|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice note about a bride she sees on the street?
(a) She looks sad.
(b) She is very tall.
(c) She is radiant.
(d) She has missing teeth.
2. Howard meditates on the impact of personality in history and cites Mikhail Gorbachev and __________________.
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Margaret Thatcher.
(d) Richard Nixon.
3. What does Alice paint on the living room walls?
(c) Stop signs.
4. Theresa faults her relatives for ________________________.
(a) Wanting vengeance on Alice.
(b) Bad genes.
(d) Inappropriate behavior.
5. How old is Alice's cell mate?
6. Where do the girls want to live if Alice does not get out of jail?
(a) With Theresa.
(b) With Howard.
(c) With Miss Bowman.
(d) With Nellie.
7. Howard refers to The Gettysburg Address which was written by whom?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
8. Who helps Howard with the girls and provides dinner in the evenings?
(b) Miss Bowman.
9. Why is Alice mad at Theresa?
(a) She has stopped watching the girls.
(b) She is spreading rumors about her.
(c) She is sleeping with her husband.
(d) She has not come to see her.
10. In what religion did Theresa grow up?
11. Where does Howard begin to have his lunches?
(a) Theresa's house.
(c) A diner.
(d) The fields.
12. What is the only constant TV program on during the week in jail?
(a) Wheel of Fortune.
(d) Law & Order.
13. Who insists on interviewing Alice's daughters?
(a) Guardian ad litem.
(b) District Attorney.
(c) Child Welfare Office.
(d) School Principal.
14. What surgery does Alice have while in jail?
(a) Appendix surgery.
(b) Brain surgery.
(c) Heart surgery.
(d) Gallbladder surgery.
15. Where does Howard get a job?
(a) A lumberyard.
(b) The Motor Vehicle Registration Office.
(c) The Children's Services Office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alice's cell mate?
2. Rafferty intends to reveal Mrs. Mackessy as ________________.
3. How old is Robbie Mackessy?
4. What does the judge order both sides in the trial to avoid mentioning?
5. How does Robbie show in court the horrible things that Alice supposedly did to him?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)