|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Howard accept for the farm?
2. How does Robbie show in court the horrible things that Alice supposedly did to him?
(a) He uses a doll.
(b) He uses a poster.
(c) He uses paper dolls.
(d) He uses a picture in a book.
3. Howard recalls that his father threatened to _______________ if he got a woman pregnant.
(a) Kick him out.
(b) Disown him.
(c) Report him.
(d) Shoot him.
4. Who helps Howard with the girls and provides dinner in the evenings?
(d) Miss Bowman.
5. Why does Howard decide to take the girls to see Alice?
(a) It is family day at the jail.
(b) Alice has asked to see them.
(c) It is Claire's birthday.
(d) He has no one to watch them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Howard slaughter in Chapter 11?
2. Who will eventually be a major witness for the defense?
3. Howard concentrates on the life cycles of __________________.
4. Where do Howard and the girls find a place to live?
5. What does the judge order both sides in the trial to avoid mentioning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the details of Howard's sale of the farm and how much does he accept for its purchase?
2. What does Theresa tell Howard regarding her feelings about her and her life with Dan now?
3. How does Howard describe his state of confusion in Chapter 11?
4. What is Theresa's view on mercy at this point in her life?
5. What happens after Howard and the girls leave the jail and what does Howard bring up in a letter he writes to Alice?
6. What are Alice's thoughts about religion as she is locked up?
7. Describe Theresa's last night with Howard and the girls.
8. How do Howard and the girls prepare to move out of the farmhouse?
9. What is Theresa's response to Alice's arrest and what role will she probably play in Alice's defense?
10. What is Howard's interpretation of Alice's fleeing from the girls when they visit the jail for the first time?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)