|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 1804.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Martha become increasingly dependent on Jonathan?
(a) Ephaim is very ill
(b) Ephraim leaves her
(c) Ephraim is arrested
(d) Ephraim dies
2. Martha's diary entries did not follow the same tone as other midwives from ________________.
(d) Rhode Island
3. How old is Martha in the spring of 1804?
4. Who is Dr. Page?
(a) A Hallowell physician
(b) A Portland physician
(c) An Augusta physician
(d) A Boston physician
5. What role did the men play in the delivery of a child?
(a) Cut the umbilical cord
(b) Cut the bandages
(c) Transported the midwife and nurses
(d) Boiled the water
Short Answer Questions
1. Martha's success rate was ____________________.
2. Which of Martha's daughters spun yarn for weaving and trading?
3. Society during Martha's time was described as a ___________________.
4. What is Martha's sister's name?
5. How many young women did Martha employ in her home between the years of 1785-1800?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)