Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Odili notice in the crowd at the Writer's Society's hall?
(a) Principal Nwege.
(b) Andrew Kadibe.
2. Where do Odili and Jean go after leaving Jean's house?
(a) To Urua.
(b) Through the streets of Bori.
(c) Immediately to Chief Nanga's house.
(d) To Anata.
3. What detail about one man's robes in Chapter 6 most catches Odili's attention?
(a) The robe's brilliant colors.
(b) The robe's eccentric patterning.
(c) The tailor's advertisement.
(d) The robe's poor quality.
4. How many wives does Odili's father have?
5. What is John's job?
(a) International trade.
(b) Radio journalism.
(c) Public relations advisor.
(d) Newspaper editor.
6. In the beginning of Chapter 2, Odili says: "It doesn't matter <i>what</i> you knew, but __________________"
(a) <i>Who</i> you knew.
(b) <i>Where</i> you're known.
(c) <i>Who</i> knew you.
(d) <i>What</i> you didn't know.
7. In what regard does John claim his country is improving?
(b) International affairs.
(c) Women's rights.
8. What sort of degree is Chief Nanga to be awarded?
(a) Bachelor of arts.
(b) Doctor of laws.
(c) Master of public affairs.
(d) Doctor of history.
9. When Odili meets the group of foreigners, what initially brings him attention?
(a) His luxurious car.
(b) His closeness to Chief Nanga.
(c) His accent.
(d) His education.
10. From what country does the other black man among the foreigners in Chapter 5 come?
11. What misunderstood African gesture does Odili explain to the foreigners?
(a) Touching the forehead with the back of the left hand.
(b) Scrunching up the face.
(c) Shaking the fist.
(d) Mussing up one's hair.
12. Why does Chief Nanga not hire the young man at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) He does not know how to drive a stick shift.
(b) He has a bad leg.
(c) He cannot cook African cuisine.
(d) He has never fired a gun.
13. Who calls while Jean and Odili are making love?
(a) Elsie Jackson.
(b) John, Jean's husband.
(c) A government official.
(d) Chief Nanga.
14. Why has Odili lost his admiration for Chief Nanga?
(a) Chief Nanga defended the dismissed Cabinet members.
(b) Chief Nanga dishonored his own father.
(c) Chief Nanga slept around once he got into power.
(d) Chief Nanga joined in denouncing the dismissed Cabinet members.
15. How does the cook prove his innocence?
(a) He gives Chief Koko the medicine.
(b) He drinks the coffee.
(c) He produces a witness.
(d) He eats the soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter eventually cook for his master while Andrew Kadibe is visiting?
2. What does Chief Nanga's lunchtime conversation concern?
3. What is the name of Chief Nanga's second wife-to-be?
4. What used to be Odili's father's profession?
5. Odili finds Elsie's friend at the hospital -- intended for Chief Nanga -- to be:
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)