|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Odili not retrieve Elsie in front of Chief Nanga?
(a) He does not want to offend the chief.
(b) He does not want her to appear promiscuous.
(c) He cannot get past the gate.
(d) He is embarrassed about his desire for Elsie.
2. What does Chief Nanga predict that Nigeria will soon produce?
(a) Free trade.
(b) A world-class author.
(c) A world-famous singer.
(d) A new form of government.
3. What surprising individual backs the new political party in Chapter 8?
(a) Principal Nwege.
(b) Mrs. Nanga.
(c) A junior member in the present government.
(d) Eddy, Chief Nanga's eldest son.
4. For what does PIV. stand?
(a) People's Infantry Vanguard.
(b) Poor Innocent Victim.
(c) Promising Instant Virility.
(d) Protecting Inebriated Victims.
5. Why does Chief Nanga give the editor rent money in Chapter 7?
(a) The chief borrowed money from the editor and owes him.
(b) They are old friends.
(c) The editor is Mrs. Nanga's brother.
(d) To prevent blackmail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odo call Odili's new car?
2. To what room in Chief Nanga's house are Elsie's bags taken?
3. What animals, after leaving the Odo house, ruin Odili's plan involving Edna?
4. In what way will the new political party differ from the old parties, according to Maxwell?
5. How do the people treat Josiah after the incident at the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the general tone of Mrs. Nanga in her first conversation with Odili's while in Anata, and why is that the tone?
2. What is the confusion about why Couple is put in jail?
3. What is revealed about Edna's character in the scene on the VIP porch?
4. In Chapter 10, how does Chief Nanga further expose his corruption regarding the office of Foreign Trade?
5. Why is Couple's heckling of Maxwell effective?
6. What sort of abuses of power does Chief Nanga exercise in his campaign?
7. Describe the first impression given of Odo, Edna's father.
8. How does Odili interpret Edna's letter?
9. What characterizes Odili's arrival at his friend Maxwell's apartment?
10. What characterizes Odili's interaction with Chief Nanga at the Samalu house?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)