|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Odili from?
2. Why has Odili lost his admiration for Chief Nanga?
(a) Chief Nanga dishonored his own father.
(b) Chief Nanga joined in denouncing the dismissed Cabinet members.
(c) Chief Nanga slept around once he got into power.
(d) Chief Nanga defended the dismissed Cabinet members.
3. What nickname offends Chief Nanga?
(a) Father of Anata.
(b) Great Nanga.
(c) M.A. Minus Opportunity.
(d) Owner of book.
4. What does Chief Nanga say a man ought to do if someone offers to make him a minister?
(a) Think about it long and hard.
(b) Run away.
(c) Slap him in the face.
(d) Accept immediately.
5. Why does the girl in Chief Nanga's best story refuse to remove her bra?
(a) Her breasts are ugly.
(b) Her husband cursed her breasts.
(c) She has small breasts.
(d) She is afraid her husband will come home soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chief Nanga do to Principal Nwege after the speech?
2. What sort of buses does Chief Nanga purchase?
3. How does Jean look at Chief Nanga?
4. How many wives does Odili's father have?
5. Why does Odili have his present teaching job instead of a civil-service job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Odili's father hated?
2. Why is Mrs. Nanga concerned over her children losing their heritage?
3. Upon what does Odili reflect while lying in the bed of his guest suite at Chief Nanga's house?
4. Why is Odili concerned when Chief Nanga voices his intention to go to the hospital with him?
5. How does Odili's father treat his family?
6. What does Odili wish the people could see about Chief Nanga?
7. Why is Odili surprised to be awakened early by Chief Nanga after his first night at the Minister of Culture's house?
8. Why is Peter merely working as Odili's houseboy?
9. How did Odili deal with his previous encounters with bucket latrines?
10. What is Odili's perception of Chief Nanga's concerns?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)