|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession did some of the ousted female healers choose?
2. How old is Martha in the spring of 1804?
3. Who headed up the band of white Indians?
(a) Mr. Densmore
(b) Dr. Page
(c) Elijah Barton
(d) Jonathan Ballard
4. What is the result of the answer to #159?
(a) Merchant bankruptcies
(b) A new election
(c) Labor strikes
(d) Birth of a new political party
5. How is Clara Barton related to Martha?
(a) Great Granddaughter
(b) Granddaughter of her brother
(c) Great niece
(d) Granddaughter of her sister
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ephraim spend his 80th birthday?
2. Why was Ephraim released during the days?
3. Which of the following is not one of the hardships associated with surveying?
4. What type of seeds did the merchants sell?
5. What does Mary Hobart have in common with Martha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were Captain Purrinton and his family?
2. What medical treatments were popular during this time period?
3. Explain the state of Martha's health in 1796?
4. What was the common practice regarding midwives attending at autopsies?
5. Explain the antagonistic relationship between Martha and Dr. Cony.
6. What were the challenges Ephraim faced in his surveying work?
7. With what content did Martha prefer to fill her diary instead of news of politics and conflict?
8. What shocking crime did Captain Purrinton commit?
9. Martha's garden was always important to her but why was it especially critical during 1809?
10. What complicated the community's recovery period after the Purrinton murders?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)