Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Hezekiah is arrested, what do the trucks take away?
2. Who arrives at the Samalu house the day after Odili meets with Chief Nanga?
3. With whom does Odili, in his letter, say Edna can satisfy herself with if Chief Nanga is unable?
4. Where is Edna's mother when Odili first arrives at her house?
5. What does Odili hope to accomplish through his political activities?
Essay Topic 1
Parallel to the story and Odili's sudden turn, Chief Nanga and Maxwell Kulamo both exercise significant influence over the activities and thinking of Odili. Compare and contrast the two political leaders. How are they alike? How do they differ? How does each influence Odili? What makes them good politicians?
Essay Topic 2
The CPC announces that it must avoid being branded communist. Why does it want to avoid such? What ideals does it nonetheless hold? What names are mentioned in members' conversations? Do such ideals seem a practical resolution to the problems facing Nigeria? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In "A Man of the People," the love that blooms between Odili and Edna transforms both their lives. Analyze this theme. How does it develop? What actions create the changes?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)