|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 1787.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the birth to death ratio in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
2. In what year does Martha start her diary?
3. Who is Ephraim Ballard?
(a) Martha's first son
(b) Martha's father-in-law
(c) Martha's husband
(d) Martha's brother-in-law
4. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
(a) sitting in the sun
(b) purging the body
(c) drinking water
(d) taking a nap
5. Which of the following is not a product for which Martha used herbs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the perception of midwives among women?
2. Which of the following was not one of Martha's professions?
3. What was Martha Ballard's maiden name?
4. Martha's medicines contained no more than _________ ingredients.
5. In what year was Martha Ballard born?
This section contains 129 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)