|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 1788.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ephraim and Jonathan build for Martha?
(a) New cupboard
(b) Trundle bed
(d) Sewing room
2. Martha's diary was once included in a book about the history of which city?
(a) Albany, New York
(b) Augusta, Georgia
(c) Augusta, Maine
(d) Portland, Maine
3. How does Martha refer to single women in her diary?
(a) Miss or their father's name
(b) Miss or their fiance's name
(c) Ms. or their first name
(d) Miss or their first name
4. What does Martha experience for the first time during this period?
(a) The first time she delivers a child
(b) The Baptism of her last child
(c) The death of a mother and child
(d) The birth of her first child
5. What business did men handle during Martha's lifetime?
(a) Religious work
(b) Public business
(c) Education work
(d) Legal work
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Martha deep much of her accounting?
2. Which of the following was not one of Ephraim's professions?
3. What does Martha charge for each birth?
4. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
5. What is the perception of midwives among those in authority?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)