|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chief Nanga say he is offering Odili a bribe?
(a) Chief Nanga wants Odili to come work for him.
(b) Chief Nanga wants Odili to stay away from Edna.
(c) Chief Nanga feels he deserves to be elected unopposed.
(d) Chief Nanga is frightened that Odili is making progress in the area.
2. Where does Odili go after leaving Chief Nanga's house for the final time?
(a) The Daily Chronicle's office.
(b) His house in Anata.
(c) Maxwell Kulamo's apartment.
(d) His house in Urua.
3. For what does PIV. stand?
(a) Protecting Inebriated Victims.
(b) Promising Instant Virility.
(c) People's Infantry Vanguard.
(d) Poor Innocent Victim.
4. Who arrives at the Samalu house the day after Odili meets with Chief Nanga?
(a) Maxwell and the CPC.
(b) Chief Kobino.
(d) Edna and her mother.
5. Why does Odili praise Edna's beauty and memory in English?
(a) To impress Odo.
(b) Because it is a more serious language.
(c) So Edna may know he is well-educated.
(d) So Odo will not understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Odili's view towards Edna changed by the start of Chapter 11?
2. Where is Edna's mother when Odili first arrives at her house?
3. What book does Odili think influenced Edna's letter?
4. Who heckles Maxwell during his speech in Chapter 12?
5. How much does Chief Nanga say Maxwell has taken in bribes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the confusion about why Couple is put in jail?
2. What characterizes Odili's arrival at his friend Maxwell's apartment?
3. Why is Couple's heckling of Maxwell effective?
4. What is the significance of the poem Maxwell wrote seven years ago?
5. What is Odili's concern about the founding of the new political party?
6. At what conclusion does Odili arrive after reflecting on the carpenter Timothy's statement?
7. Describe the situation with Chief Nanga and the editor of the Daily Matchet, including its significance.
8. What worries Odili about owning a car and having a position of some prestige?
9. What is revealed about Edna's character in the scene on the VIP porch?
10. What is the method of problem solving that Odili unconsciously employs while reconsidering his humiliation that occurred at the house of Chief Nanga?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)