|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Odili hope Nwege gets an appointment with the POP?
(a) To get him out of the school occasionally.
(b) Because Odili and Nwege are friends.
(c) To benefit the school's material prosperity.
(d) Because Odili hopes to be made principal of the school.
2. What is Chief Nanga's previous occupation?
(b) Foreign Ambassador.
(c) Lieutenant in the army.
3. What does Chief Nanga do to Principal Nwege after the speech?
(a) Praises him.
(b) Kicks him.
(c) Flatters him.
(d) Ignores him.
4. What is Chief Nanga described as wearing when he exits his Cadillac at the school?
(a) Sunglasses and a sportcoat.
(b) Damask and gold chains.
(c) Boots and a hat.
(d) Leather and gold chains.
5. Chapter 1 opens with Chief Nanga making an address at which school?
(a) The Urua Elementary School.
(b) Cambridge University.
(c) The Anata Grammar School.
(d) The University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who resents Odili's favor with Chief Nanga?
2. Which of Odili's colleagues visited England?
3. What is the name Elsie shouts out while making love to Odili?
4. In what year does Odili become disillusioned with the POP?
5. What nickname offends Chief Nanga?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)