|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (pages 49-74).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many solo jobs has Birkin had before undertaking the job in the church?
2. Where is Birkin when Alice Keach first comes to see him at the church?
(a) On the scaffolding.
(b) In the graveyard.
(c) At Moon's tent.
(d) In the pews.
3. What occupations does Kathy suggest for Birkin?
(a) Gravedigger or banker.
(b) Painter or baker.
(c) Barber or gardener.
(d) Rent collector or schoolteacher.
4. Keach is dependent on Birkin to get money for what?
(a) The railroad.
(b) The church.
(c) His family.
(d) Charles Moon.
5. Why does Birkin go to preach at Barton Ferry?
(a) The church needs a change of pace.
(b) Mr. Ellerbeck is sick.
(c) Mr. Ellerbeck needs a rest.
(d) Mr. Ellerbeck is not qualified.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he arrives at the church, Thomas Birkin speculates that the area has probably not seen a medieval __________ boom.
2. Who invites Birkin to Sunday School for the first time in the church?
3. What does Birkin decide to do after finding the portrayal that Birkin suspects is a portrait?
4. What is Birkin hired to do?
5. What type of painting does Birkin think he is working on after uncovering the figure painted at the apex of the wall?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)