|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 1793.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which prominent man in Hallowell did not like Isaac Foster?
(a) Henry Sewall
(b) Thomas Sewall
(c) James Franklin
(d) John Smith
2. Whose illegitimate child does Martha deliver in October of 1791?
(a) Rebecca Foster
(b) Sally Pierce
(c) Ellen Franklin
(d) Rebecca Densmore
3. For how many years did Martha work as a midwife?
4. What was Martha always sure to include when she mentioned a man in her diary?
(a) His title
(b) His address
(c) His middle name
(d) His wife's name
5. What is the state of Martha's accounts at this point?
(a) Could be better
Short Answer Questions
1. When could a man be charged with fornication?
2. What is Martha's sister's name?
3. Who does the woman in #82 claim is the father of her child?
4. How long did brides remain with their parents after the marriage?
5. What was the birth to death ratio in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)