|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moves into Martha's house with her?
(a) Hannah and her family
(b) Her sister
(c) Ephraim's sister
(d) Jonathan and his family
2. Who else commits suicide during this period?
(a) Benjamin Petty and Reverend Foster
(b) Mr. Gill and Jonathan
(c) Mr. Gill and Benjamin Petty
(d) Mr. Gill and Dr. Page
3. Who was Clara Barton?
(a) A newspaper editor
(b) A Civil War nurse
(c) A historian
(d) A university professor
4. Martha's diary entries did not follow the same tone as other midwives from ________________.
(c) Rhode Island
5. How old is Martha at the beginning of 1796?
(a) Over 50
(b) Over 40
(c) Over 60
(d) Over 70
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a way in which Martha would discuss a man in her diary?
2. What does young Ephraim do after the family's move?
3. What phrase does Martha use to indicate that her house was fighting with her?
4. Which family member concerns Martha because of a bad temper?
5. In what town to Martha and Ephraim settle?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)