|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 (pages 13-49).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Dowthwaite?
(a) Kathy's father.
(b) The pastor at the Ellerbeck's church.
(c) The teacher at the local schoolhouse.
(d) The superintendent of the Sunday School.
2. How is the church at which Thomas Birkin arrives described?
3. In what city does "A Month in the Country" open?
4. What does Birkin look at after Keach visits him for the first time?
(a) His supplies.
(b) The 18th century tombstones.
(c) The grave of Piers Hebron.
(d) The wall where the painting is thought to be.
5. Who argues that it is an outrage that someone as beautiful as Alice is married to Keach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not want Birkin working on the painting in the church?
2. What condition must be met in order for the church to receive the money?
3. What does Emily Clough want to get with the S's and stars she has collected?
4. What does Birkin use to mark the areas of the wall most likely to contain part of the covered painting?
5. What does Alice Keach wear that disguises her age when she comes to visit Birkin?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)