|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, "A Sappy Woman from Ypsilanti".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Kurt, what are the arts?
(a) 'A way to make your soul grow.'
(b) 'A way of making life more bearable.'
(c) 'Not a way to make a living.'
(d) All of the above.
2. Who built the first automobile powered by an internal combustion engine?
(a) Ferdinand Redtenbacher.
(b) Wilhelm Maybach.
(c) Gottlieb Daimler.
(d) Karl Benz.
3. What is it improper to do to a soldier when he returns home?
(a) Refer to him as a soldier.
(b) Show him a war movie.
(c) Give him flowers.
(d) Ask him what he saw.
4. What city did Kurt see the destruction of first-hand?
(a) New York.
5. What does 'endogamous' mean?
(a) Marrying within one's own social group.
(b) Adept at business.
(c) Lazy, dishonest, and entitled.
(d) Mistrustful of immigrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a 'humiliating, shameful, blood-soaked year?'
2. What does PP stand for?
3. What does Kurt try not to do when he's being funny?
4. At the time of writing, what is the only way to learn what is going on?
5. When did Mark Twain write "The Mysterious Stranger?"
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)