|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 1792.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
(a) drinking water
(b) sitting in the sun
(c) purging the body
(d) taking a nap
2. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
(a) She would not let them marry
(b) She asked them to stay
(c) She demanded that they stay
(d) She had enough money from her two businesses
3. Where do Martha and Ephraim move their family?
(a) Henry Sewall's house
(b) Old Lieutenant Howard's house
(c) The Mill Pond house
(d) Captain North's house
4. For how many years did Martha work as a midwife?
5. What do Ephraim and Jonathan build for Martha?
(a) Sewing room
(b) Trundle bed
(c) New cupboard
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the function of a midwife?
2. Which of the following is not a product for which Martha used herbs?
3. Premarital sex in 18th century New England is considered to be ______________.
4. Whose illegitimate child does Martha deliver in October of 1791?
5. Martha began to keep a diary because ___________________________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)