|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (pages 49-74).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The woman in the wall monument is described as "modestly hiding her essential _________ by hanging on tight to a shroud as she clambered from an elegant catagalgue".
2. What does Thomas Birkin look at when he arrives at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A map.
(b) A book.
(c) A letter.
(d) A compass.
3. What does Birkin do the first morning he wakes up in the church?
(a) Pries open the windows.
(b) Organizes his supplies.
(c) Breaks his leg.
(d) Unpacks his food.
4. As he arrives at the church, Thomas Birkin speculates that the area has probably not seen a medieval __________ boom.
5. What kind of tower does the church include with its stone walls?
(a) An ordinate tower.
(b) A purple tower.
(c) A tall tower.
(d) A squat tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moon invite Birkin to his tent for the first time?
2. Where do Keach and Birkin go after discussing Birkin's request to use something in the church?
3. Who greets Birkin when he arrives at the church in Barton Ferry?
4. How many bobs a week does Birkin think he can manage on if he is careful?
5. According to Birkin's conversation with Keach, what will help or has helped Birkin decide the age of the wall painting?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)