|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Mrs. Nanga not accompany her husband to the United States?
(a) She lacks education.
(b) She must manage the affairs of state in her husband's absence.
(c) She must stay with the children.
(d) Chief Nanga forbids her to go.
2. What does Maxwell see Chief Nanga as an example of?
(a) Why intelligent people should not abandon politics.
(b) What happens when an intelligent man has too much power.
(c) An insignificant buffoon.
(d) A charming leader.
3. Who arrives at the Samalu house the day after Odili meets with Chief Nanga?
(a) Chief Kobino.
(b) Maxwell and the CPC.
(d) Edna and her mother.
4. Who from Anata offers to join Odili's campaign?
(a) Andrew Kadibe.
5. What is Odili disappointed to find out about Maxwell at the Samalu house after the launching of the local campaign?
(a) That he has accepted Chief Nanga's bribe.
(b) That he has decided to break off his engagement with Eunice.
(c) That he paid off the newspapers for good news.
(d) That he bought himself a car with party money.
6. How much is the bribe Chief Nanga offers Odili?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 800 pounds.
(c) 250 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
7. Where do Chief Nanga, Odili and Hezekiah meet?
(a) The Urua Grammar School.
(d) The Samalu house.
8. What does Odo call Odili's new car?
(a) A kolanut.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A bug.
(d) A tortoise.
9. How much money does Maxwell say the POP has received from British Amalgamated?
(a) 75,000 pounds.
(b) 400,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000,000 pounds.
(d) 100,000 pounds.
10. What animals, after leaving the Odo house, ruin Odili's plan involving Edna?
11. When does Odili feel the full weight of his humiliation?
(a) After Maxwell leaves for court.
(b) He never feels it.
(c) The night after.
(d) As soon as he arrives at Maxwell's apartment.
12. What does Odili hope to accomplish through his political activities?
(a) To win the election by a landslide and be appointed to the Cabinet.
(b) To unveil how corrupt Chief Nanga is and prevent his return to the Cabinet.
(c) To win at least great fame for himself, so that he might become powerful.
(d) To be named Prime Minister.
13. What is the name of the political party formed in Chapter 8?
(a) The Cultural Protection Committee.
(b) The Common People's Convention.
(c) The Political Correctness Party.
(d) The Progressive Alliance Party.
14. What does Edna bring Odili to drink on the sun porch?
(b) Palm wine.
15. What is the name of the trade unionist?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Azoge's stick important to Josiah?
2. Who gives Odili directions to Edna's house?
3. With what weapon does Odo threaten Odili on his visit to Edna's house in Chapter 10?
4. How does Odili manage to talk to Edna alone in Chapter 9?
5. How does Odili respond to Chief Nanga's bribe?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)