|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 1804.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Ephraim released during the days?
(a) To get exercise
(b) To get some sunshine
(c) To work to pay his debt
(d) To visit Martha
2. What terms does Martha very seldom use for women in her diary?
(a) Lady or Madam
(b) Dame or Mistress
(c) Lady or Mistress
(d) Lady or Mam
3. Martha's success rate was ____________________.
(b) below average
(c) very high
4. How old is Martha in the spring of 1804?
5. How many young women did Martha employ in her home between the years of 1785-1800?
Short Answer Questions
1. What marked the end of the "lying-in" period for a new mother?
2. Why does Martha think Dr. Page will not be successful?
3. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
4. What business did men handle during Martha's lifetime?
5. Which of the following is not something Martha had to contend with as a midwife?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)