|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Odili finds Elsie's friend at the hospital -- intended for Chief Nanga -- to be:
(a) More attractive.
(b) Too fat.
(c) Too old.
(d) Less attractive.
2. From where is Chief Nanga's second wife-to-be?
3. Whom does Chief Nanga call when he comes home for lunch?
(a) The Minister of Foreign Trade.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The Minister of Public Construction.
(d) The Minister for Overseas Training.
4. Odili is afraid that Chief Nanga will want to:
(a) Talk all night.
(b) Kill Elsie.
(c) Swap women.
(d) Get him very drunk.
5. How long is Nwege's speech in Chapter 1?
(a) More than 40 minutes.
(b) Less than five minutes.
(c) More than 20 minutes.
(d) More than hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Ministers of Overseas Training and Culture cover up their fear in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Jean say sex means more to a woman than a man?
3. What nickname offends Chief Nanga?
4. How many wives does Odili's father have before marrying Odili's mother?
5. What is the name of the president of the Writer's Society?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Odili's father treat his family?
2. What is Odili's perception of Chief Nanga's concerns?
3. Describe Odili in his first encounter with Elsie in Chapter 6.
4. Why is Peter merely working as Odili's houseboy?
5. How did Odili deal with his previous encounters with bucket latrines?
6. How does "Push me down and take my threepence!" become a popular Anata joke?
7. Why does Odili envy Peter?
8. Why does Chief Nanga scorn his old nickname, "M.A. Minus Opportunity"?
9. What personal goal does Odili not considering asking for help in achieving, as stated in Chapter 2?
10. How is the media portrayed by Odili?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)