|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to David, what happens to him when he is with Marsha?
2. How many years were David and Patsy married before they separated?
3. During their first face-to-face meeting, why does Marsha tell David that she came to see him?
4. What sport does David's son enjoy playing?
5. What ends David's "euphoric honeymoon?"
Essay Topic 1
David feels a lot of inadequacies in his relationships with others. Choose one of the following people from the novel and discuss David's feelings of inadequacy regarding that person. Why does he feel these inadequacies? What fuels these inadequacies for David and the individual chosen? Are the inadequacies played upon by the individual in the relationship with David?
-Stephen (his son)
-Any of his brothers
-David's first manager Jerry
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Patsy and Marsha. How are these two women similar? How are they different? Are their differences the reason one relationship survives and one fails? How to they both treat David?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss David's need to work with abused children. What do you think this does for David? How does David grow because of his work with abused children? What is the turning point for David that makes him realize that this is the best thing for him to do? When does David realize that he may be making a difference?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)