|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August 1787.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many historians consider Martha's diary to be _____________.
(b) slightly interesting
2. Martha began to keep a diary because ___________________________.
(a) She had a hard time remembering appointments
(b) She wanted to pass her story to her children
(c) No one really knows
(d) She wanted to keep a medical log
3. What is the epidemic in the summer of 1787?
(d) Scarlet fever
4. Martha strongly believed in _____________ to make her patients feel better.
(a) taking a nap
(b) purging the body
(c) drinking water
(d) sitting in the sun
5. In what town are the Ballards living in 1787?
Short Answer Questions
1. Many men during Martha's lifetime thought that education for a woman was ________________.
2. What did Martha use as purgatives?
3. What is the function of a midwife?
4. What happens to Ephraim's mill in 1787?
5. Martha's diary was once included in a book about the history of which city?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)