|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 1804.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Martha had to contend with as a midwife?
(b) Premature births
(d) False Labor
2. How many young women did Martha employ in her home between the years of 1785-1800?
3. Where did Martha deep much of her accounting?
(a) Her bedside table
(b) Her diary
(c) Her kitchen cupboard
(d) Her desk drawer
4. What business did women handle during Martha's lifetime?
(a) Editorial work
(b) Volunteer work
(c) Unseen community business
(d) Education work
5. What role did the men play in the delivery of a child?
(a) Boiled the water
(b) Cut the bandages
(c) Transported the midwife and nurses
(d) Cut the umbilical cord
Short Answer Questions
1. A physician's training was ___________________________.
2. What is Martha's main concern at this time?
3. Who moves into Martha's house with her?
4. Why does Martha become increasingly dependent on Jonathan?
5. Why does Dr. Page become a problem for Martha?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)