|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 1788.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business did women handle during Martha's lifetime?
(a) Volunteer work
(b) Editorial work
(c) Unseen community business
(d) Education work
2. To what state do Martha and Ephraim move with their family?
(c) New York
3. What did Martha use as purgatives?
(c) Marshmallow root
4. Many historians consider Martha's diary to be _____________.
(c) slightly interesting
5. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
(a) Hannah and Molly
(b) Hannah and Dolly
(c) Hannah and Daisy
(d) Molly and Ellen
Short Answer Questions
1. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
2. What was Martha Ballard's maiden name?
3. On what river does Martha spend much of her time?
4. What role did the men play in the delivery of a child?
5. Who is Ephraim Ballard?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)