|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname of Odili's former next-door neighbor in his university days?
2. When do Jean and Odili leave Jean's house?
(a) 11:45 p.m.
(b) 12:26 a.m.
(c) 1:30 a.m.
(d) 7:15 a.m.
3. Where in the car does Elsie sit?
(a) By the left door.
(b) By the right door.
(c) Up front.
(d) Between Chief Nanga and Odili.
4. What does the statute Odili reads in the newspaper concern?
(a) Automobile parking.
(b) Excrement pails.
(c) Food distribution.
(d) Pit latrines.
5. What detail about one man's robes in Chapter 6 most catches Odili's attention?
(a) The robe's brilliant colors.
(b) The robe's eccentric patterning.
(c) The tailor's advertisement.
(d) The robe's poor quality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Odili's division from his father?
2. Odili is afraid that Chief Nanga will want to:
3. What is Chief Nanga's previous occupation?
4. What is the name of the president of the Writer's Society?
5. Whom do Chief Nanga and Odili visit in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two admirable qualities does Chief Nanga demonstrate in Chapter 1, and how?
2. Why does Chief Nanga scorn his old nickname, "M.A. Minus Opportunity"?
3. What is suggested by the revelation that a junior member of Parliament is also a founding member of the CPC?
4. What is unusual about Mrs. Akilo and Chief Nanga's affair?
5. Describe the scene of Chief Nanga's inaugural campaign meeting.
6. What sort of abuses of power does Chief Nanga exercise in his campaign?
7. Why is it decided and announced that everyone in Urua must vote for Chief Nanga?
8. What series of events leads up to Odili's disillusionment with the POP.?
9. What significant action does Edna take toward Odili at the end of Chapter 10, and why is it significant?
10. How do Odili and Elsie meet?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)