|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odo call Odili's new car?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A bug.
(c) A tortoise.
(d) A kolanut.
2. With whom does the PAP reveal that the Minister of Foreign Trade has been illegitimately making a profit?
(a) Chief Nanga.
(b) The U.S. State Department.
(c) British Amalgamated.
(d) Suleiman Wagada.
3. What is Maxwell's father's job?
(a) Senior member in the POP.
(b) Catholic lay missionary.
(d) Anglican priest.
4. What is the name of the political party formed in Chapter 8?
(a) The Common People's Convention.
(b) The Progressive Alliance Party.
(c) The Cultural Protection Committee.
(d) The Political Correctness Party.
5. Who arrives at the Samalu house the day after Odili meets with Chief Nanga?
(a) Edna and her mother.
(b) Maxwell and the CPC.
(c) Chief Kobino.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of force does Odili state that the paper Maxwell signed has?
2. Of Odili, Chief Nanga, and Elsie, who goes to bed first after dinner at Chief Nanga's house?
3. How does Edna react to seeing Odili after the launching of the campaign?
4. Why does Odili not want to launch the local campaign at his father's house?
5. How much is the bribe Chief Nanga offers Odili?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first impression given of Odo, Edna's father.
2. What is revealed about Edna's character in the scene on the VIP porch?
3. How does Odili react to discovering that Elsie is sleeping with Chief Nanga?
4. What is Odili's concern about the founding of the new political party?
5. What is the significance of the poem Maxwell wrote seven years ago?
6. What seems to be the likely reason that Edna becomes angry with Odili in Chapter 12?
7. What is the general tone of Mrs. Nanga in her first conversation with Odili's while in Anata, and why is that the tone?
8. What significant action does Edna take toward Odili at the end of Chapter 10, and why is it significant?
9. What sort of abuses of power does Chief Nanga exercise in his campaign?
10. In Chapter 10, how does Chief Nanga further expose his corruption regarding the office of Foreign Trade?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)