|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the blacksmith do when he returns to his home with Florens there?
2. What begins to fade when Florens sees the blacksmith?
3. What makes the blacksmith bleed when Florens fights with him?
4. What does Sorrow change before she tries to run away?
5. What does Florens think about her life as she leaves the blacksmith's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rebekka change in her treatment of Willard and Scully after Jacob dies?
2. Why does Sorrow want to run away?
3. Why does Florens refuse to run away with Sorrow?
4. Why does Florens choose to write about something?
5. Why did Minha Mae send Florens to the Vaark farm?
6. How was Sorrow raised?
7. What was different about Florens after her trip to the blacksmith's house?
8. How is Florens contacted by her mother, and how does she feel about this?
9. What does Rebekka spend much of her time doing after she is healed, and why is this strange?
10. What does Florens choose to write about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what affect do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
Essay Topic 3
How does Rebekka change after her illness, and what do you think caused these changes? Please cite information from the text to support your ideas.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)