|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 1806.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major problem does Martha have with living in the new house?
2. How long did brides remain with their parents after the marriage?
(a) 2 months
(b) 1 month
(c) 6 months
(d) 1 year
3. How many young women did Martha employ in her home between the years of 1785-1800?
4. Martha's training was _________________________.
(a) traditional and experimental
(b) manual and experimental
(c) literary and experimental
(d) traditional and manual
5. With whom does Dolly Ballard apprentice as a dressmaker?
(a) Mrs. Franklin
(b) Mrs. Dunham
(c) Mrs. Foster
(d) Mrs. Densmore
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does John Davis Jr. die?
2. Who is Ephraim Ballard?
3. Which of the following is not a way in which Martha would discuss a man in her diary?
4. What does Martha charge for each birth?
5. What is Martha's main concern at this time?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)