|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theresa tell Alice that she has done to save her own marriage?
(a) Works with Dan.
(b) Planned a vacation.
(c) Went to therapy.
(d) Tubal ligation reversal.
2. What does Alice note about a bride she sees on the street?
(a) She is very tall.
(b) She has missing teeth.
(c) She looks sad.
(d) She is radiant.
3. Howard recalls his father's moral of ____________________.
(a) Take the High Road.
(b) Never Fight.
(c) Shame and Duty.
(d) Work Hard.
4. To which Biblical person does Alice liken herself?
(d) John the Baptist.
5. Alice likens jail to ________________________.
(a) Summer School.
(b) A bad college dorm.
(c) A summer camp she did not want to attend.
(d) Trick or Treating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Child Protection Services worker on Robbie's case?
2. Who will eventually be a major witness for the defense?
3. What does Howard do with the money from the sale of the farm?
4. Who is the real estate agent who comes to view Howard's farm?
5. What does the judge order both sides in the trial to avoid mentioning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the sale of the farm affect both Howard and Alice?
2. What happens after Howard and the girls leave the jail and what does Howard bring up in a letter he writes to Alice?
3. What are Alice's thoughts about religion as she is locked up?
4. Why is the lunch between Theresa and Alice so awkward?
5. What is Theresa's view on mercy at this point in her life?
6. What is the purpose of the interviews conducted with Alice's daughters and the Child Welfare Office?
7. What is happening in the Goodwin's lives that starts to let them feel normal again?
8. What is Howard's perspective on the Goethe quote carved above the courthouse entrance?
9. What are the details of Howard's sale of the farm and how much does he accept for its purchase?
10. How does Alice feel about Rafferty's plans for her and for the trial?
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)