|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 1787.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the function of a midwife?
(b) Deliver babies
2. What is the perception of midwives among women?
3. To what state do Martha and Ephraim move with their family?
(c) New York
4. What was Martha Ballard's maiden name?
5. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
(a) purging the body
(b) taking a nap
(c) sitting in the sun
(d) drinking water
Short Answer Questions
1. Delivering babies was left primarily to whom?
2. In what town to Martha and Ephraim settle?
3. What is the epidemic in the summer of 1787?
4. What does Martha's diary provide to historians?
5. Martha's medicines contained no more than _________ ingredients.
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)