|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 1787.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many men during Martha's lifetime thought that education for a woman was ________________.
2. On what river does Martha spend much of her time?
(a) Ohio River
(b) Kennebec River
(c) Mississippi River
(d) Colorado River
3. How many children does Martha deliver in her lifetime?
4. How many people died during the epidemic in 1787?
5. What does Martha's diary provide to historians?
(a) A look at how medicine was dispersed
(b) A look at medical malpractice
(c) A look at the life of a pioneer woman
(d) A look at early American language
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Martha start her diary?
2. What was the relationship between doctors and midwives during this period?
3. For how many years did Martha work as a midwife?
4. To what state do Martha and Ephraim move with their family?
5. Which of the following was not one of Martha's professions?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)