|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 1787.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
2. What was the death rate in Martha's town between the years of 1785 and 1790?
(a) 10 per 1500
(b) 15 per 1000
(c) 150 per 1000
(d) 50 per 1000
3. Martha's diary was once included in a book about the history of which city?
(a) Albany, New York
(b) Augusta, Georgia
(c) Portland, Maine
(d) Augusta, Maine
4. Who is Ephraim Ballard?
(a) Martha's father-in-law
(b) Martha's brother-in-law
(c) Martha's first son
(d) Martha's husband
5. In what town was Martha Ballard born?
(a) Oxford, Mississippi
(b) Oxford, Ohio
(c) Oxford, England
(d) Oxford, Massachusetts
Short Answer Questions
1. On what river does Martha spend much of her time?
2. Physicians often doubled as what profession?
3. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
4. In what town to Martha and Ephraim settle?
5. Which of the following is not a product for which Martha used herbs?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)