|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do the Nangas have?
2. When do Jean and Odili leave Jean's house?
(a) 1:30 a.m.
(b) 7:15 a.m.
(c) 12:26 a.m.
(d) 11:45 p.m.
3. Whom does Chief Nanga call when he comes home for lunch?
(a) The Minister of Public Construction.
(b) The Minister for Overseas Training.
(c) The Minister of Foreign Trade.
(d) The Prime Minister.
4. What does Jean interpret as a sign of lust?
(a) Running the hand through the hair.
(b) Frequent stretching.
(c) Narrowed eyes and a slightly opened mouth.
5. From where is Chief Nanga's second wife-to-be?
6. What is Chief Nanga described as wearing when he exits his Cadillac at the school?
(a) Damask and gold chains.
(b) Sunglasses and a sportcoat.
(c) Leather and gold chains.
(d) Boots and a hat.
7. Why does Mrs. Nanga bring the children to Anata?
(a) To celebrate the holidays.
(b) To educate them.
(c) To retain their heritage.
(d) To visit their relatives.
8. Whom does Odili notice in the crowd at the Writer's Society's hall?
(a) Andrew Kadibe.
(c) Principal Nwege.
9. Where in the car does Elsie sit?
(a) By the right door.
(b) Between Chief Nanga and Odili.
(c) Up front.
(d) By the left door.
10. Odili is afraid that Chief Nanga will want to:
(a) Swap women.
(b) Talk all night.
(c) Kill Elsie.
(d) Get him very drunk.
11. Jokingly, Odili tells his houseboy, Peter, that the government passed a law saying people may only do what two times a day?
(b) Use the bathroom.
(c) Leave their house.
12. What does Odili ultimately think of Jean?
(a) She is insensitive.
(b) She is unintelligent.
(c) She is a bigot.
(d) She is attractive.
13. What is the name Elsie shouts out while making love to Odili?
14. When does Odili's mother die?
(a) At childbirth.
(b) She is still alive.
(c) When he was 3.
(d) When he was 1.
15. In what year does Odili become disillusioned with the POP?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Odili go after Chief Nanga's important guest in Chapter 5 arrives?
2. What does Andrew Kadibe try to sound like when he knocks at Odili's door?
3. How does Odili state his view of Elsie to Chief Nanga?
4. What is the name of the president of the Writer's Society?
5. According to Mrs. Nanga, embassy events are how many pence talk and how many pence food?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)