|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surgery does Alice have while in jail?
(a) Brain surgery.
(b) Appendix surgery.
(c) Heart surgery.
(d) Gallbladder surgery.
2. Howard refers to The Gettysburg Address which was written by whom?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
3. How old is Alice's cell mate?
4. What medical procedure had Theresa had after Lizzy's birth?
(a) Plastic surgery.
(b) Colon cancer surgery.
(c) Gallbladder surgery.
(d) A tubal ligation.
5. Who is the Child Protection Services worker on Robbie's case?
(a) Myra Flint.
(b) Marie Keaser.
(c) Mary Wilson.
(d) Marlene Winner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alice's trial is set for which month?
2. What does Alice do when she sees the girls in the jail?
3. What does Alice do between meals in jail?
4. Where is Emma now reluctant to go?
5. Howard meditates on the impact of personality in history and cites Mikhail Gorbachev and __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What information is Howard able to give Rafferty about Alice's past as well as his own?
2. What is the story about a dog and a tangled leash that recurs throughout the novel?
3. What is Theresa's view on mercy at this point in her life?
4. What are the details of Howard's sale of the farm and how much does he accept for its purchase?
5. Why does Alice compare Howard to her father?
6. How does Alice describe jail and why is it so difficult for her?
7. Describe Theresa's last night with Howard and the girls.
8. What are Alice's thoughts about religion as she is locked up?
9. How does Alice refer to her map of the world while describing her jail experience?
10. What is happening in the Goodwin's lives that starts to let them feel normal again?
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)