|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Minha Mae give her son away?
(a) He won't get raped.
(b) He is just a baby.
(c) She needs someone to stay with her.
(d) He will be strong.
2. What does Lina write when she is back at the farm?
(a) A letter.
(b) A suicide note.
(c) Her story.
(d) Her sale deed.
3. Why won't Florens run away with Sorrow?
(a) She might get killed.
(b) She is too loyal.
(c) She has to finish something.
(d) She doesn't know the way.
4. How is Lina different from other slaves?
(a) She was born in Africa.
(b) She is Native American.
(c) She is very old.
(d) She looks white.
5. Why does Florens think of the time Rebekka was threatened by an animal?
(a) She understands the situation now.
(b) She thinks she hears a coyote close.
(c) It showed her Rebekka's heart.
(d) It has scarred her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Florens when she came to where she lives at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Florens say her mother would love about her now?
3. What did Rebekka have to make adjustments to after she got married?
4. Who does Florens miss most when she is given to another slave owner?
5. What did Minha Mae like about Jacob?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)