|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the real estate agent who comes to view Howard's farm?
(a) Betty Sanderson.
(b) Joanne Grieshop.
(c) Alice Meyerson.
(d) Sandy Brickman.
2. To which Biblical person does Alice liken herself?
(a) John the Baptist.
3. Why does Theresa feel guilty about Alice's arrest?
(a) She made a phone call to the sheriff's office about Alice.
(b) She planted the stories that the children tell about Alice.
(c) She could have cleared everything up if she had been in town.
(d) She reinforced the lies of the children when questioned.
4. In what city is Alice in jail?
5. Why does Howard decide to take the girls to see Alice?
(a) Alice has asked to see them.
(b) He has no one to watch them.
(c) It is family day at the jail.
(d) It is Claire's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard recalls that his father threatened to _______________ if he got a woman pregnant.
2. Howard recalls his father's moral of ____________________.
3. What religion does Alice consider while in prison?
4. Howard concentrates on the life cycles of __________________.
5. Alice does NOT suffer a huge lack of __________ while in jail.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the details of Howard's sale of the farm and how much does he accept for its purchase?
2. How do the girls adapt to "hobo life" as Howard calls their apartment adventure?
3. How do Howard and the girls prepare to move out of the farmhouse?
4. Why is the lunch between Theresa and Alice so awkward?
5. What is happening in the Goodwin's lives that starts to let them feel normal again?
6. What is Howard's perspective on the Goethe quote carved above the courthouse entrance?
7. Describe Theresa's last night with Howard and the girls.
8. How does Alice refer to her map of the world while describing her jail experience?
9. What are Alice's thoughts about religion as she is locked up?
10. What is the purpose of the interviews conducted with Alice's daughters and the Child Welfare Office?
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)