|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 1806.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha's diary entries did not follow the same tone as other midwives from ________________.
(b) Rhode Island
2. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
(a) Hannah and Dolly
(b) Hannah and Molly
(c) Hannah and Daisy
(d) Molly and Ellen
3. Martha began to keep a diary because ___________________________.
(a) She wanted to pass her story to her children
(b) She wanted to keep a medical log
(c) No one really knows
(d) She had a hard time remembering appointments
4. What did Martha use as purgatives?
(a) Marshmallow root
5. What is the name of the man who came for the two remaining children?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did James stay after the murders?
2. What is the perception of midwives among those in authority?
3. Who does Jonathan Ballard marry in February of 1792?
4. What was the wife expected to make for the couple's new home?
5. An unwed mother was required to _______________________.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)