|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Odili not want to launch the local campaign at his father's house?
(a) The PAP is holding a rally nearby.
(b) His father is the local chairman of the POP.
(c) The compound is too small.
(d) His father's health is fragile.
2. Who is called the third vulture?
(a) The POP.
(b) The ACP.
(c) The CPC.
(d) The PAP.
3. Of Odili, Chief Nanga, and Elsie, who goes to bed first after dinner at Chief Nanga's house?
(a) Odili and Elsie go to bed together.
(c) Chief Nanga.
4. How do the people treat Josiah after the incident at the bar?
(a) They boycott him.
(b) They treat him just the same.
(c) They praise him.
(d) They go in fear of him.
5. How does Odili manage to talk to Edna alone in Chapter 9?
(a) He tells her has an important message from Chief Nanga.
(b) He gives her father a small piece of gold.
(c) He gives her a ride to the hospital.
(d) He invites her to Mrs. Nanga's house.
6. Why does Odili praise Edna's beauty and memory in English?
(a) To impress Odo.
(b) Because it is a more serious language.
(c) So Edna may know he is well-educated.
(d) So Odo will not understand.
7. Why has the crowd gathered in Anata when Odili returns from Bori?
(a) Azoge, the blind beggar, has beaten Josiah.
(b) Josiah has been serving alcohol to children.
(c) The senior tutor has not left the bar in four days.
(d) Josiah has stolen from Azoge, the blind beggar.
8. What does Maxwell see Chief Nanga as an example of?
(a) What happens when an intelligent man has too much power.
(b) An insignificant buffoon.
(c) Why intelligent people should not abandon politics.
(d) A charming leader.
9. How does Odili respond to Chief Nanga's bribe?
(c) "Give me 600."
(d) "Give me 4,000."
10. Where do Chief Nanga, Odili and Hezekiah meet?
(c) The Urua Grammar School.
(d) The Samalu house.
11. What is the immediate task of the new party in Chapter 8?
(a) To arm the people.
(b) To record corruption in the government.
(c) To win the next election.
(d) To start a dialogue with the British.
12. What do the placards carried by the Nangavanga accuse Odili of being?
(a) A traitor.
(d) A homosexual.
13. When does Odili plan to see Edna again after his embarrassing accident?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) Christmas morning.
14. Why does Chief Nanga say he is offering Odili a bribe?
(a) Chief Nanga feels he deserves to be elected unopposed.
(b) Chief Nanga wants Odili to stay away from Edna.
(c) Chief Nanga is frightened that Odili is making progress in the area.
(d) Chief Nanga wants Odili to come work for him.
15. What is Maxwell's father's job?
(a) Senior member in the POP.
(c) Catholic lay missionary.
(d) Anglican priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Odili initially plan on getting his revenge?
2. How much money does Maxwell say the POP has received from British Amalgamated?
3. Who is waiting for Odili outside Chief Nanga's house when he returns?
4. When Odili returns to Anata after first meeting Maxwell and his friends, where does he find a large crowd?
5. What does Chief Nanga predict that Nigeria will soon produce?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)