* The Honourable M.A. Nanga, Minister of Culture, visits the town of Anata, in Nigeria, where Odili Samalu works as a teacher.
* Odili recounts his memories of Chief Nanga, his former teacher, and how Odili became disillusioned with politics.
* Principal Nwege spends too long introducing Chief Nanga, who delivers a well-received speech to the people of Anata, his hometown.
* Chief Nanga invites Odili to his home for the holidays, and promises to help him pursue further education in London.
* After Chief Nanga leaves, Andrew Kadibe visits Odili's apartment and the two talk about Chief Nanga's lack of conscience and ironic lack of culture despite being the Minister of Culture.
* Odili recounts his affairs with Elsie, a girl with whom he has frequently been intimate.
* Odili briefly tells of his history and his complicated past with his father, a retired district interpreter and now local chairman...
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)