|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard wants Alice to get ______________________.
2. Who is Theresa's husband?
3. Which attorney does Alice want Howard to call?
4. How many felony counts does Alice face?
5. Who is Robbie Mackessy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bizarre ideas does Alice have regarding sacrifice in Christian beliefs?
2. What advice does Theresa get from her friend, Albert, regarding mourning for Lizzy?
3. How does the author use foreshadowing by introducing Robbie Mackessy's mother in the hospital lounge scene?
4. How does A MAP OF THE WORLD begin?
5. What is the relationship between Alice and her mother-in-law, Nellie, after Lizzy's funeral?
6. Who is Nellie and what is her relationship with the Goodwins?
7. What thoughts does Alice have regarding God that show her elementary thinking on the topic?
8. What is Alice's job and why did she enter into this career field?
9. Why does Alice compare herself to Mr. Rochester's mad wife in JANE EYRE?
10. What comment does Alice call out when the officers question her and how can it be detrimental for her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hamilton is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Theresa. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of religion. Identify at least two examples about religion in the book. Then explain how each example supports the theme of religion.
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)