|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which Biblical person does Alice liken herself?
(a) John the Baptist.
2. Where does Howard begin to have his lunches?
(a) Theresa's house.
(c) The fields.
(d) A diner.
3. Who is Theresa's remaining daughter?
4. What is the weather like when Alice is released from jail?
5. What does Alice do when she sees the girls in the jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice paint on the living room walls?
2. The mention of Robbie's babysitter, ___________________, breaks the composure of Robbie and his mother.
3. With what natural disaster is Howard dealing during this time?
4. Who insists on interviewing Alice's daughters?
5. What is Alice wearing when she sees the girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alice feel about Rafferty's plans for her and for the trial?
2. What does Theresa tell Howard regarding her feelings about her and her life with Dan now?
3. How is the Goodwin family's life in the apartment radically different from the farm where they belong?
4. How does Alice refer to her map of the world while describing her jail experience?
5. What are the details of Howard's sale of the farm and how much does he accept for its purchase?
6. How does Howard describe his state of confusion in Chapter 11?
7. What are Alice's thoughts about religion as she is locked up?
8. What is Theresa's view on mercy at this point in her life?
9. How does Theresa compare court to church?
10. Describe Theresa's last night with Howard and the girls.
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)