|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What used to be Odili's father's profession?
(a) Chief of police.
(b) District interpreter.
2. Whom does Odili visit at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(c) Mrs. Nanga.
3. What sort of degree is Chief Nanga to be awarded?
(a) Bachelor of arts.
(b) Doctor of history.
(c) Doctor of laws.
(d) Master of public affairs.
4. From what country do Jean and John come?
(d) The United States of America.
5. To where does Chief Nanga invite Odili?
(d) The capital.
6. What does Chief Nanga's lunchtime conversation concern?
(a) Odili's scholarship.
(b) The tarring of a road.
(c) The purchasing of buses from England.
(d) The building of a new school.
7. What does Peter eventually cook for his master while Andrew Kadibe is visiting?
(a) Glazed pork.
(b) Jollof rice.
(c) Beef stew.
(d) Roast yams.
8. Whom do Chief Nanga and Odili visit in Chapter 3?
(a) The Minister for Overseas Training.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The Minister of Public Construction.
(d) The Minister of Foreign Trade.
9. For what does OHMS stand?
(a) Our Home Made Stuff.
(b) Our Humbly Made Stuff.
(c) Our Hospitably Maintained Services.
(d) Old Home Made Stuff.
10. What is John's job?
(a) Radio journalism.
(b) Newspaper editor.
(c) International trade.
(d) Public relations advisor.
11. Why does the girl in Chief Nanga's best story refuse to remove her bra?
(a) Her husband cursed her breasts.
(b) She is afraid her husband will come home soon.
(c) She has small breasts.
(d) Her breasts are ugly.
12. To what do Odili and Jean dance?
(a) A big-band swing record.
(b) A highlife record.
(c) An American jazz record.
(d) An African band.
13. What sort of event must Chief Nanga attend in Chapter 6?
(a) A meeting at the U.S. Embassy.
(b) A book exhibition.
(c) A theater production.
(d) A Cabinet meeting.
14. Odili is afraid that Chief Nanga will want to:
(a) Kill Elsie.
(b) Swap women.
(c) Talk all night.
(d) Get him very drunk.
15. Who convinces Chief Kobino to delay the construction project between Anata and Giligili for which Chief Nanga is pushing?
(a) Chief Nanga.
(c) The Prime Minister.
(d) A young assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John's most interesting claim about the his country?
2. What does Chief Nanga think of the president of the Writer's Society's dress?
3. Why does Odili hope Nwege gets an appointment with the POP?
4. What is Odili's father's first name?
5. When do Jean and Odili leave Jean's house?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)