|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Child Protection Services worker on Robbie's case?
(a) Myra Flint.
(b) Mary Wilson.
(c) Marlene Winner.
(d) Marie Keaser.
2. What medical procedure had Theresa had after Lizzy's birth?
(a) Plastic surgery.
(b) Gallbladder surgery.
(c) Colon cancer surgery.
(d) A tubal ligation.
3. Where is Emma now reluctant to go?
(a) The park.
(b) The mall.
4. What is notable about Alice's face when she sees the girls?
(a) It is sad.
(b) It is joyful.
(c) It is pale.
(d) It is bruised.
5. Who will eventually be a major witness for the defense?
(b) Miss Bowman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surgery does Alice have while in jail?
2. Theresa faults her relatives for ________________________.
3. How does Robbie show in court the horrible things that Alice supposedly did to him?
4. Why does Theresa feel guilty about Alice's arrest?
5. What does Alice note about a bride she sees on the street?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Howard's perspective on the Goethe quote carved above the courthouse entrance?
2. What is the purpose of the interviews conducted with Alice's daughters and the Child Welfare Office?
3. How does Alice refer to her map of the world while describing her jail experience?
4. Describe Theresa's last night with Howard and the girls.
5. How is the Goodwin family's life in the apartment radically different from the farm where they belong?
6. What happens after Howard and the girls leave the jail and what does Howard bring up in a letter he writes to Alice?
7. How does the sale of the farm affect both Howard and Alice?
8. How does Alice describe jail and why is it so difficult for her?
9. Why is the lunch between Theresa and Alice so awkward?
10. How do the girls adapt to "hobo life" as Howard calls their apartment adventure?
This section contains 1,273 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)