|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice's trial is set for which month?
2. Whom do Howard and the girls see on the way home from the jail?
(a) Miss Bowman.
(b) A man begging for food by the highway.
(c) Theresa and Audrey.
3. Where does Howard get a job?
(a) A lumberyard.
(b) The Motor Vehicle Registration Office.
(c) The Children's Services Office.
4. What is the only constant TV program on during the week in jail?
(a) Wheel of Fortune.
(b) Law & Order.
5. What does Howard leave at the house?
(b) A chest of historical items.
(c) Washer and dryer.
(d) Stamp collection.
6. Who is Alice's cell mate?
(a) Dana Myers.
(b) Debbie Clark.
(c) Dolores Sanchez.
(d) Dee Dee Morton.
7. About what does Theresa cry in Howard's arms?
(a) Her job loss.
(b) Lizzy's burial.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) Her divorce.
8. What does Howard do with the money from the sale of the farm?
(a) Buys another farm.
(b) Moves to California.
(c) Bails out Alice.
(d) Buys a new tractor.
9. What is Howard doing when Theresa comes to the house?
(a) Helping the girls with homework.
(b) Fixing supper.
(c) Milking cows.
(d) Cleaning Emma's stained T-shirt.
10. Rafferty wants Alice to behave like which actress while in court?
(a) Audrey Hepburn.
(b) Lauren Bacall.
(c) Meryl Streep.
(d) Glenn Close.
11. Where does Howard begin to have his lunches?
(a) The fields.
(b) A diner.
(c) Theresa's house.
12. In what city is Alice in jail?
13. Who insists on interviewing Alice's daughters?
(a) School Principal.
(b) Child Welfare Office.
(c) District Attorney.
(d) Guardian ad litem.
14. Where does Theresa ask Alice to go with her?
(a) To lunch.
(b) To the mall.
(c) To a museum.
(d) To a concert.
15. What religion does Alice consider while in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the few adults, other than Theresa, who has spoken to Howard this summer?
2. Alice is in fear of what _______________ could do to her.
3. To which Biblical person does Alice liken herself?
4. Where do the girls want to live if Alice does not get out of jail?
5. Alice is perceived as a ________________ in prison.
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)