|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jean say sex means more to a woman than a man?
(a) It takes place inside her.
(b) Women become mothers through sex.
(c) Women have sex less frequently.
(d) It makes woman a part of man's world.
2. Whom does Odili notice in the crowd at the Writer's Society's hall?
(b) Andrew Kadibe.
(d) Principal Nwege.
3. What causes Odili's division from his father?
(a) Arguments over his father marrying a fifth wife.
(b) Arguments over Odili going to university.
(c) Arguments over Odili not working in the city.
(d) Arguments over his father working for the POP.
4. How many wives does Odili's father have?
5. Jokingly, Odili tells his houseboy, Peter, that the government passed a law saying people may only do what two times a day?
(b) Use the bathroom.
(d) Leave their house.
6. What does Jean interpret as a sign of lust?
(a) Frequent stretching.
(b) Narrowed eyes and a slightly opened mouth.
(c) Running the hand through the hair.
7. What is Odili's father's first name?
8. How many pounds does each bus cost?
9. According to Mrs. Nanga, embassy events are how many pence talk and how many pence food?
(a) Six pence talk and four pence food.
(b) Ten pence talk and ten pence food.
(c) Nine pence talk and three pence food.
(d) Three pence talk and nine pence food.
10. How many children do the Nangas have?
11. What sort of event must Chief Nanga attend in Chapter 6?
(a) A meeting at the U.S. Embassy.
(b) A book exhibition.
(c) A Cabinet meeting.
(d) A theater production.
12. When Odili meets the group of foreigners, what initially brings him attention?
(a) His education.
(b) His accent.
(c) His closeness to Chief Nanga.
(d) His luxurious car.
13. What does Chief Nanga say a man ought to do if someone offers to make him a minister?
(a) Slap him in the face.
(b) Accept immediately.
(c) Think about it long and hard.
(d) Run away.
14. When do Jean and Odili leave Jean's house?
(a) 1:30 a.m.
(b) 7:15 a.m.
(c) 11:45 p.m.
(d) 12:26 a.m.
15. Where does Odili go after Chief Nanga's important guest in Chapter 5 arrives?
(a) Back to Anata.
(b) To a dinner party.
(c) For a walk through Bori.
(d) To his home in Urua.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname of Odili's former next-door neighbor in his university days?
2. Where do Odili and Jean go after leaving Jean's house?
3. Whom does Odili ask the journalist about?
4. What sort of buses does Chief Nanga purchase?
5. What is Chief Nanga's previous occupation?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)