|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 1788.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Martha start her diary?
2. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
(a) drinking water
(b) taking a nap
(c) purging the body
(d) sitting in the sun
3. For how many years did Martha work as a midwife?
4. To what state do Martha and Ephraim move with their family?
(c) New York
5. Martha began to keep a diary because ___________________________.
(a) She wanted to keep a medical log
(b) No one really knows
(c) She wanted to pass her story to her children
(d) She had a hard time remembering appointments
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the death rate in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
2. What was the relationship between doctors and midwives during this period?
3. What terms does Martha very seldom use for women in her diary?
4. Physicians often doubled as what profession?
5. In what town was Martha Ballard born?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)