|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 (pages 74-111).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What factor does Birkin base his observation on that the painting must have been hidden under the paint for a long time?
(a) The position.
(b) The lack of knowledge of the painting.
(c) The condition.
(d) The subject matter.
2. What does Alice Keach wear that disguises her age when she comes to visit Birkin?
(b) A straw hat.
(d) An overcoat.
3. What tool does Moon tell Birkin he is going to use to look for Miss Hebron's ancestor?
(a) His brain.
(c) A hoe.
(d) A divining rod.
4. What does Birkin decide to do after finding the portrayal that Birkin suspects is a portrait?
(a) Destroy the painting.
(b) Cover the painting again.
(c) Stop his work on the painting.
(d) Look at the whole painting.
5. Where is Keach not fond of Birkin living?
(a) The field next to the church.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The bell chamber of the church.
(d) The chancel of the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thomas Birkin opens the door to the church, he discovers that it is _________.
2. What is the name of Kathy's brother who sometimes accompanies her to the church?
3. What does Kathy Ellerbeck's father tell her she can bring to the church?
4. What does Birkin liken to hell in his own mind?
5. What object in the church does Birkin ask Keach if he can use?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)