|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Malaik remind Florens of?
(d) The black smith.
2. Why did Reverend Father agree to teach Florens to read?
(a) It is what God would have wanted.
(b) He wanted to marry Florens.
(c) It made Minha Mae happy.
(d) He liked to break rules.
3. What does Florens say her mother would love about her now?
(a) Her feet are hard.
(b) She hates men.
(c) She can read.
(d) There is no more running in her mind.
4. Why does Minha Mae give Florens away?
(a) She is not a hard worker.
(b) She needs a new experience.
(c) She is too hard to take care of.
(d) She would have been raped.
5. Why is Sorrow kicked out of the first house that takes her in after her father dies?
(a) She doesn't believe in God.
(b) She is mentally deficient.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Sorrow allowed to use something?
2. What disease does Sorrow get while she is pregnant on the farm?
3. What kind of dreams does Florens have at the blacksmith's house?
4. What was Florens going to use against the blacksmith?
5. What is Sorrow's father's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Sorrow raised?
2. What does Florens choose to write about?
3. How did Minha Mae get pregnant with Florens?
4. Why does Florens refuse to run away with Sorrow?
5. What changes the relationship between Florens and the black smith?
6. What happens to the farm after Jacob dies?/
7. How does Florens describe Rebekka after she recovers?
8. Why did Minha Mae send Florens to the Vaark farm?
9. Why does Sorrow want to run away?
10. How are Willard and Scully different from the other slaves on the Vaark farm?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)