|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 1787.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha's diary was once included in a book about the history of which city?
(a) Portland, Maine
(b) Augusta, Georgia
(c) Augusta, Maine
(d) Albany, New York
2. For how many years did Martha work as a midwife?
3. What was Martha Ballard's maiden name?
4. What does Martha's diary provide to historians?
(a) A look at medical malpractice
(b) A look at the life of a pioneer woman
(c) A look at how medicine was dispersed
(d) A look at early American language
5. What does Martha experience for the first time during this period?
(a) The Baptism of her last child
(b) The birth of her first child
(c) The death of a mother and child
(d) The first time she delivers a child
Short Answer Questions
1. To what state do Martha and Ephraim move with their family?
2. What is the function of a midwife?
3. What does Martha charge for each birth?
4. What did Martha use as purgatives?
5. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)