|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the trade unionist?
2. How does Odili manage to talk to Edna alone in Chapter 9?
(a) He tells her has an important message from Chief Nanga.
(b) He gives her father a small piece of gold.
(c) He invites her to Mrs. Nanga's house.
(d) He gives her a ride to the hospital.
3. Who from Anata offers to join Odili's campaign?
(d) Andrew Kadibe.
4. Of Odili, Chief Nanga, and Elsie, who goes to bed first after dinner at Chief Nanga's house?
(a) Odili and Elsie go to bed together.
(d) Chief Nanga.
5. What does Odili hope to accomplish through his political activities?
(a) To be named Prime Minister.
(b) To unveil how corrupt Chief Nanga is and prevent his return to the Cabinet.
(c) To win the election by a landslide and be appointed to the Cabinet.
(d) To win at least great fame for himself, so that he might become powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people treat Josiah after the incident at the bar?
2. How many girls does Chief Nanga promise Odili?
3. What is the name of the political party formed in Chapter 8?
4. What is the name of Odili's chief bodyguard?
5. Whom does Odili hear talking to Elsie through the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the method of problem solving that Odili unconsciously employs while reconsidering his humiliation that occurred at the house of Chief Nanga?
2. How does Odili initially interpret Chief Nanga's order to move Elsie's bags into his absent wife's room?
3. What is significant about Odili and Edna's bicycle crash?
4. What is the significance of the poem Maxwell wrote seven years ago?
5. In Chapter 10, how does Chief Nanga further expose his corruption regarding the office of Foreign Trade?
6. What characterizes Odili's interaction with Chief Nanga at the Samalu house?
7. How does Odili interpret Edna's letter?
8. Describe the situation with Chief Nanga and the editor of the Daily Matchet, including its significance.
9. Describe the first impression given of Odo, Edna's father.
10. What worries Odili about owning a car and having a position of some prestige?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)