1. What was Martha Ballard's maiden name?
2. In what year was Martha Ballard born?
3. In what town was Martha Ballard born?
(a) Oxford, England
(b) Oxford, Massachusetts
(c) Oxford, Mississippi
(d) Oxford, Ohio
4. Who is Ephraim Ballard?
(a) Martha's husband
(b) Martha's first son
(c) Martha's brother-in-law
(d) Martha's father-in-law
5. What was Ephraim's profession?
(a) Surveyor and judge
(b) Lawyer and judge
(c) Surveyor and miller
(d) Lawyer and miller
6. How many children did Martha have?
7. To what state do Martha and Ephraim move with their family?
(d) New York
8. In what town to Martha and Ephraim settle?
9. On what river does Martha spend much of her time?
(a) Colorado River
(b) Ohio River
(c) Mississippi River
(d) Kennebec River
10. What is the function of a midwife?
(b) Deliver babies
11. For how many years did Martha work as a midwife?
12. In what year does Martha start her diary?
This section contains 3,299 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)