|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Ministers of Overseas Training and Culture cover up their fear in Chapter 3?
(a) By storming about angrily.
(b) By leaving.
(c) By talking casually.
(d) By joking.
2. What does Andrew Kadibe try to sound like when he knocks at Odili's door?
(a) A girl.
(b) An old man.
(d) A pig.
3. What does Chief Nanga think of the president of the Writer's Society's dress?
(a) That it is ridiculous.
(b) That it needs more shine.
(c) That it is wonderful.
(d) That it looks too much like the national costume.
4. To where does Chief Nanga invite Odili?
(d) The capital.
5. What sort of buses does Chief Nanga purchase?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Odili ask the journalist about?
2. How long has it been since Odili last spoke with Chief Nanga?
3. To what do Odili and Jean dance?
4. What guild causes a stir when it arrives at the Assembly Hall?
5. Where do Odili and Jean go after leaving Jean's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon what does Odili reflect while lying in the bed of his guest suite at Chief Nanga's house?
2. How did Odili deal with his previous encounters with bucket latrines?
3. What impression does Odili convey in his description of Chief Nanga's library?
4. How does "Push me down and take my threepence!" become a popular Anata joke?
5. Why is Mrs. Nanga concerned over her children losing their heritage?
6. Why does Chief Nanga remember Odili?
7. What odd contrast is revealed in Chapter 4 by Chief Nanga's interactions with Chief Kobino and the young man applying to be a chef?
8. How does Odili's father treat his family?
9. Why is Odili's father hated?
10. How do Odili and Elsie meet?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)