Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Hezekiah is arrested, what do the trucks take away?
2. Who arrives at the Samalu house the day after Odili meets with Chief Nanga?
3. With whom does Odili, in his letter, say Edna can satisfy herself with if Chief Nanga is unable?
4. Where is Edna's mother when Odili first arrives at her house?
5. What does Odili hope to accomplish through his political activities?
At the end of the story, it is said that Maxwell Kulamo is a martyr. Analyze this statement. For what was he a martyr? How does his martyrdom advance this cause? Other than his death, what other events in the story reaffirm his status as a martyr?
Alone of all the political characters in the story, Odili rejects every sort of political corruption. Explicate and analyze this severe contrast between the absolute idealism of Odili, the absolute corruption and self-interest of Chief Nanga, and the practical abuse of corrupt individuals by Maxwell. Who is the most morally persuasive of the characters, and why?
Parallel to the story and Odili's sudden turn, Chief Nanga and Maxwell Kulamo both exercise significant influence over the activities and thinking of Odili. Compare and contrast the two political leaders. How are they alike? How do they differ? How does each influence Odili? What makes them good politicians?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)