|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whom does Martha rely heavily during this period?
2. Who moves into Martha's house with her?
(a) Jonathan and his family
(b) Ephraim's sister
(c) Hannah and her family
(d) Her sister
3. In what field does Martha's family remain?
4. What is Ephraim's attitude about his surveying work?
(a) He hates it
(b) He is semi-retired
(c) He is not ready to slow down
(d) He has retired
5. Where does Ephraim spend his 80th birthday?
(b) The tavern
(c) Jonathan's house
6. What is Martha's physical state?
(b) Tired and in constant pain
(c) Terminally ill
7. How long does it take the answer to #146 to clear the land and build a house for his family?
(a) 6 months
(b) 2 months
(c) 2 years
(d) 1 year
8. Who is the new girl hired by Martha to help in the house?
9. What did Ephraim consider his imprisonment?
(a) An outrage
(b) A vacation
(c) A scandal
(d) A nuisance
10. How does the year 1809 begin for Martha?
(a) She is injured from a fall
(b) She buries her husband
(c) She has resigned
(d) She delivered a baby
11. Who stays with Martha and Ephraim each night?
(a) Mrs. Densmore
(b) Rebecca Foster
(c) One of Jonathan's children
12. What is the name of the man who came for the two remaining children?
13. What is Martha's main concern at this time?
(a) Getting older
(b) Ephraim's health
(c) Her grandchildren
(d) A terminal illness
14. How many autopsies did Martha attend in her life?
15. Who does Ephraim encounter who do not give up their land?
(b) French explorers
(c) U.S. army troops
(d) Native Americans
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary give the diary pages to?
2. Where did Martha stay after the murders?
3. In Martha's time it was a common practice for _______________ to attend autopsies.
4. Why did the author publish Martha's diary?
5. Who is Mary Hobart?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)