|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chief Nanga described as wearing when he exits his Cadillac at the school?
(a) Damask and gold chains.
(b) Sunglasses and a sportcoat.
(c) Boots and a hat.
(d) Leather and gold chains.
2. What is Chief Nanga's previous occupation?
(b) Foreign Ambassador.
(d) Lieutenant in the army.
3. For what does OHMS stand?
(a) Our Hospitably Maintained Services.
(b) Our Humbly Made Stuff.
(c) Our Home Made Stuff.
(d) Old Home Made Stuff.
4. What does Peter buy for his father?
(c) A tie.
5. Whom do Chief Nanga and Odili visit in Chapter 3?
(a) The Minister of Public Construction.
(b) The Minister for Overseas Training.
(c) The Minister of Foreign Trade.
(d) The Prime Minister.
6. How long is Nwege's speech in Chapter 1?
(a) More than 40 minutes.
(b) More than 20 minutes.
(c) Less than five minutes.
(d) More than hour.
7. Odili is afraid that Chief Nanga will want to:
(a) Swap women.
(b) Kill Elsie.
(c) Get him very drunk.
(d) Talk all night.
8. How is Odili received at Chief Nanga's house?
9. What detail about one man's robes in Chapter 6 most catches Odili's attention?
(a) The robe's poor quality.
(b) The robe's eccentric patterning.
(c) The robe's brilliant colors.
(d) The tailor's advertisement.
10. What does Peter eventually cook for his master while Andrew Kadibe is visiting?
(a) Beef stew.
(b) Jollof rice.
(c) Roast yams.
(d) Glazed pork.
11. What does Odili ultimately think of Jean?
(a) She is unintelligent.
(b) She is attractive.
(c) She is a bigot.
(d) She is insensitive.
12. What are the dismissed members of the Prime Minister's Cabinet called in Chapter 1?
(a) The Miscreant Gang.
(b) The Daily Chronicle.
(c) The Progressive Alliance Party.
(d) The Elitists.
13. Which of Odili's colleagues visited England?
(a) Principal Nwege.
(b) Andrew Kadibe.
(c) Chief Nanga.
(d) The Senior Tutor.
14. Finish the quote said by Odili in Chapter 1: "For what is modesty but ________________?"
(a) Lack of self-consciousness.
(b) Great humility.
(d) Inverted pride.
15. In what year does Odili become disillusioned with the POP?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John's job?
2. What does the Senior Tutor take from the reception?
3. What is the name of the soloist mentioned in Chapter 1?
4. Who arrives at Chief Nanga's house at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. Where does Odili recall meeting Elsie?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)