|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Patsy the night after she and David go out for a dinner date?
(a) She hits David.
(b) She packs up and leaves.
(c) She gets drunk.
(d) She removes all the money from their checking account.
2. Upon his return to his new base, what does David learn Patsy has done?
(a) Borrowed money from his grandmother.
(b) Borrowed money from Russell.
(c) Borrowed money from her mother.
(d) Borrowed money form his foster mom.
3. What is the name of the Air Force major that suggests David speak to kids?
4. What is the name of the sergeant who fixes the problem with David's paperwork?
5. What is one of David's greatest anxieties?
(a) Not paying bills.
(b) Being in public.
(c) Causing stress with Patsy.
(d) Talking to anyone at any time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years were David and Patsy married before they separated?
2. Who is David's childhood hero?
3. After Patsy moves in, who does David find out has cancer?
4. Where is the first place David and Patsy drive to together?
5. After earning his crew wings, what will David's position be in the Air Force?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David's mother explain "It's" behavior?
2. Who does David give the first copies of his book "A Child Called It" to?
3. What does David promise to Stephen, in his own mind, about going to war?
4. After all of the problems with David's paperwork in the military, what does Sergeant Blue offer David?
5. What are David's thoughts as he is performing his first re-fuel on the Blackbird?
6. What does Patsy do for David during their separation that surprises him?
7. How does David describe Stephen's feelings about his separation from Patsy?
8. What rumors that could effect David begin to build around his air base in the spring of 1992?
9. What does David realize when his mother says, "It was an accident?"
10. Why is David worried about Katie?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)