|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ephraim arrested?
(a) He cheats customers on a regular basis
(b) He writes scandalous editorials
(c) He refuses to pay his taxes
(d) He is $800 short in his accounting
2. What is Martha's physical state?
(b) Terminally ill
(d) Tired and in constant pain
3. What is Martha's biggest problem during Ephraim's incarceration?
(a) Having no one to talk to at night
(b) Getting wood for the winter
(c) Paying the bills
(d) Getting flax for her wool
4. How old is Martha at the beginning of 1796?
(a) Over 70
(b) Over 40
(c) Over 60
(d) Over 50
5. What is the result of the answer to #159?
(a) Birth of a new political party
(b) Labor strikes
(c) A new election
(d) Merchant bankruptcies
6. On whom does Martha rely heavily during this period?
7. How many autopsies did Martha attend in her life?
8. At what job is Ephraim working when he is arrested?
(b) Tax collector
9. What type of seeds did the merchants sell?
10. Where does Ephraim spend his 80th birthday?
(a) Jonathan's house
(b) The tavern
11. What is the result of a disagreement between France and England?
(a) The War of 1812
(b) The Malta War
(c) The Jefferson embargo
(d) The French and Indian War
12. Where was the murderer buried?
(a) At sea
(b) Tossed in a hole at the side of a road
(c) The Calvinist cemetery
(d) On his farm
13. In what field does Martha's family remain?
14. What did Clara Barton found?
(a) The Juliette Low Foundation
(b) The Florence Nightingale Society
(c) The Clara Barton Foundation
(d) The American Red Cross
15. Who is the mother of John Davis Jr.?
(a) Hetty Pierce
(b) Hetty Ballard
(c) Hetty Davis
(d) Hetty Densmore
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Hobart have in common with Martha?
2. Who is ambushing survey crews?
3. Who is Paul Chadwick?
4. Why does Martha become increasingly dependent on Jonathan?
5. Who does Mary give the diary pages to?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)