|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (pages 49-74).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Birkin attend church with and have dinner with on Sunday nights?
(a) The Keaches.
(c) The Cloughs.
(d) The Ellerbecks.
2. How does Birkin feel about working in the summer at Oxgodby?
(d) It is too hot.
3. What does Emily Clough want to get with the S's and stars she has collected?
(a) A collection of homilies.
(b) A copy of The Forgotten Garden.
(c) A notebook to record her diary.
(d) New ribbons for her hair.
4. What does Birkin decide to do after finding the portrayal that Birkin suspects is a portrait?
(a) Look at the whole painting.
(b) Destroy the painting.
(c) Stop his work on the painting.
(d) Cover the painting again.
5. What is clutching the man in the painting whose portrayal Birkin suspects is a portrait?
(a) An angel.
(b) The grim reaper.
(c) A woman.
(d) Two demons.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Birkin, who typically drew the other paintings from the time period of the painting he is working on?
2. Where does Birkin plan to return for the winter?
3. What is the name of Kathy's brother who sometimes accompanies her to the church?
4. Who does the money come from for the painting to be uncovered?
5. Who leaves the door slightly ajar when visiting Birkin?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)