|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edna react to seeing Odili after the launching of the campaign?
(a) With love.
(b) With sadness.
(c) With joy.
(d) With anger.
2. How much money does Maxwell say the POP has received from British Amalgamated?
(a) 1,000,000 pounds.
(b) 75,000 pounds.
(c) 100,000 pounds.
(d) 400,000 pounds.
3. What book does Odili think influenced Edna's letter?
(a) "Toasts: How to Make Them."
(b) "Speeches: How to Make Them."
(c) "The Complete Loveletter Writer."
(d) "The Song of the Blackbird."
4. How many floors does Chief Nanga's new house have?
5. After Hezekiah is arrested, what do the trucks take away?
(a) Much of Urua's food supply.
(b) Pipes for the Rural Water Scheme.
(c) Part of the Samalu compound.
(d) All of the Samalu furniture.
6. What does Odo call Odili's new car?
(a) A bug.
(b) A tortoise.
(c) A kolanut.
(d) A turtle.
7. How does Odili initially plan on getting his revenge?
(a) By starting a revolution.
(b) By sleeping with Mrs. Nanga.
(c) By exposing Chief Nanga to the press.
(d) By sleeping with Edna.
8. Where does Odili go after leaving Chief Nanga's house for the final time?
(a) The Daily Chronicle's office.
(b) Maxwell Kulamo's apartment.
(c) His house in Urua.
(d) His house in Anata.
9. How does Odili manage to talk to Edna alone in Chapter 9?
(a) He tells her has an important message from Chief Nanga.
(b) He gives her father a small piece of gold.
(c) He gives her a ride to the hospital.
(d) He invites her to Mrs. Nanga's house.
10. How has Odili's view towards Edna changed by the start of Chapter 11?
(a) He wants her for her rather than as revenge against Chief Nanga.
(b) He is indifferent to her.
(c) He has lost much respect for her.
(d) He wants more and more to use her simply for revenge.
11. Against whom does Odili announce his candidacy?
(a) Chief Wagada.
(b) Chief Koko.
(c) Chief Kobino.
(d) Chief Nanga.
12. With whom does Odili, in his letter, say Edna can satisfy herself with if Chief Nanga is unable?
(c) Chief Nanga's son.
13. Where does Odili decide to place his headquarters?
14. Who arrives at the Samalu house the day after Odili meets with Chief Nanga?
(a) Maxwell and the CPC.
(c) Edna and her mother.
(d) Chief Kobino.
15. Which two men ask Chief Nanga for a copy of his speech?
(a) Mr. Jalio and the editor of the Daily Machet.
(b) The editors of the Daily Machet and the Daily Chronicle.
(c) Mr. Jalio and Hezekiah Samalu.
(d) The editor of the Daily Chronicle and Mr. Jalio.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the political turmoil begins, with how much money does Odili return to Anata?
2. What is the immediate task of the new party in Chapter 8?
3. With what weapon does Odo threaten Odili on his visit to Edna's house in Chapter 10?
4. How much does Chief Nanga say Maxwell has taken in bribes?
5. How many bodyguards does Odili hire altogether?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)