|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 1788.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha's medicines contained no more than _________ ingredients.
2. What did Martha use as purgatives?
(c) Marshmallow root
3. Where did Martha deep much of her accounting?
(a) Her desk drawer
(b) Her bedside table
(c) Her diary
(d) Her kitchen cupboard
4. What is the perception of midwives among those in authority?
5. What was the death rate in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
(a) 10 per 1500
(b) 15 per 1000
(c) 50 per 1000
(d) 150 per 1000
Short Answer Questions
1. What business did men handle during Martha's lifetime?
2. What is Martha's sister's name?
3. Delivering babies was left primarily to whom?
4. What business did women handle during Martha's lifetime?
5. Many historians consider Martha's diary to be _____________.
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)