|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jokingly, Odili tells his houseboy, Peter, that the government passed a law saying people may only do what two times a day?
(b) Leave their house.
(c) Use the bathroom.
2. Finish the quote said by Odili in Chapter 1: "For what is modesty but ________________?"
(a) Inverted pride.
(b) Great humility.
(c) Lack of self-consciousness.
3. Chapter 1 opens with Chief Nanga making an address at which school?
(a) Cambridge University.
(b) The University.
(c) The Urua Elementary School.
(d) The Anata Grammar School.
4. What does Andrew Kadibe try to sound like when he knocks at Odili's door?
(b) A pig.
(c) An old man.
(d) A girl.
5. What does Chief Nanga say a man ought to do if someone offers to make him a minister?
(a) Run away.
(b) Slap him in the face.
(c) Accept immediately.
(d) Think about it long and hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Chief Nanga invite Odili?
2. Who does Odili ask Andrew about after the latter knocks at his door?
3. Chief Nanga says the standard education he received is worth more than what today?
4. How long is Nwege's speech in Chapter 1?
5. Why does Chief Nanga seek a second wife?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)