|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the president of the Writer's Society?
(a) Mr. Akilo.
(b) Mr. Samalu.
(c) Mr. Jalio.
(d) Mr. Iganu.
2. How long is Nwege's speech in Chapter 1?
(a) More than hour.
(b) More than 40 minutes.
(c) Less than five minutes.
(d) More than 20 minutes.
3. How is Odili received at Chief Nanga's house?
4. What detail about one man's robes in Chapter 6 most catches Odili's attention?
(a) The robe's poor quality.
(b) The robe's eccentric patterning.
(c) The robe's brilliant colors.
(d) The tailor's advertisement.
5. How long has it been since Odili last spoke with Chief Nanga?
(a) Ten years.
(b) More than 15 years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
6. How does Jean look at Chief Nanga?
7. What does Jean interpret as a sign of lust?
(a) Running the hand through the hair.
(c) Narrowed eyes and a slightly opened mouth.
(d) Frequent stretching.
8. How many wives does Odili's father have before marrying Odili's mother?
9. What is the name of Chief Nanga's second wife-to-be?
10. By what name do Jean and John greet Chief Nanga?
(a) Your Honour.
(c) Chief Nanga.
11. Why does Jean say sex means more to a woman than a man?
(a) It makes woman a part of man's world.
(b) Women become mothers through sex.
(c) It takes place inside her.
(d) Women have sex less frequently.
12. What does Andrew Kadibe try to sound like when he knocks at Odili's door?
(a) A girl.
(b) An old man.
(c) A pig.
13. Jokingly, Odili tells his houseboy, Peter, that the government passed a law saying people may only do what two times a day?
(a) Leave their house.
(c) Use the bathroom.
14. What sort of buses does Chief Nanga purchase?
15. Where do Odili and Jean go after leaving Jean's house?
(a) Immediately to Chief Nanga's house.
(b) Through the streets of Bori.
(c) To Urua.
(d) To Anata.
Short Answer Questions
1. What guild causes a stir when it arrives at the Assembly Hall?
2. What food does Odili initially ask Peter to cook while Andrew Kadibe is visiting?
3. Where does Odili recall meeting Elsie?
4. What does the Senior Tutor take from the reception?
5. What does Peter buy for his father?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)