|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice's trial is set for which month?
2. Howard recalls that his father threatened to _______________ if he got a woman pregnant.
(a) Report him.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Kick him out.
(d) Disown him.
3. Alice likens jail to ________________________.
(a) Trick or Treating.
(b) Summer School.
(c) A bad college dorm.
(d) A summer camp she did not want to attend.
4. What is Howard doing when Theresa comes to the house?
(a) Fixing supper.
(b) Milking cows.
(c) Cleaning Emma's stained T-shirt.
(d) Helping the girls with homework.
5. What is Alice wearing when she sees the girls?
(a) Pink slippers.
(b) Green jumpsuit.
(c) A pink bandana.
(d) A pink bracelet.
6. In what city is Alice in jail?
7. Howard and the girls move into a townhouse at _____________________.
(b) Washington Park.
(c) Pheasant Glade.
(d) Governor's Square.
8. Rafferty enjoys an image of those he dislikes in court as _______________________.
(a) Being naked.
(b) Floating down a tranquil river and hitting rocks.
(c) Being shot with BB guns.
(d) Walking on hot coals.
9. Whom do Howard and the girls see on the way home from the jail?
(a) Theresa and Audrey.
(b) Miss Bowman.
(d) A man begging for food by the highway.
10. Who is the real estate agent who comes to view Howard's farm?
(a) Betty Sanderson.
(b) Alice Meyerson.
(c) Sandy Brickman.
(d) Joanne Grieshop.
11. What is ruining Howard's farm?
(b) No fertilizers.
(d) Lack of money.
12. To which Biblical person does Alice liken herself?
(a) John the Baptist.
13. Howard describes a quote by ________________ which is carved over the courthouse entrance.
14. What does Alice hear a lot while in jail?
(d) Racial insults.
15. Where do Howard, Alice and the girls stop on the way home from jail?
(d) A park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Assistant District Attorney in Alice's case?
2. Where do the girls want to live if Alice does not get out of jail?
3. What does Alice do between meals in jail?
4. Who is one of the few adults, other than Theresa, who has spoken to Howard this summer?
5. Who helps Howard with the girls and provides dinner in the evenings?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)