|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Howard begin to have his lunches?
(a) The fields.
(c) A diner.
(d) Theresa's house.
2. Who is one of the few adults, other than Theresa, who has spoken to Howard this summer?
(a) The tractor repairman.
(b) The seed salesman.
(c) The auctioneer.
(d) The Lutheran minister.
3. Where do Howard, Alice and the girls stop on the way home from jail?
(d) A park.
4. Who helps Howard with the girls and provides dinner in the evenings?
(b) Miss Bowman.
5. What is Howard doing when Theresa comes to the house?
(a) Fixing supper.
(b) Milking cows.
(c) Helping the girls with homework.
(d) Cleaning Emma's stained T-shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which real estate company does Howard call?
2. What does Alice paint on the living room walls?
3. Alice is in fear of what _______________ could do to her.
4. How does Robbie show in court the horrible things that Alice supposedly did to him?
5. Who is the Child Protection Services worker on Robbie's case?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the lunch between Theresa and Alice so awkward?
2. How does Alice refer to her map of the world while describing her jail experience?
3. How does Alice feel about Rafferty's plans for her and for the trial?
4. What is the purpose of the interviews conducted with Alice's daughters and the Child Welfare Office?
5. Why does Alice compare Howard to her father?
6. How is the Goodwin family's life in the apartment radically different from the farm where they belong?
7. What are the details of Howard's sale of the farm and how much does he accept for its purchase?
8. What is Howard's interpretation of Alice's fleeing from the girls when they visit the jail for the first time?
9. What does Theresa tell Howard regarding her feelings about her and her life with Dan now?
10. What is Theresa's response to Alice's arrest and what role will she probably play in Alice's defense?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)