|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter eventually cook for his master while Andrew Kadibe is visiting?
(a) Beef stew.
(b) Jollof rice.
(c) Roast yams.
(d) Glazed pork.
2. Why has Odili lost his admiration for Chief Nanga?
(a) Chief Nanga dishonored his own father.
(b) Chief Nanga slept around once he got into power.
(c) Chief Nanga defended the dismissed Cabinet members.
(d) Chief Nanga joined in denouncing the dismissed Cabinet members.
3. What used to be Odili's father's profession?
(a) Chief of police.
(d) District interpreter.
4. In what year does Odili become disillusioned with the POP?
5. How is Odili received at Chief Nanga's house?
6. Where in the car does Elsie sit?
(a) By the left door.
(b) Between Chief Nanga and Odili.
(c) Up front.
(d) By the right door.
7. What does Chief Nanga say a man ought to do if someone offers to make him a minister?
(a) Think about it long and hard.
(b) Accept immediately.
(c) Run away.
(d) Slap him in the face.
8. With whom did Odili live in Giligili?
(a) His father.
(b) His half-sister's family.
(c) Foster parents.
(d) His uncle.
9. How long has it been since Odili last spoke with Chief Nanga?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Three years.
(c) More than 15 years.
(d) Five years.
10. Whom does Odili ask the journalist about?
(b) Chief Nanga.
(c) The young girl.
(d) Mrs. John.
11. Who arrives at Chief Nanga's house at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(b) Chief Kobino.
(c) Mrs. Akilo.
(d) The Prime Minister.
12. What misunderstood African gesture does Odili explain to the foreigners?
(a) Shaking the fist.
(b) Touching the forehead with the back of the left hand.
(c) Mussing up one's hair.
(d) Scrunching up the face.
13. Why does Jean say sex means more to a woman than a man?
(a) It makes woman a part of man's world.
(b) Women become mothers through sex.
(c) It takes place inside her.
(d) Women have sex less frequently.
14. Why does Odili have his present teaching job instead of a civil-service job?
(a) A girl.
15. What is the name of the president of the Writer's Society?
(a) Mr. Jalio.
(b) Mr. Samalu.
(c) Mr. Iganu.
(d) Mr. Akilo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chief Nanga says the standard education he received is worth more than what today?
2. When do Jean and Odili leave Jean's house?
3. Chapter 1 opens with Chief Nanga making an address at which school?
4. What causes Odili's division from his father?
5. What is the nickname of Odili's former next-door neighbor in his university days?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)