|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do David and Patsy become engaged at?
2. After earning his crew wings, what will David's position be in the Air Force?
3. Ever since his family's visit to his mother's home in Chapter 10, what does David think about every day?
4. Where is the Pelzer family's first long distance trip to?
5. David, after making a mental plot to kidnap his mother, decides he would never do such a thing. What does he yell internally?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the mood at the Mexican restaurant when David and Patsy become engaged.
2. What happens at David's apartment when leaving Patsy to water the plants and feed his turtle?
3. How does Patsy lose David's trust completely?
4. What happens a few weeks before Stephen's first birthday?
5. What does David remember about his childhood when talking to Mr. Ziegler at his old elementary school?
6. After all of the problems with David's paperwork in the military, what does Sergeant Blue offer David?
7. What are a few of the reasons that Patsy is upset with David?
8. Why is Patsy so excited about the arrival of their baby?
9. What are David's thoughts as he is performing his first re-fuel on the Blackbird?
10. Describe David's relationship with his son Stephen.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why David struggles with forgiving his mother. What does it finally take for David to forgive his mother? Why is it that David struggles with forgiving her?
Essay Topic 2
Describe David's relationship with Patsy. Why does David begin the relationship with Patsy? How does their relationship progress? Is the relationship good for David? For Patsy? Do you believe that the relationship was doomed from the beginning? Why?
Essay Topic 3
David is taken advantage of by many people throughout the novel. Examine why you believe David is an easy target. What is it about David that allows people to think that they can walk all over him? What about his personality and physical characteristics create the push-over image?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)