|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the hardships associated with surveying?
(a) Wild animals
(b) Lack of food
(c) Quick payment
2. Who buys the parcel of land next to Jonathan's?
(a) Captain Purrinton
(b) Henry Sewall
(c) Dr. Page
(d) Reverend Foster
3. Where do Martha and Ephraim build a house?
(a) In Augusta
(b) In Kennebunk
(c) In Portland
(d) On Jonathan's farm
4. Who stays with Martha and Ephraim each night?
(a) Rebecca Foster
(c) Mrs. Densmore
(d) One of Jonathan's children
5. What phrase does Martha use to indicate that her house was fighting with her?
(a) Chomping at the bit
(b) At the end of its tether
(c) No rest for the weary
(d) Up in arms
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Ephraim released during the days?
2. How many autopsies did Martha attend in her life?
3. What type of seeds did the merchants sell?
4. How old is Martha in the spring of 1804?
5. To what event is Martha invited?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the state of Martha's mental and physical health now that she is 70-years-old?
2. Describe the terms of Ephraim's incarceration.
3. What medical treatments were popular during this time period?
4. What happened in the aftermath of the Purrinton murders?
5. How did Ephraim get embroiled in events that would lead to the Malta War of 1809?
6. What was occurring in 1809 which could be likened to the Boston Tea Party?
7. What shocking crime did Captain Purrinton commit?
8. Explain the antagonistic relationship between Martha and Dr. Cony.
9. How did Martha's complete diary find its way to being published in its entirety?
10. Explain the state of Martha's health in 1796?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)