|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Odili ask Andrew about after the latter knocks at his door?
(a) Chief Nanga.
(b) The girl.
(c) The journalist.
(d) Mrs. John.
2. When does Odili's mother die?
(a) She is still alive.
(b) When he was 3.
(c) At childbirth.
(d) When he was 1.
3. How many wives does Odili's father have?
4. What does the statute Odili reads in the newspaper concern?
(a) Automobile parking.
(b) Food distribution.
(c) Excrement pails.
(d) Pit latrines.
5. Which of Odili's colleagues visited England?
(a) The Senior Tutor.
(b) Chief Nanga.
(c) Andrew Kadibe.
(d) Principal Nwege.
Short Answer Questions
1. Odili finds Elsie's friend at the hospital -- intended for Chief Nanga -- to be:
2. Why does Odili hope Nwege gets an appointment with the POP?
3. Where do Odili and Jean go after leaving Jean's house?
4. What does the Senior Tutor take from the reception?
5. What sort of event must Chief Nanga attend in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Odili describe his reaction to being a prominent member of the dinner conversation?
2. What personal goal does Odili not considering asking for help in achieving, as stated in Chapter 2?
3. How does "Push me down and take my threepence!" become a popular Anata joke?
4. How does Odili describe the way Jean acts toward Chief Nanga?
5. Why is Odili's father hated?
6. Why does Chief Nanga remember Odili?
7. Describe Odili in his first encounter with Elsie in Chapter 6.
8. What is significant about the languages spoken in the Nanga home?
9. Why is Mrs. Nanga concerned over her children losing their heritage?
10. What odd contrast is revealed in Chapter 4 by Chief Nanga's interactions with Chief Kobino and the young man applying to be a chef?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)