|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people in the Ballard household get married in 1792?
2. What marked the end of the "lying-in" period for a new mother?
(a) When the baby was considered healthy
(b) When the relatives went home
(c) When one month had passed
(d) When she could make her own bed
3. Which family member's autopsy did Martha attend?
4. Which of the following is not a reason that someone stays with Martha and Ephraim each night?
(a) Cook food for Martha and Ephraim
(b) Help Martha and Ephraim with chores
(c) They have set fire to the house before
(d) It relieves the crowding in Jonathan's house
5. What is the name of the man who came for the two remaining children?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary give the diary pages to?
2. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
3. How long had the Ballards been living at John Jones Mill?
4. Who is Mary Hobart?
5. How does Martha refer to single women in her diary?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)