|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 1787.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Ephraim's mill in 1787?
(a) He tears it down
(b) He builds a front porch
(c) He adds on to the structure
(d) It burns down
2. Who is Ephraim Ballard?
(a) Martha's husband
(b) Martha's first son
(c) Martha's brother-in-law
(d) Martha's father-in-law
3. In what town was Martha Ballard born?
(a) Oxford, Ohio
(b) Oxford, England
(c) Oxford, Mississippi
(d) Oxford, Massachusetts
4. How many people died during the epidemic in 1787?
5. What is the perception of midwives among women?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what river does Martha spend much of her time?
2. Physicians often doubled as what profession?
3. In what year was Martha Ballard born?
4. What was Martha Ballard's maiden name?
5. What is the perception of midwives among those in authority?
This section contains 135 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)