|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 1788.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Martha's diary provide to historians?
(a) A look at early American language
(b) A look at medical malpractice
(c) A look at the life of a pioneer woman
(d) A look at how medicine was dispersed
2. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
(a) She had enough money from her two businesses
(b) She demanded that they stay
(c) She would not let them marry
(d) She asked them to stay
3. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
(a) Hannah and Molly
(b) Hannah and Dolly
(c) Molly and Ellen
(d) Hannah and Daisy
4. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
5. Martha's medicines contained no more than _________ ingredients.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Martha refer to single women in her diary?
2. What is the epidemic in the summer of 1787?
3. Which of the following is not a product for which Martha used herbs?
4. What business did women handle during Martha's lifetime?
5. Which of the following was not one of Martha's professions?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)