|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dan do to avoid thinking about Lizzy?
2. Where do the girls want to live if Alice does not get out of jail?
(a) With Nellie.
(b) With Howard.
(c) With Theresa.
(d) With Miss Bowman.
3. What is Howard's state of mind in this section?
4. Rafferty intends to reveal Mrs. Mackessy as ________________.
(a) A homewrecker.
(b) A wronged woman.
(c) A common slut.
(d) A saint.
5. Howard concentrates on the life cycles of __________________.
6. Howard describes a quote by ________________ which is carved over the courthouse entrance.
7. Where does Theresa ask Alice to go with her?
(a) To lunch.
(b) To a concert.
(c) To a museum.
(d) To the mall.
8. What do Howard and Alice buy for the girls on the way home from court?
9. What is the name of Howard's dairy museum?
(a) The Dairy Shrine Museum.
(b) The Moo-seum.
(c) The State Dairy Museum.
(d) Wisconsin Dairy Museum.
10. What animal does Howard slaughter in Chapter 11?
11. What color does Alice wear in court to appear vulnerable?
12. Why does Howard collect rocks from the fields?
(a) To reinforce a ditch.
(b) To clear the fields for plowing.
(c) To build walls.
(d) To make gravel.
13. To which Biblical person does Alice liken herself?
(c) John the Baptist.
14. In what religion did Theresa grow up?
15. Who is the first potential buyer to look at Howard's farm?
(a) Mrs. Phil Goranson.
(b) Mrs. Arnold Reesman.
(c) Mr. Paul Shannon.
(d) Mrs. Edward Reiman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is Alice in jail?
2. Alice is in fear of what _______________ could do to her.
3. What does Alice do between meals in jail?
4. What religion does Alice consider while in prison?
5. Howard meditates on the impact of personality in history and cites Mikhail Gorbachev and __________________.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)