|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 1806.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what river does Martha spend much of her time?
(a) Kennebec River
(b) Colorado River
(c) Mississippi River
(d) Ohio River
2. When could a man be charged with fornication?
(a) When his partner was a young girl
(b) When he refused to take responsibility for a child
(c) When an affair lasted more than six months
(d) When he was married
3. What marked the end of the "lying-in" period for a new mother?
(a) When the baby was considered healthy
(b) When she could make her own bed
(c) When the relatives went home
(d) When one month had passed
4. Delivering babies was left primarily to whom?
5. What is the function of a midwife?
(b) Deliver babies
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession did some of the ousted female healers choose?
2. What was Martha always sure to include when she mentioned a man in her diary?
3. Who does Ephraim encounter who do not give up their land?
4. Who is Reverend Isaac Foster?
5. How many of his children did the answer to #148 kill?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)