|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Odili decide to place his headquarters?
2. Where does Odili go after leaving Chief Nanga's house for the final time?
(a) His house in Urua.
(b) His house in Anata.
(c) Maxwell Kulamo's apartment.
(d) The Daily Chronicle's office.
3. With whom does the PAP reveal that the Minister of Foreign Trade has been illegitimately making a profit?
(a) Suleiman Wagada.
(b) Chief Nanga.
(c) British Amalgamated.
(d) The U.S. State Department.
4. After Hezekiah is arrested, what do the trucks take away?
(a) Pipes for the Rural Water Scheme.
(b) Part of the Samalu compound.
(c) All of the Samalu furniture.
(d) Much of Urua's food supply.
5. Why will Mrs. Nanga not accompany her husband to the United States?
(a) She must manage the affairs of state in her husband's absence.
(b) She lacks education.
(c) She must stay with the children.
(d) Chief Nanga forbids her to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Odili, in his letter, say Edna can satisfy herself with if Chief Nanga is unable?
2. Who gives Odili directions to Edna's house?
3. How does Odili respond to Chief Nanga's bribe?
4. Why will Odili not retrieve Elsie in front of Chief Nanga?
5. Where is Edna's mother when Odili first arrives at her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Odili react to discovering that Elsie is sleeping with Chief Nanga?
2. What is the general tone of Mrs. Nanga in her first conversation with Odili's while in Anata, and why is that the tone?
3. What significant action does Edna take toward Odili at the end of Chapter 10, and why is it significant?
4. Describe the first impression given of Odo, Edna's father.
5. What is suggested by the revelation that a junior member of Parliament is also a founding member of the CPC?
6. Why do Boniface and the other bodyguards want 25 pounds, and why does Odili object?
7. In Chapter 10, how does Chief Nanga further expose his corruption regarding the office of Foreign Trade?
8. How does Odili interpret Edna's letter?
9. What characterizes Odili's interaction with Chief Nanga at the Samalu house?
10. Why is Couple's heckling of Maxwell effective?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)