|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 1806.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha began to keep a diary because ___________________________.
(a) No one really knows
(b) She wanted to pass her story to her children
(c) She had a hard time remembering appointments
(d) She wanted to keep a medical log
2. How were the churches in each town supported?
(a) Federal taxes
(b) State taxes
(c) Town taxes
(d) Congregation funds
3. How many preachers was each town allowed?
4. In what town was Martha Ballard born?
(a) Oxford, Ohio
(b) Oxford, Massachusetts
(c) Oxford, Mississippi
(d) Oxford, England
5. What was the death rate in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
(a) 10 per 1500
(b) 15 per 1000
(c) 150 per 1000
(d) 50 per 1000
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the epidemic in the summer of 1787?
2. To what state do Martha and Ephraim move with their family?
3. Who does Jonathan Ballard marry in February of 1792?
4. What was the birth to death ratio in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
5. What is the state of Martha's accounts at this point?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)