|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Odili hear talking to Elsie through the door?
(a) No one.
(b) Chief Nanga.
(d) Mrs. Nanga.
2. What animals, after leaving the Odo house, ruin Odili's plan involving Edna?
3. Who from Anata offers to join Odili's campaign?
(b) Andrew Kadibe.
4. What does Odili do when he realizes that his host has shamed him?
(a) Weeps uncontrollably.
(b) Sets the house on fire.
(c) Packs his suitcases.
(d) Kicks in the door.
5. What do the placards carried by the Nangavanga accuse Odili of being?
(a) A homosexual.
(b) A traitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bodyguards does Odili hire altogether?
2. What is the immediate task of the new party in Chapter 8?
3. What is Maxwell's father's job?
4. Why will Odili not retrieve Elsie in front of Chief Nanga?
5. To what room in Chief Nanga's house are Elsie's bags taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. What characterizes Odili's interaction with Chief Nanga at the Samalu house?
2. What characterizes Odili's arrival at his friend Maxwell's apartment?
3. What worries Odili about owning a car and having a position of some prestige?
4. What is suggested by the revelation that a junior member of Parliament is also a founding member of the CPC?
5. How does Odili react to discovering that Elsie is sleeping with Chief Nanga?
6. What sort of reception does Odili's political campaign receive in Anata?
7. Why is Couple's heckling of Maxwell effective?
8. What is the significance of the poem Maxwell wrote seven years ago?
9. What is revealed about Edna's character in the scene on the VIP porch?
10. What is Odili's concern about the founding of the new political party?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)