|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else commits suicide during this period?
(a) Mr. Gill and Dr. Page
(b) Mr. Gill and Jonathan
(c) Benjamin Petty and Reverend Foster
(d) Mr. Gill and Benjamin Petty
2. Which physician is threatened by Martha's practice?
(a) Dr. Cony
(b) Dr. Page
(c) Dr. Foster
(d) Dr. Densmore
3. Why does Martha become increasingly dependent on Jonathan?
(a) Ephraim leaves her
(b) Ephaim is very ill
(c) Ephraim is arrested
(d) Ephraim dies
4. At what job is Ephraim working when he is arrested?
(a) Tax collector
5. What did away with the community female healers?
(a) Professionalism and male dominance
(b) Fewer patients
(c) Fewer women in the profession
(d) More hospitals
6. Young midwives are __________________ by the doctors in the area.
7. How many of the children of the answer to #148 escaped?
8. What is Martha's main concern at this time?
(a) Getting older
(b) Ephraim's health
(c) Her grandchildren
(d) A terminal illness
9. In what field does Martha's family remain?
10. Who headed up the band of white Indians?
(a) Dr. Page
(b) Mr. Densmore
(c) Jonathan Ballard
(d) Elijah Barton
11. How long does it take the answer to #146 to clear the land and build a house for his family?
(a) 6 months
(b) 2 months
(c) 2 years
(d) 1 year
12. What phrase does Martha use to indicate that her house was fighting with her?
(a) At the end of its tether
(b) Up in arms
(c) Chomping at the bit
(d) No rest for the weary
13. Where was the murderer buried?
(a) On his farm
(b) The Calvinist cemetery
(c) Tossed in a hole at the side of a road
(d) At sea
14. How many of his children did the answer to #148 kill?
15. Who moves into Martha's house with her?
(a) Jonathan and his family
(b) Her sister
(c) Hannah and her family
(d) Ephraim's sister
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mary Hobart?
2. Who committed a murder/suicide on July 9, 1806?
3. What is the result of a disagreement between France and England?
4. Where does Ephraim spend his 80th birthday?
5. Which of the following is not one of the hardships associated with surveying?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)