|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 1793.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Page become a problem for Martha?
(a) He opens his practice next door
(b) He makes slanderous comments about her
(c) He sues her
(d) He includes midwifery in his practice
2. Martha's diary was once included in a book about the history of which city?
(a) Augusta, Maine
(b) Portland, Maine
(c) Albany, New York
(d) Augusta, Georgia
3. What does young Ephraim do after the family's move?
(a) He works for neighbors
(b) He falls in love
(c) He buys a horse
(d) He plants a garden
4. What happened to the man accused of raping Rebecca?
(a) He was acquitted
(b) He was hanged
(c) He was imprisoned
(d) He was exiled
5. What is the bulk of Martha's diary?
(a) To-do list
(d) Daily activities
Short Answer Questions
1. Martha's medicines contained no more than _________ ingredients.
2. What do Ephraim and Jonathan build for Martha?
3. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
4. What does Martha charge for each birth?
5. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)