|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what room in Chief Nanga's house are Elsie's bags taken?
(a) Chief Nanga's room.
(b) The guestroom.
(c) Odili's room.
(d) Mrs. Nanga's room.
2. What does Odo call Odili's new car?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A kolanut.
(c) A bug.
(d) A tortoise.
3. Why will Odili not retrieve Elsie in front of Chief Nanga?
(a) He does not want to offend the chief.
(b) He is embarrassed about his desire for Elsie.
(c) He cannot get past the gate.
(d) He does not want her to appear promiscuous.
4. With whom does Odili, in his letter, say Edna can satisfy herself with if Chief Nanga is unable?
(d) Chief Nanga's son.
5. Who is waiting for Odili outside Chief Nanga's house when he returns?
(a) The police.
(b) Chief Nanga.
(d) Mrs. Nanga.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the crowd gathered in Anata when Odili returns from Bori?
2. Where do Chief Nanga, Odili and Hezekiah meet?
3. After Hezekiah is arrested, what do the trucks take away?
4. When does Odili plan to see Edna again after his embarrassing accident?
5. Why does Mrs. Nanga feel pity for Edna?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the situation with Chief Nanga and the editor of the Daily Matchet, including its significance.
2. At what conclusion does Odili arrive after reflecting on the carpenter Timothy's statement?
3. How does Odili initially interpret Chief Nanga's order to move Elsie's bags into his absent wife's room?
4. What is the method of problem solving that Odili unconsciously employs while reconsidering his humiliation that occurred at the house of Chief Nanga?
5. What characterizes Odili's interaction with Chief Nanga at the Samalu house?
6. What is the general tone of Mrs. Nanga in her first conversation with Odili's while in Anata, and why is that the tone?
7. What is revealed about Edna's character in the scene on the VIP porch?
8. What is significant about Odili and Edna's bicycle crash?
9. In Chapter 10, how does Chief Nanga further expose his corruption regarding the office of Foreign Trade?
10. What sort of reception does Odili's political campaign receive in Anata?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)