|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Chief Nanga, Odili and Hezekiah meet?
(c) The Urua Grammar School.
(d) The Samalu house.
2. What does Odili do after awaking at 4 a.m.?
(a) Wanders the streets of Bori.
(b) Takes the bus back to Anata.
(c) Kicks Elsie out of the house in tears.
(d) Reads the newspaper.
3. In what way will the new political party differ from the old parties, according to Maxwell?
(a) They will have more money.
(b) They will operate cleanly.
(c) Their candidates will have better educations and speeches.
(d) They will spend more on the military.
4. Why has the crowd gathered in Anata when Odili returns from Bori?
(a) The senior tutor has not left the bar in four days.
(b) Josiah has been serving alcohol to children.
(c) Azoge, the blind beggar, has beaten Josiah.
(d) Josiah has stolen from Azoge, the blind beggar.
5. What do the placards carried by the Nangavanga accuse Odili of being?
(a) A traitor.
(d) A homosexual.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Odili initially plan on getting his revenge?
2. Against whom does Odili announce his candidacy?
3. How do the people treat Josiah after the incident at the bar?
4. What is the name of the political party formed in Chapter 8?
5. Why is Azoge's stick important to Josiah?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how does Chief Nanga further expose his corruption regarding the office of Foreign Trade?
2. How does Odili react to discovering that Elsie is sleeping with Chief Nanga?
3. How does Odili initially interpret Chief Nanga's order to move Elsie's bags into his absent wife's room?
4. What seems to be the likely reason that Edna becomes angry with Odili in Chapter 12?
5. Why do Boniface and the other bodyguards want 25 pounds, and why does Odili object?
6. What is revealed about Edna's character in the scene on the VIP porch?
7. What characterizes Odili's interaction with Chief Nanga at the Samalu house?
8. How does Odili interpret Edna's letter?
9. What worries Odili about owning a car and having a position of some prestige?
10. What sort of reception does Odili's political campaign receive in Anata?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)