|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 1793.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town was Martha Ballard born?
(a) Oxford, England
(b) Oxford, Mississippi
(c) Oxford, Massachusetts
(d) Oxford, Ohio
2. With whom does Dolly Ballard apprentice as a dressmaker?
(a) Mrs. Densmore
(b) Mrs. Foster
(c) Mrs. Franklin
(d) Mrs. Dunham
3. Who does Rebecca Foster accuse of raping her?
(a) Henry Sewall
(b) Colonel North
(c) James Franklin
(d) Thomas Sewall
4. What played an important role in selecting a marriage partner?
5. Were marriages arranged in the 18th century?
Short Answer Questions
1. Martha's training was _________________________.
2. Why does Martha think Dr. Page will not be successful?
3. What does Martha charge for each birth?
4. How are 18th century weddings described?
5. To what state do Martha and Ephraim move with their family?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)