|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Theresa faults her relatives for ________________________.
(a) Inappropriate behavior.
(c) Bad genes.
(d) Wanting vengeance on Alice.
2. What does Alice note about a bride she sees on the street?
(a) She is radiant.
(b) She is very tall.
(c) She looks sad.
(d) She has missing teeth.
3. Where do Howard and the girls find a place to live?
(b) Spring Grove.
4. What is Howard's state of mind in this section?
5. Who is the real estate agent who comes to view Howard's farm?
(a) Sandy Brickman.
(b) Alice Meyerson.
(c) Joanne Grieshop.
(d) Betty Sanderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice do between meals in jail?
2. What do Howard and Alice buy for the girls on the way home from court?
3. Rafferty intends to reveal Mrs. Mackessy as ________________.
4. Who is the Child Protection Services worker on Robbie's case?
5. Who is the first potential buyer to look at Howard's farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alice compare Howard to her father?
2. Why is the lunch between Theresa and Alice so awkward?
3. How does Alice describe jail and why is it so difficult for her?
4. How do Howard and the girls prepare to move out of the farmhouse?
5. What is Theresa's view on mercy at this point in her life?
6. What is the purpose of the interviews conducted with Alice's daughters and the Child Welfare Office?
7. What does Theresa tell Howard regarding her feelings about her and her life with Dan now?
8. How does Alice feel about Rafferty's plans for her and for the trial?
9. What are the details of Howard's sale of the farm and how much does he accept for its purchase?
10. How does the sale of the farm affect both Howard and Alice?
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)