|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard wants to move as far away as Alaska or ___________________.
(b) New Zealand.
2. Which of the following is NOT something about court that Theresa compares to religion?
(a) There is an awful silence.
(b) There is a strict ritual.
(c) There is a lot of waiting.
(d) There is a lot of praying.
3. How old is Alice's cell mate?
4. What surgery does Alice have while in jail?
(a) Gallbladder surgery.
(b) Brain surgery.
(c) Heart surgery.
(d) Appendix surgery.
5. Who is Theresa's remaining daughter?
6. Rafferty enjoys an image of those he dislikes in court as _______________________.
(a) Being naked.
(b) Walking on hot coals.
(c) Being shot with BB guns.
(d) Floating down a tranquil river and hitting rocks.
7. What is Howard's state of mind in this section?
8. What is the weather like when Alice is released from jail?
9. Who insists on interviewing Alice's daughters?
(a) Child Welfare Office.
(b) Guardian ad litem.
(c) School Principal.
(d) District Attorney.
10. What is notable about Alice's face when she sees the girls?
(a) It is sad.
(b) It is pale.
(c) It is joyful.
(d) It is bruised.
11. Which real estate company does Howard call?
(a) Johnson Real Estate.
(b) Clark Realty, Inc.
(c) Big Valley Real Estate.
(d) Davis Realty.
12. Howard concentrates on the life cycles of __________________.
13. Howard recalls his father's moral of ____________________.
(a) Work Hard.
(b) Shame and Duty.
(c) Never Fight.
(d) Take the High Road.
14. Theresa faults her relatives for ________________________.
(a) Inappropriate behavior.
(c) Wanting vengeance on Alice.
(d) Bad genes.
15. Alice does NOT suffer a huge lack of __________ while in jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theresa tell Alice that she has done to save her own marriage?
2. Howard meditates on the impact of personality in history and cites Mikhail Gorbachev and __________________.
3. What does Howard do with the money from the sale of the farm?
4. Where do Howard and the girls find a place to live?
5. What is the only constant TV program on during the week in jail?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)