|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odili hope to accomplish through his political activities?
(a) To win the election by a landslide and be appointed to the Cabinet.
(b) To win at least great fame for himself, so that he might become powerful.
(c) To be named Prime Minister.
(d) To unveil how corrupt Chief Nanga is and prevent his return to the Cabinet.
2. When does Odili plan to see Edna again after his embarrassing accident?
(a) Her birthday.
(b) Christmas morning.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
3. To what room in Chief Nanga's house are Elsie's bags taken?
(a) Chief Nanga's room.
(b) The guestroom.
(c) Mrs. Nanga's room.
(d) Odili's room.
4. How does Odili respond to Chief Nanga's bribe?
(a) "Give me 4,000."
(b) "Give me 600."
5. What does Odo call Odili's new car?
(a) A kolanut.
(b) A tortoise.
(c) A bug.
(d) A turtle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising individual backs the new political party in Chapter 8?
2. How does Odili initially plan on getting his revenge?
3. How much is the bribe Chief Nanga offers Odili?
4. When does Odili feel the full weight of his humiliation?
5. Where is Edna's mother when Odili first arrives at her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of abuses of power does Chief Nanga exercise in his campaign?
2. What is the general tone of Mrs. Nanga in her first conversation with Odili's while in Anata, and why is that the tone?
3. What is Odili's concern about the founding of the new political party?
4. What is the confusion about why Couple is put in jail?
5. What is significant about Odili and Edna's bicycle crash?
6. Why is Couple's heckling of Maxwell effective?
7. What significant action does Edna take toward Odili at the end of Chapter 10, and why is it significant?
8. What worries Odili about owning a car and having a position of some prestige?
9. What sort of reception does Odili's political campaign receive in Anata?
10. What is revealed about Edna's character in the scene on the VIP porch?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)