|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Maxwell say the POP has received from British Amalgamated?
(a) 400,000 pounds.
(b) 75,000 pounds.
(c) 100,000 pounds.
(d) 1,000,000 pounds.
2. When does Odili plan to see Edna again after his embarrassing accident?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Christmas morning.
(d) Christmas Eve.
3. How has Odili's view towards Edna changed by the start of Chapter 11?
(a) He wants her for her rather than as revenge against Chief Nanga.
(b) He is indifferent to her.
(c) He wants more and more to use her simply for revenge.
(d) He has lost much respect for her.
4. Where is Edna's mother when Odili first arrives at her house?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The church.
5. What do the placards carried by the Nangavanga accuse Odili of being?
(c) A homosexual.
(d) A traitor.
6. What is the name of Odili's chief bodyguard?
7. What is the name of the political party formed in Chapter 8?
(a) The Progressive Alliance Party.
(b) The Common People's Convention.
(c) The Cultural Protection Committee.
(d) The Political Correctness Party.
8. How does Odili manage to talk to Edna alone in Chapter 9?
(a) He invites her to Mrs. Nanga's house.
(b) He gives her father a small piece of gold.
(c) He gives her a ride to the hospital.
(d) He tells her has an important message from Chief Nanga.
9. Why will Odili not retrieve Elsie in front of Chief Nanga?
(a) He cannot get past the gate.
(b) He does not want to offend the chief.
(c) He does not want her to appear promiscuous.
(d) He is embarrassed about his desire for Elsie.
10. What animals, after leaving the Odo house, ruin Odili's plan involving Edna?
11. How does Odili respond to Chief Nanga's bribe?
(a) "Give me 600."
(b) "Give me 4,000."
12. With what weapon does Odo threaten Odili on his visit to Edna's house in Chapter 10?
(a) A machet.
(b) A double-barreled gun.
(c) A rusty chain.
(d) A club.
13. What does Odili do after awaking at 4 a.m.?
(a) Kicks Elsie out of the house in tears.
(b) Takes the bus back to Anata.
(c) Reads the newspaper.
(d) Wanders the streets of Bori.
14. Who bars Odili from the school hall in Anata?
(a) Odo and Josiah.
(b) The Nangavanga.
(c) The military.
(d) Principal Nwege.
15. What does Chief Nanga predict that Nigeria will soon produce?
(a) A world-class author.
(b) A world-famous singer.
(c) A new form of government.
(d) Free trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what region does Odili agree to being assigned?
2. How many girls does Chief Nanga promise Odili?
3. What does Edna bring Odili to drink on the sun porch?
4. How many bodyguards does Odili hire altogether?
5. Why does Chief Nanga say he is offering Odili a bribe?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)