|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hezekiah's chief motivation in politics?
(a) Personal autonomy.
(b) Personal gain.
(c) Protection of the people.
(d) Advancement of an ideology.
2. What is the name of Odili's chief bodyguard?
3. When does Odili plan to see Edna again after his embarrassing accident?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) Christmas morning.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) Her birthday.
4. Why does Odili praise Edna's beauty and memory in English?
(a) So Edna may know he is well-educated.
(b) To impress Odo.
(c) Because it is a more serious language.
(d) So Odo will not understand.
5. Who from Anata offers to join Odili's campaign?
(d) Andrew Kadibe.
6. What is the title of the poem Maxwell shows Odili?
(a) "Dance of the People of the Earth."
(b) "Mother-Earth's Offering to Man."
(c) "Dance-Offering to the Earth-Mother."
(d) "The Lady of Shalott."
7. How does Odili manage to talk to Edna alone in Chapter 9?
(a) He tells her has an important message from Chief Nanga.
(b) He gives her a ride to the hospital.
(c) He gives her father a small piece of gold.
(d) He invites her to Mrs. Nanga's house.
8. What surprising individual backs the new political party in Chapter 8?
(a) Mrs. Nanga.
(b) A junior member in the present government.
(c) Principal Nwege.
(d) Eddy, Chief Nanga's eldest son.
9. How much money does Maxwell say the POP has received from British Amalgamated?
(a) 1,000,000 pounds.
(b) 400,000 pounds.
(c) 100,000 pounds.
(d) 75,000 pounds.
10. With whom does the PAP reveal that the Minister of Foreign Trade has been illegitimately making a profit?
(a) The U.S. State Department.
(b) British Amalgamated.
(c) Chief Nanga.
(d) Suleiman Wagada.
11. Whom does Odili hear talking to Elsie through the door?
(a) Chief Nanga.
(b) Mrs. Nanga.
(c) No one.
12. How has Odili's view towards Edna changed by the start of Chapter 11?
(a) He is indifferent to her.
(b) He wants more and more to use her simply for revenge.
(c) He has lost much respect for her.
(d) He wants her for her rather than as revenge against Chief Nanga.
13. How many floors does Chief Nanga's new house have?
14. Who bars Odili from the school hall in Anata?
(a) The Nangavanga.
(b) The military.
(c) Odo and Josiah.
(d) Principal Nwege.
15. Where is Edna's mother when Odili first arrives at her house?
(b) The hospital.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what room in Chief Nanga's house are Elsie's bags taken?
2. Why has the crowd gathered in Anata when Odili returns from Bori?
3. Where does Odili decide to place his headquarters?
4. What is the immediate task of the new party in Chapter 8?
5. Who is waiting for Odili outside Chief Nanga's house when he returns?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)