|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Edna's mother when Odili first arrives at her house?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The bedroom.
(d) The church.
2. How much does Chief Nanga say Maxwell has taken in bribes?
(a) 4,000 pounds.
(b) 250 pounds.
(c) 650 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
3. In what way will the new political party differ from the old parties, according to Maxwell?
(a) They will operate cleanly.
(b) Their candidates will have better educations and speeches.
(c) They will spend more on the military.
(d) They will have more money.
4. What is the title of the poem Maxwell shows Odili?
(a) "Dance-Offering to the Earth-Mother."
(b) "Dance of the People of the Earth."
(c) "The Lady of Shalott."
(d) "Mother-Earth's Offering to Man."
5. What does Odili do after awaking at 4 a.m.?
(a) Reads the newspaper.
(b) Wanders the streets of Bori.
(c) Kicks Elsie out of the house in tears.
(d) Takes the bus back to Anata.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what weapon does Odo threaten Odili on his visit to Edna's house in Chapter 10?
2. How much money does Maxwell say the POP has received from British Amalgamated?
3. Why will Mrs. Nanga not accompany her husband to the United States?
4. Which two men ask Chief Nanga for a copy of his speech?
5. Why does Chief Nanga say he is offering Odili a bribe?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)