|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the principal that called David's mother everyday while he was in school?
2. According to the newspaper article regarding the father killing his son, for how long is the man sentenced?
3. What was the name of the operation that the F-117 debuted as?
4. Right before leaving his mother's home with his wife and son, what does his mother beg him to do?
5. Where is the first place David and Patsy drive to together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
David is taken advantage of by many people throughout the novel. Examine why you believe David is an easy target. What is it about David that allows people to think that they can walk all over him? What about his personality and physical characteristics create the push-over image?
Essay Topic 2
David tells readers about a time in his childhood when he was ready to die. Why do you think he was finally ready to give up? What finally snapped in David? Given all of the abuse, why was he willing to let his mother finally win and kill him? Or would she really be winning?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the importance of David's son Stephen. Why is Stephen so important to David? Why is David willing to sacrifice everything for his son? Is this David's way of showing the world that he is not a "bad person?" How does Stephen save David?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)