|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James hide from his roommates because he does not want to show he is vulnerable?
(a) His journals
(b) His book
(c) His crying
(d) His memories
2. Whose thin, beaten, and weak body surprises James?
(d) His own
3. What has happened to James' front teeth?
(a) They're gone
(b) They're chipped
(c) They're crooked
4. What does Hank give to James to help him during the procedure?
(a) Two tennis balls
(b) A CD
(c) A book
(d) A picture
5. When did Lilly's father leave her, according to Lilly's account of her life?
(b) This year
Short Answer Questions
1. James _______ out of the chair and onto the ground.
2. Who did Lilly run away to be with after she realized how bad her home life was?
3. Where does James go for a walk outside of the clinic?
4. What does James do when he comes to the realization in #115?
5. What is the name of the Unit Recovery Counselor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one of the mistakes James recalls while in the shower?
2. What are some of the ways Hank helps James in this chapter?
3. When Warren and John go out to look for Larry, what does James know already about Larry?
4. Describe the idea of the "Fury" that takes over James at times.
5. When James arrives at the dentist's office, what kind of pain does James say he feels afraid to feel?
6. What is the clinic's stance on interaction between two patients of the opposite sex?
7. How does James respond to the situation in #9?
8. Describe what takes place during James' first User Dream.
9. Why does James turn up the heat in the shower when he is bathing his body?
10. How often does James abuse alcohol, according to his statement when talking to the nurse during his admit to the medical wing?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)