|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Nwege's speech in Chapter 1?
(a) More than 20 minutes.
(b) More than 40 minutes.
(c) More than hour.
(d) Less than five minutes.
2. When do Jean and Odili leave Jean's house?
(a) 1:30 a.m.
(b) 12:26 a.m.
(c) 11:45 p.m.
(d) 7:15 a.m.
3. Why does Odili have his present teaching job instead of a civil-service job?
(c) A girl.
4. Why does Jean say sex means more to a woman than a man?
(a) Women become mothers through sex.
(b) Women have sex less frequently.
(c) It makes woman a part of man's world.
(d) It takes place inside her.
5. How many children do the Nangas have?
6. In the beginning of Chapter 2, Odili says: "It doesn't matter <i>what</i> you knew, but __________________"
(a) <i>Who</i> you knew.
(b) <i>What</i> you didn't know.
(c) <i>Who</i> knew you.
(d) <i>Where</i> you're known.
7. How many wives does Odili's father have before marrying Odili's mother?
8. Where do Odili and Jean go after leaving Jean's house?
(a) To Anata.
(b) To Urua.
(c) Through the streets of Bori.
(d) Immediately to Chief Nanga's house.
9. What is the general feeling of the people toward Odili's father?
10. What does Chief Nanga think of the president of the Writer's Society's dress?
(a) That it looks too much like the national costume.
(b) That it is ridiculous.
(c) That it needs more shine.
(d) That it is wonderful.
11. What does the Senior Tutor take from the reception?
(a) Principal Nwege's ring.
(b) A jug of beer.
(c) A jug of palm wine.
(d) Two bottles of beer.
12. Who does Odili ask Andrew about after the latter knocks at his door?
(a) The girl.
(b) The journalist.
(c) Chief Nanga.
(d) Mrs. John.
13. Where does Odili recall meeting Elsie?
(a) In Urua.
(b) At grammar school.
(c) In England.
(d) At a party.
14. To where does Chief Nanga invite Odili?
(b) The capital.
15. In what year does Odili become disillusioned with the POP?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chief Nanga say a man ought to do if someone offers to make him a minister?
2. What is the name of the soloist mentioned in Chapter 1?
3. From where does Chief Nanga get his bus-investment money?
4. What are the dismissed members of the Prime Minister's Cabinet called in Chapter 1?
5. Whom does Odili notice in the crowd at the Writer's Society's hall?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)