|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Odili manage to talk to Edna alone in Chapter 9?
(a) He tells her has an important message from Chief Nanga.
(b) He invites her to Mrs. Nanga's house.
(c) He gives her a ride to the hospital.
(d) He gives her father a small piece of gold.
2. Where does Odili go after leaving Chief Nanga's house for the final time?
(a) His house in Urua.
(b) His house in Anata.
(c) Maxwell Kulamo's apartment.
(d) The Daily Chronicle's office.
3. How do the people treat Josiah after the incident at the bar?
(a) They praise him.
(b) They treat him just the same.
(c) They boycott him.
(d) They go in fear of him.
4. What sort of force does Odili state that the paper Maxwell signed has?
(a) Political force.
(b) Legal force.
(c) Moral force.
(d) Ethical force.
5. To what room in Chief Nanga's house are Elsie's bags taken?
(a) Mrs. Nanga's room.
(b) Chief Nanga's room.
(c) The guestroom.
(d) Odili's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two men ask Chief Nanga for a copy of his speech?
2. What does Odo call Odili's new car?
3. How much does Chief Nanga say Maxwell has taken in bribes?
4. Why will Odili not retrieve Elsie in front of Chief Nanga?
5. What is Odili disappointed to find out about Maxwell at the Samalu house after the launching of the local campaign?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Odili's concern about the founding of the new political party?
2. Why do Boniface and the other bodyguards want 25 pounds, and why does Odili object?
3. What sort of abuses of power does Chief Nanga exercise in his campaign?
4. What is the significance of the poem Maxwell wrote seven years ago?
5. What is the method of problem solving that Odili unconsciously employs while reconsidering his humiliation that occurred at the house of Chief Nanga?
6. What is significant about Odili and Edna's bicycle crash?
7. Describe the first impression given of Odo, Edna's father.
8. How does Odili interpret Edna's letter?
9. What sort of reception does Odili's political campaign receive in Anata?
10. What is revealed about Edna's character in the scene on the VIP porch?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)