|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 1787.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ephraim Ballard?
(a) Martha's father-in-law
(b) Martha's brother-in-law
(c) Martha's first son
(d) Martha's husband
2. What was the death rate in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
(a) 15 per 1000
(b) 50 per 1000
(c) 150 per 1000
(d) 10 per 1500
3. Martha's medicines contained no more than _________ ingredients.
4. What is the perception of midwives among those in authority?
5. What does Martha's diary provide to historians?
(a) A look at early American language
(b) A look at how medicine was dispersed
(c) A look at the life of a pioneer woman
(d) A look at medical malpractice
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ephraim's mill in 1787?
2. Many historians consider Martha's diary to be _____________.
3. What was Martha Ballard's maiden name?
4. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
5. In what year does Martha start her diary?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)