|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 1792.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha's diary provide to historians?
(a) A look at medical malpractice
(b) A look at the life of a pioneer woman
(c) A look at early American language
(d) A look at how medicine was dispersed
2. What is the function of a midwife?
(a) Deliver babies
3. How long did brides remain with their parents after the marriage?
(a) 1 month
(b) 2 months
(c) 6 months
(d) 1 year
4. What was Ephraim's profession?
(a) Lawyer and judge
(b) Surveyor and judge
(c) Surveyor and miller
(d) Lawyer and miller
5. What is the epidemic in the summer of 1787?
(d) Scarlet fever
Short Answer Questions
1. Many men during Martha's lifetime thought that education for a woman was ________________.
2. Many historians consider Martha's diary to be _____________.
3. Which of the following is not a product for which Martha used herbs?
4. Where do Martha and Ephraim move their family?
5. Martha began to keep a diary because ___________________________.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)