|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 2, Odili says: "It doesn't matter what you knew, but __________________"
(a) What you didn't know.
(b) Who you knew.
(c) Where you're known.
(d) Who knew you.
2. What does Andrew Kadibe try to sound like when he knocks at Odili's door?
(a) A pig.
(c) A girl.
(d) An old man.
3. From where is Chief Nanga's second wife-to-be?
4. What is John's most interesting claim about the his country?
(a) It will very likely have an African-American president in the next 10 years.
(b) It will likely invade Africa soon, to liberate the struggling countries.
(c) It has not conquered other countries despite having the power to do so.
(d) It has experienced more racially-motivated violence against whites than blacks.
5. For what does the young man apply at Chief Nanga's house at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) To be a chauffeur.
(b) To be a cook.
(c) To be a gardener.
(d) To be a security guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wives does Odili's father have before marrying Odili's mother?
2. What does the statute Odili reads in the newspaper concern?
3. Who convinces Chief Kobino to delay the construction project between Anata and Giligili for which Chief Nanga is pushing?
4. How many children do the Nangas have?
5. What, in Chief Nanga's days as a scoutmaster, is considered the "very acme of sophistication"?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)