|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 1793.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moves into the Ballard house after their two daughters and niece leave to live with their new husbands?
(a) Betsy and Rebecca
(b) Betsy and Sally
(c) Betsy and Ellen
(d) Sally and Ellen
2. A physician's training was ___________________________.
(a) experimental and manual
(b) traditional and manual
(c) experimental and literary
(d) traditional and experimental
3. What term did Martha use for a woman in labor?
4. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
(a) sitting in the sun
(b) purging the body
(c) taking a nap
(d) drinking water
5. Which of the following is not a way in which Martha would discuss a man in her diary?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Dolly Ballard apprentice as a dressmaker?
2. Who does Rebecca Foster accuse of raping her?
3. What is the perception of midwives among those in authority?
4. What is the function of a midwife?
5. Who does the woman in #82 claim is the father of her child?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)