|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes Jacob's demeanor?
(a) He loses some money.
(b) He loses a daughter.
(c) He gets sick.
(d) He gets married.
2. Who rescued Lina when she was younger?
(b) Mountain men.
3. What does Lina worry about after Jacob's death?
(a) The farm.
(b) Florens's feelings.
(c) Her sanity.
(d) Rebekka's health.
4. Why doesn't Florens want to accept what a boy in the woods offers her when she is heading for the blacksmith?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She is tired.
(c) She doesn't want to break a rule.
(d) She is sick.
5. How is the blacksmith different from other black men?
(a) He can read.
(b) He was born in America.
(c) He is free.
(d) He is educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Florens learn the Nicene Creed?
2. How did the villagers treat Florens?
3. How does Florens calm her fears while heading to get the blacksmith?
4. What kind of people did Rebekka avoid in Virginia?
5. How does Rebekka feel about her marriage to Jacob?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)