|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter buy for his father?
(b) A tie.
2. What is John's job?
(a) Radio journalism.
(b) International trade.
(c) Public relations advisor.
(d) Newspaper editor.
3. Who resents Odili's favor with Chief Nanga?
(a) Andrew Kadibe.
(b) Principal Nwege.
(d) Mrs. John.
4. From what country does the other black man among the foreigners in Chapter 5 come?
5. What detail about one man's robes in Chapter 6 most catches Odili's attention?
(a) The tailor's advertisement.
(b) The robe's poor quality.
(c) The robe's brilliant colors.
(d) The robe's eccentric patterning.
6. What guild causes a stir when it arrives at the Assembly Hall?
(a) The seamstress' guild.
(b) The Ego Women's Party.
(c) The hunters' guild.
(d) The Nigerian Pottery Guild.
7. What is the name of the president of the Writer's Society?
(a) Mr. Akilo.
(b) Mr. Samalu.
(c) Mr. Jalio.
(d) Mr. Iganu.
8. What, in Chief Nanga's days as a scoutmaster, is considered the "very acme of sophistication"?
(a) A white helmet.
(b) A white sash.
(c) A red dress.
(d) Reading English books.
9. Where do Odili and Jean go after leaving Jean's house?
(a) Through the streets of Bori.
(b) To Anata.
(c) To Urua.
(d) Immediately to Chief Nanga's house.
10. What is the name of the soloist mentioned in Chapter 1?
(a) Voice box.
11. Jokingly, Odili tells his houseboy, Peter, that the government passed a law saying people may only do what two times a day?
(b) Leave their house.
(d) Use the bathroom.
12. Why does Andrew Kadibe think it ridiculous for Chief Nanga to be the Minister of Culture?
(a) Chief Nanga is insensitive.
(b) Andrew believes he should be the Minister of Culture.
(c) Chief Nanga is very poorly educated.
(d) Chief Nanga is culturally ignorant.
13. Why does Odili hope Nwege gets an appointment with the POP?
(a) To benefit the school's material prosperity.
(b) Because Odili and Nwege are friends.
(c) To get him out of the school occasionally.
(d) Because Odili hopes to be made principal of the school.
14. How long is Nwege's speech in Chapter 1?
(a) More than 20 minutes.
(b) More than hour.
(c) Less than five minutes.
(d) More than 40 minutes.
15. What is the general feeling of the people toward Odili's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name do Jean and John greet Chief Nanga?
2. What is the nickname of Odili's former next-door neighbor in his university days?
3. Who calls while Jean and Odili are making love?
4. What does Peter eventually cook for his master while Andrew Kadibe is visiting?
5. When does Odili's mother die?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)