|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what room in Chief Nanga's house are Elsie's bags taken?
(a) Odili's room.
(b) Chief Nanga's room.
(c) Mrs. Nanga's room.
(d) The guestroom.
2. Whom does Odili hear talking to Elsie through the door?
(a) No one.
(b) Mrs. Nanga.
(d) Chief Nanga.
3. How many bodyguards does Odili hire altogether?
4. What animals, after leaving the Odo house, ruin Odili's plan involving Edna?
5. What does Odili hope to accomplish through his political activities?
(a) To win at least great fame for himself, so that he might become powerful.
(b) To win the election by a landslide and be appointed to the Cabinet.
(c) To be named Prime Minister.
(d) To unveil how corrupt Chief Nanga is and prevent his return to the Cabinet.
6. How many girls does Chief Nanga promise Odili?
7. What is Maxwell's father's job?
(a) Catholic lay missionary.
(c) Senior member in the POP.
(d) Anglican priest.
8. With whom does the PAP reveal that the Minister of Foreign Trade has been illegitimately making a profit?
(a) British Amalgamated.
(b) The U.S. State Department.
(c) Chief Nanga.
(d) Suleiman Wagada.
9. What does Edna bring Odili to drink on the sun porch?
(b) Palm wine.
10. What do the placards carried by the Nangavanga accuse Odili of being?
(b) A traitor.
(d) A homosexual.
11. When Odili returns to Anata after first meeting Maxwell and his friends, where does he find a large crowd?
(a) Outside Josiah's bar.
(b) Outside the grammar school.
(c) Outside his house.
(d) Outside Edna's house.
12. Against whom does Odili announce his candidacy?
(a) Chief Nanga.
(b) Chief Kobino.
(c) Chief Koko.
(d) Chief Wagada.
13. How has Odili's view towards Edna changed by the start of Chapter 11?
(a) He is indifferent to her.
(b) He wants more and more to use her simply for revenge.
(c) He wants her for her rather than as revenge against Chief Nanga.
(d) He has lost much respect for her.
14. How do the people treat Josiah after the incident at the bar?
(a) They praise him.
(b) They boycott him.
(c) They go in fear of him.
(d) They treat him just the same.
15. How much does Chief Nanga say Maxwell has taken in bribes?
(a) 250 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 4,000 pounds.
(d) 650 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Odili outside Chief Nanga's house when he returns?
2. Who gives Odili directions to Edna's house?
3. How does Edna react to seeing Odili after the launching of the campaign?
4. What is Hezekiah's chief motivation in politics?
5. Why has the crowd gathered in Anata when Odili returns from Bori?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)