|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 1787.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Delivering babies was left primarily to whom?
2. What did Martha use as purgatives?
(a) Marshmallow root
3. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
4. Martha's diary was once included in a book about the history of which city?
(a) Augusta, Georgia
(b) Portland, Maine
(c) Albany, New York
(d) Augusta, Maine
5. Martha began to keep a diary because ___________________________.
(a) She wanted to pass her story to her children
(b) No one really knows
(c) She wanted to keep a medical log
(d) She had a hard time remembering appointments
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the birth to death ratio in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
2. To what state do Martha and Ephraim move with their family?
3. Many men during Martha's lifetime thought that education for a woman was ________________.
4. What is the function of a midwife?
5. What was Ephraim's profession?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)