|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Hezekiah convinced at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) That Chief Nanga will increase his offer.
(b) That Maxwell has taken a bribe.
(c) That Chief Nanga is going to send his thugs after them.
(d) That Odili will change his mind.
2. What surprising individual backs the new political party in Chapter 8?
(a) Mrs. Nanga.
(b) Principal Nwege.
(c) A junior member in the present government.
(d) Eddy, Chief Nanga's eldest son.
3. What is Odili disappointed to find out about Maxwell at the Samalu house after the launching of the local campaign?
(a) That he has accepted Chief Nanga's bribe.
(b) That he bought himself a car with party money.
(c) That he has decided to break off his engagement with Eunice.
(d) That he paid off the newspapers for good news.
4. How has Odili's view towards Edna changed by the start of Chapter 11?
(a) He is indifferent to her.
(b) He wants more and more to use her simply for revenge.
(c) He wants her for her rather than as revenge against Chief Nanga.
(d) He has lost much respect for her.
5. What sort of force does Odili state that the paper Maxwell signed has?
(a) Moral force.
(b) Ethical force.
(c) Legal force.
(d) Political force.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chief Nanga give the editor rent money in Chapter 7?
2. How does Odili initially plan on getting his revenge?
3. Whom does Odili hear talking to Elsie through the door?
4. Who from Anata offers to join Odili's campaign?
5. Who is waiting for Odili outside Chief Nanga's house when he returns?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what conclusion does Odili arrive after reflecting on the carpenter Timothy's statement?
2. Describe the situation with Chief Nanga and the editor of the Daily Matchet, including its significance.
3. What is the method of problem solving that Odili unconsciously employs while reconsidering his humiliation that occurred at the house of Chief Nanga?
4. How does Odili react to discovering that Elsie is sleeping with Chief Nanga?
5. What is the significance of the poem Maxwell wrote seven years ago?
6. What seems to be the likely reason that Edna becomes angry with Odili in Chapter 12?
7. What is Odili's concern about the founding of the new political party?
8. Why is Couple's heckling of Maxwell effective?
9. Why do Boniface and the other bodyguards want 25 pounds, and why does Odili object?
10. How does Odili interpret Edna's letter?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)