|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Odili notice in the crowd at the Writer's Society's hall?
(b) Principal Nwege.
(d) Andrew Kadibe.
2. What is Odili's father's first name?
3. From what country does the other black man among the foreigners in Chapter 5 come?
4. Why does Odili hope Nwege gets an appointment with the POP?
(a) To get him out of the school occasionally.
(b) Because Odili and Nwege are friends.
(c) To benefit the school's material prosperity.
(d) Because Odili hopes to be made principal of the school.
5. Odili finds Elsie's friend at the hospital -- intended for Chief Nanga -- to be:
(a) Less attractive.
(b) Too old.
(c) Too fat.
(d) More attractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chief Nanga described as wearing when he exits his Cadillac at the school?
2. Who resents Odili's favor with Chief Nanga?
3. Which of Odili's colleagues visited England?
4. What does Peter eventually cook for his master while Andrew Kadibe is visiting?
5. What, in Chief Nanga's days as a scoutmaster, is considered the "very acme of sophistication"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What series of events leads up to Odili's disillusionment with the POP.?
2. Why is Odili's next-door neighbor in college called "Irre"?
3. What attitudes do the foreigners at the dinner conversation seem to have toward Africa, and how do they demonstrate such?
4. Why is Odili surprised to be awakened early by Chief Nanga after his first night at the Minister of Culture's house?
5. How does "Push me down and take my threepence!" become a popular Anata joke?
6. In what way does Jean primarily reveal her insensitivity towards Nigeria and Nigerians?
7. What odd contrast is revealed in Chapter 4 by Chief Nanga's interactions with Chief Kobino and the young man applying to be a chef?
8. Why is Peter merely working as Odili's houseboy?
9. What is ironic about Chief Koko's reaction to drinking OHMS?
10. What does Odili wish the people could see about Chief Nanga?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)