|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who abridged Martha's diary for a history of Augusta?
(a) Charles Kuralt
(b) Charles Lindbergh
(c) Charles Osgood
(d) Charles Elventon Nash
2. Which family member's autopsy did Martha attend?
3. Where do Martha and Ephraim build a house?
(a) In Augusta
(b) In Kennebunk
(c) In Portland
(d) On Jonathan's farm
4. In what field does Martha's family remain?
5. In Martha's time it was a common practice for _______________ to attend autopsies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moves into Martha's house with her?
2. How does the year 1809 begin for Martha?
3. Who is Paul Chadwick?
4. The confrontation between Ephraim and the answer to #115 eventually led to _______________________.
5. Who is Mary Hobart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was occurring in 1809 which could be likened to the Boston Tea Party?
2. Explain the antagonistic relationship between Martha and Dr. Cony.
3. What shocking crime did Captain Purrinton commit?
4. What was the state of Martha's mental and physical health now that she is 70-years-old?
5. What was the common practice regarding midwives attending at autopsies?
6. With what content did Martha prefer to fill her diary instead of news of politics and conflict?
7. How does this chapter show a real personal crisis for Martha?
8. What were the challenges Ephraim faced in his surveying work?
9. Who is the first of Martha's relatives to realize the significance of her diary pages?
10. Who were Captain Purrinton and his family?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)