|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Odili is afraid that Chief Nanga will want to:
(a) Kill Elsie.
(b) Get him very drunk.
(c) Swap women.
(d) Talk all night.
2. What is Chief Nanga described as wearing when he exits his Cadillac at the school?
(a) Sunglasses and a sportcoat.
(b) Damask and gold chains.
(c) Boots and a hat.
(d) Leather and gold chains.
3. From where does Chief Nanga get his bus-investment money?
(a) The Minister of Foreign Trade.
(b) An increase in taxes.
(c) British Amalgamated.
(d) The Coffee Farmers Union.
4. How does the cook prove his innocence?
(a) He drinks the coffee.
(b) He gives Chief Koko the medicine.
(c) He produces a witness.
(d) He eats the soup.
5. Chapter 1 opens with Chief Nanga making an address at which school?
(a) The Urua Elementary School.
(b) The University.
(c) The Anata Grammar School.
(d) Cambridge University.
6. What does Odili ultimately think of Jean?
(a) She is unintelligent.
(b) She is a bigot.
(c) She is attractive.
(d) She is insensitive.
7. To where does Chief Nanga invite Odili?
(c) The capital.
8. What does the statute Odili reads in the newspaper concern?
(a) Food distribution.
(b) Pit latrines.
(c) Excrement pails.
(d) Automobile parking.
9. In what regard does John claim his country is improving?
(b) Women's rights.
(d) International affairs.
10. From what country does the other black man among the foreigners in Chapter 5 come?
11. Why does Odili have his present teaching job instead of a civil-service job?
(c) A girl.
12. How many children do the Nangas have?
13. Where is Odili from?
14. Why does Andrew Kadibe think it ridiculous for Chief Nanga to be the Minister of Culture?
(a) Chief Nanga is culturally ignorant.
(b) Chief Nanga is very poorly educated.
(c) Andrew believes he should be the Minister of Culture.
(d) Chief Nanga is insensitive.
15. What detail about one man's robes in Chapter 6 most catches Odili's attention?
(a) The tailor's advertisement.
(b) The robe's poor quality.
(c) The robe's eccentric patterning.
(d) The robe's brilliant colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Odili state his view of Elsie to Chief Nanga?
2. How do the Ministers of Overseas Training and Culture cover up their fear in Chapter 3?
3. According to Mrs. Nanga, embassy events are how many pence talk and how many pence food?
4. Where do Odili and Jean go after leaving Jean's house?
5. What does Chief Nanga do to Principal Nwege after the speech?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)