|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are "PCs?"
2. Who pins David against a wall telling him he shouldn't get married?
3. What happened a little less than a month after David and Patsy divorced?
4. According to David's mother, what was his other entity?
5. What does Patsy say about the title of David's first book?
Short Essay Questions
1. After all of the problems with David's paperwork in the military, what does Sergeant Blue offer David?
2. What happens on David's first qualification flight on the Looking Glass?
3. How does David's mother explain "It's" behavior?
4. Why is David so adamant about saving money and not living beyond his means?
5. How does Patsy lose David's trust completely?
6. Describe David's relationship with his son Stephen.
7. What are a few of the reasons that Patsy is upset with David?
8. What are David's thoughts as he is performing his first re-fuel on the Blackbird?
9. Why is Patsy so excited about the arrival of their baby?
10. What does David remember about his childhood when talking to Mr. Ziegler at his old elementary school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe David's relationship with Patsy. Why does David begin the relationship with Patsy? How does their relationship progress? Is the relationship good for David? For Patsy? Do you believe that the relationship was doomed from the beginning? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast David's grandmother and mother. How are the two women similar? How are they different? How do they both treat David? Are there any signs in the novel to explain their behaviors?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why David struggles with forgiving his mother. What does it finally take for David to forgive his mother? Why is it that David struggles with forgiving her?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)