|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first potential buyer to look at Howard's farm?
(a) Mrs. Arnold Reesman.
(b) Mr. Paul Shannon.
(c) Mrs. Phil Goranson.
(d) Mrs. Edward Reiman.
2. Howard and the girls move into a townhouse at _____________________.
(b) Governor's Square.
(c) Pheasant Glade.
(d) Washington Park.
3. Howard recalls that his father threatened to _______________ if he got a woman pregnant.
(a) Disown him.
(b) Kick him out.
(c) Report him.
(d) Shoot him.
4. Theresa faults her relatives for ________________________.
(a) Inappropriate behavior.
(b) Wanting vengeance on Alice.
(c) Bad genes.
5. Which of the following is NOT a topic Howard puts in his letter to Alice?
(a) He is in love with Theresa.
(b) Emma cannot start kindergarten.
(c) They are blackballed by babysitters.
(d) He wants to sell the farm.
6. Who will eventually be a major witness for the defense?
(c) Miss Bowman.
7. Alice is perceived as a ________________ in prison.
8. Who insists on interviewing Alice's daughters?
(a) Guardian ad litem.
(b) School Principal.
(c) Child Welfare Office.
(d) District Attorney.
9. How does Robbie show in court the horrible things that Alice supposedly did to him?
(a) He uses a poster.
(b) He uses a picture in a book.
(c) He uses paper dolls.
(d) He uses a doll.
10. What is the weather like when Alice is released from jail?
11. What is the only constant TV program on during the week in jail?
(b) Law & Order.
(c) Wheel of Fortune.
12. Rafferty enjoys an image of those he dislikes in court as _______________________.
(a) Floating down a tranquil river and hitting rocks.
(b) Walking on hot coals.
(c) Being shot with BB guns.
(d) Being naked.
13. What animal does Howard slaughter in Chapter 11?
14. Alice's trial is set for which month?
15. What medical procedure had Theresa had after Lizzy's birth?
(a) Gallbladder surgery.
(b) A tubal ligation.
(c) Plastic surgery.
(d) Colon cancer surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard describes a quote by ________________ which is carved over the courthouse entrance.
2. Howard refers to The Gettysburg Address which was written by whom?
3. Howard recalls his father's moral of ____________________.
4. Where is Emma now reluctant to go?
5. What does Alice do when she sees the girls in the jail?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)