|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Howard accept for the farm?
2. In what religion did Theresa grow up?
3. Who helps Howard with the girls and provides dinner in the evenings?
(d) Miss Bowman.
4. Alice does NOT suffer a huge lack of __________ while in jail.
5. What is the name of Howard's dairy museum?
(a) The State Dairy Museum.
(b) The Dairy Shrine Museum.
(c) Wisconsin Dairy Museum.
(d) The Moo-seum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard and the girls move into a townhouse at _____________________.
2. What does Alice do when she sees the girls in the jail?
3. Where does Howard begin to have his lunches?
4. About what does Theresa cry in Howard's arms?
5. Who insists on interviewing Alice's daughters?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alice refer to her map of the world while describing her jail experience?
2. What does Theresa tell Howard regarding her feelings about her and her life with Dan now?
3. Why is the lunch between Theresa and Alice so awkward?
4. How do the girls adapt to "hobo life" as Howard calls their apartment adventure?
5. How does Alice describe jail and why is it so difficult for her?
6. How does Howard describe his state of confusion in Chapter 11?
7. What is the purpose of the interviews conducted with Alice's daughters and the Child Welfare Office?
8. What are the details of Howard's sale of the farm and how much does he accept for its purchase?
9. Describe Theresa's last night with Howard and the girls.
10. How is the Goodwin family's life in the apartment radically different from the farm where they belong?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)