|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Young midwives are __________________ by the doctors in the area.
2. How does the year 1809 begin for Martha?
(a) She buries her husband
(b) She delivered a baby
(c) She has resigned
(d) She is injured from a fall
3. How many houses does Jonathan rent out on his property?
4. Where did James stay after the murders?
(a) With the Fosters
(b) With Martha and Ephraim
(c) With Dr. Page
(d) With Jonathan and Sally
5. What is Ephraim's attitude about his surveying work?
(a) He is semi-retired
(b) He is not ready to slow down
(c) He hates it
(d) He has retired
6. Who committed a murder/suicide on July 9, 1806?
(a) Reverend Foster
(b) Captain Purrinton
(c) Dr. Page
(d) Dr. Densmore
7. Which family member's autopsy did Martha attend?
8. What is Martha's physical state?
(a) Terminally ill
(c) Tired and in constant pain
9. Which of the following is not one of the hardships associated with surveying?
(b) Quick payment
(c) Wild animals
(d) Lack of food
10. Who is the mother of John Davis Jr.?
(a) Hetty Ballard
(b) Hetty Davis
(c) Hetty Pierce
(d) Hetty Densmore
11. When did midwives stop attending autopsies?
(a) When the midwife fainted
(b) When they became more institutionalized
(c) When the midwife vomited
(d) When the midwife shrieked
12. Who buys the parcel of land next to Jonathan's?
(a) Reverend Foster
(b) Dr. Page
(c) Captain Purrinton
(d) Henry Sewall
13. How many of the children of the answer to #148 escaped?
14. What is Martha's main concern at this time?
(a) Her grandchildren
(b) Getting older
(c) A terminal illness
(d) Ephraim's health
15. At what age does John Davis Jr. die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Martha and Ephraim build a house?
2. What type of seeds did the merchants sell?
3. What is the result of a disagreement between France and England?
4. Which of the following did Martha not grow in her garden?
5. Where is Ephraim jailed?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)