|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 1792.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does young Ephraim do after the family's move?
(a) He works for neighbors
(b) He falls in love
(c) He plants a garden
(d) He buys a horse
2. How did Ephraim and Jonathan assist in Martha's weaving business?
(b) Sheared sheep and broke flax
3. How are 18th century weddings described?
(a) Extremely reserved
(c) Over the top
(d) Big events
4. Who was expected to provide all the items for the newlyweds' new home?
(a) The bride and groom
(b) The groom
(c) The groom's parents
(d) The bride and her parents
5. How many people in the Ballard household get married in 1792?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what state do Martha and Ephraim move with their family?
2. What was the relationship between doctors and midwives during this period?
3. On what river does Martha spend much of her time?
4. How does Martha refer to single women in her diary?
5. What was Martha Ballard's maiden name?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)