|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean interpret as a sign of lust?
(b) Narrowed eyes and a slightly opened mouth.
(c) Running the hand through the hair.
(d) Frequent stretching.
2. Whom do Chief Nanga and Odili visit in Chapter 3?
(a) The Minister for Overseas Training.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The Minister of Foreign Trade.
(d) The Minister of Public Construction.
3. How does Jean look at Chief Nanga?
4. For what does OHMS stand?
(a) Our Humbly Made Stuff.
(b) Old Home Made Stuff.
(c) Our Hospitably Maintained Services.
(d) Our Home Made Stuff.
5. With whom did Odili live in Giligili?
(a) Foster parents.
(b) His half-sister's family.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
6. How many pounds does each bus cost?
7. What sort of event must Chief Nanga attend in Chapter 6?
(a) A theater production.
(b) A book exhibition.
(c) A Cabinet meeting.
(d) A meeting at the U.S. Embassy.
8. Who resents Odili's favor with Chief Nanga?
(b) Mrs. John.
(c) Andrew Kadibe.
(d) Principal Nwege.
9. What detail about one man's robes in Chapter 6 most catches Odili's attention?
(a) The robe's brilliant colors.
(b) The tailor's advertisement.
(c) The robe's eccentric patterning.
(d) The robe's poor quality.
10. In what year does Odili become disillusioned with the POP?
11. Where does Odili go after Chief Nanga's important guest in Chapter 5 arrives?
(a) To a dinner party.
(b) Back to Anata.
(c) For a walk through Bori.
(d) To his home in Urua.
12. What does Andrew Kadibe try to sound like when he knocks at Odili's door?
(a) A pig.
(b) An old man.
(d) A girl.
13. What is John's job?
(a) International trade.
(b) Public relations advisor.
(c) Radio journalism.
(d) Newspaper editor.
14. What was the nighttime entertainment in Giligili?
(a) Squishing bugs.
(b) A crazy old man's stories.
(c) Watching the fire burn.
(d) Killing rats.
15. How many wives does Odili's father have before marrying Odili's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter buy for his father?
2. What food does Odili initially ask Peter to cook while Andrew Kadibe is visiting?
3. What is Chief Nanga described as wearing when he exits his Cadillac at the school?
4. What, in Chief Nanga's days as a scoutmaster, is considered the "very acme of sophistication"?
5. By what name do Jean and John greet Chief Nanga?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)