|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 1806.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Martha noted in her diary about each birth?
(a) Time of birth
(b) Gender of the baby
(c) Comments about the woman's body
2. What business did men handle during Martha's lifetime?
(a) Religious work
(b) Legal work
(c) Education work
(d) Public business
3. In what town was Martha Ballard born?
(a) Oxford, England
(b) Oxford, Mississippi
(c) Oxford, Massachusetts
(d) Oxford, Ohio
4. In what year was Martha Ballard born?
5. What term did Martha use for a woman in labor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Isaac Foster's wife's name?
2. Everyone knew that birth was a ______________ process.
3. How old is Martha in the spring of 1804?
4. What is the epidemic in the summer of 1787?
5. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)