|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice's trial is set for which month?
2. What is the only constant TV program on during the week in jail?
(a) Wheel of Fortune.
(d) Law & Order.
3. What medical procedure had Theresa had after Lizzy's birth?
(a) A tubal ligation.
(b) Plastic surgery.
(c) Colon cancer surgery.
(d) Gallbladder surgery.
4. Alice likens jail to ________________________.
(a) Trick or Treating.
(b) Summer School.
(c) A summer camp she did not want to attend.
(d) A bad college dorm.
5. How old is Alice's cell mate?
6. Who is the first potential buyer to look at Howard's farm?
(a) Mr. Paul Shannon.
(b) Mrs. Phil Goranson.
(c) Mrs. Arnold Reesman.
(d) Mrs. Edward Reiman.
7. Who is Theresa's remaining daughter?
8. Rafferty intends to reveal Mrs. Mackessy as ________________.
(a) A common slut.
(b) A homewrecker.
(c) A wronged woman.
(d) A saint.
9. Theresa faults her relatives for ________________________.
(b) Inappropriate behavior.
(c) Bad genes.
(d) Wanting vengeance on Alice.
10. Who is Alice's cell mate?
(a) Dana Myers.
(b) Debbie Clark.
(c) Dee Dee Morton.
(d) Dolores Sanchez.
11. Where does Howard begin to have his lunches?
(b) Theresa's house.
(c) A diner.
(d) The fields.
12. What does Alice hear a lot while in jail?
(a) Racial insults.
13. How does Robbie show in court the horrible things that Alice supposedly did to him?
(a) He uses paper dolls.
(b) He uses a doll.
(c) He uses a picture in a book.
(d) He uses a poster.
14. What does Alice do between meals in jail?
(a) Reads and sleeps.
(b) Writes letters and cries.
(c) Makes phone calls and watches TV.
(d) Reads and watches TV.
15. Whom do Howard and the girls see on the way home from the jail?
(b) A man begging for food by the highway.
(c) Theresa and Audrey.
(d) Miss Bowman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard describes a quote by ________________ which is carved over the courthouse entrance.
2. What animal does Howard slaughter in Chapter 11?
3. What do Howard and Alice buy for the girls on the way home from court?
4. Where do Howard, Alice and the girls stop on the way home from jail?
5. How much money does Howard accept for the farm?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)