|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Florens's father?
(a) We don't know.
(b) The black smith.
(c) One of the D'Ortega boys.
(d) The Reverend Father.
2. Why isn't Sorrow allowed to use something?
(a) It is always used by someone else.
(b) She is not well.
(c) She might break it.
(d) Rebekka doesn't like the baby.
3. What does Lina write when she is back at the farm?
(a) A letter.
(b) Her story.
(c) A suicide note.
(d) Her sale deed.
4. What did Minha Mae always want to make Florens understand?
(a) Why she didn't come with here.
(b) Where she came from.
(c) How to make a difference.
(d) Why she sent her away.
5. How does Minha Mae describe being given dominion over someone else?
(a) A wicked thing.
(b) A wrong thing.
(c) A good thing.
(d) A hard thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the blacksmith bleed when Florens fights with him?
2. What crops do the D'Ortegas grow?
3. What does the blacksmith do when he returns to his home with Florens there?
4. What disease does Sorrow get while she is pregnant on the farm?
5. Where do men say Jacob was the happiest in his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Minha Mae not like when Florens wore shoes?
2. How does Florens describe Rebekka after she recovers?
3. What does Mina Mae say about her ship voyage?
4. What does the blacksmith say when he comes to Rebekka's sick bed?
5. What changes the relationship between Florens and the black smith?
6. How do the men slaves think Rebekka should save the farm?
7. Who is Malaik?
8. Why does Florens choose to write about something?
9. How is Florens contacted by her mother, and how does she feel about this?
10. Why does Sorrow want to run away?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)