|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 1793.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha's training was _________________________.
(a) traditional and manual
(b) literary and experimental
(c) manual and experimental
(d) traditional and experimental
2. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
(a) She asked them to stay
(b) She demanded that they stay
(c) She had enough money from her two businesses
(d) She would not let them marry
3. Who does the woman in #82 claim is the father of her child?
(a) Jonathan Ballard
(b) Henry Sewall
(c) Captain North
(d) Reverend Foster
4. What was Martha always sure to include when she mentioned a man in her diary?
(a) His title
(b) His middle name
(c) His address
(d) His wife's name
5. What was the birth to death ratio in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose illegitimate child does Martha deliver in October of 1791?
2. Who moves into the Ballard house after their two daughters and niece leave to live with their new husbands?
3. Who is Reverend Isaac Foster?
4. Where do Martha and Ephraim move their family?
5. What is the state of Martha's accounts at this point?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)