|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howard leave at the house?
(a) Stamp collection.
(c) Washer and dryer.
(d) A chest of historical items.
2. Alice likens jail to ________________________.
(a) Trick or Treating.
(b) A bad college dorm.
(c) A summer camp she did not want to attend.
(d) Summer School.
3. In what city is Alice in jail?
4. What is the only constant TV program on during the week in jail?
(b) Law & Order.
(c) Wheel of Fortune.
5. The mention of Robbie's babysitter, ___________________, breaks the composure of Robbie and his mother.
(a) Mrs. Ritenour.
(b) Mrs. Sheridan.
(c) Miss Clark.
(d) Mrs. Jenkins.
6. To what television program does Howard refer when discussing legal matters?
(a) Law & Order.
(b) Barney Miller.
(c) Perry Mason.
(d) CSI: Miami.
7. Why is Alice mad at Theresa?
(a) She is sleeping with her husband.
(b) She has not come to see her.
(c) She is spreading rumors about her.
(d) She has stopped watching the girls.
8. Alice does NOT suffer a huge lack of __________ while in jail.
9. Where is Emma now reluctant to go?
(a) The park.
(b) The mall.
10. Howard meditates on the impact of personality in history and cites Mikhail Gorbachev and __________________.
(a) Margaret Thatcher.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(d) Richard Nixon.
11. To which Biblical person does Alice liken herself?
(d) John the Baptist.
12. About what does Theresa cry in Howard's arms?
(a) Her mother's death.
(b) Her job loss.
(c) Lizzy's burial.
(d) Her divorce.
13. Howard wants to move as far away as Alaska or ___________________.
(a) New Zealand.
14. What is Alice wearing when she sees the girls?
(a) Pink slippers.
(b) A pink bracelet.
(c) A pink bandana.
(d) Green jumpsuit.
15. What does Alice do between meals in jail?
(a) Makes phone calls and watches TV.
(b) Reads and watches TV.
(c) Reads and sleeps.
(d) Writes letters and cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Assistant District Attorney in Alice's case?
2. Alice is in fear of what _______________ could do to her.
3. Where do Howard, Alice and the girls stop on the way home from jail?
4. What does the judge order both sides in the trial to avoid mentioning?
5. Who is the real estate agent who comes to view Howard's farm?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)