|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of degree is Chief Nanga to be awarded?
(a) Doctor of laws.
(b) Bachelor of arts.
(c) Master of public affairs.
(d) Doctor of history.
2. What is the general feeling of the people toward Odili's father?
3. What does Peter eventually cook for his master while Andrew Kadibe is visiting?
(a) Roast yams.
(b) Beef stew.
(c) Glazed pork.
(d) Jollof rice.
4. What detail about one man's robes in Chapter 6 most catches Odili's attention?
(a) The robe's poor quality.
(b) The robe's eccentric patterning.
(c) The tailor's advertisement.
(d) The robe's brilliant colors.
5. What sort of buses does Chief Nanga purchase?
6. What is Odili's father's first name?
7. Chief Nanga says the standard education he received is worth more than what today?
(a) A Yale degree.
(b) An Oxford degree.
(c) A Cambridge degree
(d) A Harvard degree.
8. Whom does Odili visit at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Mrs. Nanga.
9. In the beginning of Chapter 2, Odili says: "It doesn't matter what you knew, but __________________"
(a) Where you're known.
(b) Who you knew.
(c) What you didn't know.
(d) Who knew you.
10. Whom does Odili notice in the crowd at the Writer's Society's hall?
(a) Andrew Kadibe.
(b) Principal Nwege.
11. With whom did Odili live in Giligili?
(a) Foster parents.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His half-sister's family.
12. How many pounds does each bus cost?
13. How do the Ministers of Overseas Training and Culture cover up their fear in Chapter 3?
(a) By joking.
(b) By storming about angrily.
(c) By leaving.
(d) By talking casually.
14. When do Jean and Odili leave Jean's house?
(a) 7:15 a.m.
(b) 1:30 a.m.
(c) 12:26 a.m.
(d) 11:45 p.m.
15. Jokingly, Odili tells his houseboy, Peter, that the government passed a law saying people may only do what two times a day?
(c) Leave their house.
(d) Use the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the girl in Chief Nanga's best story refuse to remove her bra?
2. What are the dismissed members of the Prime Minister's Cabinet called in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Chief Nanga not hire the young man at the end of Chapter 4?
4. Why does Andrew Kadibe think it ridiculous for Chief Nanga to be the Minister of Culture?
5. Where does Odili recall meeting Elsie?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)