|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What marked the end of the "lying-in" period for a new mother?
(a) When the baby was considered healthy
(b) When she could make her own bed
(c) When the relatives went home
(d) When one month had passed
2. Martha's midwife practice increases due to the death of which midwife?
(a) Rebecca Foster
(b) Ava Densmore
(c) Ellen Franklin
(d) Ann Mosier
3. Whose illegitimate child does Martha deliver in October of 1791?
(a) Rebecca Densmore
(b) Sally Pierce
(c) Rebecca Foster
(d) Ellen Franklin
4. How were the pages of Martha's diary stored?
(a) On a CD
(b) In a safe deposit box
(c) In a mahogany box
(d) On microfilm
5. Why does Dr. Page become a problem for Martha?
(a) He opens his practice next door
(b) He includes midwifery in his practice
(c) He sues her
(d) He makes slanderous comments about her
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mother of John Davis Jr.?
2. How long does it take the answer to #146 to clear the land and build a house for his family?
3. What does Martha experience for the first time during this period?
4. What is the result of the answer to #159?
5. What did Ephraim consider his imprisonment?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)