|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the newspaper article regarding the father killing his son, for how long is the man sentenced?
2. What was the name of David's juvenile officer?
3. What is the name of the little girl from the neighborhood that David worries about?
4. What is the name of the stuffed alligator that David buys for his baby?
5. Upon his return to his new base, what does David learn Patsy has done?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why David struggles with forgiving his mother. What does it finally take for David to forgive his mother? Why is it that David struggles with forgiving her?
Essay Topic 2
David searches for answers to his abuse throughout the novel. Discuss David's findings while addressing the following:
-Who tells David about his past?
-What person does David find out the most from?
-What conclusions does David come to about his past from the information he gets?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the similarities between Patsy and David's mother. Do you think these similarities have anything to do with their relationship failing? Do you think that David was trying to make up for the bad relationship he had with his mother in dating/marrying Patsy? Do you think that David was trying to save Patsy from herself because he could not save his mother?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)