|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprising individual backs the new political party in Chapter 8?
(a) A junior member in the present government.
(b) Mrs. Nanga.
(c) Principal Nwege.
(d) Eddy, Chief Nanga's eldest son.
2. What book does Odili think influenced Edna's letter?
(a) "The Song of the Blackbird."
(b) "Toasts: How to Make Them."
(c) "Speeches: How to Make Them."
(d) "The Complete Loveletter Writer."
3. How do the people treat Josiah after the incident at the bar?
(a) They praise him.
(b) They go in fear of him.
(c) They treat him just the same.
(d) They boycott him.
4. Who gives Odili directions to Edna's house?
(b) Mrs. Nanga.
(c) Eddy Nanga.
5. Why has the crowd gathered in Anata when Odili returns from Bori?
(a) The senior tutor has not left the bar in four days.
(b) Josiah has stolen from Azoge, the blind beggar.
(c) Josiah has been serving alcohol to children.
(d) Azoge, the blind beggar, has beaten Josiah.
6. What do the placards carried by the Nangavanga accuse Odili of being?
(a) A traitor.
(c) A homosexual.
7. For what does PIV. stand?
(a) People's Infantry Vanguard.
(b) Protecting Inebriated Victims.
(c) Poor Innocent Victim.
(d) Promising Instant Virility.
8. What does Odili do after awaking at 4 a.m.?
(a) Reads the newspaper.
(b) Kicks Elsie out of the house in tears.
(c) Takes the bus back to Anata.
(d) Wanders the streets of Bori.
9. What is Odili disappointed to find out about Maxwell at the Samalu house after the launching of the local campaign?
(a) That he has decided to break off his engagement with Eunice.
(b) That he has accepted Chief Nanga's bribe.
(c) That he paid off the newspapers for good news.
(d) That he bought himself a car with party money.
10. How many floors does Chief Nanga's new house have?
11. After Hezekiah is arrested, what do the trucks take away?
(a) Much of Urua's food supply.
(b) All of the Samalu furniture.
(c) Pipes for the Rural Water Scheme.
(d) Part of the Samalu compound.
12. How many girls does Chief Nanga promise Odili?
13. Against whom does Odili announce his candidacy?
(a) Chief Wagada.
(b) Chief Kobino.
(c) Chief Koko.
(d) Chief Nanga.
14. What does Odili hope to accomplish through his political activities?
(a) To win at least great fame for himself, so that he might become powerful.
(b) To be named Prime Minister.
(c) To unveil how corrupt Chief Nanga is and prevent his return to the Cabinet.
(d) To win the election by a landslide and be appointed to the Cabinet.
15. What does Edna bring Odili to drink on the sun porch?
(a) Palm wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of force does Odili state that the paper Maxwell signed has?
2. Why does Chief Nanga say he is offering Odili a bribe?
3. To what room in Chief Nanga's house are Elsie's bags taken?
4. With whom does the PAP reveal that the Minister of Foreign Trade has been illegitimately making a profit?
5. When Odili returns to Anata after first meeting Maxwell and his friends, where does he find a large crowd?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)