|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Alice in jail?
2. Alice likens jail to ________________________.
(a) A bad college dorm.
(b) A summer camp she did not want to attend.
(c) Trick or Treating.
(d) Summer School.
3. How old is Robbie Mackessy?
4. How old is Alice's cell mate?
5. How does Robbie show in court the horrible things that Alice supposedly did to him?
(a) He uses a picture in a book.
(b) He uses paper dolls.
(c) He uses a doll.
(d) He uses a poster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Howard begin to have his lunches?
2. What does Howard leave at the house?
3. Howard recalls his father's moral of ____________________.
4. What is the name of Howard's dairy museum?
5. Who is the Assistant District Attorney in Alice's case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Alice's thoughts about religion as she is locked up?
2. Describe Theresa's last night with Howard and the girls.
3. How does Theresa add comfort to the lives of Howard and the girls at the same time that the farm is dying?
4. What does Theresa tell Howard regarding her feelings about her and her life with Dan now?
5. Why is the lunch between Theresa and Alice so awkward?
6. What is Alice's perspective on Nellie's so-called generosity?
7. How do the girls adapt to "hobo life" as Howard calls their apartment adventure?
8. What is Howard's perspective on the Goethe quote carved above the courthouse entrance?
9. How does the sale of the farm affect both Howard and Alice?
10. How does Alice describe jail and why is it so difficult for her?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)