|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jokingly, Odili tells his houseboy, Peter, that the government passed a law saying people may only do what two times a day?
(a) Leave their house.
(c) Use the bathroom.
2. What, in Chief Nanga's days as a scoutmaster, is considered the "very acme of sophistication"?
(a) Reading English books.
(b) A red dress.
(c) A white sash.
(d) A white helmet.
3. Where does Odili go after Chief Nanga's important guest in Chapter 5 arrives?
(a) Back to Anata.
(b) To a dinner party.
(c) To his home in Urua.
(d) For a walk through Bori.
4. From where does Chief Nanga get his bus-investment money?
(a) British Amalgamated.
(b) The Coffee Farmers Union.
(c) The Minister of Foreign Trade.
(d) An increase in taxes.
5. Where is Odili from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do the Nangas have?
2. How does Odili state his view of Elsie to Chief Nanga?
3. What is John's job?
4. In what regard does John claim his country is improving?
5. What is John's most interesting claim about the his country?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "Push me down and take my threepence!" become a popular Anata joke?
2. What attitudes do the foreigners at the dinner conversation seem to have toward Africa, and how do they demonstrate such?
3. How did Odili deal with his previous encounters with bucket latrines?
4. What personal goal does Odili not considering asking for help in achieving, as stated in Chapter 2?
5. What odd contrast is revealed in Chapter 4 by Chief Nanga's interactions with Chief Kobino and the young man applying to be a chef?
6. What does Odili wish the people could see about Chief Nanga?
7. In what way does Jean primarily reveal her insensitivity towards Nigeria and Nigerians?
8. Why does Chief Nanga scorn his old nickname, "M.A. Minus Opportunity"?
9. What is ironic about Chief Koko's reaction to drinking OHMS?
10. Why is Odili concerned when Chief Nanga voices his intention to go to the hospital with him?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)