|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 (pages 13-49).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Emily Clough dying of?
(b) The plague.
2. What does Kathy Ellerbeck's father tell her she can bring to the church?
(a) A gramophone.
(c) Her paintbrushes.
3. How can Keach be viewed in relation to Birkin's work?
(a) As needed encouragement.
(b) He is not a factor.
(c) As an obstacle.
(d) As an aide.
4. What color of robe is the figure wearing that Birkin first uncovers in the painting?
5. What does Birkin look at after Keach visits him for the first time?
(a) The wall where the painting is thought to be.
(b) The grave of Piers Hebron.
(c) His supplies.
(d) The 18th century tombstones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Moon's tent pitched over?
2. What object in the church does Birkin ask Keach if he can use?
3. What type of coat is Thomas Birkin wearing when he arrives in town?
4. What is the name of the other man who Keach tells Birkin is living at the church?
5. What does Thomas Birkin look at when he arrives at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)