|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 1792.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha's diary provide to historians?
(a) A look at the life of a pioneer woman
(b) A look at medical malpractice
(c) A look at how medicine was dispersed
(d) A look at early American language
2. How many people in the Ballard household get married in 1792?
3. Martha's diary was once included in a book about the history of which city?
(a) Augusta, Maine
(b) Portland, Maine
(c) Augusta, Georgia
(d) Albany, New York
4. What was the death rate in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
(a) 50 per 1000
(b) 15 per 1000
(c) 10 per 1500
(d) 150 per 1000
5. How did Ephraim and Jonathan assist in Martha's weaving business?
(d) Sheared sheep and broke flax
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Martha's accounts at this point?
2. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
3. Where do Martha and Ephraim move their family?
4. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
5. How many children did Martha have?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)