|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Odili directions to Edna's house?
(b) Eddy Nanga.
(c) Mrs. Nanga.
2. Why has the crowd gathered in Anata when Odili returns from Bori?
(a) Josiah has stolen from Azoge, the blind beggar.
(b) Azoge, the blind beggar, has beaten Josiah.
(c) The senior tutor has not left the bar in four days.
(d) Josiah has been serving alcohol to children.
3. What does Odili do when he realizes that his host has shamed him?
(a) Weeps uncontrollably.
(b) Kicks in the door.
(c) Sets the house on fire.
(d) Packs his suitcases.
4. How much does Chief Nanga say Maxwell has taken in bribes?
(a) 250 pounds.
(b) 650 pounds.
(c) 4,000 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
5. What animals, after leaving the Odo house, ruin Odili's plan involving Edna?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maxwell's father's job?
2. How does Odili respond to Chief Nanga's bribe?
3. With what weapon does Odo threaten Odili on his visit to Edna's house in Chapter 10?
4. What do the placards carried by the Nangavanga accuse Odili of being?
5. What is the name of the political party formed in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Boniface and the other bodyguards want 25 pounds, and why does Odili object?
2. Why is Couple's heckling of Maxwell effective?
3. What sort of reception does Odili's political campaign receive in Anata?
4. What seems to be the likely reason that Edna becomes angry with Odili in Chapter 12?
5. What is significant about Odili and Edna's bicycle crash?
6. What significant action does Edna take toward Odili at the end of Chapter 10, and why is it significant?
7. What sort of abuses of power does Chief Nanga exercise in his campaign?
8. What worries Odili about owning a car and having a position of some prestige?
9. How does Odili initially interpret Chief Nanga's order to move Elsie's bags into his absent wife's room?
10. At what conclusion does Odili arrive after reflecting on the carpenter Timothy's statement?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)