|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean interpret as a sign of lust?
(b) Running the hand through the hair.
(c) Frequent stretching.
(d) Narrowed eyes and a slightly opened mouth.
2. From where is Chief Nanga's second wife-to-be?
3. What sort of event must Chief Nanga attend in Chapter 6?
(a) A book exhibition.
(b) A theater production.
(c) A Cabinet meeting.
(d) A meeting at the U.S. Embassy.
4. What does Peter eventually cook for his master while Andrew Kadibe is visiting?
(a) Jollof rice.
(b) Glazed pork.
(c) Roast yams.
(d) Beef stew.
5. What is John's most interesting claim about the his country?
(a) It will likely invade Africa soon, to liberate the struggling countries.
(b) It will very likely have an African-American president in the next 10 years.
(c) It has not conquered other countries despite having the power to do so.
(d) It has experienced more racially-motivated violence against whites than blacks.
6. What does Peter buy for his father?
(b) A tie.
7. Why does Chief Nanga not hire the young man at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) He has never fired a gun.
(b) He cannot cook African cuisine.
(c) He does not know how to drive a stick shift.
(d) He has a bad leg.
8. Where in the car does Elsie sit?
(a) By the right door.
(b) Between Chief Nanga and Odili.
(c) By the left door.
(d) Up front.
9. What does Chief Nanga do to Principal Nwege after the speech?
(a) Kicks him.
(b) Praises him.
(c) Ignores him.
(d) Flatters him.
10. What is the name of the president of the Writer's Society?
(a) Mr. Iganu.
(b) Mr. Samalu.
(c) Mr. Akilo.
(d) Mr. Jalio.
11. When does Odili's mother die?
(a) When he was 1.
(b) When he was 3.
(c) She is still alive.
(d) At childbirth.
12. What is the name of the soloist mentioned in Chapter 1?
(c) Voice box.
13. Why does Jean say sex means more to a woman than a man?
(a) Women become mothers through sex.
(b) It takes place inside her.
(c) Women have sex less frequently.
(d) It makes woman a part of man's world.
14. Whom does Chief Nanga call when he comes home for lunch?
(a) The Minister of Foreign Trade.
(b) The Minister of Public Construction.
(c) The Minister for Overseas Training.
(d) The Prime Minister.
15. Whom does Odili visit at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(c) Mrs. Nanga.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Odili last spoke with Chief Nanga?
2. How is Odili received at Chief Nanga's house?
3. What is the name of Chief Nanga's second wife-to-be?
4. What food does Odili initially ask Peter to cook while Andrew Kadibe is visiting?
5. What is the title of the president of the Writer's Society's book?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)