|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Odili's father's first name?
2. For what does OHMS stand?
(a) Our Hospitably Maintained Services.
(b) Old Home Made Stuff.
(c) Our Home Made Stuff.
(d) Our Humbly Made Stuff.
3. How many wives does Odili's father have before marrying Odili's mother?
4. Chief Nanga says the standard education he received is worth more than what today?
(a) An Oxford degree.
(b) A Cambridge degree
(c) A Yale degree.
(d) A Harvard degree.
5. To what do Odili and Jean dance?
(a) A big-band swing record.
(b) An African band.
(c) A highlife record.
(d) An American jazz record.
6. From what country do Jean and John come?
(c) The United States of America.
7. Who arrives at Chief Nanga's house at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(c) Mrs. Akilo.
(d) Chief Kobino.
8. Which of Odili's colleagues visited England?
(a) Principal Nwege.
(b) The Senior Tutor.
(c) Andrew Kadibe.
(d) Chief Nanga.
9. Why does Chief Nanga not hire the young man at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) He has never fired a gun.
(b) He does not know how to drive a stick shift.
(c) He has a bad leg.
(d) He cannot cook African cuisine.
10. What guild causes a stir when it arrives at the Assembly Hall?
(a) The Nigerian Pottery Guild.
(b) The hunters' guild.
(c) The Ego Women's Party.
(d) The seamstress' guild.
11. Whom does Odili ask the journalist about?
(a) Chief Nanga.
(b) Mrs. John.
(c) The young girl.
12. Where does Odili recall meeting Elsie?
(a) In Urua.
(b) At a party.
(c) At grammar school.
(d) In England.
13. Where is Odili from?
14. When does Odili's mother die?
(a) At childbirth.
(b) When he was 3.
(c) When he was 1.
(d) She is still alive.
15. According to Mrs. Nanga, embassy events are how many pence talk and how many pence food?
(a) Three pence talk and nine pence food.
(b) Six pence talk and four pence food.
(c) Ten pence talk and ten pence food.
(d) Nine pence talk and three pence food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Odili finds Elsie's friend at the hospital -- intended for Chief Nanga -- to be:
2. From what country does the other black man among the foreigners in Chapter 5 come?
3. What misunderstood African gesture does Odili explain to the foreigners?
4. What nickname offends Chief Nanga?
5. Chapter 1 opens with Chief Nanga making an address at which school?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)