|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 1792.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha began to keep a diary because ___________________________.
(a) No one really knows
(b) She had a hard time remembering appointments
(c) She wanted to pass her story to her children
(d) She wanted to keep a medical log
2. What was the wife expected to make for the couple's new home?
(a) New clothes
(b) A quilt
3. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
(a) drinking water
(b) purging the body
(c) sitting in the sun
(d) taking a nap
4. What does Martha experience for the first time during this period?
(a) The first time she delivers a child
(b) The death of a mother and child
(c) The Baptism of her last child
(d) The birth of her first child
5. What was Ephraim's profession?
(a) Lawyer and miller
(b) Lawyer and judge
(c) Surveyor and miller
(d) Surveyor and judge
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people died during the epidemic in 1787?
2. In what year was Martha Ballard born?
3. Many historians consider Martha's diary to be _____________.
4. What did Martha use as purgatives?
5. Which of the following is not a way in which Martha would discuss a man in her diary?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)