|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 1788.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
2. What terms does Martha very seldom use for women in her diary?
(a) Lady or Madam
(b) Dame or Mistress
(c) Lady or Mistress
(d) Lady or Mam
3. What did Martha use as purgatives?
(c) Marshmallow root
4. Physicians often doubled as what profession?
(c) Justice of the Peace
(d) Newspaper Editor
5. Which of the following is not a way in which Martha would discuss a man in her diary?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a product for which Martha used herbs?
2. What does Martha charge for each birth?
3. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
4. In what year does Martha start her diary?
5. What do Ephraim and Jonathan build for Martha?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)