|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice do between meals in jail?
(a) Reads and sleeps.
(b) Reads and watches TV.
(c) Makes phone calls and watches TV.
(d) Writes letters and cries.
2. Who will eventually be a major witness for the defense?
(a) Miss Bowman.
3. Howard describes a quote by ________________ which is carved over the courthouse entrance.
4. To which Biblical person does Alice liken herself?
(b) John the Baptist.
5. Who insists on interviewing Alice's daughters?
(a) Child Welfare Office.
(b) School Principal.
(c) Guardian ad litem.
(d) District Attorney.
6. Theresa faults her relatives for ________________________.
(b) Wanting vengeance on Alice.
(c) Inappropriate behavior.
(d) Bad genes.
7. What religion does Alice consider while in prison?
8. Rafferty intends to reveal Mrs. Mackessy as ________________.
(a) A wronged woman.
(b) A saint.
(c) A homewrecker.
(d) A common slut.
9. Where is Emma now reluctant to go?
(b) The mall.
(d) The park.
10. Which of the following is NOT a topic Howard puts in his letter to Alice?
(a) He wants to sell the farm.
(b) He is in love with Theresa.
(c) They are blackballed by babysitters.
(d) Emma cannot start kindergarten.
11. Where do Howard and the girls find a place to live?
(a) Spring Grove.
12. What surgery does Alice have while in jail?
(a) Brain surgery.
(b) Appendix surgery.
(c) Heart surgery.
(d) Gallbladder surgery.
13. How does Robbie show in court the horrible things that Alice supposedly did to him?
(a) He uses a doll.
(b) He uses a poster.
(c) He uses paper dolls.
(d) He uses a picture in a book.
14. What does Alice note about a bride she sees on the street?
(a) She is radiant.
(b) She is very tall.
(c) She looks sad.
(d) She has missing teeth.
15. Why does Howard collect rocks from the fields?
(a) To build walls.
(b) To reinforce a ditch.
(c) To clear the fields for plowing.
(d) To make gravel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice do when she sees the girls in the jail?
2. The mention of Robbie's babysitter, ___________________, breaks the composure of Robbie and his mother.
3. What does Howard leave at the house?
4. Who is the first potential buyer to look at Howard's farm?
5. What does Howard do with the money from the sale of the farm?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)