|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard concentrates on the life cycles of __________________.
2. In what religion did Theresa grow up?
3. Why does Theresa feel guilty about Alice's arrest?
(a) She reinforced the lies of the children when questioned.
(b) She could have cleared everything up if she had been in town.
(c) She made a phone call to the sheriff's office about Alice.
(d) She planted the stories that the children tell about Alice.
4. What is Alice wearing when she sees the girls?
(a) Pink slippers.
(b) A pink bandana.
(c) A pink bracelet.
(d) Green jumpsuit.
5. What medical procedure had Theresa had after Lizzy's birth?
(a) Plastic surgery.
(b) Gallbladder surgery.
(c) Colon cancer surgery.
(d) A tubal ligation.
6. Rafferty intends to reveal Mrs. Mackessy as ________________.
(a) A saint.
(b) A homewrecker.
(c) A common slut.
(d) A wronged woman.
7. Howard recalls his father's moral of ____________________.
(a) Shame and Duty.
(b) Work Hard.
(c) Take the High Road.
(d) Never Fight.
8. With what natural disaster is Howard dealing during this time?
(c) Rainy season.
9. Who is the Child Protection Services worker on Robbie's case?
(a) Marlene Winner.
(b) Myra Flint.
(c) Marie Keaser.
(d) Mary Wilson.
10. Where does Howard get a job?
(a) The Children's Services Office.
(b) A lumberyard.
(c) The Motor Vehicle Registration Office.
11. Where do Howard, Alice and the girls stop on the way home from jail?
(d) A park.
12. How old is Robbie Mackessy?
13. Theresa faults her relatives for ________________________.
(b) Bad genes.
(c) Inappropriate behavior.
(d) Wanting vengeance on Alice.
14. What is Howard doing when Theresa comes to the house?
(a) Milking cows.
(b) Helping the girls with homework.
(c) Cleaning Emma's stained T-shirt.
(d) Fixing supper.
15. What is Howard's state of mind in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alice mad at Theresa?
2. What does Alice note about a bride she sees on the street?
3. What do Howard and Alice buy for the girls on the way home from court?
4. Rafferty wants Alice to behave like which actress while in court?
5. Which of the following is NOT something about court that Theresa compares to religion?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)