|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which family member's autopsy did Martha attend?
2. What phrase does Martha use to indicate that her house was fighting with her?
(a) Up in arms
(b) At the end of its tether
(c) Chomping at the bit
(d) No rest for the weary
3. How old is Martha at the beginning of 1796?
(a) Over 50
(b) Over 60
(c) Over 70
(d) Over 40
4. Why was Ephraim released during the days?
(a) To get some sunshine
(b) To get exercise
(c) To visit Martha
(d) To work to pay his debt
5. How many of the children of the answer to #148 escaped?
6. What type of seeds did the merchants sell?
7. Which of the following is not a reason that someone stays with Martha and Ephraim each night?
(a) They have set fire to the house before
(b) It relieves the crowding in Jonathan's house
(c) Cook food for Martha and Ephraim
(d) Help Martha and Ephraim with chores
8. Who abridged Martha's diary for a history of Augusta?
(a) Charles Lindbergh
(b) Charles Osgood
(c) Charles Elventon Nash
(d) Charles Kuralt
9. How does the year 1809 begin for Martha?
(a) She delivered a baby
(b) She has resigned
(c) She buries her husband
(d) She is injured from a fall
10. Which of the following did Martha not grow in her garden?
11. Who is the mother of John Davis Jr.?
(a) Hetty Davis
(b) Hetty Pierce
(c) Hetty Densmore
(d) Hetty Ballard
12. At what job is Ephraim working when he is arrested?
(c) Tax collector
13. What is the result of a disagreement between France and England?
(a) The War of 1812
(b) The Jefferson embargo
(c) The French and Indian War
(d) The Malta War
14. In what field does Martha's family remain?
15. Who was Clara Barton?
(a) A historian
(b) A university professor
(c) A newspaper editor
(d) A Civil War nurse
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ephraim spend his 80th birthday?
2. Who is ambushing survey crews?
3. What is Martha's main concern at this time?
4. What is Martha's physical state?
5. How many nights had Ephraim spent in the woods as a surveyor?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)