|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Patsy's mother?
(a) Carol Sue.
(b) Dottie Mae.
(c) Marie Dawn.
(d) Shirley Mae.
2. Upon getting back to his base, what news does David find out about his paperwork?
(a) It was not submitted properly.
(b) It was denied.
(c) It was lost.
(d) It was sent to the wrong office.
3. On David's last visit to his mother's home, what does he tell her not to quit?
(a) Having hope.
(d) Loving him.
4. After Patsy moves in, who does David find out has cancer?
(a) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) Harold, his foster father.
5. What specific word spoken by Patsy "struck a chord" in David?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year do rumors begin to spread throughout the military about severe personnel cutbacks?
2. Who stands with David as best man on his wedding day?
3. What is the name of the teacher whom David visits when promoting his first book?
4. What are "PCs?"
5. What is David's last thought of 1985?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Patsy think that David is ready for a new start to their marriage?
2. What happens on David's first qualification flight on the Looking Glass?
3. How does David describe Stephen's feelings about his separation from Patsy?
4. What causes David to open up about his past abuse when speaking to troubled kids?
5. Why is David so adamant about saving money and not living beyond his means?
6. Describe David's relationship with his son Stephen.
7. Who does David give the first copies of his book "A Child Called It" to?
8. What happens at David's apartment when leaving Patsy to water the plants and feed his turtle?
9. How does David's mother explain "It's" behavior?
10. What does David remember about his childhood when talking to Mr. Ziegler at his old elementary school?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)