|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Odili go after leaving Chief Nanga's house for the final time?
(a) His house in Urua.
(b) His house in Anata.
(c) Maxwell Kulamo's apartment.
(d) The Daily Chronicle's office.
2. Who from Anata offers to join Odili's campaign?
(d) Andrew Kadibe.
3. Against whom does Odili announce his candidacy?
(a) Chief Kobino.
(b) Chief Koko.
(c) Chief Wagada.
(d) Chief Nanga.
4. When does Odili plan to see Edna again after his embarrassing accident?
(a) Her birthday.
(b) Christmas morning.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Day.
5. Who is called the third vulture?
(a) The ACP.
(b) The CPC.
(c) The POP.
(d) The PAP.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hezekiah's chief motivation in politics?
2. Who arrives at the Samalu house the day after Odili meets with Chief Nanga?
3. How much does Chief Nanga say Maxwell has taken in bribes?
4. For what does PIV. stand?
5. How do the people treat Josiah after the incident at the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Odili interpret Edna's letter?
2. Why do Boniface and the other bodyguards want 25 pounds, and why does Odili object?
3. What is the method of problem solving that Odili unconsciously employs while reconsidering his humiliation that occurred at the house of Chief Nanga?
4. How does Odili react to discovering that Elsie is sleeping with Chief Nanga?
5. What is the confusion about why Couple is put in jail?
6. What is suggested by the revelation that a junior member of Parliament is also a founding member of the CPC?
7. What sort of abuses of power does Chief Nanga exercise in his campaign?
8. What characterizes Odili's interaction with Chief Nanga at the Samalu house?
9. In Chapter 10, how does Chief Nanga further expose his corruption regarding the office of Foreign Trade?
10. What is the general tone of Mrs. Nanga in her first conversation with Odili's while in Anata, and why is that the tone?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)