|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Patsy, what is going to make her life whole?
(a) The baby.
(b) Their marriage.
(c) Moving away from her mother.
(d) Their new home.
2. Upon his return to his new base, what does David learn Patsy has done?
(a) Borrowed money from Russell.
(b) Borrowed money from his grandmother.
(c) Borrowed money from her mother.
(d) Borrowed money form his foster mom.
3. What does David find out was the final straw before his teachers called social services?
(a) The cut to his stomach.
(b) The skin missing from his arm.
(c) The crushed and swollen Adam's apple.
(d) The broken leg.
4. After earning his crew wings, what will David's position be in the Air Force?
(a) Ground crew.
(c) Flight cook.
(d) Boom operator.
5. Given how frugally David must live to survive, what does his typical dinner consist of?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the July of 1990 argument, what does Patsy claim is all David cares about?
2. What was the name of David's juvenile officer?
3. What is David's last thought of 1985?
4. Who gets the second copy of David's first book?
5. How old is David's youngest brother Kevin when he goes to visit his mother close to his son's first birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David have such a hard time on the drive home from Utah to Florida?
2. Describe David's relationship with his son Stephen.
3. Who does David give the first copies of his book "A Child Called It" to?
4. What are David's thoughts as he is performing his first re-fuel on the Blackbird?
5. What are a few of the reasons that Patsy is upset with David?
6. What rumors that could effect David begin to build around his air base in the spring of 1992?
7. What does David promise to Stephen, in his own mind, about going to war?
8. How does Patsy lose David's trust completely?
9. What do David and Stephen do together on Stephen's first two-week stay with David?
10. What does Patsy do for David during their separation that surprises him?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)