|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odili ultimately think of Jean?
(a) She is unintelligent.
(b) She is a bigot.
(c) She is insensitive.
(d) She is attractive.
2. What is Odili's father's first name?
3. Where in the car does Elsie sit?
(a) By the left door.
(b) Up front.
(c) Between Chief Nanga and Odili.
(d) By the right door.
4. Which of Odili's colleagues visited England?
(a) Principal Nwege.
(b) Andrew Kadibe.
(c) Chief Nanga.
(d) The Senior Tutor.
5. How do the Ministers of Overseas Training and Culture cover up their fear in Chapter 3?
(a) By storming about angrily.
(b) By leaving.
(c) By talking casually.
(d) By joking.
6. What nickname offends Chief Nanga?
(a) Owner of book.
(b) M.A. Minus Opportunity.
(c) Father of Anata.
(d) Great Nanga.
7. Finish the quote said by Odili in Chapter 1: "For what is modesty but ________________?"
(a) Great humility.
(b) Inverted pride.
(d) Lack of self-consciousness.
8. To what do Odili and Jean dance?
(a) An African band.
(b) A big-band swing record.
(c) A highlife record.
(d) An American jazz record.
9. By what name do Jean and John greet Chief Nanga?
(c) Chief Nanga.
(d) Your Honour.
10. What misunderstood African gesture does Odili explain to the foreigners?
(a) Shaking the fist.
(b) Mussing up one's hair.
(c) Touching the forehead with the back of the left hand.
(d) Scrunching up the face.
11. In what year does Odili become disillusioned with the POP?
12. Who arrives at Chief Nanga's house at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The Prime Minister.
(b) Chief Kobino.
(c) Mrs. Akilo.
13. What does Jean interpret as a sign of lust?
(a) Narrowed eyes and a slightly opened mouth.
(b) Running the hand through the hair.
(d) Frequent stretching.
14. In what regard does John claim his country is improving?
(b) Women's rights.
(d) International affairs.
15. From where is Chief Nanga's second wife-to-be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of buses does Chief Nanga purchase?
2. What food does Odili initially ask Peter to cook while Andrew Kadibe is visiting?
3. What does Chief Nanga say a man ought to do if someone offers to make him a minister?
4. What is John's job?
5. What does Chief Nanga think of the president of the Writer's Society's dress?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)