|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of the answer to #159?
(a) Labor strikes
(b) Merchant bankruptcies
(c) A new election
(d) Birth of a new political party
2. What did Clara Barton found?
(a) The Clara Barton Foundation
(b) The Juliette Low Foundation
(c) The Florence Nightingale Society
(d) The American Red Cross
3. Which family member concerns Martha because of a bad temper?
4. What is Martha's biggest problem during Ephraim's incarceration?
(a) Getting wood for the winter
(b) Getting flax for her wool
(c) Having no one to talk to at night
(d) Paying the bills
5. Which of the following is not a reason that someone stays with Martha and Ephraim each night?
(a) Help Martha and Ephraim with chores
(b) They have set fire to the house before
(c) It relieves the crowding in Jonathan's house
(d) Cook food for Martha and Ephraim
6. Who committed a murder/suicide on July 9, 1806?
(a) Reverend Foster
(b) Dr. Page
(c) Dr. Densmore
(d) Captain Purrinton
7. Which family member's autopsy did Martha attend?
8. On whom does Martha rely heavily during this period?
9. Which of the following is not one of the hardships associated with surveying?
(a) Wild animals
(c) Quick payment
(d) Lack of food
10. Why was Ephraim released during the days?
(a) To visit Martha
(b) To get some sunshine
(c) To get exercise
(d) To work to pay his debt
11. What does Mary Hobart have in common with Martha?
(a) They shared an interest in gardening
(b) Medical care of women and children
(c) They were both Calvinists
(d) They lived on the same property
12. Where do Martha and Ephraim build a house?
(a) In Kennebunk
(b) In Portland
(c) On Jonathan's farm
(d) In Augusta
13. What is the other reason that makes Martha's diary to special?
(a) Ink was scarce at the time
(b) It was not in a safe deposit box
(c) Her family saved it
(d) It did not burn in a fire
14. Who is ambushing survey crews?
(a) Settlers dressed as Indians
(b) Native American warriors
(c) U.S. army deserters
(d) French soldiers
15. What did Ephraim consider his imprisonment?
(a) A nuisance
(b) A vacation
(c) An outrage
(d) A scandal
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Martha's focus during this time period?
2. How long does it take the answer to #146 to clear the land and build a house for his family?
3. What is the name of the man who came for the two remaining children?
4. Who is the new girl hired by Martha to help in the house?
5. What phrase does Martha use to indicate that her house was fighting with her?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)