|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 1792.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
2. What do Ephraim and Jonathan build for Martha?
(b) New cupboard
(c) Sewing room
(d) Trundle bed
3. What is the state of Martha's accounts at this point?
(d) Could be better
4. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
(a) purging the body
(b) sitting in the sun
(c) drinking water
(d) taking a nap
5. What was Ephraim's profession?
(a) Surveyor and miller
(b) Surveyor and judge
(c) Lawyer and miller
(d) Lawyer and judge
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rebecca Foster accuse of raping her?
2. Many New England tows were religiously divided between the strict ______________ and the liberals.
3. What was the wife expected to make for the couple's new home?
4. What was the relationship between doctors and midwives during this period?
5. What was Martha Ballard's maiden name?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)