|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 1792.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
(a) drinking water
(b) taking a nap
(c) purging the body
(d) sitting in the sun
2. Where did Martha deep much of her accounting?
(a) Her kitchen cupboard
(b) Her bedside table
(c) Her desk drawer
(d) Her diary
3. What did Martha use as purgatives?
(b) Marshmallow root
4. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
5. What business did women handle during Martha's lifetime?
(a) Unseen community business
(b) Education work
(c) Volunteer work
(d) Editorial work
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Martha Ballard's maiden name?
2. What was the death rate in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
3. What does Martha experience for the first time during this period?
4. What is the perception of midwives among women?
5. Martha used her diary to _________________.
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)