|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the young man apply at Chief Nanga's house at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) To be a chauffeur.
(b) To be a security guard.
(c) To be a cook.
(d) To be a gardener.
2. Whom does Odili ask the journalist about?
(b) Mrs. John.
(c) Chief Nanga.
(d) The young girl.
3. Why has Odili lost his admiration for Chief Nanga?
(a) Chief Nanga defended the dismissed Cabinet members.
(b) Chief Nanga dishonored his own father.
(c) Chief Nanga slept around once he got into power.
(d) Chief Nanga joined in denouncing the dismissed Cabinet members.
4. Why does Mrs. Nanga bring the children to Anata?
(a) To visit their relatives.
(b) To celebrate the holidays.
(c) To educate them.
(d) To retain their heritage.
5. What does Chief Nanga do to Principal Nwege after the speech?
(a) Kicks him.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Flatters him.
(d) Praises him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Odili from?
2. What sort of degree is Chief Nanga to be awarded?
3. With whom did Odili live in Giligili?
4. What is the name of the president of the Writer's Society?
5. What does Chief Nanga think of the president of the Writer's Society's dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What personal goal does Odili not considering asking for help in achieving, as stated in Chapter 2?
2. How does "Push me down and take my threepence!" become a popular Anata joke?
3. Why is Mrs. Nanga concerned over her children losing their heritage?
4. What two admirable qualities does Chief Nanga demonstrate in Chapter 1, and how?
5. On what does Odili focus during Chief Nanga's speech in Chapter 6?
6. Why does Chief Nanga remember Odili?
7. How does Odili describe his reaction to being a prominent member of the dinner conversation?
8. What impression does Odili convey in his description of Chief Nanga's library?
9. Why does Odili envy Peter?
10. How did Odili deal with his previous encounters with bucket latrines?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)