|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprising individual backs the new political party in Chapter 8?
(a) Mrs. Nanga.
(b) Eddy, Chief Nanga's eldest son.
(c) A junior member in the present government.
(d) Principal Nwege.
2. To what room in Chief Nanga's house are Elsie's bags taken?
(a) Chief Nanga's room.
(b) The guestroom.
(c) Mrs. Nanga's room.
(d) Odili's room.
3. Why does Odili not want to launch the local campaign at his father's house?
(a) His father's health is fragile.
(b) His father is the local chairman of the POP.
(c) The PAP is holding a rally nearby.
(d) The compound is too small.
4. For what does the radio announce Hezekiah was removed as local POP chairman?
(b) Anti-party activities.
(d) Assaulting a minister of the Cabinet.
5. From where is the one foreigner present at the founding of the new political party in Chapter 8?
(a) Eastern Europe.
(b) South Africa.
(c) North America.
(d) Western Europe.
6. Who gives Odili directions to Edna's house?
(b) Mrs. Nanga.
(c) Eddy Nanga.
7. Why has the crowd gathered in Anata when Odili returns from Bori?
(a) Azoge, the blind beggar, has beaten Josiah.
(b) Josiah has been serving alcohol to children.
(c) Josiah has stolen from Azoge, the blind beggar.
(d) The senior tutor has not left the bar in four days.
8. How does Odili respond to Chief Nanga's bribe?
(a) "Give me 4,000."
(c) "Give me 600."
9. To what region does Odili agree to being assigned?
(a) The southwest.
(b) The southeast.
(c) The northeast.
(d) The west.
10. Why will Mrs. Nanga not accompany her husband to the United States?
(a) She must stay with the children.
(b) Chief Nanga forbids her to go.
(c) She lacks education.
(d) She must manage the affairs of state in her husband's absence.
11. How many floors does Chief Nanga's new house have?
12. What does Odo call Odili's new car?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A tortoise.
(c) A bug.
(d) A kolanut.
13. How does Odili initially plan on getting his revenge?
(a) By sleeping with Mrs. Nanga.
(b) By exposing Chief Nanga to the press.
(c) By sleeping with Edna.
(d) By starting a revolution.
14. What does Edna bring Odili to drink on the sun porch?
(b) Palm wine.
15. Who is waiting for Odili outside Chief Nanga's house when he returns?
(a) The police.
(b) Chief Nanga.
(d) Mrs. Nanga.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the bribe Chief Nanga offers Odili?
2. Why will Odili not retrieve Elsie in front of Chief Nanga?
3. What is Odili disappointed to find out about Maxwell at the Samalu house after the launching of the local campaign?
4. Why does Odili praise Edna's beauty and memory in English?
5. Where does Odili go after leaving Chief Nanga's house for the final time?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)