|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Florens doing at the beginning of the book?
2. What did Rebekka have to learn from the locals before understanding them?
(a) How to speak.
(b) How to pray.
(c) How to buy slaves.
(d) How to cook.
3. How often does Florens get to talk to Reverend Father?
(a) Twice a month.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Once a month.
4. What did Rebekka have to make adjustments to after she got married?
(a) Her religion.
(b) Her personality.
(c) Her wishes.
(d) Her physical body.
5. Why does Florens not think a spirit will protect her?
(a) She is none of the people they protect.
(b) She is not Native American.
(c) She doesn't have enough faith.
(d) She doesn't know how to pray to them.
6. Why does Lina not like the Vaark house?
(a) It used up 50 trees.
(b) It is too small.
(c) It is in a strange fashion.
(d) It has 3 stories.
7. What changes Jacob's demeanor?
(a) He loses some money.
(b) He gets married.
(c) He gets sick.
(d) He loses a daughter.
8. Who does Florens have to escape from while getting the blacksmith?
(a) Police men.
(b) Runaway slaves.
(c) The D'Ortegas.
(d) Drunk men.
9. What did Rebekka repeat over and over that she hated about her life before coming to Virginia?
(c) Sitting at home.
(d) Being courted.
10. What do some spirits supposedly guide?
(c) All of these.
11. What animal is Florens most worried about while heading to get the blacksmith?
12. Where does Florens try to sleep while heading to get the blacksmith?
(a) A ditch.
(b) A tree.
(c) An abandoned warehouse.
(d) A barn.
13. What does Lina worry about after Jacob's death?
(a) Rebekka's health.
(b) Florens's feelings.
(c) The farm.
(d) Her sanity.
14. What kind of people did Rebekka avoid in Virginia?
(b) Religious people.
(c) Poor people.
(d) All of these.
15. What does Jacob make sure of before getting slaves?
(a) That they are orphans.
(b) That they are healthy.
(c) That they have had the measles.
(d) That they are Christians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Florens learn the Nicene Creed?
2. What changed Lina's opinions of Jacob?
3. How does Rebekka know she is ill?
4. Why does Jacob take Florens with him?
5. What language is minha mae?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)