|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which Biblical person does Alice liken herself?
(c) John the Baptist.
2. Who will eventually be a major witness for the defense?
(a) Miss Bowman.
3. What does Theresa tell Alice that she has done to save her own marriage?
(a) Tubal ligation reversal.
(b) Went to therapy.
(c) Works with Dan.
(d) Planned a vacation.
4. What does Alice do when she sees the girls in the jail?
5. What is ruining Howard's farm?
(a) No fertilizers.
(b) Lack of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which real estate company does Howard call?
2. Howard recalls that his father threatened to _______________ if he got a woman pregnant.
3. What does Howard leave at the house?
4. What is notable about Alice's face when she sees the girls?
5. Who helps Howard with the girls and provides dinner in the evenings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the lunch between Theresa and Alice so awkward?
2. What is Alice's perspective on Nellie's so-called generosity?
3. How does Howard describe his state of confusion in Chapter 11?
4. How does Alice feel about Rafferty's plans for her and for the trial?
5. What is Howard's perspective on the Goethe quote carved above the courthouse entrance?
6. How does Theresa add comfort to the lives of Howard and the girls at the same time that the farm is dying?
7. How does Alice refer to her map of the world while describing her jail experience?
8. Describe Theresa's last night with Howard and the girls.
9. What is Theresa's view on mercy at this point in her life?
10. What is Howard's interpretation of Alice's fleeing from the girls when they visit the jail for the first time?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)