|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ephraim Ballard?
(a) Martha's father-in-law
(b) Martha's first son
(c) Martha's brother-in-law
(d) Martha's husband
2. What happens to Jonathan Ballard during his employment with Peter Jones at the mill?
(a) He was injured
(b) He bought the business
(c) He was terminated
(d) He was promoted
3. Where do Martha and Ephraim build a house?
(a) In Kennebunk
(b) On Jonathan's farm
(c) In Augusta
(d) In Portland
4. What are the names of the two children who survived?
(a) Martha and John
(b) James and Ellen
(c) James and Anna
(d) James and Martha
5. Who is Reverend Isaac Foster?
(a) The preacher in Kennebunk
(b) The preacher in Augusta
(c) The preacher in Portland
(d) The preacher in Hallowell
Short Answer Questions
1. Who buys the parcel of land next to Jonathan's?
2. What is the epidemic in the summer of 1787?
3. Martha began to keep a diary because ___________________________.
4. Many New England tows were religiously divided between the strict ______________ and the liberals.
5. What is the perception of midwives among women?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)