|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Odili finds Elsie's friend at the hospital -- intended for Chief Nanga -- to be:
(a) Too fat.
(b) Too old.
(c) More attractive.
(d) Less attractive.
2. What is the name of Chief Nanga's second wife-to-be?
3. What are the dismissed members of the Prime Minister's Cabinet called in Chapter 1?
(a) The Miscreant Gang.
(b) The Daily Chronicle.
(c) The Elitists.
(d) The Progressive Alliance Party.
4. How does Jean look at Chief Nanga?
5. What is the name of the president of the Writer's Society?
(a) Mr. Samalu.
(b) Mr. Jalio.
(c) Mr. Iganu.
(d) Mr. Akilo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Odili recall meeting Elsie?
2. Who convinces Chief Kobino to delay the construction project between Anata and Giligili for which Chief Nanga is pushing?
3. In what regard does John claim his country is improving?
4. Who calls while Jean and Odili are making love?
5. What detail about one man's robes in Chapter 6 most catches Odili's attention?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Odili in his first encounter with Elsie in Chapter 6.
2. What odd contrast is revealed in Chapter 4 by Chief Nanga's interactions with Chief Kobino and the young man applying to be a chef?
3. How does Odili's father treat his family?
4. Why does Odili envy Peter?
5. What series of events leads up to Odili's disillusionment with the POP.?
6. On what does Odili focus during Chief Nanga's speech in Chapter 6?
7. How does "Push me down and take my threepence!" become a popular Anata joke?
8. In what way does Jean primarily reveal her insensitivity towards Nigeria and Nigerians?
9. Why is Peter merely working as Odili's houseboy?
10. Why does Chief Nanga remember Odili?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)