|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Howard and Alice buy for the girls on the way home from court?
2. What does Alice hear a lot while in jail?
(b) Racial insults.
3. In what city is Alice in jail?
4. Alice is perceived as a ________________ in prison.
5. Howard recalls his father's moral of ____________________.
(a) Work Hard.
(b) Shame and Duty.
(c) Take the High Road.
(d) Never Fight.
6. What does Dan do to avoid thinking about Lizzy?
7. Who is the real estate agent who comes to view Howard's farm?
(a) Betty Sanderson.
(b) Joanne Grieshop.
(c) Alice Meyerson.
(d) Sandy Brickman.
8. What surgery does Alice have while in jail?
(a) Brain surgery.
(b) Gallbladder surgery.
(c) Heart surgery.
(d) Appendix surgery.
9. What is the weather like when Alice is released from jail?
10. What does the judge order both sides in the trial to avoid mentioning?
(b) Alice's surgery.
(d) The sale of the farm.
11. With what natural disaster is Howard dealing during this time?
(d) Rainy season.
12. Why does Howard decide to take the girls to see Alice?
(a) Alice has asked to see them.
(b) It is family day at the jail.
(c) He has no one to watch them.
(d) It is Claire's birthday.
13. What does Alice note about a bride she sees on the street?
(a) She looks sad.
(b) She has missing teeth.
(c) She is radiant.
(d) She is very tall.
14. To which Biblical person does Alice liken herself?
(a) John the Baptist.
15. Howard concentrates on the life cycles of __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard refers to The Gettysburg Address which was written by whom?
2. Where do Howard and the girls find a place to live?
3. Who is the Child Protection Services worker on Robbie's case?
4. Rafferty intends to reveal Mrs. Mackessy as ________________.
5. To what television program does Howard refer when discussing legal matters?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)