|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 1792.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does young Ephraim do after the family's move?
(a) He buys a horse
(b) He plants a garden
(c) He works for neighbors
(d) He falls in love
2. What business did women handle during Martha's lifetime?
(a) Volunteer work
(b) Unseen community business
(c) Education work
(d) Editorial work
3. Where did Martha deep much of her accounting?
(a) Her bedside table
(b) Her diary
(c) Her kitchen cupboard
(d) Her desk drawer
4. What major problem does Martha have with living in the new house?
5. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rebecca Foster accuse of raping her?
2. How does Martha refer to single women in her diary?
3. What do Ephraim and Jonathan build for Martha?
4. What was the wife expected to make for the couple's new home?
5. What terms does Martha very seldom use for women in her diary?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)