|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (pages 49-74).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Birkin hired to do?
(a) To repair the church roof.
(b) To paint a mural.
(c) To uncover a painting.
(d) To repair a painting.
2. What does Thomas Birkin look at when he arrives at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A book.
(b) A letter.
(c) A compass.
(d) A map.
3. Who discovered the painting before painting over it?
(a) Miss Hebron.
(b) Charles Moon.
4. What is clutching the man in the painting whose portrayal Birkin suspects is a portrait?
(a) A woman.
(b) An angel.
(c) The grim reaper.
(d) Two demons.
5. What kind of tower does the church include with its stone walls?
(a) A purple tower.
(b) A squat tower.
(c) A tall tower.
(d) An ordinate tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Birkin doing when Alice Keach first comes to see him at the church?
2. Why is Birkin's wife not with him at the church?
3. What wakes up Birkin on Sunday mornings?
4. What does Keach hope that Birkin has made?
5. In the first section of the novel, which character affects the plot even in death?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)