|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does James tell his brother he wants to go when he is out of the clinic?
(a) Grocery store
2. How does James feel once Leonard is gone?
3. What does James continue to try to do in private?
(b) Look into his eyes
(c) Try to find new drugs to use
(d) Clean the toilets perfectly
4. Who wakes James up in the middle of the night because he/she is angry with him?
5. Who has been diagnosed with aggressive cancer?
(a) Lilly's grandmother
(b) Miles' wife
(c) James' mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James tell Joanne privately that overshadows any interactions with his parents?
2. What is the condition Roy suffers from?
3. Who calls James into his office in order to berate him on the assignment he was supposed to do?
4. What does James use to calm his anger when it arises?
5. Who agrees to give Lilly and James another chance if they agree to stop seeing each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leonard ask of James when he walks him out of the Clinic?
2. What does Randall reveal to James about his legal troubles?
3. What is the assignment that Joanne gives to James after he reveals his moment of clarity he had in the woods?
4. What does James tell Joanne privately about his Fury in relation to his parents?
5. What does James do at the bar at the end of the story?
6. What has James' college girlfriend sent to him in the mail?
7. What is the secret James reveals to the priest as he is reading his confession aloud?
8. What does Lilly tell James about his parents and about being thankful for them?
9. What does James recall about fear as he is frightened and walks out into the woods?
10. What does James tell Joanne about the time he will know he has recovered from his addiction?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)