|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maxwell see Chief Nanga as an example of?
(a) Why intelligent people should not abandon politics.
(b) What happens when an intelligent man has too much power.
(c) An insignificant buffoon.
(d) A charming leader.
2. Who gives Odili directions to Edna's house?
(a) Mrs. Nanga.
(b) Eddy Nanga.
3. Who is called the third vulture?
(a) The POP.
(b) The PAP.
(c) The CPC.
(d) The ACP.
4. On what date does Odili return to Anata after first meeting with Maxwell and his friends?
(a) Dec. 18.
(b) Dec. 25.
(c) Jan. 1.
(d) Dec. 23.
5. Who heckles Maxwell during his speech in Chapter 12?
(a) Andrew Kadibe.
6. How do the people treat Josiah after the incident at the bar?
(a) They go in fear of him.
(b) They boycott him.
(c) They praise him.
(d) They treat him just the same.
7. How many girls does Chief Nanga promise Odili?
8. After Hezekiah is arrested, what do the trucks take away?
(a) Much of Urua's food supply.
(b) All of the Samalu furniture.
(c) Pipes for the Rural Water Scheme.
(d) Part of the Samalu compound.
9. With what weapon does Odo threaten Odili on his visit to Edna's house in Chapter 10?
(a) A club.
(b) A machet.
(c) A rusty chain.
(d) A double-barreled gun.
10. Who is waiting for Odili outside Chief Nanga's house when he returns?
(a) Chief Nanga.
(b) Mrs. Nanga.
(d) The police.
11. How many floors does Chief Nanga's new house have?
12. Where does Odili go after leaving Chief Nanga's house for the final time?
(a) His house in Anata.
(b) The Daily Chronicle's office.
(c) His house in Urua.
(d) Maxwell Kulamo's apartment.
13. How does Edna react to seeing Odili after the launching of the campaign?
(a) With anger.
(b) With joy.
(c) With love.
(d) With sadness.
14. What is Odili disappointed to find out about Maxwell at the Samalu house after the launching of the local campaign?
(a) That he has decided to break off his engagement with Eunice.
(b) That he has accepted Chief Nanga's bribe.
(c) That he paid off the newspapers for good news.
(d) That he bought himself a car with party money.
15. When Odili returns to Anata after first meeting Maxwell and his friends, where does he find a large crowd?
(a) Outside the grammar school.
(b) Outside his house.
(c) Outside Edna's house.
(d) Outside Josiah's bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Hezekiah convinced at the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. What book does Odili think influenced Edna's letter?
3. How has Odili's view towards Edna changed by the start of Chapter 11?
4. Why does Chief Nanga give the editor rent money in Chapter 7?
5. What is the title of the poem Maxwell shows Odili?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)