|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did James violently beat up before coming to the clinic?
(a) A French priest
(b) A doctor
(c) A friend
(d) His girlfriend
2. What does James receive when he talks to Joanne about his moment of clarity in the woods?
(d) Coloring book
3. What was James holding in his hand when he walked out of the building with Lilly?
(a) A bag of dirt
(b) Her clothes
4. When Lilly leaves the clinic, Hank and _____________ go with James to try to find her.
5. Who calls James into his office in order to berate him on the assignment he was supposed to do?
6. Which authorities want James to spend a long time in jail and do not want a plea bargain?
(c) North Carolina
7. Who is the newest addition to the clinic--a Catholic university administrator with an addition to crack and prostitutes?
8. Who does James get to pick him up on the morning of his departure from the clinic?
(c) Lilly's grandmother
9. What does James continue to try to do in private?
(b) Try to find new drugs to use
(c) Clean the toilets perfectly
(d) Look into his eyes
10. James knows he only feels fear because he _______ himself to feel fear.
(b) Is able
11. Where does James go when he becomes scared about leaving the clinic?
(a) Nurse's station
12. What happened to Lilly that she wants to keep from James?
(a) She was gang raped.
(b) She has been in rehab five times.
(c) She was molested by a priest.
(d) She was a man once.
13. What does James use to calm his anger when it arises?
(c) Obsessive cleaning rituals
(d) Tao Te Ching
14. What does James plan to confront as soon as he is out of the clinic?
(a) His best friend
(b) Alcohol or drugs
(c) His parents
(d) His old girlfriend
15. What rises within James as he sits with the glass of alcohol in front of him?
Short Answer Questions
1. James needs to make a written and spoken _______________ of his deeds for his final assignment.
2. Where does James tell his brother he wants to go when he is out of the clinic?
3. What does the instructor reveal to be the average relapse rate at any clinic in the world?
4. Who has been diagnosed with aggressive cancer?
5. At the clinic, all patients are _________.
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)