|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 1793.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha's success rate was comparable to the statistics of the _______________.
2. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
(a) She had enough money from her two businesses
(b) She would not let them marry
(c) She demanded that they stay
(d) She asked them to stay
3. What do Ephraim and Jonathan build for Martha?
(a) New cupboard
(c) Sewing room
(d) Trundle bed
4. For how many years did Martha work as a midwife?
5. Who does Jonathan Ballard marry in February of 1792?
(a) Ellen Howe
(b) Rebecca Densmore
(c) Rebecca Foster
(d) Sally Pierce
Short Answer Questions
1. When could a man be charged with fornication?
2. Because of Dr. Page's training, Martha thinks he is _______________.
3. Which of the following is not something Martha noted in her diary about each birth?
4. What is the epidemic in the summer of 1787?
5. What is Martha accused of taking from a neighbor?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)