|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the placards carried by the Nangavanga accuse Odili of being?
(a) A traitor.
(c) A homosexual.
2. Who is waiting for Odili outside Chief Nanga's house when he returns?
(a) The police.
(b) Chief Nanga.
(c) Mrs. Nanga.
3. Who heckles Maxwell during his speech in Chapter 12?
(d) Andrew Kadibe.
4. What is the immediate task of the new party in Chapter 8?
(a) To arm the people.
(b) To record corruption in the government.
(c) To start a dialogue with the British.
(d) To win the next election.
5. How many floors does Chief Nanga's new house have?
6. After the political turmoil begins, with how much money does Odili return to Anata?
(a) 600 pounds.
(b) 800 pounds.
(c) 250 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
7. What is Maxwell's father's job?
(b) Catholic lay missionary.
(c) Anglican priest.
(d) Senior member in the POP.
8. Which two men ask Chief Nanga for a copy of his speech?
(a) Mr. Jalio and Hezekiah Samalu.
(b) The editors of the Daily Machet and the Daily Chronicle.
(c) The editor of the Daily Chronicle and Mr. Jalio.
(d) Mr. Jalio and the editor of the Daily Machet.
9. How do the people treat Josiah after the incident at the bar?
(a) They boycott him.
(b) They praise him.
(c) They treat him just the same.
(d) They go in fear of him.
10. How many bodyguards does Odili hire altogether?
11. What does Odo call Odili's new car?
(a) A bug.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A tortoise.
(d) A kolanut.
12. Where does Odili decide to place his headquarters?
13. On what date does Odili return to Anata after first meeting with Maxwell and his friends?
(a) Jan. 1.
(b) Dec. 23.
(c) Dec. 25.
(d) Dec. 18.
14. How has Odili's view towards Edna changed by the start of Chapter 11?
(a) He has lost much respect for her.
(b) He is indifferent to her.
(c) He wants her for her rather than as revenge against Chief Nanga.
(d) He wants more and more to use her simply for revenge.
15. When Odili returns to Anata after first meeting Maxwell and his friends, where does he find a large crowd?
(a) Outside the grammar school.
(b) Outside Josiah's bar.
(c) Outside Edna's house.
(d) Outside his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odili do after awaking at 4 a.m.?
2. Why does Odili praise Edna's beauty and memory in English?
3. With whom does Odili, in his letter, say Edna can satisfy herself with if Chief Nanga is unable?
4. From where is the one foreigner present at the founding of the new political party in Chapter 8?
5. How does Odili manage to talk to Edna alone in Chapter 9?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)