|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprising individual backs the new political party in Chapter 8?
(a) Mrs. Nanga.
(b) Principal Nwege.
(c) Eddy, Chief Nanga's eldest son.
(d) A junior member in the present government.
2. What book does Odili think influenced Edna's letter?
(a) "Toasts: How to Make Them."
(b) "The Complete Loveletter Writer."
(c) "The Song of the Blackbird."
(d) "Speeches: How to Make Them."
3. From where is the one foreigner present at the founding of the new political party in Chapter 8?
(a) Eastern Europe.
(b) North America.
(c) South Africa.
(d) Western Europe.
4. How has Odili's view towards Edna changed by the start of Chapter 11?
(a) He wants more and more to use her simply for revenge.
(b) He has lost much respect for her.
(c) He is indifferent to her.
(d) He wants her for her rather than as revenge against Chief Nanga.
5. Who bars Odili from the school hall in Anata?
(a) The military.
(b) The Nangavanga.
(c) Principal Nwege.
(d) Odo and Josiah.
6. How much money does Maxwell say the POP has received from British Amalgamated?
(a) 100,000 pounds.
(b) 1,000,000 pounds.
(c) 75,000 pounds.
(d) 400,000 pounds.
7. What is Odili disappointed to find out about Maxwell at the Samalu house after the launching of the local campaign?
(a) That he has accepted Chief Nanga's bribe.
(b) That he bought himself a car with party money.
(c) That he paid off the newspapers for good news.
(d) That he has decided to break off his engagement with Eunice.
8. How many girls does Chief Nanga promise Odili?
9. What is the immediate task of the new party in Chapter 8?
(a) To win the next election.
(b) To arm the people.
(c) To start a dialogue with the British.
(d) To record corruption in the government.
10. What does Odili hope to accomplish through his political activities?
(a) To unveil how corrupt Chief Nanga is and prevent his return to the Cabinet.
(b) To win the election by a landslide and be appointed to the Cabinet.
(c) To win at least great fame for himself, so that he might become powerful.
(d) To be named Prime Minister.
11. How do the people treat Josiah after the incident at the bar?
(a) They treat him just the same.
(b) They praise him.
(c) They boycott him.
(d) They go in fear of him.
12. What do the placards carried by the Nangavanga accuse Odili of being?
(a) A traitor.
(d) A homosexual.
13. What animals, after leaving the Odo house, ruin Odili's plan involving Edna?
14. What does Odili do when he realizes that his host has shamed him?
(a) Packs his suitcases.
(b) Kicks in the door.
(c) Sets the house on fire.
(d) Weeps uncontrollably.
15. After the political turmoil begins, with how much money does Odili return to Anata?
(a) 600 pounds.
(b) 800 pounds.
(c) 250 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Chief Nanga say Maxwell has taken in bribes?
2. With whom does Odili, in his letter, say Edna can satisfy herself with if Chief Nanga is unable?
3. Why will Mrs. Nanga not accompany her husband to the United States?
4. When does Odili plan to see Edna again after his embarrassing accident?
5. What is the name of the trade unionist?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)