|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date does Odili return to Anata after first meeting with Maxwell and his friends?
(a) Dec. 25.
(b) Jan. 1.
(c) Dec. 23.
(d) Dec. 18.
2. What does Odili hope to accomplish through his political activities?
(a) To be named Prime Minister.
(b) To win the election by a landslide and be appointed to the Cabinet.
(c) To win at least great fame for himself, so that he might become powerful.
(d) To unveil how corrupt Chief Nanga is and prevent his return to the Cabinet.
3. Why does Chief Nanga give the editor rent money in Chapter 7?
(a) The chief borrowed money from the editor and owes him.
(b) To prevent blackmail.
(c) The editor is Mrs. Nanga's brother.
(d) They are old friends.
4. After the political turmoil begins, with how much money does Odili return to Anata?
(a) 600 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 250 pounds.
(d) 800 pounds.
5. Of what is Hezekiah convinced at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) That Chief Nanga will increase his offer.
(b) That Odili will change his mind.
(c) That Chief Nanga is going to send his thugs after them.
(d) That Maxwell has taken a bribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the radio announce Hezekiah was removed as local POP chairman?
2. What does Odili do after awaking at 4 a.m.?
3. Of Odili, Chief Nanga, and Elsie, who goes to bed first after dinner at Chief Nanga's house?
4. What do the placards carried by the Nangavanga accuse Odili of being?
5. Where is Edna's mother when Odili first arrives at her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how does Chief Nanga further expose his corruption regarding the office of Foreign Trade?
2. What is the confusion about why Couple is put in jail?
3. What is revealed about Edna's character in the scene on the VIP porch?
4. What characterizes Odili's arrival at his friend Maxwell's apartment?
5. At what conclusion does Odili arrive after reflecting on the carpenter Timothy's statement?
6. Describe the situation with Chief Nanga and the editor of the Daily Matchet, including its significance.
7. What worries Odili about owning a car and having a position of some prestige?
8. How does Odili interpret Edna's letter?
9. What significant action does Edna take toward Odili at the end of Chapter 10, and why is it significant?
10. What is significant about Odili and Edna's bicycle crash?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)