|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two men ask Chief Nanga for a copy of his speech?
(a) Mr. Jalio and the editor of the Daily Machet.
(b) The editors of the Daily Machet and the Daily Chronicle.
(c) The editor of the Daily Chronicle and Mr. Jalio.
(d) Mr. Jalio and Hezekiah Samalu.
2. To what region does Odili agree to being assigned?
(a) The southeast.
(b) The northeast.
(c) The southwest.
(d) The west.
3. When does Odili plan to see Edna again after his embarrassing accident?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) Her birthday.
(d) Christmas morning.
4. What does Odili hope to accomplish through his political activities?
(a) To be named Prime Minister.
(b) To unveil how corrupt Chief Nanga is and prevent his return to the Cabinet.
(c) To win the election by a landslide and be appointed to the Cabinet.
(d) To win at least great fame for himself, so that he might become powerful.
5. Of Odili, Chief Nanga, and Elsie, who goes to bed first after dinner at Chief Nanga's house?
(a) Odili and Elsie go to bed together.
(d) Chief Nanga.
6. Who heckles Maxwell during his speech in Chapter 12?
(a) Andrew Kadibe.
7. Why does Odili praise Edna's beauty and memory in English?
(a) To impress Odo.
(b) So Odo will not understand.
(c) Because it is a more serious language.
(d) So Edna may know he is well-educated.
8. What is the name of the trade unionist?
9. Why has the crowd gathered in Anata when Odili returns from Bori?
(a) The senior tutor has not left the bar in four days.
(b) Azoge, the blind beggar, has beaten Josiah.
(c) Josiah has stolen from Azoge, the blind beggar.
(d) Josiah has been serving alcohol to children.
10. What is the title of the poem Maxwell shows Odili?
(a) "Dance of the People of the Earth."
(b) "Mother-Earth's Offering to Man."
(c) "Dance-Offering to the Earth-Mother."
(d) "The Lady of Shalott."
11. What does Chief Nanga predict that Nigeria will soon produce?
(a) Free trade.
(b) A world-famous singer.
(c) A world-class author.
(d) A new form of government.
12. How do the people treat Josiah after the incident at the bar?
(a) They praise him.
(b) They boycott him.
(c) They treat him just the same.
(d) They go in fear of him.
13. How does Edna react to seeing Odili after the launching of the campaign?
(a) With joy.
(b) With love.
(c) With sadness.
(d) With anger.
14. What surprising individual backs the new political party in Chapter 8?
(a) Eddy, Chief Nanga's eldest son.
(b) A junior member in the present government.
(c) Principal Nwege.
(d) Mrs. Nanga.
15. What sort of force does Odili state that the paper Maxwell signed has?
(a) Political force.
(b) Ethical force.
(c) Moral force.
(d) Legal force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maxwell see Chief Nanga as an example of?
2. In what way will the new political party differ from the old parties, according to Maxwell?
3. Whom does Odili hear talking to Elsie through the door?
4. After Hezekiah is arrested, what do the trucks take away?
5. Who arrives at the Samalu house the day after Odili meets with Chief Nanga?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)