|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the PAP reveal that the Minister of Foreign Trade has been illegitimately making a profit?
(a) Chief Nanga.
(b) The U.S. State Department.
(c) Suleiman Wagada.
(d) British Amalgamated.
2. What is Hezekiah's chief motivation in politics?
(a) Personal autonomy.
(b) Protection of the people.
(c) Personal gain.
(d) Advancement of an ideology.
3. To what region does Odili agree to being assigned?
(a) The southeast.
(b) The southwest.
(c) The west.
(d) The northeast.
4. On what date does Odili return to Anata after first meeting with Maxwell and his friends?
(a) Jan. 1.
(b) Dec. 18.
(c) Dec. 23.
(d) Dec. 25.
5. With whom does Odili, in his letter, say Edna can satisfy herself with if Chief Nanga is unable?
(b) Chief Nanga's son.
6. How do the people treat Josiah after the incident at the bar?
(a) They treat him just the same.
(b) They go in fear of him.
(c) They boycott him.
(d) They praise him.
7. Of what is Hezekiah convinced at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) That Chief Nanga will increase his offer.
(b) That Chief Nanga is going to send his thugs after them.
(c) That Odili will change his mind.
(d) That Maxwell has taken a bribe.
8. How does Odili initially plan on getting his revenge?
(a) By starting a revolution.
(b) By sleeping with Edna.
(c) By exposing Chief Nanga to the press.
(d) By sleeping with Mrs. Nanga.
9. What animals, after leaving the Odo house, ruin Odili's plan involving Edna?
10. Of Odili, Chief Nanga, and Elsie, who goes to bed first after dinner at Chief Nanga's house?
(a) Chief Nanga.
(d) Odili and Elsie go to bed together.
11. How much does Chief Nanga say Maxwell has taken in bribes?
(a) 4,000 pounds.
(b) 250 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 650 pounds.
12. What is the name of the trade unionist?
13. How does Odili respond to Chief Nanga's bribe?
(a) "Give me 600."
(c) "Give me 4,000."
14. What is the name of Odili's chief bodyguard?
15. Where is Edna's mother when Odili first arrives at her house?
(a) The hospital.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Odili do when he realizes that his host has shamed him?
2. What is the immediate task of the new party in Chapter 8?
3. Why does Mrs. Nanga feel pity for Edna?
4. Who heckles Maxwell during his speech in Chapter 12?
5. What is the name of the political party formed in Chapter 8?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)