|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pounds does each bus cost?
2. Chapter 1 opens with Chief Nanga making an address at which school?
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) The Urua Elementary School.
(c) The University.
(d) The Anata Grammar School.
3. Where does Odili recall meeting Elsie?
(a) At a party.
(b) At grammar school.
(c) In Urua.
(d) In England.
4. Who does Odili ask Andrew about after the latter knocks at his door?
(a) Chief Nanga.
(b) Mrs. John.
(c) The girl.
(d) The journalist.
5. Whom does Chief Nanga call when he comes home for lunch?
(a) The Minister for Overseas Training.
(b) The Minister of Foreign Trade.
(c) The Minister of Public Construction.
(d) The Prime Minister.
6. When do Jean and Odili leave Jean's house?
(a) 12:26 a.m.
(b) 11:45 p.m.
(c) 7:15 a.m.
(d) 1:30 a.m.
7. Jokingly, Odili tells his houseboy, Peter, that the government passed a law saying people may only do what two times a day?
(a) Leave their house.
(c) Use the bathroom.
8. How long is Nwege's speech in Chapter 1?
(a) More than hour.
(b) Less than five minutes.
(c) More than 40 minutes.
(d) More than 20 minutes.
9. What does Chief Nanga say a man ought to do if someone offers to make him a minister?
(a) Accept immediately.
(b) Run away.
(c) Slap him in the face.
(d) Think about it long and hard.
10. What nickname offends Chief Nanga?
(a) Owner of book.
(b) Father of Anata.
(c) Great Nanga.
(d) M.A. Minus Opportunity.
11. Where is Odili from?
12. Who calls while Jean and Odili are making love?
(a) A government official.
(b) Chief Nanga.
(c) Elsie Jackson.
(d) John, Jean's husband.
13. What does the Senior Tutor take from the reception?
(a) A jug of palm wine.
(b) Two bottles of beer.
(c) Principal Nwege's ring.
(d) A jug of beer.
14. Which of Odili's colleagues visited England?
(a) The Senior Tutor.
(b) Chief Nanga.
(c) Principal Nwege.
(d) Andrew Kadibe.
15. What are the dismissed members of the Prime Minister's Cabinet called in Chapter 1?
(a) The Progressive Alliance Party.
(b) The Daily Chronicle.
(c) The Miscreant Gang.
(d) The Elitists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Odili have his present teaching job instead of a civil-service job?
2. From where is Chief Nanga's second wife-to-be?
3. What detail about one man's robes in Chapter 6 most catches Odili's attention?
4. What guild causes a stir when it arrives at the Assembly Hall?
5. From what country do Jean and John come?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)