|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through November 1792.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many babies is Martha delivering each year at this time?
2. Who moves into the Ballard house after their two daughters and niece leave to live with their new husbands?
(a) Betsy and Ellen
(b) Betsy and Rebecca
(c) Sally and Ellen
(d) Betsy and Sally
3. How does Martha refer to single women in her diary?
(a) Miss or their fiance's name
(b) Miss or their father's name
(c) Ms. or their first name
(d) Miss or their first name
4. How were the churches in each town supported?
(a) Federal taxes
(b) Town taxes
(c) State taxes
(d) Congregation funds
5. Society during Martha's time was described as a ___________________.
(b) blue-checked cloth
(c) ripple in a pool
(d) spider's web
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
2. Which of the following was not one of Martha's professions?
3. What is the perception of midwives among women?
4. In what town to Martha and Ephraim settle?
5. What happens to Ephraim's mill in 1787?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)