|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Odili ask the journalist about?
(a) The young girl.
(b) Chief Nanga.
(d) Mrs. John.
2. What does Chief Nanga think of the president of the Writer's Society's dress?
(a) That it is wonderful.
(b) That it looks too much like the national costume.
(c) That it is ridiculous.
(d) That it needs more shine.
3. What food does Odili initially ask Peter to cook while Andrew Kadibe is visiting?
4. What misunderstood African gesture does Odili explain to the foreigners?
(a) Shaking the fist.
(b) Scrunching up the face.
(c) Mussing up one's hair.
(d) Touching the forehead with the back of the left hand.
5. Who arrives at Chief Nanga's house at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(c) Chief Kobino.
(d) Mrs. Akilo.
6. What does the statute Odili reads in the newspaper concern?
(a) Food distribution.
(b) Excrement pails.
(c) Pit latrines.
(d) Automobile parking.
7. What is the name of the president of the Writer's Society?
(a) Mr. Jalio.
(b) Mr. Iganu.
(c) Mr. Samalu.
(d) Mr. Akilo.
8. Jokingly, Odili tells his houseboy, Peter, that the government passed a law saying people may only do what two times a day?
(a) Leave their house.
(d) Use the bathroom.
9. What is the name Elsie shouts out while making love to Odili?
10. Where in the car does Elsie sit?
(a) By the left door.
(b) By the right door.
(c) Up front.
(d) Between Chief Nanga and Odili.
11. What does Peter eventually cook for his master while Andrew Kadibe is visiting?
(a) Glazed pork.
(b) Beef stew.
(c) Roast yams.
(d) Jollof rice.
12. Who calls while Jean and Odili are making love?
(a) Chief Nanga.
(b) A government official.
(c) John, Jean's husband.
(d) Elsie Jackson.
13. How does Odili state his view of Elsie to Chief Nanga?
(a) She is just a good-time girl.
(b) He intends to marry her.
(c) He is serious about her.
(d) She is his best friend.
14. Chief Nanga says the standard education he received is worth more than what today?
(a) A Harvard degree.
(b) A Cambridge degree
(c) A Yale degree.
(d) An Oxford degree.
15. From what country do Jean and John come?
(d) The United States of America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John's most interesting claim about the his country?
2. What, in Chief Nanga's days as a scoutmaster, is considered the "very acme of sophistication"?
3. What is the title of the president of the Writer's Society's book?
4. How long is Nwege's speech in Chapter 1?
5. From where is Chief Nanga's second wife-to-be?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)