|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two men ask Chief Nanga for a copy of his speech?
(a) The editor of the Daily Chronicle and Mr. Jalio.
(b) Mr. Jalio and the editor of the Daily Machet.
(c) Mr. Jalio and Hezekiah Samalu.
(d) The editors of the Daily Machet and the Daily Chronicle.
2. What is the name of Odili's chief bodyguard?
3. After the political turmoil begins, with how much money does Odili return to Anata?
(a) 800 pounds.
(b) 600 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
4. Why does Chief Nanga give the editor rent money in Chapter 7?
(a) To prevent blackmail.
(b) The editor is Mrs. Nanga's brother.
(c) They are old friends.
(d) The chief borrowed money from the editor and owes him.
5. What does Odo call Odili's new car?
(a) A tortoise.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A bug.
(d) A kolanut.
6. For what does PIV. stand?
(a) Poor Innocent Victim.
(b) Promising Instant Virility.
(c) People's Infantry Vanguard.
(d) Protecting Inebriated Victims.
7. Who is waiting for Odili outside Chief Nanga's house when he returns?
(a) Chief Nanga.
(b) The police.
(d) Mrs. Nanga.
8. In what way will the new political party differ from the old parties, according to Maxwell?
(a) They will spend more on the military.
(b) They will operate cleanly.
(c) They will have more money.
(d) Their candidates will have better educations and speeches.
9. When does Odili plan to see Edna again after his embarrassing accident?
(a) Christmas morning.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) Her birthday.
10. To what region does Odili agree to being assigned?
(a) The southwest.
(b) The west.
(c) The northeast.
(d) The southeast.
11. With whom does Odili, in his letter, say Edna can satisfy herself with if Chief Nanga is unable?
(b) Chief Nanga's son.
12. How much money does Maxwell say the POP has received from British Amalgamated?
(a) 400,000 pounds.
(b) 75,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000,000 pounds.
(d) 100,000 pounds.
13. Who bars Odili from the school hall in Anata?
(a) The Nangavanga.
(b) Odo and Josiah.
(c) The military.
(d) Principal Nwege.
14. How many floors does Chief Nanga's new house have?
15. Why is Azoge's stick important to Josiah?
(a) It belonged to his father.
(b) He wants to use it to make medicine.
(c) It has a charm against evil spirits and bad fortune.
(d) He was beaten with it and wants it broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Odili hear talking to Elsie through the door?
2. Who from Anata offers to join Odili's campaign?
3. Who arrives at the Samalu house the day after Odili meets with Chief Nanga?
4. What is Odili disappointed to find out about Maxwell at the Samalu house after the launching of the local campaign?
5. From where is the one foreigner present at the founding of the new political party in Chapter 8?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)