|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do Chief Nanga and Odili visit in Chapter 3?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(b) The Minister of Foreign Trade.
(c) The Minister for Overseas Training.
(d) The Minister of Public Construction.
2. How many wives does Odili's father have?
3. What does Chief Nanga do to Principal Nwege after the speech?
(a) Flatters him.
(b) Praises him.
(c) Kicks him.
(d) Ignores him.
4. In what year does Odili become disillusioned with the POP?
5. What food does Odili initially ask Peter to cook while Andrew Kadibe is visiting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the chief complaint of the Prime Minister against his dismissed Cabinet members?
2. Why does the girl in Chief Nanga's best story refuse to remove her bra?
3. To where does Chief Nanga invite Odili?
4. What is Odili's father's first name?
5. What nickname offends Chief Nanga?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Odili surprised to be awakened early by Chief Nanga after his first night at the Minister of Culture's house?
2. What is ironic about Chief Koko's reaction to drinking OHMS?
3. Why is Odili concerned when Chief Nanga voices his intention to go to the hospital with him?
4. In what way does Jean primarily reveal her insensitivity towards Nigeria and Nigerians?
5. How does Odili describe his reaction to being a prominent member of the dinner conversation?
6. On what does Odili focus during Chief Nanga's speech in Chapter 6?
7. How does Odili describe the way Jean acts toward Chief Nanga?
8. What attitudes do the foreigners at the dinner conversation seem to have toward Africa, and how do they demonstrate such?
9. How does "Push me down and take my threepence!" become a popular Anata joke?
10. Why does Odili envy Peter?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)