|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice hear a lot while in jail?
(d) Racial insults.
2. Theresa faults her relatives for ________________________.
(a) Wanting vengeance on Alice.
(c) Bad genes.
(d) Inappropriate behavior.
3. What do Howard and Alice buy for the girls on the way home from court?
4. Howard recalls his father's moral of ____________________.
(a) Shame and Duty.
(b) Never Fight.
(c) Work Hard.
(d) Take the High Road.
5. Where does Howard begin to have his lunches?
(a) A diner.
(c) The fields.
(d) Theresa's house.
6. Where does Howard get a job?
(a) The Motor Vehicle Registration Office.
(b) A lumberyard.
(c) The Children's Services Office.
7. Rafferty intends to reveal Mrs. Mackessy as ________________.
(a) A wronged woman.
(b) A saint.
(c) A homewrecker.
(d) A common slut.
8. Howard recalls that his father threatened to _______________ if he got a woman pregnant.
(a) Disown him.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Report him.
(d) Kick him out.
9. Where do Howard, Alice and the girls stop on the way home from jail?
(d) A park.
10. Howard meditates on the impact of personality in history and cites Mikhail Gorbachev and __________________.
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Margaret Thatcher.
(d) Richard Nixon.
11. Where do Howard and the girls find a place to live?
(b) Spring Grove.
12. How much money does Howard accept for the farm?
13. In what city is Alice in jail?
14. In what religion did Theresa grow up?
15. Rafferty wants Alice to behave like which actress while in court?
(a) Meryl Streep.
(b) Audrey Hepburn.
(c) Lauren Bacall.
(d) Glenn Close.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Theresa tell Alice that she has done to save her own marriage?
2. What is Alice wearing when she sees the girls?
3. What is ruining Howard's farm?
4. To which Biblical person does Alice liken herself?
5. Who is the Child Protection Services worker on Robbie's case?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)