|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Howard with the girls and provides dinner in the evenings?
(b) Miss Bowman.
2. Rafferty wants Alice to behave like which actress while in court?
(a) Audrey Hepburn.
(b) Meryl Streep.
(c) Glenn Close.
(d) Lauren Bacall.
3. Which real estate company does Howard call?
(a) Johnson Real Estate.
(b) Clark Realty, Inc.
(c) Davis Realty.
(d) Big Valley Real Estate.
4. What is the weather like when Alice is released from jail?
5. In what city is Alice in jail?
6. Howard concentrates on the life cycles of __________________.
7. How much money does Howard accept for the farm?
8. What does Alice do when she sees the girls in the jail?
9. Theresa faults her relatives for ________________________.
(a) Inappropriate behavior.
(b) Wanting vengeance on Alice.
(c) Bad genes.
10. What does Howard do with the money from the sale of the farm?
(a) Buys a new tractor.
(b) Buys another farm.
(c) Moves to California.
(d) Bails out Alice.
11. What does Alice paint on the living room walls?
(b) Stop signs.
12. Howard recalls his father's moral of ____________________.
(a) Shame and Duty.
(b) Work Hard.
(c) Never Fight.
(d) Take the High Road.
13. Which of the following is NOT a topic Howard puts in his letter to Alice?
(a) They are blackballed by babysitters.
(b) Emma cannot start kindergarten.
(c) He wants to sell the farm.
(d) He is in love with Theresa.
14. Why is Alice mad at Theresa?
(a) She has not come to see her.
(b) She is spreading rumors about her.
(c) She is sleeping with her husband.
(d) She has stopped watching the girls.
15. Howard wants to move as far away as Alaska or ___________________.
(a) New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the girls want to live if Alice does not get out of jail?
2. Who is Theresa's remaining daughter?
3. Howard refers to The Gettysburg Address which was written by whom?
4. Where does Howard begin to have his lunches?
5. What is ruining Howard's farm?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)