|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 1788.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the function of a midwife?
(b) Deliver babies
2. What role did the men play in the delivery of a child?
(a) Cut the umbilical cord
(b) Cut the bandages
(c) Transported the midwife and nurses
(d) Boiled the water
3. What was the relationship between doctors and midwives during this period?
4. What is the perception of midwives among women?
5. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
(a) taking a nap
(b) purging the body
(c) sitting in the sun
(d) drinking water
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
2. Martha used her diary to _________________.
3. Which of the following is not a way in which Martha would discuss a man in her diary?
4. In what town to Martha and Ephraim settle?
5. Where did Martha deep much of her accounting?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)