|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Howard slaughter in Chapter 11?
2. Where do Howard, Alice and the girls stop on the way home from jail?
(a) A park.
3. Which of the following is NOT a topic Howard puts in his letter to Alice?
(a) He wants to sell the farm.
(b) He is in love with Theresa.
(c) Emma cannot start kindergarten.
(d) They are blackballed by babysitters.
4. Which of the following is NOT something about court that Theresa compares to religion?
(a) There is an awful silence.
(b) There is a strict ritual.
(c) There is a lot of waiting.
(d) There is a lot of praying.
5. How much money does Howard accept for the farm?
6. Theresa faults her relatives for ________________________.
(a) Bad genes.
(c) Wanting vengeance on Alice.
(d) Inappropriate behavior.
7. Which real estate company does Howard call?
(a) Clark Realty, Inc.
(b) Davis Realty.
(c) Johnson Real Estate.
(d) Big Valley Real Estate.
8. Alice does NOT suffer a huge lack of __________ while in jail.
9. Who is the real estate agent who comes to view Howard's farm?
(a) Sandy Brickman.
(b) Joanne Grieshop.
(c) Betty Sanderson.
(d) Alice Meyerson.
10. Why does Theresa feel guilty about Alice's arrest?
(a) She reinforced the lies of the children when questioned.
(b) She could have cleared everything up if she had been in town.
(c) She planted the stories that the children tell about Alice.
(d) She made a phone call to the sheriff's office about Alice.
11. Howard refers to The Gettysburg Address which was written by whom?
(a) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) George Washington.
12. Rafferty enjoys an image of those he dislikes in court as _______________________.
(a) Floating down a tranquil river and hitting rocks.
(b) Being shot with BB guns.
(c) Walking on hot coals.
(d) Being naked.
13. Why does Howard collect rocks from the fields?
(a) To build walls.
(b) To make gravel.
(c) To clear the fields for plowing.
(d) To reinforce a ditch.
14. What does Howard do with the money from the sale of the farm?
(a) Buys another farm.
(b) Buys a new tractor.
(c) Moves to California.
(d) Bails out Alice.
15. Why does Howard decide to take the girls to see Alice?
(a) It is Claire's birthday.
(b) Alice has asked to see them.
(c) It is family day at the jail.
(d) He has no one to watch them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Robbie show in court the horrible things that Alice supposedly did to him?
2. What does Alice note about a bride she sees on the street?
3. What is Howard doing when Theresa comes to the house?
4. What is notable about Alice's face when she sees the girls?
5. Howard concentrates on the life cycles of __________________.
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)