|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dug Jacob's grave?
(b) His slaves.
(d) The doctor.
2. Why was Minha Mae raped?
(a) To make the men stronger.
(b) So she would get pregnant.
(c) The women were being broken in.
(d) So the sons would stay away from whores.
3. What does Florens use to write at the farm?
(a) A stick.
(c) A nail.
(d) Her finger.
4. What does Florens think of Rebekka's requests when she is back on the farm?
(a) They are men's work.
(b) They are simple.
(c) They are strange.
(d) They are not fair.
5. Who does Rebekka say will cure her?
(a) The black smith.
(b) Her baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Minha Maw want Florens to learn letters?
2. Why does the blacksmith travel without Florens?
3. Who finds Sorrow after her father dies?
4. What does Sorrow's imaginary friend do that makes her happy?
5. What does Florens write on at the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rebekka change in her treatment of Willard and Scully after Jacob dies?
2. What does Rebekka spend much of her time doing after she is healed, and why is this strange?
3. Why is Sorrow brought to the Vaark farm?
4. How is Florens contacted by her mother, and how does she feel about this?
5. How does Sorrow act after her child is born?
6. What happens when Florens is left with Malaik?
7. Why does Florens refuse to run away with Sorrow?
8. What changes the relationship between Florens and the black smith?
9. What was different about Florens after her trip to the blacksmith's house?
10. What protected Sorrow when her father died?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)