|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 1792.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Physicians often doubled as what profession?
(a) Newspaper Editor
(c) Justice of the Peace
2. What does Martha experience for the first time during this period?
(a) The Baptism of her last child
(b) The first time she delivers a child
(c) The death of a mother and child
(d) The birth of her first child
3. Who does the woman in #82 claim is the father of her child?
(a) Reverend Foster
(b) Captain North
(c) Henry Sewall
(d) Jonathan Ballard
4. What does young Ephraim do after the family's move?
(a) He falls in love
(b) He buys a horse
(c) He works for neighbors
(d) He plants a garden
5. What business did women handle during Martha's lifetime?
(a) Education work
(b) Volunteer work
(c) Unseen community business
(d) Editorial work
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not one of Martha's professions?
2. What is Martha accused of taking from a neighbor?
3. How many preachers was each town allowed?
4. Martha used her diary to _________________.
5. Many historians consider Martha's diary to be _____________.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)