|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 1787.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ephraim's profession?
(a) Surveyor and miller
(b) Surveyor and judge
(c) Lawyer and judge
(d) Lawyer and miller
2. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
(a) taking a nap
(b) purging the body
(c) drinking water
(d) sitting in the sun
3. For how many years did Martha work as a midwife?
4. Martha began to keep a diary because ___________________________.
(a) She wanted to pass her story to her children
(b) No one really knows
(c) She wanted to keep a medical log
(d) She had a hard time remembering appointments
5. What does Martha charge for each birth?
(a) 10 shillings
(b) 3 shillings
(c) 12 shillings
(d) 6 shillings
Short Answer Questions
1. To what state do Martha and Ephraim move with their family?
2. What did Martha use as purgatives?
3. In what year was Martha Ballard born?
4. Many historians consider Martha's diary to be _____________.
5. What is the epidemic in the summer of 1787?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)