|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ephraim consider his imprisonment?
(a) A vacation
(b) An outrage
(c) A scandal
(d) A nuisance
2. Who does Ephraim encounter who do not give up their land?
(a) U.S. army troops
(b) French explorers
(d) Native Americans
3. The confrontation between Ephraim and the answer to #115 eventually led to _______________________.
(a) French and Indian War
(b) War of 1812
(c) Malta War of 1809
(d) The end of Ephraim's career
4. What is Martha's main concern at this time?
(a) Getting older
(b) Ephraim's health
(c) A terminal illness
(d) Her grandchildren
5. Who headed up the band of white Indians?
(a) Mr. Densmore
(b) Jonathan Ballard
(c) Dr. Page
(d) Elijah Barton
6. What is Martha's physical state?
(a) Tired and in constant pain
(d) Terminally ill
7. How is Clara Barton related to Martha?
(a) Great niece
(b) Granddaughter of her sister
(c) Great Granddaughter
(d) Granddaughter of her brother
8. What does Mary Hobart have in common with Martha?
(a) They were both Calvinists
(b) Medical care of women and children
(c) They lived on the same property
(d) They shared an interest in gardening
9. In what field does Martha's family remain?
10. Which family member concerns Martha because of a bad temper?
11. Who abridged Martha's diary for a history of Augusta?
(a) Charles Kuralt
(b) Charles Osgood
(c) Charles Elventon Nash
(d) Charles Lindbergh
12. How does the year 1809 begin for Martha?
(a) She delivered a baby
(b) She has resigned
(c) She buries her husband
(d) She is injured from a fall
13. What did away with the community female healers?
(a) Fewer women in the profession
(b) More hospitals
(c) Fewer patients
(d) Professionalism and male dominance
14. Who does Mary give the diary pages to?
(a) The Kennebunkport Museum
(b) The Augusta Historical Society
(c) The Maine State Library
(d) The Smithsonian Institution
15. To what event is Martha invited?
(a) John Davis Jr.'s funeral
(b) John Davis Jr.'s birthday party
(c) John Davis Jr.s' Baptism
(d) John Davis Jr.'s autopsy
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of John Davis Jr.'s father?
2. When did midwives stop attending autopsies?
3. Who is Paul Chadwick?
4. How many of the children of the answer to #148 escaped?
5. Who moves into Martha's house with her?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)