|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 1793.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years did Martha work as a midwife?
2. How many preachers was each town allowed?
3. What term did Martha use for a woman in labor?
4. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
(a) Hannah and Daisy
(b) Hannah and Molly
(c) Molly and Ellen
(d) Hannah and Dolly
5. Many historians consider Martha's diary to be _____________.
(a) slightly interesting
Short Answer Questions
1. What business did women handle during Martha's lifetime?
2. Which of the following is not something Martha had to contend with as a midwife?
3. In what town was Martha Ballard born?
4. How long had the Ballards been living at John Jones Mill?
5. Everyone knew that birth was a ______________ process.
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)