|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what regard does John claim his country is improving?
(c) Women's rights.
(d) International affairs.
2. With whom did Odili live in Giligili?
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) Foster parents.
(d) His half-sister's family.
3. How is Odili received at Chief Nanga's house?
4. What does Odili ultimately think of Jean?
(a) She is unintelligent.
(b) She is insensitive.
(c) She is a bigot.
(d) She is attractive.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 2, Odili says: "It doesn't matter what you knew, but __________________"
(a) Who you knew.
(b) Who knew you.
(c) Where you're known.
(d) What you didn't know.
6. What used to be Odili's father's profession?
(a) District interpreter.
(d) Chief of police.
7. How many wives does Odili's father have?
8. What is the name of Chief Nanga's second wife-to-be?
9. Why does Andrew Kadibe think it ridiculous for Chief Nanga to be the Minister of Culture?
(a) Chief Nanga is very poorly educated.
(b) Chief Nanga is culturally ignorant.
(c) Chief Nanga is insensitive.
(d) Andrew believes he should be the Minister of Culture.
10. What was the nighttime entertainment in Giligili?
(a) Squishing bugs.
(b) Watching the fire burn.
(c) Killing rats.
(d) A crazy old man's stories.
11. From what country do Jean and John come?
(b) The United States of America.
12. To what do Odili and Jean dance?
(a) An American jazz record.
(b) An African band.
(c) A big-band swing record.
(d) A highlife record.
13. Why does Odili have his present teaching job instead of a civil-service job?
(d) A girl.
14. What is the title of the president of the Writer's Society's book?
(a) "The Song of the Black Bird."
(b) "The Odiliad."
(c) "The Freedom of Nigeria."
(d) "Africa's Prince."
15. Who arrives at Chief Nanga's house at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Chief Kobino.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) Mrs. Akilo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the chief complaint of the Prime Minister against his dismissed Cabinet members?
2. According to Mrs. Nanga, embassy events are how many pence talk and how many pence food?
3. Which of Odili's colleagues visited England?
4. Why does Chief Nanga not hire the young man at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What is the name of the president of the Writer's Society?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)