|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Maxwell say the POP has received from British Amalgamated?
(a) 1,000,000 pounds.
(b) 400,000 pounds.
(c) 100,000 pounds.
(d) 75,000 pounds.
2. What does Odo call Odili's new car?
(a) A kolanut.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A tortoise.
(d) A bug.
3. To what room in Chief Nanga's house are Elsie's bags taken?
(a) Odili's room.
(b) Chief Nanga's room.
(c) The guestroom.
(d) Mrs. Nanga's room.
4. What is the name of Odili's chief bodyguard?
5. Why is Azoge's stick important to Josiah?
(a) He was beaten with it and wants it broken.
(b) It has a charm against evil spirits and bad fortune.
(c) He wants to use it to make medicine.
(d) It belonged to his father.
6. Who gives Odili directions to Edna's house?
(b) Eddy Nanga.
(c) Mrs. Nanga.
7. What does Chief Nanga predict that Nigeria will soon produce?
(a) Free trade.
(b) A world-class author.
(c) A new form of government.
(d) A world-famous singer.
8. What does Edna bring Odili to drink on the sun porch?
(c) Palm wine.
9. How does Odili manage to talk to Edna alone in Chapter 9?
(a) He invites her to Mrs. Nanga's house.
(b) He gives her father a small piece of gold.
(c) He gives her a ride to the hospital.
(d) He tells her has an important message from Chief Nanga.
10. What does Maxwell see Chief Nanga as an example of?
(a) What happens when an intelligent man has too much power.
(b) Why intelligent people should not abandon politics.
(c) An insignificant buffoon.
(d) A charming leader.
11. Who arrives at the Samalu house the day after Odili meets with Chief Nanga?
(b) Chief Kobino.
(c) Maxwell and the CPC.
(d) Edna and her mother.
12. Who is called the third vulture?
(a) The PAP.
(b) The ACP.
(c) The CPC.
(d) The POP.
13. Who is waiting for Odili outside Chief Nanga's house when he returns?
(b) Chief Nanga.
(c) Mrs. Nanga.
(d) The police.
14. What is the name of the trade unionist?
15. Where does Odili decide to place his headquarters?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chief Nanga give the editor rent money in Chapter 7?
2. How does Edna react to seeing Odili after the launching of the campaign?
3. Why will Odili not retrieve Elsie in front of Chief Nanga?
4. How does Odili initially plan on getting his revenge?
5. Which two men ask Chief Nanga for a copy of his speech?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)