|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (pages 49-74).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moon feel about Birkin and Alice not being romantically involved?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is saddened.
2. Who is Birkin talking about when he says, "I found it pleasantly disturbing to consider the possibility of wandering off with her to some quiet room, eating supper, taking her hand, touching her, kissing"?
3. How does Keach respond to Birkin's request to use something in the church?
(a) He disagrees immediately.
(b) He agrees after some discussion.
(c) He agrees immediately.
(d) He disagrees after some discussion.
4. What is Moon's tent pitched over?
(a) Flat area.
5. According to Birkin, who typically drew the other paintings from the time period of the painting he is working on?
(a) A group of painters who collectively took credit.
(b) One person and filled in by an assistant.
(c) Assistants and touched up by the painter.
(d) A group of painters, although only one was given credit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Thomas Birkin an umbrella when he arrives in town?
2. What characterizes the damned souls in the original painting?
3. Who leads the worship service in the church where Birkin is working?
4. How is the roof of the church at which Thomas Birkin arrives described?
5. Why does Thomas Birkin take the job in the church?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)