|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moves into Martha's house with her?
(a) Jonathan and his family
(b) Ephraim's sister
(c) Her sister
(d) Hannah and her family
2. Where does Ephraim spend his 80th birthday?
(c) Jonathan's house
(d) The tavern
3. How many houses does Jonathan rent out on his property?
4. How many autopsies did Martha attend in her life?
5. How many of the children of the answer to #148 escaped?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Martha in the spring of 1804?
2. What are the names of the two children who survived?
3. What did Ephraim consider his imprisonment?
4. To what event is Martha invited?
5. Where is Ephraim jailed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the state of Martha's health in 1796?
2. Martha's garden was always important to her but why was it especially critical during 1809?
3. Who were Captain Purrinton and his family?
4. What shocking crime did Captain Purrinton commit?
5. What were the circumstances preceding Ephraim's arrest?
6. Who is the first of Martha's relatives to realize the significance of her diary pages?
7. What medical treatments were popular during this time period?
8. What was the state of Martha's mental and physical health now that she is 70-years-old?
9. How does this chapter show a real personal crisis for Martha?
10. What were the challenges Ephraim faced in his surveying work?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)