|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter buy for his father?
(c) A tie.
2. What misunderstood African gesture does Odili explain to the foreigners?
(a) Scrunching up the face.
(b) Touching the forehead with the back of the left hand.
(c) Mussing up one's hair.
(d) Shaking the fist.
3. Who resents Odili's favor with Chief Nanga?
(a) Andrew Kadibe.
(b) Mrs. John.
(c) Principal Nwege.
4. What is Chief Nanga's previous occupation?
(c) Lieutenant in the army.
(d) Foreign Ambassador.
5. What, in Chief Nanga's days as a scoutmaster, is considered the "very acme of sophistication"?
(a) A white sash.
(b) Reading English books.
(c) A white helmet.
(d) A red dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Odili's division from his father?
2. What does Peter eventually cook for his master while Andrew Kadibe is visiting?
3. What is the nickname of Odili's former next-door neighbor in his university days?
4. How long is Nwege's speech in Chapter 1?
5. By what name do Jean and John greet Chief Nanga?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Odili concerned when Chief Nanga voices his intention to go to the hospital with him?
2. What impression does Odili convey in his description of Chief Nanga's library?
3. Why is Odili's next-door neighbor in college called "Irre"?
4. How is the media portrayed by Odili?
5. Why does Chief Nanga remember Odili?
6. How does Odili's father treat his family?
7. In what way does Jean primarily reveal her insensitivity towards Nigeria and Nigerians?
8. Why is Odili's father hated?
9. What series of events leads up to Odili's disillusionment with the POP.?
10. What odd contrast is revealed in Chapter 4 by Chief Nanga's interactions with Chief Kobino and the young man applying to be a chef?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)