|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Odili decide to place his headquarters?
2. What is Odili disappointed to find out about Maxwell at the Samalu house after the launching of the local campaign?
(a) That he has decided to break off his engagement with Eunice.
(b) That he has accepted Chief Nanga's bribe.
(c) That he paid off the newspapers for good news.
(d) That he bought himself a car with party money.
3. What does Chief Nanga predict that Nigeria will soon produce?
(a) A new form of government.
(b) A world-class author.
(c) Free trade.
(d) A world-famous singer.
4. How much money does Maxwell say the POP has received from British Amalgamated?
(a) 100,000 pounds.
(b) 75,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000,000 pounds.
(d) 400,000 pounds.
5. What does Odo call Odili's new car?
(a) A tortoise.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A bug.
(d) A kolanut.
6. Why does Chief Nanga give the editor rent money in Chapter 7?
(a) To prevent blackmail.
(b) The chief borrowed money from the editor and owes him.
(c) They are old friends.
(d) The editor is Mrs. Nanga's brother.
7. What is the name of Odili's chief bodyguard?
8. What does Odili do after awaking at 4 a.m.?
(a) Wanders the streets of Bori.
(b) Kicks Elsie out of the house in tears.
(c) Takes the bus back to Anata.
(d) Reads the newspaper.
9. Of Odili, Chief Nanga, and Elsie, who goes to bed first after dinner at Chief Nanga's house?
(b) Chief Nanga.
(c) Odili and Elsie go to bed together.
10. With whom does the PAP reveal that the Minister of Foreign Trade has been illegitimately making a profit?
(a) British Amalgamated.
(b) The U.S. State Department.
(c) Chief Nanga.
(d) Suleiman Wagada.
11. Why does Odili not want to launch the local campaign at his father's house?
(a) His father is the local chairman of the POP.
(b) His father's health is fragile.
(c) The compound is too small.
(d) The PAP is holding a rally nearby.
12. What does Maxwell see Chief Nanga as an example of?
(a) What happens when an intelligent man has too much power.
(b) Why intelligent people should not abandon politics.
(c) A charming leader.
(d) An insignificant buffoon.
13. How does Odili respond to Chief Nanga's bribe?
(a) "Give me 600."
(b) "Give me 4,000."
14. Who is called the third vulture?
(a) The POP.
(b) The CPC.
(c) The PAP.
(d) The ACP.
15. Who bars Odili from the school hall in Anata?
(a) The Nangavanga.
(b) Odo and Josiah.
(c) The military.
(d) Principal Nwege.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Odili's view towards Edna changed by the start of Chapter 11?
2. Why is Azoge's stick important to Josiah?
3. Who arrives at the Samalu house the day after Odili meets with Chief Nanga?
4. How does Edna react to seeing Odili after the launching of the campaign?
5. To what region does Odili agree to being assigned?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)