|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The confrontation between Ephraim and the answer to #115 eventually led to _______________________.
(a) The end of Ephraim's career
(b) Malta War of 1809
(c) War of 1812
(d) French and Indian War
2. Where do Martha and Ephraim build a house?
(a) In Portland
(b) On Jonathan's farm
(c) In Augusta
(d) In Kennebunk
3. Where was the murderer buried?
(a) Tossed in a hole at the side of a road
(b) On his farm
(c) At sea
(d) The Calvinist cemetery
4. What are the names of the two children who survived?
(a) James and Ellen
(b) James and Martha
(c) James and Anna
(d) Martha and John
5. What is the result of a disagreement between France and England?
(a) The Malta War
(b) The Jefferson embargo
(c) The French and Indian War
(d) The War of 1812
6. Who stays with Martha and Ephraim each night?
(a) Rebecca Foster
(c) Mrs. Densmore
(d) One of Jonathan's children
7. Which of the following did Martha not grow in her garden?
8. How old is Martha in the spring of 1804?
9. On whom does Martha rely heavily during this period?
10. Which of the following is not one of the hardships associated with surveying?
(b) Wild animals
(c) Quick payment
(d) Lack of food
11. How many of the children of the answer to #148 escaped?
12. How were the pages of Martha's diary stored?
(a) In a safe deposit box
(b) In a mahogany box
(c) On microfilm
(d) On a CD
13. In what field does Martha's family remain?
14. Who moves into Martha's house with her?
(a) Hannah and her family
(b) Jonathan and his family
(c) Ephraim's sister
(d) Her sister
15. Who committed a murder/suicide on July 9, 1806?
(a) Dr. Page
(b) Reverend Foster
(c) Dr. Densmore
(d) Captain Purrinton
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Clara Barton related to Martha?
2. What is the name of the man who came for the two remaining children?
3. How many houses does Jonathan rent out on his property?
4. Who headed up the band of white Indians?
5. How old is Martha at the beginning of 1796?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)