|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many felony counts does Alice face?
2. Who does Howard find to watch the girls while he goes to visit Alice in jail?
3. Who is Alice's mother-in-law?
4. How old was Alice when her mother died?
5. Who is Robbie Mackessy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alice's job and why did she enter into this career field?
2. Describe how Howard's life has changed due to harassing phone calls and reporters.
3. How does the topic of reincarnation figure into Alice's thoughts now?
4. How does A MAP OF THE WORLD begin?
5. What is Alice's only demand on Howard when she goes to jail?
6. How do Mrs. Mackessy and Mrs. M.L. Glevitch push Alice to the breaking point at Lizzy's funeral?
7. How does the author use foreshadowing by introducing Robbie Mackessy's mother in the hospital lounge scene?
8. Describe the School Board meeting when Alice runs away.
9. What is the significance of the maps of the world that Alice had drawn as a child?
10. What is the purpose of Chapter 7 and how will Nellie's departure mean volatility?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hamilton is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Prejudice takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite three examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of religion. Identify at least two examples about religion in the book. Then explain how each example supports the theme of religion.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)