|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 1792.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term used when the groom retrieves his bride from her parents' home?
2. What happened to the man accused of raping Rebecca?
(a) He was imprisoned
(b) He was hanged
(c) He was exiled
(d) He was acquitted
3. What does Martha charge for each birth?
(a) 12 shillings
(b) 3 shillings
(c) 6 shillings
(d) 10 shillings
4. Martha used her diary to _________________.
(a) unload her problems
(b) track her businesses
(c) complain about her husband
(d) vent about emotional problems
5. What do Ephraim and Jonathan build for Martha?
(a) Trundle bed
(b) Sewing room
(d) New cupboard
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moves into the Ballard house after their two daughters and niece leave to live with their new husbands?
2. How many people in the Ballard household get married in 1792?
3. What is the bulk of Martha's diary?
4. How many preachers was each town allowed?
5. How were the churches in each town supported?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)