|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else commits suicide during this period?
(a) Mr. Gill and Benjamin Petty
(b) Benjamin Petty and Reverend Foster
(c) Mr. Gill and Jonathan
(d) Mr. Gill and Dr. Page
2. Who headed up the band of white Indians?
(a) Elijah Barton
(b) Jonathan Ballard
(c) Dr. Page
(d) Mr. Densmore
3. Where does Ephraim spend his 80th birthday?
(a) The tavern
(d) Jonathan's house
4. How long does it take the answer to #146 to clear the land and build a house for his family?
(a) 2 months
(b) 1 year
(c) 6 months
(d) 2 years
5. What was the profession of John Davis Jr.'s father?
6. What type of seeds did the merchants sell?
7. What is Martha's biggest problem during Ephraim's incarceration?
(a) Getting flax for her wool
(b) Having no one to talk to at night
(c) Paying the bills
(d) Getting wood for the winter
8. How many autopsies did Martha attend in her life?
9. How many nights had Ephraim spent in the woods as a surveyor?
10. What is Martha's focus during this time period?
(a) Her weaving
(b) Her sewing
(c) Her canning
(d) Her garden
11. Who does Ephraim encounter who do not give up their land?
(a) U.S. army troops
(b) Native Americans
(d) French explorers
12. Why is Ephraim arrested?
(a) He is $800 short in his accounting
(b) He refuses to pay his taxes
(c) He cheats customers on a regular basis
(d) He writes scandalous editorials
13. Who moves into Martha's house with her?
(a) Her sister
(b) Hannah and her family
(c) Jonathan and his family
(d) Ephraim's sister
14. Where did James stay after the murders?
(a) With Dr. Page
(b) With the Fosters
(c) With Jonathan and Sally
(d) With Martha and Ephraim
15. What profession did some of the ousted female healers choose?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member's autopsy did Martha attend?
2. What is one reason that Martha's diary is so special?
3. On whom does Martha rely heavily during this period?
4. What is the other reason that makes Martha's diary to special?
5. Who stays with Martha and Ephraim each night?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)