|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Mrs. Nanga not accompany her husband to the United States?
(a) She must manage the affairs of state in her husband's absence.
(b) Chief Nanga forbids her to go.
(c) She must stay with the children.
(d) She lacks education.
2. After Hezekiah is arrested, what do the trucks take away?
(a) Much of Urua's food supply.
(b) All of the Samalu furniture.
(c) Pipes for the Rural Water Scheme.
(d) Part of the Samalu compound.
3. With whom does the PAP reveal that the Minister of Foreign Trade has been illegitimately making a profit?
(a) Chief Nanga.
(b) The U.S. State Department.
(c) British Amalgamated.
(d) Suleiman Wagada.
4. How does Odili manage to talk to Edna alone in Chapter 9?
(a) He tells her has an important message from Chief Nanga.
(b) He gives her father a small piece of gold.
(c) He invites her to Mrs. Nanga's house.
(d) He gives her a ride to the hospital.
5. On what date does Odili return to Anata after first meeting with Maxwell and his friends?
(a) Dec. 18.
(b) Dec. 25.
(c) Dec. 23.
(d) Jan. 1.
6. What does Chief Nanga predict that Nigeria will soon produce?
(a) Free trade.
(b) A world-famous singer.
(c) A new form of government.
(d) A world-class author.
7. When does Odili feel the full weight of his humiliation?
(a) The night after.
(b) He never feels it.
(c) As soon as he arrives at Maxwell's apartment.
(d) After Maxwell leaves for court.
8. For what does the radio announce Hezekiah was removed as local POP chairman?
(a) Anti-party activities.
(b) Assaulting a minister of the Cabinet.
9. Why does Odili praise Edna's beauty and memory in English?
(a) So Odo will not understand.
(b) So Edna may know he is well-educated.
(c) Because it is a more serious language.
(d) To impress Odo.
10. What animals, after leaving the Odo house, ruin Odili's plan involving Edna?
11. How much money does Maxwell say the POP has received from British Amalgamated?
(a) 75,000 pounds.
(b) 400,000 pounds.
(c) 1,000,000 pounds.
(d) 100,000 pounds.
12. What is the name of Odili's chief bodyguard?
13. How many floors does Chief Nanga's new house have?
14. What is the name of the political party formed in Chapter 8?
(a) The Cultural Protection Committee.
(b) The Political Correctness Party.
(c) The Progressive Alliance Party.
(d) The Common People's Convention.
15. What is the name of the trade unionist?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Odili returns to Anata after first meeting Maxwell and his friends, where does he find a large crowd?
2. What does Odili do after awaking at 4 a.m.?
3. In what way will the new political party differ from the old parties, according to Maxwell?
4. Where is Edna's mother when Odili first arrives at her house?
5. What surprising individual backs the new political party in Chapter 8?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)