|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Howard slaughter in Chapter 11?
2. Rafferty wants Alice to behave like which actress while in court?
(a) Meryl Streep.
(b) Lauren Bacall.
(c) Audrey Hepburn.
(d) Glenn Close.
3. Who is Theresa's remaining daughter?
4. What is the only constant TV program on during the week in jail?
(a) Wheel of Fortune.
(b) Law & Order.
5. Where is Emma now reluctant to go?
(c) The park.
(d) The mall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Assistant District Attorney in Alice's case?
2. What is the name of Howard's dairy museum?
3. What does Alice note about a bride she sees on the street?
4. Who is the Child Protection Services worker on Robbie's case?
5. Why does Howard decide to take the girls to see Alice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Goodwin family's life in the apartment radically different from the farm where they belong?
2. Why does Alice compare Howard to her father?
3. How does Theresa add comfort to the lives of Howard and the girls at the same time that the farm is dying?
4. What information is Howard able to give Rafferty about Alice's past as well as his own?
5. How does Alice feel about Rafferty's plans for her and for the trial?
6. What are Alice's thoughts about religion as she is locked up?
7. Describe Theresa's last night with Howard and the girls.
8. What is Theresa's response to Alice's arrest and what role will she probably play in Alice's defense?
9. What does Theresa tell Howard regarding her feelings about her and her life with Dan now?
10. How does Theresa compare court to church?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)