|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bodyguards does Odili hire altogether?
2. To what region does Odili agree to being assigned?
(a) The northeast.
(b) The west.
(c) The southwest.
(d) The southeast.
3. How many girls does Chief Nanga promise Odili?
4. What does Odili do after awaking at 4 a.m.?
(a) Takes the bus back to Anata.
(b) Wanders the streets of Bori.
(c) Kicks Elsie out of the house in tears.
(d) Reads the newspaper.
5. How do the people treat Josiah after the incident at the bar?
(a) They boycott him.
(b) They praise him.
(c) They go in fear of him.
(d) They treat him just the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the Samalu house the day after Odili meets with Chief Nanga?
2. For what does the radio announce Hezekiah was removed as local POP chairman?
3. Why has the crowd gathered in Anata when Odili returns from Bori?
4. For what does PIV. stand?
5. Where do Chief Nanga, Odili and Hezekiah meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Odili interpret Edna's letter?
2. What characterizes Odili's interaction with Chief Nanga at the Samalu house?
3. What is significant about Odili and Edna's bicycle crash?
4. What worries Odili about owning a car and having a position of some prestige?
5. What is revealed about Edna's character in the scene on the VIP porch?
6. Why do Boniface and the other bodyguards want 25 pounds, and why does Odili object?
7. Describe the situation with Chief Nanga and the editor of the Daily Matchet, including its significance.
8. What is Odili's concern about the founding of the new political party?
9. Why is Couple's heckling of Maxwell effective?
10. What significant action does Edna take toward Odili at the end of Chapter 10, and why is it significant?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)