|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the real estate agent who comes to view Howard's farm?
(a) Sandy Brickman.
(b) Betty Sanderson.
(c) Joanne Grieshop.
(d) Alice Meyerson.
2. The mention of Robbie's babysitter, ___________________, breaks the composure of Robbie and his mother.
(a) Mrs. Jenkins.
(b) Miss Clark.
(c) Mrs. Sheridan.
(d) Mrs. Ritenour.
3. What is Howard's state of mind in this section?
4. Who is the Assistant District Attorney in Alice's case?
(a) Melanie Dyer.
(b) Susan Dirks.
(c) Anne Mason.
(d) Janet Devor.
5. Howard refers to The Gettysburg Address which was written by whom?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
6. To what television program does Howard refer when discussing legal matters?
(a) Law & Order.
(b) Perry Mason.
(c) Barney Miller.
(d) CSI: Miami.
7. What is Howard doing when Theresa comes to the house?
(a) Fixing supper.
(b) Cleaning Emma's stained T-shirt.
(c) Milking cows.
(d) Helping the girls with homework.
8. What do Howard and Alice buy for the girls on the way home from court?
9. Why does Howard collect rocks from the fields?
(a) To make gravel.
(b) To build walls.
(c) To clear the fields for plowing.
(d) To reinforce a ditch.
10. Who is Alice's cell mate?
(a) Dee Dee Morton.
(b) Debbie Clark.
(c) Dana Myers.
(d) Dolores Sanchez.
11. What does Dan do to avoid thinking about Lizzy?
12. Howard and the girls move into a townhouse at _____________________.
(a) Pheasant Glade.
(b) Washington Park.
(c) Governor's Square.
13. How old is Robbie Mackessy?
14. Why is Alice mad at Theresa?
(a) She is sleeping with her husband.
(b) She has stopped watching the girls.
(c) She is spreading rumors about her.
(d) She has not come to see her.
15. Howard meditates on the impact of personality in history and cites Mikhail Gorbachev and __________________.
(a) Margaret Thatcher.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice paint on the living room walls?
2. Alice does NOT suffer a huge lack of __________ while in jail.
3. With what natural disaster is Howard dealing during this time?
4. Where does Howard begin to have his lunches?
5. Howard recalls his father's moral of ____________________.
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)