|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 1787.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town was Martha Ballard born?
(a) Oxford, Ohio
(b) Oxford, Mississippi
(c) Oxford, England
(d) Oxford, Massachusetts
2. Physicians often doubled as what profession?
(a) Newspaper Editor
(d) Justice of the Peace
3. Who is Ephraim Ballard?
(a) Martha's husband
(b) Martha's father-in-law
(c) Martha's brother-in-law
(d) Martha's first son
4. On what river does Martha spend much of her time?
(a) Kennebec River
(b) Mississippi River
(c) Ohio River
(d) Colorado River
5. What was the death rate in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
(a) 10 per 1500
(b) 15 per 1000
(c) 150 per 1000
(d) 50 per 1000
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not one of Martha's professions?
2. In what year does Martha start her diary?
3. For how many years did Martha work as a midwife?
4. To what state do Martha and Ephraim move with their family?
5. In what town to Martha and Ephraim settle?
This section contains 137 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)