|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David remember his mother looking like when he was a child?
2. What was the name of the operation that the F-117 debuted as?
3. Why can't David call Mr. Ziegler by his first name?
4. What does David tell Patsy he wants to do after getting out of the Air Force?
5. David, after making a mental plot to kidnap his mother, decides he would never do such a thing. What does he yell internally?
Short Essay Questions
1. During his first family trip, David goes to see his mother. Why is David shocked by his mother's home?
2. What option does the female co-pilot give David as an alternative to getting married?
3. What rumors that could effect David begin to build around his air base in the spring of 1992?
4. What happens a few weeks before Stephen's first birthday?
5. Describe David's relationship with his son Stephen.
6. What happens on David's first qualification flight on the Looking Glass?
7. Describe the mood at the Mexican restaurant when David and Patsy become engaged.
8. What do David and Stephen do together on Stephen's first two-week stay with David?
9. Why does Patsy think that David is ready for a new start to their marriage?
10. Why does David have such a hard time on the drive home from Utah to Florida?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why David struggles with forgiving his mother. What does it finally take for David to forgive his mother? Why is it that David struggles with forgiving her?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the importance of David's son Stephen. Why is Stephen so important to David? Why is David willing to sacrifice everything for his son? Is this David's way of showing the world that he is not a "bad person?" How does Stephen save David?
Essay Topic 3
When talking to David about his past abuse, Patsy did not believe him. Discuss why you think Patsy did not believe that David was abused. What about David's personality makes it hard for her to believe that he was abused? Does David possess any signs of being an abused child? If so, why does Patsy fail to recognize these signs?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)