|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Nanga bring the children to Anata?
(a) To retain their heritage.
(b) To celebrate the holidays.
(c) To educate them.
(d) To visit their relatives.
2. What misunderstood African gesture does Odili explain to the foreigners?
(a) Scrunching up the face.
(b) Mussing up one's hair.
(c) Shaking the fist.
(d) Touching the forehead with the back of the left hand.
3. What are the dismissed members of the Prime Minister's Cabinet called in Chapter 1?
(a) The Elitists.
(b) The Progressive Alliance Party.
(c) The Miscreant Gang.
(d) The Daily Chronicle.
4. How many wives does Odili's father have before marrying Odili's mother?
5. Whom does Odili ask the journalist about?
(a) Chief Nanga.
(c) Mrs. John.
(d) The young girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odili ultimately think of Jean?
2. What does Chief Nanga think of the president of the Writer's Society's dress?
3. To where does Chief Nanga invite Odili?
4. Where does Odili go after Chief Nanga's important guest in Chapter 5 arrives?
5. From where does Chief Nanga get his bus-investment money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Odili envy Peter?
2. Why is Odili concerned when Chief Nanga voices his intention to go to the hospital with him?
3. How is the media portrayed by Odili?
4. What sort of abuses of power does Chief Nanga exercise in his campaign?
5. What is significant about the languages spoken in the Nanga home?
6. What is ironic about Chief Koko's reaction to drinking OHMS?
7. What is the confusion about why Couple is put in jail?
8. What characterizes Odili's interaction with Chief Nanga at the Samalu house?
9. Why is Odili's next-door neighbor in college called "Irre"?
10. What is Odili's concern about the founding of the new political party?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)