|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Florens say her writing is pointless?
(a) Nobody will see it.
(b) It isn't in a book.
(c) The blacksmith can't read.
(d) She hates it all.
2. What does Florens think of Rebekka's requests when she is back on the farm?
(a) They are men's work.
(b) They are not fair.
(c) They are strange.
(d) They are simple.
3. What does Florens walk home without?
(a) Her boots.
(b) Her apron.
(c) Her bag.
(d) Her hat.
4. What does Florens hear when she grab's Malaik's arm?
(a) A snapping.
(b) Wagon wheels.
(d) A scream.
5. Who is Florens never able to understand?
(b) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Minha Mae hate that Florens wore shoes?
2. How does Sorrow feel about the blacksmith after she has her baby?
3. Who helps Sorrow while she is sick while pregnant on the farm?
4. What happened to Malaik's parents?
5. What is the name of Sorrow's imaginary friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mina Mae say about her ship voyage?
2. How are Willard and Scully different from the other slaves on the Vaark farm?
3. Why does Florens choose to write about something?
4. How is Florens contacted by her mother, and how does she feel about this?
5. What does Rebekka spend much of her time doing after she is healed, and why is this strange?
6. Who is Malaik?
7. How does Florens describe Rebekka after she recovers?
8. What is unique about how Florens writes what she chooses to write about?
9. Why does Florens feel an urgency to write?
10. How does Sorrow act after her child is born?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)