|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ephraim jailed?
(a) The Hallowell jail
(b) Shawshank prison
(c) The Augusta prison
(d) The Kennebunk jail
2. How long does it take the answer to #146 to clear the land and build a house for his family?
(a) 1 year
(b) 2 years
(c) 6 months
(d) 2 months
3. Who does Mary give the diary pages to?
(a) The Augusta Historical Society
(b) The Maine State Library
(c) The Smithsonian Institution
(d) The Kennebunkport Museum
4. To what event is Martha invited?
(a) John Davis Jr.s' Baptism
(b) John Davis Jr.'s funeral
(c) John Davis Jr.'s autopsy
(d) John Davis Jr.'s birthday party
5. Martha's midwife practice increases due to the death of which midwife?
(a) Ellen Franklin
(b) Ann Mosier
(c) Ava Densmore
(d) Rebecca Foster
6. How is Clara Barton related to Martha?
(a) Great niece
(b) Granddaughter of her brother
(c) Granddaughter of her sister
(d) Great Granddaughter
7. Why does Martha become increasingly dependent on Jonathan?
(a) Ephaim is very ill
(b) Ephraim is arrested
(c) Ephraim dies
(d) Ephraim leaves her
8. What is the result of the answer to #159?
(a) Merchant bankruptcies
(b) Birth of a new political party
(c) A new election
(d) Labor strikes
9. Who is ambushing survey crews?
(a) French soldiers
(b) U.S. army deserters
(c) Settlers dressed as Indians
(d) Native American warriors
10. What is one reason that Martha's diary is so special?
(a) She had nine children which kept her very busy
(b) Many women of the time could not write
(c) Paper was scarce during this time
(d) Her businesses occupied most of her time
11. Which family member's autopsy did Martha attend?
12. Who buys the parcel of land next to Jonathan's?
(a) Henry Sewall
(b) Reverend Foster
(c) Captain Purrinton
(d) Dr. Page
13. How many of the children of the answer to #148 escaped?
14. Where did James stay after the murders?
(a) With the Fosters
(b) With Martha and Ephraim
(c) With Dr. Page
(d) With Jonathan and Sally
15. What is the other reason that makes Martha's diary to special?
(a) Her family saved it
(b) Ink was scarce at the time
(c) It was not in a safe deposit box
(d) It did not burn in a fire
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Martha not grow in her garden?
2. What did Clara Barton found?
3. At what age does John Davis Jr. die?
4. What type of seeds did the merchants sell?
5. How old is Martha in the spring of 1804?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)