|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medical procedure had Theresa had after Lizzy's birth?
(a) A tubal ligation.
(b) Plastic surgery.
(c) Colon cancer surgery.
(d) Gallbladder surgery.
2. In what city is Alice in jail?
3. What is Alice wearing when she sees the girls?
(a) A pink bandana.
(b) Pink slippers.
(c) A pink bracelet.
(d) Green jumpsuit.
4. What animal does Howard slaughter in Chapter 11?
5. Why does Howard collect rocks from the fields?
(a) To clear the fields for plowing.
(b) To reinforce a ditch.
(c) To make gravel.
(d) To build walls.
6. What is Howard doing when Theresa comes to the house?
(a) Cleaning Emma's stained T-shirt.
(b) Helping the girls with homework.
(c) Milking cows.
(d) Fixing supper.
7. Alice does NOT suffer a huge lack of __________ while in jail.
8. What is Howard's state of mind in this section?
9. Howard and the girls move into a townhouse at _____________________.
(a) Pheasant Glade.
(c) Washington Park.
(d) Governor's Square.
10. Howard wants to move as far away as Alaska or ___________________.
(a) New Zealand.
11. Howard meditates on the impact of personality in history and cites Mikhail Gorbachev and __________________.
(a) Margaret Thatcher.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
12. Where do the girls want to live if Alice does not get out of jail?
(a) With Miss Bowman.
(b) With Nellie.
(c) With Theresa.
(d) With Howard.
13. What do Howard and Alice buy for the girls on the way home from court?
14. Where does Howard get a job?
(a) The Children's Services Office.
(c) The Motor Vehicle Registration Office.
(d) A lumberyard.
15. With what natural disaster is Howard dealing during this time?
(c) Rainy season.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will eventually be a major witness for the defense?
2. Why is Alice so sad about the loss of the farm?
3. Where does Theresa ask Alice to go with her?
4. Alice is in fear of what _______________ could do to her.
5. About what does Theresa cry in Howard's arms?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)