|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what weapon does Odo threaten Odili on his visit to Edna's house in Chapter 10?
(a) A rusty chain.
(b) A double-barreled gun.
(c) A club.
(d) A machet.
2. For what does the radio announce Hezekiah was removed as local POP chairman?
(a) Assaulting a minister of the Cabinet.
(b) Anti-party activities.
3. What is the title of the poem Maxwell shows Odili?
(a) "Mother-Earth's Offering to Man."
(b) "Dance of the People of the Earth."
(c) "Dance-Offering to the Earth-Mother."
(d) "The Lady of Shalott."
4. Who is waiting for Odili outside Chief Nanga's house when he returns?
(a) The police.
(c) Mrs. Nanga.
(d) Chief Nanga.
5. From where is the one foreigner present at the founding of the new political party in Chapter 8?
(a) North America.
(b) South Africa.
(c) Western Europe.
(d) Eastern Europe.
6. How much does Chief Nanga say Maxwell has taken in bribes?
(a) 250 pounds.
(b) 650 pounds.
(c) 4,000 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
7. What sort of force does Odili state that the paper Maxwell signed has?
(a) Legal force.
(b) Political force.
(c) Ethical force.
(d) Moral force.
8. Why does Mrs. Nanga feel pity for Edna?
(a) Chief Nanga intends to use Edna for bearing many children.
(b) Edna is ignorant of how cruel Chief Nanga can be to his wives.
(c) Mrs. Nanga was also forced into marriage rather than continue her education.
(d) Mrs. Nanga knows Edna will not be happy living in Bori.
9. When does Odili plan to see Edna again after his embarrassing accident?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) Christmas morning.
10. Whom does Odili hear talking to Elsie through the door?
(b) Mrs. Nanga.
(c) Chief Nanga.
(d) No one.
11. How does Edna react to seeing Odili after the launching of the campaign?
(a) With sadness.
(b) With joy.
(c) With love.
(d) With anger.
12. Why will Mrs. Nanga not accompany her husband to the United States?
(a) She lacks education.
(b) She must manage the affairs of state in her husband's absence.
(c) Chief Nanga forbids her to go.
(d) She must stay with the children.
13. To what region does Odili agree to being assigned?
(a) The southeast.
(b) The southwest.
(c) The west.
(d) The northeast.
14. What does Maxwell see Chief Nanga as an example of?
(a) Why intelligent people should not abandon politics.
(b) What happens when an intelligent man has too much power.
(c) An insignificant buffoon.
(d) A charming leader.
15. When Odili returns to Anata after first meeting Maxwell and his friends, where does he find a large crowd?
(a) Outside the grammar school.
(b) Outside Edna's house.
(c) Outside Josiah's bar.
(d) Outside his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Odili's chief bodyguard?
2. Why does Odili praise Edna's beauty and memory in English?
3. After Hezekiah is arrested, what do the trucks take away?
4. Why will Odili not retrieve Elsie in front of Chief Nanga?
5. How much money does Maxwell say the POP has received from British Amalgamated?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)