|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Martha's time it was a common practice for _______________ to attend autopsies.
2. What type of seeds did the merchants sell?
3. At what age does John Davis Jr. die?
4. At what job is Ephraim working when he is arrested?
(b) Tax collector
5. Who moves into Martha's house with her?
(a) Jonathan and his family
(b) Hannah and her family
(c) Her sister
(d) Ephraim's sister
6. Who stays with Martha and Ephraim each night?
(a) One of Jonathan's children
(c) Mrs. Densmore
(d) Rebecca Foster
7. What is Martha's physical state?
(b) Tired and in constant pain
(c) Terminally ill
8. What is the name of the man who came for the two remaining children?
9. What does Mary Hobart have in common with Martha?
(a) Medical care of women and children
(b) They lived on the same property
(c) They shared an interest in gardening
(d) They were both Calvinists
10. To what event is Martha invited?
(a) John Davis Jr.'s funeral
(b) John Davis Jr.'s autopsy
(c) John Davis Jr.'s birthday party
(d) John Davis Jr.s' Baptism
11. Which physician is threatened by Martha's practice?
(a) Dr. Cony
(b) Dr. Densmore
(c) Dr. Page
(d) Dr. Foster
12. What did Ephraim consider his imprisonment?
(a) A vacation
(b) An outrage
(c) A nuisance
(d) A scandal
13. Who does Mary give the diary pages to?
(a) The Maine State Library
(b) The Augusta Historical Society
(c) The Kennebunkport Museum
(d) The Smithsonian Institution
14. On whom does Martha rely heavily during this period?
15. Where is Ephraim jailed?
(a) Shawshank prison
(b) The Augusta prison
(c) The Kennebunk jail
(d) The Hallowell jail
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the children of the answer to #148 escaped?
2. Which of the following did Martha not grow in her garden?
3. What profession did some of the ousted female healers choose?
4. Young midwives are __________________ by the doctors in the area.
5. Where did James stay after the murders?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)