|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Martha at the beginning of 1796?
(a) Over 70
(b) Over 60
(c) Over 50
(d) Over 40
2. Martha's midwife practice increases due to the death of which midwife?
(a) Ellen Franklin
(b) Ann Mosier
(c) Ava Densmore
(d) Rebecca Foster
3. How many people in the Ballard household get married in 1792?
4. What is the function of a midwife?
(a) Deliver babies
5. Why was Ephraim released during the days?
(a) To visit Martha
(b) To get some sunshine
(c) To get exercise
(d) To work to pay his debt
Short Answer Questions
1. How many autopsies did Martha attend in her life?
2. What was the relationship between doctors and midwives during this period?
3. What is Ephraim's attitude about his surveying work?
4. Who does the woman in #82 claim is the father of her child?
5. How are 18th century weddings described?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)