|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't David call Mr. Ziegler by his first name?
2. What does Patsy say about the title of David's first book?
3. What makes Patsy miss the presentation to college students that she accompanies David on?
4. What sport does David's son enjoy playing?
5. Who is David's childhood hero?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumors that could effect David begin to build around his air base in the spring of 1992?
2. What happens on David's first qualification flight on the Looking Glass?
3. What causes David to erupt after reading a news article?
4. Describe the mood at the Mexican restaurant when David and Patsy become engaged.
5. What does Patsy do for David during their separation that surprises him?
6. Describe David's relationship with his son Stephen.
7. Why does Patsy think that David is ready for a new start to their marriage?
8. Why does David have such a hard time on the drive home from Utah to Florida?
9. During his first family trip, David goes to see his mother. Why is David shocked by his mother's home?
10. What does David remember about his childhood when talking to Mr. Ziegler at his old elementary school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe David's relationship with his father. What kind of relationship does David have with his father when he is a child? How does David come to accept his father's decisions during his childhood? What part of David's relationship helps him to face the future?
Essay Topic 2
David's father's fireman's badge is very important to him. In an essay, discuss the importance of the badge. Why does David's father's badge mean so much to him? What does the badge symbolize? Does the badge symbolize a crutch or a way out?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss David's need to work with abused children. What do you think this does for David? How does David grow because of his work with abused children? What is the turning point for David that makes him realize that this is the best thing for him to do? When does David realize that he may be making a difference?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)