Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Hezekiah is arrested, what do the trucks take away?
2. Who arrives at the Samalu house the day after Odili meets with Chief Nanga?
3. With whom does Odili, in his letter, say Edna can satisfy herself with if Chief Nanga is unable?
4. Where is Edna's mother when Odili first arrives at her house?
5. What does Odili hope to accomplish through his political activities?
Essay Topic 1
A major theme that runs throughout "A Man of the People" is the importance and perception of education. Discuss how education factors into the plot of the story: How does it affect the characters' dispositions? Does it have an influence on their political ideologies? What is the overall tone of the book toward education?
Essay Topic 2
In "A Man of the People," the love that blooms between Odili and Edna transforms both their lives. Analyze this theme. How does it develop? What actions create the changes?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the story, it is unveiled that starting a democracy is a difficult process. Analyze these difficulties as they are presented in the text. Are they due largely to a lack of education? Of what kind of education? Are there any good suggestions as to how to fix the problems in the country?
This section contains 1,270 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)