|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Odili's colleagues visited England?
(a) Principal Nwege.
(b) Andrew Kadibe.
(c) Chief Nanga.
(d) The Senior Tutor.
2. Finish the quote said by Odili in Chapter 1: "For what is modesty but ________________?"
(a) Great humility.
(b) Lack of self-consciousness.
(c) Inverted pride.
3. What is the name Elsie shouts out while making love to Odili?
4. How many wives does Odili's father have?
5. Odili is afraid that Chief Nanga will want to:
(a) Get him very drunk.
(b) Swap women.
(c) Kill Elsie.
(d) Talk all night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname offends Chief Nanga?
2. Chief Nanga says the standard education he received is worth more than what today?
3. Who resents Odili's favor with Chief Nanga?
4. According to Mrs. Nanga, embassy events are how many pence talk and how many pence food?
5. From what country do Jean and John come?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Odili's father hated?
2. What personal goal does Odili not considering asking for help in achieving, as stated in Chapter 2?
3. How does Odili describe the way Jean acts toward Chief Nanga?
4. What attitudes do the foreigners at the dinner conversation seem to have toward Africa, and how do they demonstrate such?
5. What is significant about the languages spoken in the Nanga home?
6. Why does Odili envy Peter?
7. What series of events leads up to Odili's disillusionment with the POP.?
8. How did Odili deal with his previous encounters with bucket latrines?
9. Why does Chief Nanga remember Odili?
10. What odd contrast is revealed in Chapter 4 by Chief Nanga's interactions with Chief Kobino and the young man applying to be a chef?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)