|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 1792.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An unwed mother was required to _______________________.
(a) give her baby up
(b) raise the child alone
(c) admit to the crime of fornication
(d) marry the child's father
2. What happens to Jonathan Ballard during his employment with Peter Jones at the mill?
(a) He bought the business
(b) He was injured
(c) He was promoted
(d) He was terminated
3. Physicians often doubled as what profession?
(a) Justice of the Peace
(b) Newspaper Editor
4. What is the function of a midwife?
(b) Deliver babies
5. How did Ephraim and Jonathan assist in Martha's weaving business?
(a) Sheared sheep and broke flax
Short Answer Questions
1. Martha began to keep a diary because ___________________________.
2. What is Martha accused of taking from a neighbor?
3. How many babies is Martha delivering each year at this time?
4. Where do Martha and Ephraim move their family?
5. In what town to Martha and Ephraim settle?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)