|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hezekiah's chief motivation in politics?
(a) Advancement of an ideology.
(b) Personal gain.
(c) Personal autonomy.
(d) Protection of the people.
2. What is the name of the trade unionist?
3. Who heckles Maxwell during his speech in Chapter 12?
(d) Andrew Kadibe.
4. In what way will the new political party differ from the old parties, according to Maxwell?
(a) They will spend more on the military.
(b) Their candidates will have better educations and speeches.
(c) They will operate cleanly.
(d) They will have more money.
5. How many floors does Chief Nanga's new house have?
6. How does Edna react to seeing Odili after the launching of the campaign?
(a) With sadness.
(b) With love.
(c) With anger.
(d) With joy.
7. Why will Mrs. Nanga not accompany her husband to the United States?
(a) Chief Nanga forbids her to go.
(b) She must manage the affairs of state in her husband's absence.
(c) She must stay with the children.
(d) She lacks education.
8. What is Odili disappointed to find out about Maxwell at the Samalu house after the launching of the local campaign?
(a) That he has decided to break off his engagement with Eunice.
(b) That he has accepted Chief Nanga's bribe.
(c) That he bought himself a car with party money.
(d) That he paid off the newspapers for good news.
9. Why does Chief Nanga give the editor rent money in Chapter 7?
(a) To prevent blackmail.
(b) The editor is Mrs. Nanga's brother.
(c) They are old friends.
(d) The chief borrowed money from the editor and owes him.
10. Where do Chief Nanga, Odili and Hezekiah meet?
(a) The Urua Grammar School.
(b) The Samalu house.
11. Why does Mrs. Nanga feel pity for Edna?
(a) Mrs. Nanga knows Edna will not be happy living in Bori.
(b) Chief Nanga intends to use Edna for bearing many children.
(c) Edna is ignorant of how cruel Chief Nanga can be to his wives.
(d) Mrs. Nanga was also forced into marriage rather than continue her education.
12. To what room in Chief Nanga's house are Elsie's bags taken?
(a) The guestroom.
(b) Odili's room.
(c) Chief Nanga's room.
(d) Mrs. Nanga's room.
13. For what does the radio announce Hezekiah was removed as local POP chairman?
(b) Anti-party activities.
(d) Assaulting a minister of the Cabinet.
14. With what weapon does Odo threaten Odili on his visit to Edna's house in Chapter 10?
(a) A machet.
(b) A rusty chain.
(c) A double-barreled gun.
(d) A club.
15. After Hezekiah is arrested, what do the trucks take away?
(a) Much of Urua's food supply.
(b) Part of the Samalu compound.
(c) All of the Samalu furniture.
(d) Pipes for the Rural Water Scheme.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the political turmoil begins, with how much money does Odili return to Anata?
2. When does Odili plan to see Edna again after his embarrassing accident?
3. Who is called the third vulture?
4. What animals, after leaving the Odo house, ruin Odili's plan involving Edna?
5. From where is the one foreigner present at the founding of the new political party in Chapter 8?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)