|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 (pages 13-49).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of painting does Birkin think he is working on after uncovering the figure painted at the apex of the wall?
(a) An Easter work.
(b) A Pastoral scene.
(c) A Nativity scene.
(d) A Judgment work.
2. What does Birkin seem to have for the painting he will uncover?
3. What kind of tower does the church include with its stone walls?
(a) A squat tower.
(b) A purple tower.
(c) An ordinate tower.
(d) A tall tower.
4. How does Birkin respond to the invitation to Sunday School?
(a) He asks if he is too old.
(b) He immediately agrees to attend.
(c) He asks if he can bring a friend.
(d) He says he will not go.
5. What condition must be met in order for the church to receive the money?
(a) Miss Hebron must be given a respectable burial.
(b) The painting must be uncovered.
(c) Piers Hebron's body must be found.
(d) Repairs must be made.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Birkin tell Keach he thinks the wall painting is?
2. What rule does Birkin tell Kathy Ellerbeck about?
3. After Moon and Birkin meet for the first time, Birkin thinks in hindsight that Moon knows ________.
4. In the first section of the novel, which character affects the plot even in death?
5. While Birkin and the Ellerbecks are visiting her, Emily Clough comments that she likes Kathy's __________.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)