|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 1806.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role did the men play in the delivery of a child?
(a) Cut the umbilical cord
(b) Cut the bandages
(c) Boiled the water
(d) Transported the midwife and nurses
2. How many children does Martha deliver in her lifetime?
3. What profession did some of the ousted female healers choose?
4. What is Martha's main concern at this time?
(a) Ephraim's health
(b) Her grandchildren
(c) Getting older
(d) A terminal illness
5. What business did men handle during Martha's lifetime?
(a) Legal work
(b) Education work
(c) Religious work
(d) Public business
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Isaac Foster's wife's name?
2. What is the name of the man who came for the two remaining children?
3. Which family member's autopsy did Martha attend?
4. Physicians often doubled as what profession?
5. What was Martha Ballard's maiden name?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)