|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob make sure of before getting slaves?
(a) That they have had the measles.
(b) That they are orphans.
(c) That they are Christians.
(d) That they are healthy.
2. What did Jacob not agree with in the government?
(a) The Constitution.
(b) The National Bank.
(c) The laws of slavery.
(d) The brewing war.
3. What does minha mae mean?
(a) The light.
(b) The beacon.
(c) My mother.
(d) My watcher.
4. How often does Florens get to talk to Reverend Father?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Twice a month.
5. Why is Minha Mae not sent with Florens when she is sent to another slave owner?
(a) Florens is worth enough.
(b) Her baby is breastfeeding.
(c) She is very sick.
(d) Florens doesn't want her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the blacksmith different from other black men?
2. What does Senhora have strong opinions about?
3. Why couldn't Lina save her family?
4. What could happen to Reverend Father if he is caught teaching Florens?
5. What did Jacob do to make money in the North?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)