|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through March 1804.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Martha always sure to include when she mentioned a man in her diary?
(a) His middle name
(b) His address
(c) His wife's name
(d) His title
2. How old is Martha in the spring of 1804?
3. Martha's success rate was comparable to the statistics of the _______________.
4. What is Martha's biggest problem during Ephraim's incarceration?
(a) Having no one to talk to at night
(b) Paying the bills
(c) Getting wood for the winter
(d) Getting flax for her wool
5. Why is Ephraim arrested?
(a) He writes scandalous editorials
(b) He refuses to pay his taxes
(c) He cheats customers on a regular basis
(d) He is $800 short in his accounting
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Ephraim released during the days?
2. What role did the men play in the delivery of a child?
3. What is the bulk of Martha's diary?
4. What business did women handle during Martha's lifetime?
5. How many young women did Martha employ in her home between the years of 1785-1800?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)