|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Azoge's stick important to Josiah?
(a) It belonged to his father.
(b) He wants to use it to make medicine.
(c) He was beaten with it and wants it broken.
(d) It has a charm against evil spirits and bad fortune.
2. Which two men ask Chief Nanga for a copy of his speech?
(a) Mr. Jalio and the editor of the Daily Machet.
(b) The editors of the Daily Machet and the Daily Chronicle.
(c) The editor of the Daily Chronicle and Mr. Jalio.
(d) Mr. Jalio and Hezekiah Samalu.
3. Why does Odili not want to launch the local campaign at his father's house?
(a) His father is the local chairman of the POP.
(b) The PAP is holding a rally nearby.
(c) His father's health is fragile.
(d) The compound is too small.
4. What do the placards carried by the Nangavanga accuse Odili of being?
(c) A homosexual.
(d) A traitor.
5. In what way will the new political party differ from the old parties, according to Maxwell?
(a) They will have more money.
(b) They will operate cleanly.
(c) They will spend more on the military.
(d) Their candidates will have better educations and speeches.
6. Why does Chief Nanga say he is offering Odili a bribe?
(a) Chief Nanga is frightened that Odili is making progress in the area.
(b) Chief Nanga wants Odili to come work for him.
(c) Chief Nanga feels he deserves to be elected unopposed.
(d) Chief Nanga wants Odili to stay away from Edna.
7. Where is Edna's mother when Odili first arrives at her house?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The church.
(c) The bedroom.
8. Why does Odili praise Edna's beauty and memory in English?
(a) To impress Odo.
(b) So Edna may know he is well-educated.
(c) Because it is a more serious language.
(d) So Odo will not understand.
9. Why has the crowd gathered in Anata when Odili returns from Bori?
(a) Josiah has stolen from Azoge, the blind beggar.
(b) Josiah has been serving alcohol to children.
(c) The senior tutor has not left the bar in four days.
(d) Azoge, the blind beggar, has beaten Josiah.
10. What is the name of the political party formed in Chapter 8?
(a) The Cultural Protection Committee.
(b) The Progressive Alliance Party.
(c) The Political Correctness Party.
(d) The Common People's Convention.
11. To what region does Odili agree to being assigned?
(a) The northeast.
(b) The southwest.
(c) The west.
(d) The southeast.
12. With whom does Odili, in his letter, say Edna can satisfy herself with if Chief Nanga is unable?
(a) Chief Nanga's son.
13. How much does Chief Nanga say Maxwell has taken in bribes?
(a) 4,000 pounds.
(b) 650 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
14. Who gives Odili directions to Edna's house?
(a) Mrs. Nanga.
(c) Eddy Nanga.
15. From where is the one foreigner present at the founding of the new political party in Chapter 8?
(a) South Africa.
(b) Eastern Europe.
(c) North America.
(d) Western Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hezekiah's chief motivation in politics?
2. What sort of force does Odili state that the paper Maxwell signed has?
3. What does Odili hope to accomplish through his political activities?
4. Why will Odili not retrieve Elsie in front of Chief Nanga?
5. With whom does the PAP reveal that the Minister of Foreign Trade has been illegitimately making a profit?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)