|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 1804.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ephraim arrested?
(a) He writes scandalous editorials
(b) He refuses to pay his taxes
(c) He cheats customers on a regular basis
(d) He is $800 short in his accounting
2. How many times in 27 years of midwife practice did Martha ever call a doctor?
3. How many babies did Martha deliver in 1793?
4. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
(a) She had enough money from her two businesses
(b) She would not let them marry
(c) She asked them to stay
(d) She demanded that they stay
5. How did Ephraim and Jonathan assist in Martha's weaving business?
(c) Sheared sheep and broke flax
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moves into Martha's house with her?
2. How could birth be a dangerous process?
3. Why was Ephraim released during the days?
4. What marked the end of the "lying-in" period for a new mother?
5. Which of the following is not a way in which Martha would discuss a man in her diary?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)