|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (pages 49-74).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Birkin do after Keach visits him for the first time?
(a) Climbs the ladder.
(b) Prays at the altar.
(c) Visits the graveyard.
(d) Goes outside.
2. What does Moon invite Birkin to his tent for the first time?
(a) Help with repairs.
(b) A debate.
(c) Afternoon tea.
3. Where does Birkin plan to return for the winter?
4. Why does Thomas Birkin take the job in the church?
(a) Because he has a personal stake in the uncovering.
(b) As a personal favor.
(c) Experience to show potential customers.
(d) As a challenge to his abilities.
5. How can Keach be viewed in relation to Birkin's work?
(a) As an obstacle.
(b) As needed encouragement.
(c) He is not a factor.
(d) As an aide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Thomas Birkin an umbrella when he arrives in town?
2. Which of the following characteristics does not describe the portrayal that Birkin suspects might be a portrait in the larger painting?
3. How many bobs a week does Birkin think he can manage on if he is careful?
4. What is the name of the girl who asks Birkin to tea at her parents' house after church in Barton Ferry?
5. The Ellerbecks do not realize that Birkin is _______ and try to arrange another meeting between him and the Sykes' daughter.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)