|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Odili have his present teaching job instead of a civil-service job?
(d) A girl.
2. When do Jean and Odili leave Jean's house?
(a) 11:45 p.m.
(b) 7:15 a.m.
(c) 1:30 a.m.
(d) 12:26 a.m.
3. How long is Nwege's speech in Chapter 1?
(a) More than 40 minutes.
(b) More than 20 minutes.
(c) More than hour.
(d) Less than five minutes.
4. How does Jean look at Chief Nanga?
5. How is Odili received at Chief Nanga's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the statute Odili reads in the newspaper concern?
2. Chief Nanga says the standard education he received is worth more than what today?
3. Which of Odili's colleagues visited England?
4. What is the name of the president of the Writer's Society?
5. Whom does Odili notice in the crowd at the Writer's Society's hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about Mrs. Akilo and Chief Nanga's affair?
2. Why does Chief Nanga scorn his old nickname, "M.A. Minus Opportunity"?
3. Why is Odili's father hated?
4. Why does Odili envy Peter?
5. What personal goal does Odili not considering asking for help in achieving, as stated in Chapter 2?
6. What impression does Odili convey in his description of Chief Nanga's library?
7. Why is Mrs. Nanga concerned over her children losing their heritage?
8. How do Odili and Elsie meet?
9. In what way does Jean primarily reveal her insensitivity towards Nigeria and Nigerians?
10. What is ironic about Chief Koko's reaction to drinking OHMS?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)