|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Martha's time it was a common practice for _______________ to attend autopsies.
2. How many young women did Martha employ in her home between the years of 1785-1800?
3. Why did the author publish Martha's diary?
(a) So people could understand life for women in this time period
(b) She had a legal contractual agreement to do so
(c) She has a collection of diaries
(d) She had a master's thesis to complete
4. What is Martha's focus during this time period?
(a) Her sewing
(b) Her canning
(c) Her weaving
(d) Her garden
5. Who does Rebecca Foster accuse of raping her?
(a) Thomas Sewall
(b) Henry Sewall
(c) James Franklin
(d) Colonel North
Short Answer Questions
1. In what field does Martha's family remain?
2. Martha's midwife practice increases due to the death of which midwife?
3. What do Ephraim and Jonathan build for Martha?
4. What was a normal occurrence during courtship?
5. For how many years did Martha work as a midwife?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)