|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Clara Barton related to Martha?
(a) Granddaughter of her brother
(b) Granddaughter of her sister
(c) Great niece
(d) Great Granddaughter
2. Where did Martha stay after the murders?
(a) With Martha and Ephraim
(b) With the Fosters
(c) With Jonathan and Sally
(d) With the Densmores
3. Which family member's autopsy did Martha attend?
4. Who committed a murder/suicide on July 9, 1806?
(a) Reverend Foster
(b) Captain Purrinton
(c) Dr. Densmore
(d) Dr. Page
5. Who is Mary Hobart?
(a) She is Martha's best friend
(b) She is Martha's sister-in-law
(c) She inherited the pages of Martha's diary in 1884
(d) She is Martha's first patient
6. Young midwives are __________________ by the doctors in the area.
7. Who does Ephraim encounter who do not give up their land?
(a) French explorers
(b) Native Americans
(c) U.S. army troops
8. What is the name of the man who came for the two remaining children?
9. Where do Martha and Ephraim build a house?
(a) In Portland
(b) In Kennebunk
(c) In Augusta
(d) On Jonathan's farm
10. How many of his children did the answer to #148 kill?
11. Who stays with Martha and Ephraim each night?
(a) Mrs. Densmore
(c) One of Jonathan's children
(d) Rebecca Foster
12. How old is Martha at the beginning of 1796?
(a) Over 50
(b) Over 70
(c) Over 60
(d) Over 40
13. Who is the new girl hired by Martha to help in the house?
14. What is Martha's biggest problem during Ephraim's incarceration?
(a) Getting wood for the winter
(b) Having no one to talk to at night
(c) Paying the bills
(d) Getting flax for her wool
15. What is Martha's physical state?
(c) Tired and in constant pain
(d) Terminally ill
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ephraim's attitude about his surveying work?
2. How many houses does Jonathan rent out on his property?
3. Where is Ephraim jailed?
4. Martha's midwife practice increases due to the death of which midwife?
5. Why did the author publish Martha's diary?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)