|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 1793.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha's diary was once included in a book about the history of which city?
(a) Augusta, Georgia
(b) Albany, New York
(c) Portland, Maine
(d) Augusta, Maine
2. Who was expected to provide all the items for the newlyweds' new home?
(a) The bride and groom
(b) The groom's parents
(c) The bride and her parents
(d) The groom
3. How could birth be a dangerous process?
(a) If the woman was alone
(b) If the baby was premature
(c) If it was a breech birth
(d) If it was a multiple birth
4. What was the birth to death ratio in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
5. How many babies did Martha deliver in 1793?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
2. Who does the woman in #82 claim is the father of her child?
3. Martha's success rate was ____________________.
4. How many people in the Ballard household get married in 1792?
5. Which of the following was not one of Martha's professions?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)