|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 1806.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what river does Martha spend much of her time?
(a) Ohio River
(b) Mississippi River
(c) Kennebec River
(d) Colorado River
2. The confrontation between Ephraim and the answer to #115 eventually led to _______________________.
(a) War of 1812
(b) French and Indian War
(c) The end of Ephraim's career
(d) Malta War of 1809
3. Martha's diary was once included in a book about the history of which city?
(a) Augusta, Maine
(b) Portland, Maine
(c) Albany, New York
(d) Augusta, Georgia
4. Which physician is threatened by Martha's practice?
(a) Dr. Foster
(b) Dr. Page
(c) Dr. Densmore
(d) Dr. Cony
5. Martha began to keep a diary because ___________________________.
(a) She had a hard time remembering appointments
(b) She wanted to keep a medical log
(c) She wanted to pass her story to her children
(d) No one really knows
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the answer to #146 to clear the land and build a house for his family?
2. In what year was Martha Ballard born?
3. Where did young unwed mothers stay?
4. When could a man be charged with fornication?
5. How were the churches in each town supported?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)