|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chief Nanga seek a second wife?
(a) His first wife is not cultured enough.
(b) His first wife is lazy and does not cook or clean.
(c) He wants a pretty, younger woman.
(d) His first wife is barren.
2. What is the name of Chief Nanga's second wife-to-be?
3. Why has Odili lost his admiration for Chief Nanga?
(a) Chief Nanga slept around once he got into power.
(b) Chief Nanga dishonored his own father.
(c) Chief Nanga defended the dismissed Cabinet members.
(d) Chief Nanga joined in denouncing the dismissed Cabinet members.
4. What is the general feeling of the people toward Odili's father?
5. In what year does Odili become disillusioned with the POP?
6. Why does Andrew Kadibe think it ridiculous for Chief Nanga to be the Minister of Culture?
(a) Chief Nanga is insensitive.
(b) Chief Nanga is very poorly educated.
(c) Chief Nanga is culturally ignorant.
(d) Andrew believes he should be the Minister of Culture.
7. What, in Chief Nanga's days as a scoutmaster, is considered the "very acme of sophistication"?
(a) Reading English books.
(b) A white sash.
(c) A red dress.
(d) A white helmet.
8. What does Chief Nanga think of the president of the Writer's Society's dress?
(a) That it needs more shine.
(b) That it is wonderful.
(c) That it is ridiculous.
(d) That it looks too much like the national costume.
9. What is Chief Nanga's previous occupation?
(a) Lieutenant in the army.
(b) Foreign Ambassador.
10. What is the chief complaint of the Prime Minister against his dismissed Cabinet members?
(a) They are bloodthirsty.
(b) They are greedy.
(c) They are over-educated by Western thought.
(d) They have betrayed their fathers.
11. What is John's job?
(a) International trade.
(b) Newspaper editor.
(c) Public relations advisor.
(d) Radio journalism.
12. What is the name of the soloist mentioned in Chapter 1?
(a) Voice box.
13. Where does Odili go after Chief Nanga's important guest in Chapter 5 arrives?
(a) Back to Anata.
(b) To his home in Urua.
(c) For a walk through Bori.
(d) To a dinner party.
14. Jokingly, Odili tells his houseboy, Peter, that the government passed a law saying people may only do what two times a day?
(a) Leave their house.
(d) Use the bathroom.
15. In the beginning of Chapter 2, Odili says: "It doesn't matter what you knew, but __________________"
(a) Who you knew.
(b) Who knew you.
(c) What you didn't know.
(d) Where you're known.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chief Nanga do to Principal Nwege after the speech?
2. When does Odili's mother die?
3. From where is Chief Nanga's second wife-to-be?
4. How many wives does Odili's father have before marrying Odili's mother?
5. Why does the girl in Chief Nanga's best story refuse to remove her bra?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)