1. In what city does "A Month in the Country" open?
2. What method of transportation does Thomas Birkin use to arrive in town?
3. What does Thomas Birkin look at when he arrives at the beginning of the novel?
4. Who does Thomas Birkin see staring at him from the station house when he arrives?
5. What type of coat is Thomas Birkin wearing when he arrives in town?
A pre-war herringbone tweed.
6. Who offers Thomas Birkin an umbrella when he arrives in town?
7. Why does Thomas Birkin refuse the umbrella he is offered at the station?
He says he will dry off at the church.
This section contains 4,450 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)