|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does David return from Saudi Arabia?
2. Why does Patsy say that the luncheon she received an award for David at "wasn't all that?"
3. What are "PCs?"
4. What is David's last thought of 1985?
5. Why is Marsha going through all of the trouble that she is with David's book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David promise to Stephen, in his own mind, about going to war?
2. What does Patsy do for David during their separation that surprises him?
3. After all of the problems with David's paperwork in the military, what does Sergeant Blue offer David?
4. What causes David to erupt after reading a news article?
5. How does Patsy lose David's trust completely?
6. Why is David so adamant about saving money and not living beyond his means?
7. What happens a few weeks before Stephen's first birthday?
8. What does David realize when his mother says, "It was an accident?"
9. How does David's mother explain "It's" behavior?
10. Why is David worried about Katie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the importance of David's son Stephen. Why is Stephen so important to David? Why is David willing to sacrifice everything for his son? Is this David's way of showing the world that he is not a "bad person?" How does Stephen save David?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the similarities between Patsy and David's mother. Do you think these similarities have anything to do with their relationship failing? Do you think that David was trying to make up for the bad relationship he had with his mother in dating/marrying Patsy? Do you think that David was trying to save Patsy from herself because he could not save his mother?
Essay Topic 3
Why is it important for David to write books about his past? Did this help him heal in anyway? How do you know?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)