|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 1804.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martha's success rate was comparable to the statistics of the _______________.
2. What terms does Martha very seldom use for women in her diary?
(a) Lady or Madam
(b) Lady or Mam
(c) Dame or Mistress
(d) Lady or Mistress
3. At what job is Ephraim working when he is arrested?
(c) Tax collector
4. Why does Martha become increasingly dependent on Jonathan?
(a) Ephraim dies
(b) Ephraim is arrested
(c) Ephraim leaves her
(d) Ephaim is very ill
5. What did Ephraim consider his imprisonment?
(a) A vacation
(b) A nuisance
(c) A scandal
(d) An outrage
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
2. What was Martha always sure to include when she mentioned a man in her diary?
3. How old is Martha in the spring of 1804?
4. Which of the following is not a way in which Martha would discuss a man in her diary?
5. How many babies did Martha deliver in 1793?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)