|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 1792.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many young women did Martha employ in her home between the years of 1785-1800?
2. Who is Ephraim Ballard?
(a) Martha's husband
(b) Martha's first son
(c) Martha's brother-in-law
(d) Martha's father-in-law
3. How many people died during the epidemic in 1787?
4. What does Martha experience for the first time during this period?
(a) The birth of her first child
(b) The first time she delivers a child
(c) The Baptism of her last child
(d) The death of a mother and child
5. In what town to Martha and Ephraim settle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was expected to provide all the items for the newlyweds' new home?
2. For how many years did Martha work as a midwife?
3. What happens to Ephraim's mill in 1787?
4. How many people in the Ballard household get married in 1792?
5. How many babies is Martha delivering each year at this time?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)