|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Odili from?
2. What does Chief Nanga do to Principal Nwege after the speech?
(a) Praises him.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Flatters him.
(d) Kicks him.
3. What used to be Odili's father's profession?
(a) Chief of police.
(d) District interpreter.
4. How many children do the Nangas have?
5. Why does Odili hope Nwege gets an appointment with the POP?
(a) Because Odili and Nwege are friends.
(b) To get him out of the school occasionally.
(c) Because Odili hopes to be made principal of the school.
(d) To benefit the school's material prosperity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the girl in Chief Nanga's best story refuse to remove her bra?
2. Who arrives at Chief Nanga's house at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What does Odili ultimately think of Jean?
4. From where is Chief Nanga's second wife-to-be?
5. Who resents Odili's favor with Chief Nanga?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Odili's concern about the founding of the new political party?
2. Why is Odili's father hated?
3. Why is Odili concerned when Chief Nanga voices his intention to go to the hospital with him?
4. How do Odili and Elsie meet?
5. How does "Push me down and take my threepence!" become a popular Anata joke?
6. What two admirable qualities does Chief Nanga demonstrate in Chapter 1, and how?
7. Describe the scene of Chief Nanga's inaugural campaign meeting.
8. What series of events leads up to Odili's disillusionment with the POP.?
9. How does Chief Nanga speak to Mr. Jalio, and for what reason?
10. What impression does Odili convey in his description of Chief Nanga's library?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)