|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what disease does Jacob die?
(b) Typhoid Fever.
2. What changed Lina's opinions of Jacob?
(a) When he had a child.
(b) When he started buying slaves.
(c) When he became a farmer.
(d) When he got married.
3. What does Florens help boil in big vats?
4. Why does Jacob take Florens with him?
(a) He is owed some debt.
(b) He paid for her.
(c) All of these.
(d) He wants to save her.
5. How long of a walk is it from where Lina waits to the blacksmith?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 4 miles.
6. Who does Rebekka say was the most demanding person in her life?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
7. What did Rebekka have to learn from the locals before understanding them?
(a) How to pray.
(b) How to cook.
(c) How to buy slaves.
(d) How to speak.
8. What physical problem is the worst for Florens as she heads for the blacksmith?
(b) A twisted ankle.
(d) Pains in the lungs.
9. Where does Florens learn the Nicene Creed?
(a) Her lover.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The Reverend.
10. Who rescued Lina when she was younger?
(b) Mountain men.
11. How does Lina act around the other slaves?
(a) She is arrogant.
(b) She is kind and loving.
(c) She flirts with the men.
(d) She keeps to herself.
12. What are the D'Oretgas known for?
(a) Their cruelty.
(b) Their greed.
(c) Their intelligence.
(d) Their riches.
13. What skills does Lina say she had to hone to survive on the farm?
(a) House skills.
(b) Hermit skills.
(c) Trust skills.
(d) Memory skills.
14. What illness does Rebekka have?
(a) Yellow Fever.
(c) Small pox.
15. What does Rebekka say her father would have done with her?
(a) Sold her.
(b) Given her to any man.
(c) Hid her away.
(d) Sent her to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Lina have a close friendship?
2. What does Senhora have strong opinions about?
3. How did Rebekka feel when she got to Virginia?
4. How is the blacksmith different from other black men?
5. What made Rebekka and Jacob's relationship so hard at the beginning of their marriage?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)