|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been diagnosed with aggressive cancer?
2. What does James do with the photos once he has looked at each and every one of them?
3. What happened to Lilly that she wants to keep from James?
4. What does James have to do in the beginning of family counseling?
5. Where does James tell his brother he wants to go when he is out of the clinic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the secret James reveals to the priest as he is reading his confession aloud?
2. What does James recall about fear as he is frightened and walks out into the woods?
3. What does James tell Joanne about the time he will know he has recovered from his addiction?
4. When will James have User Dreams, according to Lincoln?
5. What does Randall reveal to James about his legal troubles?
6. Describe Matty Jackson, another patient in the clinic with James and Leonard.
7. Why does James wake up in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 12?
8. What is the assignment that Joanne gives to James after he reveals his moment of clarity he had in the woods?
9. Describe the new arrival to the Clinic, Michael.
10. Why does Lilly call to ask James to meet her in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The relationship between Leonard and James is one that has a rough start, but eventually becomes the saving grace for both of these men.
Part 1: Describe the initial relationship between Leonard and James and their initial interactions.
Part 2: How does James finally come to allowing Leonard to be a part of his life, even a friend, it seems?
Part 3: What do you think of the final request of Leonard for James to be his son? What does this say about Leonard? How does this affect James?
Essay Topic 2
When James' brother and his friends visit James in the clinic, James is affected deeply by their interactions.
Part 1: Describe the scene in which James receives a visit from his brother and his brother's friends.
Part 2: What do James' brother and friends bring with them to give to James?
Part 3: How does this visit affect James? What does he do as a result of their visit?
Essay Topic 3
The Fury is the force the controls James and his addictions. It is a violent force that seems to ever overshadow Frey as the writer at times, launching the reader into the true experience of addiction.
Part 1: Describe the Fury as James experiences it.
Part 2: What does the Fury seem to be doing to James? When does it appear?
Part 3: How does James finally conquer his Fury? What are some of the steps he takes to controlling this?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)