|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Howard with the girls and provides dinner in the evenings?
(a) Miss Bowman.
2. Alice's trial is set for which month?
3. What color does Alice wear in court to appear vulnerable?
4. The mention of Robbie's babysitter, ___________________, breaks the composure of Robbie and his mother.
(a) Mrs. Jenkins.
(b) Miss Clark.
(c) Mrs. Ritenour.
(d) Mrs. Sheridan.
5. Who will eventually be a major witness for the defense?
(b) Miss Bowman.
6. Who insists on interviewing Alice's daughters?
(a) School Principal.
(b) Child Welfare Office.
(c) Guardian ad litem.
(d) District Attorney.
7. Rafferty enjoys an image of those he dislikes in court as _______________________.
(a) Floating down a tranquil river and hitting rocks.
(b) Being shot with BB guns.
(c) Being naked.
(d) Walking on hot coals.
8. With what natural disaster is Howard dealing during this time?
(b) Rainy season.
9. How does Robbie show in court the horrible things that Alice supposedly did to him?
(a) He uses a picture in a book.
(b) He uses paper dolls.
(c) He uses a poster.
(d) He uses a doll.
10. To what television program does Howard refer when discussing legal matters?
(a) Law & Order.
(b) Barney Miller.
(c) CSI: Miami.
(d) Perry Mason.
11. Rafferty intends to reveal Mrs. Mackessy as ________________.
(a) A saint.
(b) A homewrecker.
(c) A common slut.
(d) A wronged woman.
12. Who is the Assistant District Attorney in Alice's case?
(a) Janet Devor.
(b) Anne Mason.
(c) Susan Dirks.
(d) Melanie Dyer.
13. How old is Alice's cell mate?
14. Who is the first potential buyer to look at Howard's farm?
(a) Mrs. Edward Reiman.
(b) Mr. Paul Shannon.
(c) Mrs. Phil Goranson.
(d) Mrs. Arnold Reesman.
15. Why does Howard collect rocks from the fields?
(a) To build walls.
(b) To reinforce a ditch.
(c) To make gravel.
(d) To clear the fields for plowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Howard do with the money from the sale of the farm?
2. In what religion did Theresa grow up?
3. Who is one of the few adults, other than Theresa, who has spoken to Howard this summer?
4. What does Alice hear a lot while in jail?
5. Why is Alice mad at Theresa?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)