|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 1788.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha experience for the first time during this period?
(a) The first time she delivers a child
(b) The death of a mother and child
(c) The birth of her first child
(d) The Baptism of her last child
2. On what river does Martha spend much of her time?
(a) Colorado River
(b) Mississippi River
(c) Ohio River
(d) Kennebec River
3. In what town to Martha and Ephraim settle?
4. What does Martha's diary provide to historians?
(a) A look at how medicine was dispersed
(b) A look at medical malpractice
(c) A look at early American language
(d) A look at the life of a pioneer woman
5. Where did Martha deep much of her accounting?
(a) Her bedside table
(b) Her diary
(c) Her desk drawer
(d) Her kitchen cupboard
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Martha refer to single women in her diary?
2. Which of the following is not a product for which Martha used herbs?
3. What is the perception of midwives among women?
4. What is the epidemic in the summer of 1787?
5. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)