|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha's midwife practice increases due to the death of which midwife?
(a) Rebecca Foster
(b) Ann Mosier
(c) Ellen Franklin
(d) Ava Densmore
2. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
(a) She asked them to stay
(b) She had enough money from her two businesses
(c) She would not let them marry
(d) She demanded that they stay
3. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
4. How many children did Martha have?
5. Why does Martha become increasingly dependent on Jonathan?
(a) Ephaim is very ill
(b) Ephraim is arrested
(c) Ephraim leaves her
(d) Ephraim dies
Short Answer Questions
1. What business did men handle during Martha's lifetime?
2. Which of the following is not something Martha had to contend with as a midwife?
3. Which of the following was not one of Martha's professions?
4. In what town was Martha Ballard born?
5. What did away with the community female healers?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)