|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In August of 1990, what caused David's marital problems to be placed on the back burner?
(a) Operation Desert Storm.
(b) Bush's invasion of Panama.
(c) Hussein's invasion of Kuwait.
(d) Timur's invasion of China.
2. What specific word spoken by Patsy "struck a chord" in David?
3. According to Patsy, what is going to make her life whole?
(a) Their marriage.
(b) The baby.
(c) Moving away from her mother.
(d) Their new home.
4. What kind of books does David read to his son?
(a) Corduroy Bear books.
(b) Curious George books.
(c) Dr. Seuss books.
(d) Flight books.
5. What does David tell Patsy he wants to do after getting out of the Air Force?
(a) Work at DCFS.
(b) Work at juvenile hall.
(c) Become a commercial pilot.
(d) Become a motivational speaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ever since his family's visit to his mother's home in Chapter 10, what does David think about every day?
2. After earning his crew wings, what will David's position be in the Air Force?
3. What does David want to name his son?
4. Given how frugally David must live to survive, what does his typical dinner consist of?
5. What term of endearment does Marsha call David after he lets yet another term of endearment slip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on David's first qualification flight on the Looking Glass?
2. What are a few of the reasons that Patsy is upset with David?
3. What happens at David's apartment when leaving Patsy to water the plants and feed his turtle?
4. What does David promise to Stephen, in his own mind, about going to war?
5. What does David realize when his mother says, "It was an accident?"
6. Why is David worried about Katie?
7. How does Patsy lose David's trust completely?
8. Why is Patsy so excited about the arrival of their baby?
9. Describe David's relationship with his son Stephen.
10. What does David remember about his childhood when talking to Mr. Ziegler at his old elementary school?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)