|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 1788.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Delivering babies was left primarily to whom?
2. How many children did Martha have?
3. Which of the following is not a product for which Martha used herbs?
4. Martha's diary was once included in a book about the history of which city?
(a) Portland, Maine
(b) Augusta, Georgia
(c) Augusta, Maine
(d) Albany, New York
5. What was Ephraim's profession?
(a) Lawyer and miller
(b) Lawyer and judge
(c) Surveyor and judge
(d) Surveyor and miller
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Martha always sure to include when she mentioned a man in her diary?
2. How did Ephraim and Jonathan assist in Martha's weaving business?
3. What terms does Martha very seldom use for women in her diary?
4. Many historians consider Martha's diary to be _____________.
5. Who is Ephraim Ballard?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)