|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Odili outside Chief Nanga's house when he returns?
(a) Mrs. Nanga.
(b) The police.
(c) Chief Nanga.
2. How has Odili's view towards Edna changed by the start of Chapter 11?
(a) He wants more and more to use her simply for revenge.
(b) He is indifferent to her.
(c) He wants her for her rather than as revenge against Chief Nanga.
(d) He has lost much respect for her.
3. What is Hezekiah's chief motivation in politics?
(a) Advancement of an ideology.
(b) Personal gain.
(c) Personal autonomy.
(d) Protection of the people.
4. On what date does Odili return to Anata after first meeting with Maxwell and his friends?
(a) Dec. 18.
(b) Dec. 23.
(c) Jan. 1.
(d) Dec. 25.
5. What surprising individual backs the new political party in Chapter 8?
(a) Eddy, Chief Nanga's eldest son.
(b) A junior member in the present government.
(c) Mrs. Nanga.
(d) Principal Nwege.
6. Who heckles Maxwell during his speech in Chapter 12?
(d) Andrew Kadibe.
7. How many girls does Chief Nanga promise Odili?
8. How much does Chief Nanga say Maxwell has taken in bribes?
(a) 250 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 4,000 pounds.
(d) 650 pounds.
9. What animals, after leaving the Odo house, ruin Odili's plan involving Edna?
10. How do the people treat Josiah after the incident at the bar?
(a) They treat him just the same.
(b) They go in fear of him.
(c) They praise him.
(d) They boycott him.
11. What do the placards carried by the Nangavanga accuse Odili of being?
(c) A traitor.
(d) A homosexual.
12. Why will Mrs. Nanga not accompany her husband to the United States?
(a) She must manage the affairs of state in her husband's absence.
(b) Chief Nanga forbids her to go.
(c) She lacks education.
(d) She must stay with the children.
13. What does Chief Nanga predict that Nigeria will soon produce?
(a) A world-famous singer.
(b) Free trade.
(c) A world-class author.
(d) A new form of government.
14. Who from Anata offers to join Odili's campaign?
(b) Andrew Kadibe.
15. Of what is Hezekiah convinced at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) That Chief Nanga is going to send his thugs after them.
(b) That Chief Nanga will increase his offer.
(c) That Odili will change his mind.
(d) That Maxwell has taken a bribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the poem Maxwell shows Odili?
2. What does Odo call Odili's new car?
3. How does Odili manage to talk to Edna alone in Chapter 9?
4. To what region does Odili agree to being assigned?
5. What does Odili do after awaking at 4 a.m.?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)