|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 1804.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business did men handle during Martha's lifetime?
(a) Religious work
(b) Education work
(c) Legal work
(d) Public business
2. Martha used her diary to _________________.
(a) unload her problems
(b) complain about her husband
(c) track her businesses
(d) vent about emotional problems
3. What do Ephraim and Jonathan build for Martha?
(a) Sewing room
(b) Trundle bed
(d) New cupboard
4. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
(a) She had enough money from her two businesses
(b) She would not let them marry
(c) She asked them to stay
(d) She demanded that they stay
5. A physician's training was ___________________________.
(a) traditional and manual
(b) experimental and literary
(c) experimental and manual
(d) traditional and experimental
Short Answer Questions
1. What role did the men play in the delivery of a child?
2. How could birth be a dangerous process?
3. What is Martha's main concern at this time?
4. Why does Martha think Dr. Page will not be successful?
5. How many babies did Martha deliver in 1793?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)