|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Martha and Ephraim build a house?
(a) In Augusta
(b) In Portland
(c) On Jonathan's farm
(d) In Kennebunk
2. At what age does John Davis Jr. die?
3. How old is Martha at the beginning of 1796?
(a) Over 50
(b) Over 70
(c) Over 60
(d) Over 40
4. What type of seeds did the merchants sell?
5. What is Martha's main concern at this time?
(a) Ephraim's health
(b) Her grandchildren
(c) Getting older
(d) A terminal illness
Short Answer Questions
1. Who headed up the band of white Indians?
2. How old is Ephraim in January of 1796?
3. Which family member concerns Martha because of a bad temper?
4. Why was Ephraim released during the days?
5. Who is ambushing survey crews?
Short Essay Questions
1. What medical treatments were popular during this time period?
2. What was Martha's only real problem during Ephraim's incarceration?
3. Name the two reasons Martha's diary is so special.
4. How did Charles Elventon Nash incorporate Martha's diary into his history of Augusta?
5. What complicated the community's recovery period after the Purrinton murders?
6. What was the impact of the Jefferson Embargo?
7. Describe the terms of Ephraim's incarceration.
8. Explain how the emergence of physicians changed the practices of most midwives.
9. What happened in the aftermath of the Purrinton murders?
10. Explain the antagonistic relationship between Martha and Dr. Cony.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)