|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who abridged Martha's diary for a history of Augusta?
(a) Charles Osgood
(b) Charles Lindbergh
(c) Charles Kuralt
(d) Charles Elventon Nash
2. The confrontation between Ephraim and the answer to #115 eventually led to _______________________.
(a) Malta War of 1809
(b) War of 1812
(c) French and Indian War
(d) The end of Ephraim's career
3. How does the year 1809 begin for Martha?
(a) She delivered a baby
(b) She buries her husband
(c) She is injured from a fall
(d) She has resigned
4. What is Ephraim's attitude about his surveying work?
(a) He hates it
(b) He is not ready to slow down
(c) He has retired
(d) He is semi-retired
5. Which of the following is not one of the hardships associated with surveying?
(a) Quick payment
(b) Lack of food
(d) Wild animals
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mary Hobart?
2. How many nights had Ephraim spent in the woods as a surveyor?
3. What is the other reason that makes Martha's diary to special?
4. What is the result of the answer to #159?
5. Who buys the parcel of land next to Jonathan's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the state of Martha's mental and physical health now that she is 70-years-old?
2. How does this chapter show a real personal crisis for Martha?
3. What was the impact of the Jefferson Embargo?
4. Explain the state of Martha's health in 1796?
5. With what content did Martha prefer to fill her diary instead of news of politics and conflict?
6. Who is the first of Martha's relatives to realize the significance of her diary pages?
7. What was the common practice regarding midwives attending at autopsies?
8. What complicated the community's recovery period after the Purrinton murders?
9. What shocking crime did Captain Purrinton commit?
10. Who were Captain Purrinton and his family?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)