|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name do Jean and John greet Chief Nanga?
(a) Chief Nanga.
(b) Your Honour.
2. What does Peter buy for his father?
(c) A tie.
3. Why does Mrs. Nanga bring the children to Anata?
(a) To visit their relatives.
(b) To retain their heritage.
(c) To educate them.
(d) To celebrate the holidays.
4. What is John's job?
(a) Radio journalism.
(b) International trade.
(c) Newspaper editor.
(d) Public relations advisor.
5. What misunderstood African gesture does Odili explain to the foreigners?
(a) Shaking the fist.
(b) Scrunching up the face.
(c) Touching the forehead with the back of the left hand.
(d) Mussing up one's hair.
6. What does Chief Nanga say a man ought to do if someone offers to make him a minister?
(a) Run away.
(b) Slap him in the face.
(c) Accept immediately.
(d) Think about it long and hard.
7. Why does Chief Nanga seek a second wife?
(a) His first wife is lazy and does not cook or clean.
(b) His first wife is not cultured enough.
(c) He wants a pretty, younger woman.
(d) His first wife is barren.
8. What does Chief Nanga's lunchtime conversation concern?
(a) The building of a new school.
(b) Odili's scholarship.
(c) The tarring of a road.
(d) The purchasing of buses from England.
9. What is Chief Nanga's previous occupation?
(c) Lieutenant in the army.
(d) Foreign Ambassador.
10. How many wives does Odili's father have before marrying Odili's mother?
11. Where is Odili from?
12. Odili is afraid that Chief Nanga will want to:
(a) Get him very drunk.
(b) Kill Elsie.
(c) Swap women.
(d) Talk all night.
13. What does Andrew Kadibe try to sound like when he knocks at Odili's door?
(a) A girl.
(b) An old man.
(d) A pig.
14. From where is Chief Nanga's second wife-to-be?
15. Why does the girl in Chief Nanga's best story refuse to remove her bra?
(a) Her breasts are ugly.
(b) She is afraid her husband will come home soon.
(c) She has small breasts.
(d) Her husband cursed her breasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Chief Nanga get his bus-investment money?
2. Chapter 1 opens with Chief Nanga making an address at which school?
3. What is Odili's father's first name?
4. What is the chief complaint of the Prime Minister against his dismissed Cabinet members?
5. What used to be Odili's father's profession?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)