|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Theresa ask Alice to go with her?
(a) To lunch.
(b) To a museum.
(c) To the mall.
(d) To a concert.
2. With what natural disaster is Howard dealing during this time?
(b) Rainy season.
3. What does Theresa tell Alice that she has done to save her own marriage?
(a) Planned a vacation.
(b) Works with Dan.
(c) Went to therapy.
(d) Tubal ligation reversal.
4. Howard recalls that his father threatened to _______________ if he got a woman pregnant.
(a) Kick him out.
(b) Disown him.
(c) Report him.
(d) Shoot him.
5. Who is Theresa's remaining daughter?
6. Howard meditates on the impact of personality in history and cites Mikhail Gorbachev and __________________.
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Margaret Thatcher.
7. Rafferty wants Alice to behave like which actress while in court?
(a) Glenn Close.
(b) Lauren Bacall.
(c) Audrey Hepburn.
(d) Meryl Streep.
8. Alice's trial is set for which month?
9. What is Alice wearing when she sees the girls?
(a) A pink bandana.
(b) Green jumpsuit.
(c) Pink slippers.
(d) A pink bracelet.
10. Where do the girls want to live if Alice does not get out of jail?
(a) With Nellie.
(b) With Miss Bowman.
(c) With Theresa.
(d) With Howard.
11. Rafferty intends to reveal Mrs. Mackessy as ________________.
(a) A homewrecker.
(b) A wronged woman.
(c) A saint.
(d) A common slut.
12. Where is Emma now reluctant to go?
(c) The park.
(d) The mall.
13. Who is the first potential buyer to look at Howard's farm?
(a) Mrs. Edward Reiman.
(b) Mrs. Arnold Reesman.
(c) Mr. Paul Shannon.
(d) Mrs. Phil Goranson.
14. What is Howard doing when Theresa comes to the house?
(a) Milking cows.
(b) Fixing supper.
(c) Helping the girls with homework.
(d) Cleaning Emma's stained T-shirt.
15. Where does Howard begin to have his lunches?
(a) The fields.
(c) Theresa's house.
(d) A diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard concentrates on the life cycles of __________________.
2. Who is the Assistant District Attorney in Alice's case?
3. What is the only constant TV program on during the week in jail?
4. The mention of Robbie's babysitter, ___________________, breaks the composure of Robbie and his mother.
5. Alice is in fear of what _______________ could do to her.
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)