|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 1804.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Martha able to keep her daughters at home for the majority of their young adult lives?
(a) She asked them to stay
(b) She would not let them marry
(c) She demanded that they stay
(d) She had enough money from her two businesses
2. Martha's training was _________________________.
(a) manual and experimental
(b) traditional and experimental
(c) literary and experimental
(d) traditional and manual
3. What role did the men play in the delivery of a child?
(a) Cut the umbilical cord
(b) Transported the midwife and nurses
(c) Cut the bandages
(d) Boiled the water
4. Where did Martha deep much of her accounting?
(a) Her kitchen cupboard
(b) Her bedside table
(c) Her desk drawer
(d) Her diary
5. What term did Martha use for a woman in labor?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many babies did Martha deliver in 1793?
2. What terms does Martha very seldom use for women in her diary?
3. What is Martha's main concern at this time?
4. Martha's success rate was ____________________.
5. Which of the following was not one of Ephraim's professions?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)