|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 1804.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
(a) Hannah and Dolly
(b) Hannah and Molly
(c) Molly and Ellen
(d) Hannah and Daisy
2. What is Martha's sister's name?
(a) Clara Barton
(b) Elizabeth Brown
(c) Dorothy Ballard
(d) Dorothy Barton
3. What business did women handle during Martha's lifetime?
(a) Unseen community business
(b) Education work
(c) Volunteer work
(d) Editorial work
4. What is Martha's main concern at this time?
(a) A terminal illness
(b) Getting older
(c) Ephraim's health
(d) Her grandchildren
5. Who is Dr. Page?
(a) A Boston physician
(b) An Augusta physician
(c) A Portland physician
(d) A Hallowell physician
Short Answer Questions
1. A physician's training was ___________________________.
2. What do Ephraim and Jonathan build for Martha?
3. How many young women did Martha employ in her home between the years of 1785-1800?
4. What did Dr. Page not understand?
5. Which of the following is not something Martha noted in her diary about each birth?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)