|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name Elsie shouts out while making love to Odili?
2. Whom does Odili notice in the crowd at the Writer's Society's hall?
(c) Principal Nwege.
(d) Andrew Kadibe.
3. How many pounds does each bus cost?
4. Why does the girl in Chief Nanga's best story refuse to remove her bra?
(a) Her breasts are ugly.
(b) She is afraid her husband will come home soon.
(c) She has small breasts.
(d) Her husband cursed her breasts.
5. Odili is afraid that Chief Nanga will want to:
(a) Kill Elsie.
(b) Swap women.
(c) Get him very drunk.
(d) Talk all night.
6. What is the name of the president of the Writer's Society?
(a) Mr. Jalio.
(b) Mr. Akilo.
(c) Mr. Iganu.
(d) Mr. Samalu.
7. Who convinces Chief Kobino to delay the construction project between Anata and Giligili for which Chief Nanga is pushing?
(a) Chief Nanga.
(c) The Prime Minister.
(d) A young assistant.
8. Why does Chief Nanga seek a second wife?
(a) His first wife is barren.
(b) His first wife is not cultured enough.
(c) He wants a pretty, younger woman.
(d) His first wife is lazy and does not cook or clean.
9. Who arrives at Chief Nanga's house at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Mrs. Akilo.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(d) Chief Kobino.
10. What does the statute Odili reads in the newspaper concern?
(a) Automobile parking.
(b) Pit latrines.
(c) Excrement pails.
(d) Food distribution.
11. How long is Nwege's speech in Chapter 1?
(a) More than 20 minutes.
(b) More than hour.
(c) Less than five minutes.
(d) More than 40 minutes.
12. What is the general feeling of the people toward Odili's father?
13. Which of Odili's colleagues visited England?
(a) The Senior Tutor.
(b) Andrew Kadibe.
(c) Chief Nanga.
(d) Principal Nwege.
14. With whom did Odili live in Giligili?
(a) His half-sister's family.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) Foster parents.
15. For what does OHMS stand?
(a) Our Home Made Stuff.
(b) Old Home Made Stuff.
(c) Our Humbly Made Stuff.
(d) Our Hospitably Maintained Services.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the young man apply at Chief Nanga's house at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What sort of degree is Chief Nanga to be awarded?
3. What are the dismissed members of the Prime Minister's Cabinet called in Chapter 1?
4. What does Chief Nanga think of the president of the Writer's Society's dress?
5. Where in the car does Elsie sit?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)