|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jacob not agree with in the government?
(a) The laws of slavery.
(b) The National Bank.
(c) The brewing war.
(d) The Constitution.
2. How does Rebekka know she is ill?
(a) She is tired.
(b) Her hair is falling out.
(c) She gets a rash.
(d) She has sores in her mouth.
3. What changes Jacob's demeanor?
(a) He loses some money.
(b) He gets married.
(c) He gets sick.
(d) He loses a daughter.
4. What does Florens say there are too many of in her life?
5. Why is Florens sent to another slave owner?
(a) To pay off a debt.
(b) All of these.
(c) To make money.
(d) To free up space.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does minha mae mean?
2. How old was Florens when she came to where she lives at the beginning of the book?
3. Why is Florens sent to get the blacksmith for Rebekka?
4. What is Florens doing at the beginning of the book?
5. Why is Florens so excited to go get the blacksmith for Rebekka?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)