|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What used to be Odili's father's profession?
(c) Chief of police.
(d) District interpreter.
2. From what country does the other black man among the foreigners in Chapter 5 come?
3. In what regard does John claim his country is improving?
(b) Women's rights.
(d) International affairs.
4. What is Chief Nanga's previous occupation?
(b) Lieutenant in the army.
(d) Foreign Ambassador.
5. How many children do the Nangas have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Odili's father's first name?
2. What does Peter eventually cook for his master while Andrew Kadibe is visiting?
3. What does Chief Nanga's lunchtime conversation concern?
4. Why does Andrew Kadibe think it ridiculous for Chief Nanga to be the Minister of Culture?
5. What does Odili ultimately think of Jean?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Jean primarily reveal her insensitivity towards Nigeria and Nigerians?
2. How do Odili and Elsie meet?
3. Why is Peter merely working as Odili's houseboy?
4. Why is Odili concerned when Chief Nanga voices his intention to go to the hospital with him?
5. How does Odili describe his reaction to being a prominent member of the dinner conversation?
6. How does "Push me down and take my threepence!" become a popular Anata joke?
7. Upon what does Odili reflect while lying in the bed of his guest suite at Chief Nanga's house?
8. What series of events leads up to Odili's disillusionment with the POP.?
9. What is ironic about Chief Koko's reaction to drinking OHMS?
10. How does Odili's father treat his family?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)