|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did midwives stop attending autopsies?
(a) When the midwife vomited
(b) When the midwife shrieked
(c) When they became more institutionalized
(d) When the midwife fainted
2. What profession did some of the ousted female healers choose?
3. What does Martha's diary provide to historians?
(a) A look at the life of a pioneer woman
(b) A look at early American language
(c) A look at how medicine was dispersed
(d) A look at medical malpractice
4. What is the bulk of Martha's diary?
(a) To-do list
(d) Daily activities
5. What is Martha's physical state?
(a) Tired and in constant pain
(d) Terminally ill
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stays with Martha and Ephraim each night?
2. What was Ephraim's profession?
3. Martha used her diary to _________________.
4. How many babies did Martha deliver in 1793?
5. What is Martha accused of taking from a neighbor?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)