|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Martha's time it was a common practice for _______________ to attend autopsies.
2. What is Martha's focus during this time period?
(a) Her sewing
(b) Her weaving
(c) Her garden
(d) Her canning
3. How many of the children of the answer to #148 escaped?
4. When did midwives stop attending autopsies?
(a) When the midwife fainted
(b) When the midwife shrieked
(c) When the midwife vomited
(d) When they became more institutionalized
5. How many nights had Ephraim spent in the woods as a surveyor?
6. What is Martha's main concern at this time?
(a) A terminal illness
(b) Ephraim's health
(c) Getting older
(d) Her grandchildren
7. What type of seeds did the merchants sell?
8. Where do Martha and Ephraim build a house?
(a) In Portland
(b) In Kennebunk
(c) On Jonathan's farm
(d) In Augusta
9. What is the result of a disagreement between France and England?
(a) The War of 1812
(b) The French and Indian War
(c) The Jefferson embargo
(d) The Malta War
10. Who else commits suicide during this period?
(a) Benjamin Petty and Reverend Foster
(b) Mr. Gill and Benjamin Petty
(c) Mr. Gill and Jonathan
(d) Mr. Gill and Dr. Page
11. Why does Martha become increasingly dependent on Jonathan?
(a) Ephraim is arrested
(b) Ephraim leaves her
(c) Ephraim dies
(d) Ephaim is very ill
12. On whom does Martha rely heavily during this period?
13. Where is Ephraim jailed?
(a) The Hallowell jail
(b) The Augusta prison
(c) Shawshank prison
(d) The Kennebunk jail
14. In what field does Martha's family remain?
15. Who committed a murder/suicide on July 9, 1806?
(a) Captain Purrinton
(b) Dr. Page
(c) Dr. Densmore
(d) Reverend Foster
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ephraim consider his imprisonment?
2. At what age does John Davis Jr. die?
3. What is the result of the answer to #159?
4. Who abridged Martha's diary for a history of Augusta?
5. What did Clara Barton found?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)