|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 1804.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Ephraim released during the days?
(a) To get exercise
(b) To visit Martha
(c) To work to pay his debt
(d) To get some sunshine
2. What is Martha's main concern at this time?
(a) Getting older
(b) A terminal illness
(c) Her grandchildren
(d) Ephraim's health
3. Everyone knew that birth was a ______________ process.
4. How does Martha refer to single women in her diary?
(a) Miss or their father's name
(b) Ms. or their first name
(c) Miss or their fiance's name
(d) Miss or their first name
5. What is Martha's biggest problem during Ephraim's incarceration?
(a) Getting flax for her wool
(b) Paying the bills
(c) Having no one to talk to at night
(d) Getting wood for the winter
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
2. What term did Martha use for a woman in labor?
3. Society during Martha's time was described as a ___________________.
4. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
5. How old is Martha in the spring of 1804?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)