|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could happen to Reverend Father if he is caught teaching Florens?
(a) He could be sold.
(b) He could be beat.
(c) He could be fired.
(d) He could be killed.
2. How is the blacksmith different from other black men?
(a) He is free.
(b) He was born in America.
(c) He can read.
(d) He is educated.
3. Why does Jacob take Florens with him?
(a) He is owed some debt.
(b) He paid for her.
(c) All of these.
(d) He wants to save her.
4. What vow did Lina take after living with the Vaarks?
(a) To never love again.
(b) To never cause trouble or get beat.
(c) To never abandon someone she cherishes.
(d) To never forget her past.
5. Why is Florens so excited to go get the blacksmith for Rebekka?
(a) He is her lover.
(b) She will get to see her mother.
(c) He can save her master.
(d) She wants to leave the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jacob Vaark live?
2. Why is Florens sent to another slave owner?
3. What does Florens say there are too many of in her life?
4. What does minha mae mean?
5. What does Reverend Father teach Florens?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)