|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the year 1809 begin for Martha?
(a) She buries her husband
(b) She is injured from a fall
(c) She has resigned
(d) She delivered a baby
2. Where was the murderer buried?
(a) Tossed in a hole at the side of a road
(b) On his farm
(c) At sea
(d) The Calvinist cemetery
3. Why was Ephraim released during the days?
(a) To visit Martha
(b) To get exercise
(c) To get some sunshine
(d) To work to pay his debt
4. Which family member concerns Martha because of a bad temper?
5. Who is the new girl hired by Martha to help in the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what job is Ephraim working when he is arrested?
2. Who moves into Martha's house with her?
3. To what event is Martha invited?
4. In what field does Martha's family remain?
5. What is the result of the answer to #159?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the state of Martha's mental and physical health now that she is 70-years-old?
2. What medical treatments were popular during this time period?
3. Describe the terms of Ephraim's incarceration.
4. How did Ephraim get embroiled in events that would lead to the Malta War of 1809?
5. What were the challenges Ephraim faced in his surveying work?
6. Explain the state of Martha's health in 1796?
7. Who were Captain Purrinton and his family?
8. What was Martha's only real problem during Ephraim's incarceration?
9. What was occurring in 1809 which could be likened to the Boston Tea Party?
10. Explain the antagonistic relationship between Martha and Dr. Cony.
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)