|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Minha May say Vaark treated Florens?
(a) Like a child.
(b) Like a human.
(c) Like an object.
(d) Like an animal.
2. Who does Malaik remind Florens of?
(d) The black smith.
3. Who helps Sorrow while she is sick while pregnant on the farm?
(c) The blacksmith.
4. Why does the blacksmith travel without Florens?
(a) She must watch his shop.
(b) She is ill.
(c) He is faster alone.
(d) He doesn't want to be alone with her.
5. What was Sorrow given before her father died?
6. What does Florens use to write at the farm?
(a) Her finger.
(c) A stick.
(d) A nail.
7. Who gets Sorrow pregnant while on the Vaark farm?
(a) The sawyer's son.
(b) The farmer's cousin.
(c) The black smith.
(d) A deacon's son.
8. Who dug Jacob's grave?
(a) His slaves.
(b) The doctor.
9. What does Florens say about those who claim rule over her?
(a) She was meant to be with them.
(b) She owes them her life.
(c) She doesn't have to follow them.
(d) She is nothing to them.
10. How does Sorrow feel when Lina tells her something when she comes to the farm?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is happy.
11. What does Florens write on at the farm?
(a) Corn husks.
(b) A board.
12. Who is Florens never able to understand?
(b) Her mother.
13. What does Florens walk home without?
(a) Her hat.
(b) Her bag.
(c) Her boots.
(d) Her apron.
14. What does Florens say is clear as she leaves the blacksmith's house?
(a) Her future.
(b) Her way.
(c) Her heart.
15. What does Sorrow's imaginary friend do that makes her happy?
(a) Sings her songs.
(b) Cheers her up.
(c) Tells her about the sea.
(d) Calls her by her given name.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lina figure out what was wrong with Sorrow when she came to the farm?
2. What does Rebekka spend most of her time doing when Florens returns?
3. Why did Florens want to wear shoes?
4. Who does Florens talk to as she walks home?
5. What kind of dreams does Florens have at the blacksmith's house?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)