|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 1787.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Delivering babies was left primarily to whom?
2. What is the epidemic in the summer of 1787?
(c) Scarlet fever
3. What was the birth to death ratio in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
4. On what river does Martha spend much of her time?
(a) Ohio River
(b) Kennebec River
(c) Colorado River
(d) Mississippi River
5. Physicians often doubled as what profession?
(a) Newspaper Editor
(b) Justice of the Peace
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ephraim's profession?
2. In what town was Martha Ballard born?
3. What did Martha use as purgatives?
4. What does Martha experience for the first time during this period?
5. What does Martha charge for each birth?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)