|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which family member's autopsy did Martha attend?
2. Who is Mary Hobart?
(a) She is Martha's first patient
(b) She is Martha's sister-in-law
(c) She is Martha's best friend
(d) She inherited the pages of Martha's diary in 1884
3. Who is ambushing survey crews?
(a) French soldiers
(b) Native American warriors
(c) U.S. army deserters
(d) Settlers dressed as Indians
4. Which family member concerns Martha because of a bad temper?
5. What is the result of a disagreement between France and England?
(a) The War of 1812
(b) The French and Indian War
(c) The Malta War
(d) The Jefferson embargo
6. To what event is Martha invited?
(a) John Davis Jr.'s autopsy
(b) John Davis Jr.s' Baptism
(c) John Davis Jr.'s funeral
(d) John Davis Jr.'s birthday party
7. Why does Martha become increasingly dependent on Jonathan?
(a) Ephaim is very ill
(b) Ephraim leaves her
(c) Ephraim dies
(d) Ephraim is arrested
8. What did Clara Barton found?
(a) The Florence Nightingale Society
(b) The American Red Cross
(c) The Clara Barton Foundation
(d) The Juliette Low Foundation
9. What is Martha's physical state?
(b) Terminally ill
(d) Tired and in constant pain
10. Who headed up the band of white Indians?
(a) Dr. Page
(b) Mr. Densmore
(c) Jonathan Ballard
(d) Elijah Barton
11. Who abridged Martha's diary for a history of Augusta?
(a) Charles Osgood
(b) Charles Kuralt
(c) Charles Lindbergh
(d) Charles Elventon Nash
12. Where did James stay after the murders?
(a) With Jonathan and Sally
(b) With the Fosters
(c) With Dr. Page
(d) With Martha and Ephraim
13. Where do Martha and Ephraim build a house?
(a) In Kennebunk
(b) In Portland
(c) On Jonathan's farm
(d) In Augusta
14. What is Ephraim's attitude about his surveying work?
(a) He hates it
(b) He is semi-retired
(c) He has retired
(d) He is not ready to slow down
15. Young midwives are __________________ by the doctors in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author publish Martha's diary?
2. Who stays with Martha and Ephraim each night?
3. Who was Clara Barton?
4. How many of the children of the answer to #148 escaped?
5. How old is Ephraim in January of 1796?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)