|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 1788.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
2. Who is Ephraim Ballard?
(a) Martha's father-in-law
(b) Martha's brother-in-law
(c) Martha's first son
(d) Martha's husband
3. Many men during Martha's lifetime thought that education for a woman was ________________.
4. On what river does Martha spend much of her time?
(a) Mississippi River
(b) Kennebec River
(c) Colorado River
(d) Ohio River
5. What is the perception of midwives among women?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Martha refer to single women in her diary?
2. How many children did Martha have?
3. How many people died during the epidemic in 1787?
4. How many young women did Martha employ in her home between the years of 1785-1800?
5. What is the bulk of Martha's diary?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)