|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Florens going to use against the blacksmith?
(a) A horse shoe.
(b) A set of pliers.
(c) A hammer.
(d) An axle.
2. Who harms Sorrow in the first house she is in after her father dies?
(a) The son.
(c) The father.
(d) The uncle.
3. What does Florens walk home without?
(a) Her bag.
(b) Her boots.
(c) Her hat.
(d) Her apron.
4. How does Sorrow's father die?
(b) A shipwreck.
(d) An attack.
5. What does Lina tell Sorrow when she comes to the farm?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is saved.
(c) She is safe.
(d) She is sick.
6. How does Sorrow feel when Lina tells her something when she comes to the farm?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is relieved.
7. Why doesn't Minha Mae give her son away?
(a) He is just a baby.
(b) He won't get raped.
(c) She needs someone to stay with her.
(d) He will be strong.
8. Why don't Rebekka let Lina sleep where she likes when it is hot?
(a) It is not in the Bible.
(b) She might run away.
(c) It is for savages.
(d) She might get sick.
9. What does Sorrow change before she tries to run away?
(a) Her hair style.
(b) Her name.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) The lock on her door.
10. How does Malaik treat Florens?
(a) He clung to her.
(b) He threw things at her.
(c) He did what she asked.
(d) He wouldn't look at her.
11. Why did Reverend Father agree to teach Florens to read?
(a) It made Minha Mae happy.
(b) It is what God would have wanted.
(c) He liked to break rules.
(d) He wanted to marry Florens.
12. What vanishes from Sorrow while she is pregnant on the farm?
(a) Her belief in God.
(b) Her visions with her father.
(c) Her imaginary friend.
(d) Her eye sight.
13. Who delivers Sorrow's baby on the farm?
(b) The black smith.
14. Why does Florens say her writing is pointless?
(a) It isn't in a book.
(b) Nobody will see it.
(c) She hates it all.
(d) The blacksmith can't read.
15. How does the blacksmith feel about the news Florens brings him?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is scared.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florens write on at the farm?
2. Why did Minha Maw want Florens to learn letters?
3. What does Sorrow name her baby?
4. What crops do the D'Ortegas grow?
5. How does Rebekka try to get rid of Sorrow?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)