|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 1804.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times in 27 years of midwife practice did Martha ever call a doctor?
2. Why does Martha become increasingly dependent on Jonathan?
(a) Ephraim dies
(b) Ephaim is very ill
(c) Ephraim leaves her
(d) Ephraim is arrested
3. What did Ephraim consider his imprisonment?
(a) An outrage
(b) A vacation
(c) A nuisance
(d) A scandal
4. Why does Dr. Page become a problem for Martha?
(a) He includes midwifery in his practice
(b) He sues her
(c) He makes slanderous comments about her
(d) He opens his practice next door
5. Martha's diary entries did not follow the same tone as other midwives from ________________.
(b) Rhode Island
Short Answer Questions
1. Martha used her diary to _________________.
2. What was Martha always sure to include when she mentioned a man in her diary?
3. Which of the following is not a way in which Martha would discuss a man in her diary?
4. What is Martha's main concern at this time?
5. Why was Ephraim released during the days?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)