|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of doll does Malaik have?
(a) A rag doll.
(b) A china doll.
(c) A cornhusk doll.
(d) A voodoo doll.
2. What happened to Malaik's parents?
(a) They were arrested.
(b) Nobody knows.
(c) They ran away.
(d) They died.
3. What does Florens call the situation when Vaark takes Florens?
(a) An omen.
(b) A happiness.
(c) A miracle.
(d) A mercy.
4. Why did the slaves stay on the farm after Jacob died?
(a) To find new owners.
(b) To make God happy.
(c) To help Rebekka.
(d) To follow the law.
5. What kind of dreams does Florens have at the blacksmith's house?
(a) Sexual dreams.
(b) Strange dreams.
(c) Happy dreams.
(d) Memory dreams.
6. What does Sorrow name her baby?
7. Who harms Sorrow in the first house she is in after her father dies?
(a) The father.
(c) The uncle.
(d) The son.
8. What vanishes from Sorrow while she is pregnant on the farm?
(a) Her imaginary friend.
(b) Her visions with her father.
(c) Her belief in God.
(d) Her eye sight.
9. How does Minha Mae describe being given dominion over someone else?
(a) A hard thing.
(b) A wicked thing.
(c) A wrong thing.
(d) A good thing.
10. Why does Florens say her writing is pointless?
(a) The blacksmith can't read.
(b) She hates it all.
(c) Nobody will see it.
(d) It isn't in a book.
11. What disease does Sorrow get while she is pregnant on the farm?
(c) Yellow Fever.
12. What does Florens walk home without?
(a) Her hat.
(b) Her bag.
(c) Her boots.
(d) Her apron.
13. How does Sorrow feel about the blacksmith after she has her baby?
(a) She is embarrassed around him.
(b) She is cautious around him.
(c) She is devoted to him.
(d) She is angry with him.
14. Who does Rebekka say will cure her?
(c) Her baby.
(d) The black smith.
15. What does Florens hear when she grab's Malaik's arm?
(b) Wagon wheels.
(c) A scream.
(d) A snapping.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't Rebekka let Lina sleep where she likes when it is hot?
2. Where does Lina like to sleep when it is hot?
3. What begins to fade when Florens sees the blacksmith?
4. What does Rebekka call Sorrow while she is sick?
5. What is missing when Florens wakes up in the blacksmith's house?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)