|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theresa tell Alice that she has done to save her own marriage?
(a) Tubal ligation reversal.
(b) Works with Dan.
(c) Went to therapy.
(d) Planned a vacation.
2. Why is Alice so sad about the loss of the farm?
(a) It is her family home.
(b) It is where her girls were born.
(c) It is the only place she ever felt safe.
(d) She had had plans to fix it up.
3. What animal does Howard slaughter in Chapter 11?
4. Howard and the girls move into a townhouse at _____________________.
(a) Governor's Square.
(c) Washington Park.
(d) Pheasant Glade.
5. Rafferty intends to reveal Mrs. Mackessy as ________________.
(a) A common slut.
(b) A homewrecker.
(c) A saint.
(d) A wronged woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Howard collect rocks from the fields?
2. Howard refers to The Gettysburg Address which was written by whom?
3. What is Howard doing when Theresa comes to the house?
4. What medical procedure had Theresa had after Lizzy's birth?
5. To which Biblical person does Alice liken herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Theresa add comfort to the lives of Howard and the girls at the same time that the farm is dying?
2. How does Howard describe his state of confusion in Chapter 11?
3. What is Alice's perspective on Nellie's so-called generosity?
4. How does Theresa compare court to church?
5. How do the girls adapt to "hobo life" as Howard calls their apartment adventure?
6. What is Theresa's response to Alice's arrest and what role will she probably play in Alice's defense?
7. How does the sale of the farm affect both Howard and Alice?
8. Why is the lunch between Theresa and Alice so awkward?
9. Why does Alice compare Howard to her father?
10. What are the details of Howard's sale of the farm and how much does he accept for its purchase?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)