|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 1788.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ephraim's profession?
(a) Surveyor and miller
(b) Lawyer and judge
(c) Lawyer and miller
(d) Surveyor and judge
2. What is the epidemic in the summer of 1787?
(a) Scarlet fever
3. How did Ephraim and Jonathan assist in Martha's weaving business?
(c) Sheared sheep and broke flax
4. Which of the following was not one of Martha's professions?
5. What did Martha use as purgatives?
(c) Marshmallow root
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town was Martha Ballard born?
2. How many young women did Martha employ in her home between the years of 1785-1800?
3. For how many years did Martha work as a midwife?
4. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
5. Delivering babies was left primarily to whom?
This section contains 135 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)