|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the immediate task of the new party in Chapter 8?
(a) To start a dialogue with the British.
(b) To win the next election.
(c) To record corruption in the government.
(d) To arm the people.
2. What does Odili hope to accomplish through his political activities?
(a) To win the election by a landslide and be appointed to the Cabinet.
(b) To win at least great fame for himself, so that he might become powerful.
(c) To be named Prime Minister.
(d) To unveil how corrupt Chief Nanga is and prevent his return to the Cabinet.
3. How much money does Maxwell say the POP has received from British Amalgamated?
(a) 100,000 pounds.
(b) 400,000 pounds.
(c) 75,000 pounds.
(d) 1,000,000 pounds.
4. Why does Chief Nanga give the editor rent money in Chapter 7?
(a) The chief borrowed money from the editor and owes him.
(b) They are old friends.
(c) To prevent blackmail.
(d) The editor is Mrs. Nanga's brother.
5. Who bars Odili from the school hall in Anata?
(a) Principal Nwege.
(b) Odo and Josiah.
(c) The Nangavanga.
(d) The military.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Hezekiah is arrested, what do the trucks take away?
2. How many floors does Chief Nanga's new house have?
3. What does Edna bring Odili to drink on the sun porch?
4. Which two men ask Chief Nanga for a copy of his speech?
5. For what does the radio announce Hezekiah was removed as local POP chairman?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)