|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the trade unionist?
2. With whom does Odili, in his letter, say Edna can satisfy herself with if Chief Nanga is unable?
(b) Chief Nanga's son.
3. How much does Chief Nanga say Maxwell has taken in bribes?
(a) 250 pounds.
(b) 4,000 pounds.
(c) 650 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
4. When does Odili plan to see Edna again after his embarrassing accident?
(a) Her birthday.
(b) Christmas morning.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
5. How many girls does Chief Nanga promise Odili?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Hezekiah is arrested, what do the trucks take away?
2. What does Odili do when he realizes that his host has shamed him?
3. Who heckles Maxwell during his speech in Chapter 12?
4. From where is the one foreigner present at the founding of the new political party in Chapter 8?
5. What does Odili hope to accomplish through his political activities?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Odili react to discovering that Elsie is sleeping with Chief Nanga?
2. How does Odili initially interpret Chief Nanga's order to move Elsie's bags into his absent wife's room?
3. Why is Couple's heckling of Maxwell effective?
4. How does Odili interpret Edna's letter?
5. What seems to be the likely reason that Edna becomes angry with Odili in Chapter 12?
6. In Chapter 10, how does Chief Nanga further expose his corruption regarding the office of Foreign Trade?
7. Why do Boniface and the other bodyguards want 25 pounds, and why does Odili object?
8. What sort of reception does Odili's political campaign receive in Anata?
9. What characterizes Odili's arrival at his friend Maxwell's apartment?
10. What significant action does Edna take toward Odili at the end of Chapter 10, and why is it significant?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)