|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Florens get to talk to Reverend Father?
(a) Twice a month.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Once a month.
2. What does a boy in the forest offer Florens as she is heading for the blacksmith?
(a) Some food.
(b) A book.
(c) Tobacco chew.
(d) A canteen.
3. What was Rebekka doing when she was threatened by an animal?
4. Where did Rebekka see a dead man who has haunted her?
(a) A prison.
(b) The gallows.
(c) A hospital.
(d) The stocks.
5. With whom does Lina have a close friendship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some spirits supposedly guide?
2. How is the blacksmith different from other black men?
3. Why does Florens say Rebekka sometimes slaps her slaves?
4. Who has taught Florens much in her life?
5. Where was Sorrow raised?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is confusing in the dialogue at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Florens sent to do when Jacob dies, and why?
3. How is Jane described?
4. What do the Ney brothers do to Florens and Lina?
5. What does the boy in the forest do for Florens as she is heading for the black smith?
6. How does Jacob change, and what causes these changes?
7. Where does Rebekka find her biggest source of faith, and why does she think this is strange?
8. What slightly offends Lina while Rebekka is in her fever?
9. What happens to Florens at Widow Ealing's house?
10. What does Rebekka say was her main source of support when she was a new bride?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)