|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, "A Sappy Woman from Ypsilanti".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a 'humiliating, shameful, blood-soaked year?'
2. What do vocal Christians demand be posted in public buildings?
(b) The Ten Commandments.
(c) The Sermon on the Mount.
(d) Signs that say 'Christians only.'
3. Why did Kurt have to talk to a cop?
(a) He lost his cantaloupe.
(b) His car was stolen.
(c) He was mugged.
(d) His pocket was picked.
4. What type of bird are Kurt and his typist trying to attract?
(a) Mourning Doves.
5. What does Kurt think Shakespeare did not believe in?
(a) Absolute truth.
(b) Heaven or Hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story is Kurt describing when he calls it 'one of the most popular stories ever told?'
2. What does Freud call laughless jokes?
3. How have humans destroyed the planet?
4. What was the first novel ever to be written using a typewriter?
5. What word does Kurt use to describe today's 'corporate oligarchs?'
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)