|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Rebekka feel about learning to cook strange game?
(a) It was an experiment.
(b) It was torture.
(c) It was educational.
(d) It was an adventure.
2. Why does Lina not like the Vaark house?
(a) It is in a strange fashion.
(b) It is too small.
(c) It used up 50 trees.
(d) It has 3 stories.
3. What does Senhora do that bothers Jacob?
(a) Beats the slaves.
(c) Talks all the time.
4. How old was Rebekka when she set out into the world?
5. Where did Rebekka take refuge after moving to Virginia?
(a) The fields.
(b) The docks.
(c) Her books.
(d) Her house.
6. What does Jacob fear when he comes to his farm?
(a) A war.
(b) A rice in prices.
(c) An uprising.
(d) A drought.
7. What does a boy in the forest offer Florens as she is heading for the blacksmith?
(a) Tobacco chew.
(b) A canteen.
(c) A book.
(d) Some food.
8. Why couldn't Lina save her family?
(a) She was too scared.
(b) She was chained up.
(c) She was too young.
(d) She was too sick.
9. Where does Florens live at the beginning of the book?
(a) A poor house.
(b) A farm.
(c) A ship.
(d) A plantation.
10. What happens when Rebekka's fever gets worse?
(a) She goes blind.
(b) She slips into a coma.
(c) She gets a bad cough.
(d) She sees hallucinations.
11. What did Jacob build for his new bride?
(a) A stable.
(b) A cabin.
(c) A wind mill.
(d) A bed.
12. Who does Florens miss most when she is given to another slave owner?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her Reverend.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
13. What does minha mae mean?
(a) The beacon.
(b) My mother.
(c) The light.
(d) My watcher.
14. What does Reverend Father teach Florens?
(a) How to read.
(b) How to sing.
(c) How to send secret messages.
(d) How to plant seeds.
15. Why does Florens not think a spirit will protect her?
(a) She doesn't have enough faith.
(b) She is none of the people they protect.
(c) She is not Native American.
(d) She doesn't know how to pray to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed Lina's opinions of Jacob?
2. How is Lina different from other slaves?
3. Why does Florens think of the time Rebekka was threatened by an animal?
4. What does Reverend always say is the second best hope?
5. What was Rebekka doing when she was threatened by an animal?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)