|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 1788.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town was Martha Ballard born?
(a) Oxford, Massachusetts
(b) Oxford, England
(c) Oxford, Mississippi
(d) Oxford, Ohio
2. What do Ephraim and Jonathan build for Martha?
(a) Sewing room
(b) New cupboard
(c) Trundle bed
3. How many children did Martha have?
4. What was Ephraim's profession?
(a) Surveyor and judge
(b) Lawyer and miller
(c) Lawyer and judge
(d) Surveyor and miller
5. To what state do Martha and Ephraim move with their family?
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the perception of midwives among those in authority?
2. Which of the following was not one of Martha's professions?
3. For how many years did Martha work as a midwife?
4. What is the bulk of Martha's diary?
5. What does Martha's diary provide to historians?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)