|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 1806.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Martha Ballard's maiden name?
2. How long did brides remain with their parents after the marriage?
(a) 6 months
(b) 1 month
(c) 2 months
(d) 1 year
3. How long had the Ballards been living at John Jones Mill?
(a) 5 years
(b) 7 years
(c) 10 years
(d) 3 years
4. What terms does Martha very seldom use for women in her diary?
(a) Dame or Mistress
(b) Lady or Mistress
(c) Lady or Madam
(d) Lady or Mam
5. Who was expected to provide all the items for the newlyweds' new home?
(a) The bride and her parents
(b) The bride and groom
(c) The groom's parents
(d) The groom
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Martha use to indicate that her house was fighting with her?
2. What does young Ephraim do after the family's move?
3. To what state do Martha and Ephraim move with their family?
4. With whom does Dolly Ballard apprentice as a dressmaker?
5. When did midwives stop attending autopsies?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)