|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who from Anata offers to join Odili's campaign?
(a) Andrew Kadibe.
2. Why does Chief Nanga say he is offering Odili a bribe?
(a) Chief Nanga feels he deserves to be elected unopposed.
(b) Chief Nanga is frightened that Odili is making progress in the area.
(c) Chief Nanga wants Odili to come work for him.
(d) Chief Nanga wants Odili to stay away from Edna.
3. Why does Odili not want to launch the local campaign at his father's house?
(a) His father is the local chairman of the POP.
(b) The compound is too small.
(c) The PAP is holding a rally nearby.
(d) His father's health is fragile.
4. What is the name of Odili's chief bodyguard?
5. When does Odili feel the full weight of his humiliation?
(a) The night after.
(b) As soon as he arrives at Maxwell's apartment.
(c) He never feels it.
(d) After Maxwell leaves for court.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Odili, in his letter, say Edna can satisfy herself with if Chief Nanga is unable?
2. What animals, after leaving the Odo house, ruin Odili's plan involving Edna?
3. How many girls does Chief Nanga promise Odili?
4. Which two men ask Chief Nanga for a copy of his speech?
5. Why is Azoge's stick important to Josiah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the general tone of Mrs. Nanga in her first conversation with Odili's while in Anata, and why is that the tone?
2. Describe the situation with Chief Nanga and the editor of the Daily Matchet, including its significance.
3. What is the method of problem solving that Odili unconsciously employs while reconsidering his humiliation that occurred at the house of Chief Nanga?
4. How does Odili interpret Edna's letter?
5. How does Odili react to discovering that Elsie is sleeping with Chief Nanga?
6. Describe the first impression given of Odo, Edna's father.
7. What sort of reception does Odili's political campaign receive in Anata?
8. What worries Odili about owning a car and having a position of some prestige?
9. What is Odili's concern about the founding of the new political party?
10. What is revealed about Edna's character in the scene on the VIP porch?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)