|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Maxwell say the POP has received from British Amalgamated?
(a) 100,000 pounds.
(b) 75,000 pounds.
(c) 400,000 pounds.
(d) 1,000,000 pounds.
2. What is the name of the political party formed in Chapter 8?
(a) The Political Correctness Party.
(b) The Cultural Protection Committee.
(c) The Progressive Alliance Party.
(d) The Common People's Convention.
3. Why does Odili not want to launch the local campaign at his father's house?
(a) His father's health is fragile.
(b) The PAP is holding a rally nearby.
(c) The compound is too small.
(d) His father is the local chairman of the POP.
4. Why has the crowd gathered in Anata when Odili returns from Bori?
(a) The senior tutor has not left the bar in four days.
(b) Azoge, the blind beggar, has beaten Josiah.
(c) Josiah has stolen from Azoge, the blind beggar.
(d) Josiah has been serving alcohol to children.
5. Why will Odili not retrieve Elsie in front of Chief Nanga?
(a) He does not want her to appear promiscuous.
(b) He does not want to offend the chief.
(c) He cannot get past the gate.
(d) He is embarrassed about his desire for Elsie.
6. Why will Mrs. Nanga not accompany her husband to the United States?
(a) Chief Nanga forbids her to go.
(b) She lacks education.
(c) She must manage the affairs of state in her husband's absence.
(d) She must stay with the children.
7. What sort of force does Odili state that the paper Maxwell signed has?
(a) Political force.
(b) Moral force.
(c) Ethical force.
(d) Legal force.
8. What do the placards carried by the Nangavanga accuse Odili of being?
(a) A homosexual.
(d) A traitor.
9. To what region does Odili agree to being assigned?
(a) The southeast.
(b) The west.
(c) The northeast.
(d) The southwest.
10. What is Hezekiah's chief motivation in politics?
(a) Personal gain.
(b) Advancement of an ideology.
(c) Protection of the people.
(d) Personal autonomy.
11. Who is called the third vulture?
(a) The PAP.
(b) The ACP.
(c) The CPC.
(d) The POP.
12. Against whom does Odili announce his candidacy?
(a) Chief Wagada.
(b) Chief Koko.
(c) Chief Nanga.
(d) Chief Kobino.
13. Which two men ask Chief Nanga for a copy of his speech?
(a) Mr. Jalio and the editor of the Daily Machet.
(b) Mr. Jalio and Hezekiah Samalu.
(c) The editors of the Daily Machet and the Daily Chronicle.
(d) The editor of the Daily Chronicle and Mr. Jalio.
14. From where is the one foreigner present at the founding of the new political party in Chapter 8?
(a) Eastern Europe.
(b) South Africa.
(c) North America.
(d) Western Europe.
15. When Odili returns to Anata after first meeting Maxwell and his friends, where does he find a large crowd?
(a) Outside Edna's house.
(b) Outside the grammar school.
(c) Outside Josiah's bar.
(d) Outside his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of Odili, Chief Nanga, and Elsie, who goes to bed first after dinner at Chief Nanga's house?
2. After Hezekiah is arrested, what do the trucks take away?
3. Who from Anata offers to join Odili's campaign?
4. What surprising individual backs the new political party in Chapter 8?
5. What animals, after leaving the Odo house, ruin Odili's plan involving Edna?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)