|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Odili hear talking to Elsie through the door?
(a) Chief Nanga.
(b) No one.
(d) Mrs. Nanga.
2. What does Edna bring Odili to drink on the sun porch?
(c) Palm wine.
3. Who gives Odili directions to Edna's house?
(a) Mrs. Nanga.
(c) Eddy Nanga.
4. In what way will the new political party differ from the old parties, according to Maxwell?
(a) They will have more money.
(b) Their candidates will have better educations and speeches.
(c) They will operate cleanly.
(d) They will spend more on the military.
5. From where is the one foreigner present at the founding of the new political party in Chapter 8?
(a) South Africa.
(b) Western Europe.
(c) North America.
(d) Eastern Europe.
6. What does Chief Nanga predict that Nigeria will soon produce?
(a) A world-class author.
(b) A world-famous singer.
(c) Free trade.
(d) A new form of government.
7. With whom does the PAP reveal that the Minister of Foreign Trade has been illegitimately making a profit?
(a) The U.S. State Department.
(b) Chief Nanga.
(c) British Amalgamated.
(d) Suleiman Wagada.
8. What is Odili disappointed to find out about Maxwell at the Samalu house after the launching of the local campaign?
(a) That he has decided to break off his engagement with Eunice.
(b) That he paid off the newspapers for good news.
(c) That he bought himself a car with party money.
(d) That he has accepted Chief Nanga's bribe.
9. With whom does Odili, in his letter, say Edna can satisfy herself with if Chief Nanga is unable?
(a) Chief Nanga's son.
10. Where does Odili go after leaving Chief Nanga's house for the final time?
(a) His house in Anata.
(b) Maxwell Kulamo's apartment.
(c) The Daily Chronicle's office.
(d) His house in Urua.
11. What sort of force does Odili state that the paper Maxwell signed has?
(a) Ethical force.
(b) Political force.
(c) Legal force.
(d) Moral force.
12. What does Odili hope to accomplish through his political activities?
(a) To win the election by a landslide and be appointed to the Cabinet.
(b) To be named Prime Minister.
(c) To win at least great fame for himself, so that he might become powerful.
(d) To unveil how corrupt Chief Nanga is and prevent his return to the Cabinet.
13. What does Odili do after awaking at 4 a.m.?
(a) Wanders the streets of Bori.
(b) Reads the newspaper.
(c) Takes the bus back to Anata.
(d) Kicks Elsie out of the house in tears.
14. Who heckles Maxwell during his speech in Chapter 12?
(b) Andrew Kadibe.
15. When Odili returns to Anata after first meeting Maxwell and his friends, where does he find a large crowd?
(a) Outside the grammar school.
(b) Outside Josiah's bar.
(c) Outside Edna's house.
(d) Outside his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Odili plan to see Edna again after his embarrassing accident?
2. Why is Azoge's stick important to Josiah?
3. What does Odili do when he realizes that his host has shamed him?
4. Why does Chief Nanga say he is offering Odili a bribe?
5. Which two men ask Chief Nanga for a copy of his speech?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)