|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Pelzer family's first long distance trip to?
2. What is the name of Patsy's mother?
3. What is the identification call sign David uses when calling to the Blackbird?
4. How old is David's youngest brother Kevin when he goes to visit his mother close to his son's first birthday?
5. Who does David ask to be his best man?
Short Essay Questions
1. After all of the problems with David's paperwork in the military, what does Sergeant Blue offer David?
2. What causes David to open up about his past abuse when speaking to troubled kids?
3. What do David and Stephen do together on Stephen's first two-week stay with David?
4. Why does Patsy think that David is ready for a new start to their marriage?
5. What happens a few weeks before Stephen's first birthday?
6. How does David describe Stephen's feelings about his separation from Patsy?
7. What happens on David's first qualification flight on the Looking Glass?
8. What option does the female co-pilot give David as an alternative to getting married?
9. Why does David's friend David Howard refuse to stand as David's best man?
10. What does David realize when his mother says, "It was an accident?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe David's relationship with Patsy. Why does David begin the relationship with Patsy? How does their relationship progress? Is the relationship good for David? For Patsy? Do you believe that the relationship was doomed from the beginning? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast David's grandmother and mother. How are the two women similar? How are they different? How do they both treat David? Are there any signs in the novel to explain their behaviors?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why David struggles with forgiving his mother. What does it finally take for David to forgive his mother? Why is it that David struggles with forgiving her?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)