|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals, after leaving the Odo house, ruin Odili's plan involving Edna?
2. How does Odili manage to talk to Edna alone in Chapter 9?
(a) He gives her father a small piece of gold.
(b) He tells her has an important message from Chief Nanga.
(c) He gives her a ride to the hospital.
(d) He invites her to Mrs. Nanga's house.
3. Why has the crowd gathered in Anata when Odili returns from Bori?
(a) Josiah has stolen from Azoge, the blind beggar.
(b) Azoge, the blind beggar, has beaten Josiah.
(c) The senior tutor has not left the bar in four days.
(d) Josiah has been serving alcohol to children.
4. Of what is Hezekiah convinced at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) That Chief Nanga will increase his offer.
(b) That Maxwell has taken a bribe.
(c) That Odili will change his mind.
(d) That Chief Nanga is going to send his thugs after them.
5. What is Maxwell's father's job?
(b) Anglican priest.
(c) Catholic lay missionary.
(d) Senior member in the POP.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Odili, in his letter, say Edna can satisfy herself with if Chief Nanga is unable?
2. Who arrives at the Samalu house the day after Odili meets with Chief Nanga?
3. What does Chief Nanga predict that Nigeria will soon produce?
4. What book does Odili think influenced Edna's letter?
5. Where does Odili decide to place his headquarters?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Odili initially interpret Chief Nanga's order to move Elsie's bags into his absent wife's room?
2. What is Odili's concern about the founding of the new political party?
3. What characterizes Odili's arrival at his friend Maxwell's apartment?
4. At what conclusion does Odili arrive after reflecting on the carpenter Timothy's statement?
5. How does Odili react to discovering that Elsie is sleeping with Chief Nanga?
6. How does Odili interpret Edna's letter?
7. What is revealed about Edna's character in the scene on the VIP porch?
8. What is significant about Odili and Edna's bicycle crash?
9. What sort of reception does Odili's political campaign receive in Anata?
10. What sort of abuses of power does Chief Nanga exercise in his campaign?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)