|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David tell Patsy he is doing everything that he is (Air Force, volunteering, part-time job)?
(a) To help all the children in the world.
(b) To feel better about himself.
(c) Because he cannot stand to be around her.
(d) To make it better for her and their son.
2. What does David want to name his son?
(a) Russell David.
(b) Stephen Russell.
(c) David Joseph.
(d) Stephen Joseph.
3. How old is David's son when he leaves for Saudi Arabia?
4. According to David, what happens to him when he is with Marsha?
(a) He cannot help but feel antimidated.
(b) He wants to hide when he is around her.
(c) He wishes she would leave him alone.
(d) He feels clean.
5. What is the name of the new plane that David is going to work with?
(c) Stealth Fighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Patsy's mother?
2. What was the name of the principal that called David's mother everyday while he was in school?
3. What does Patsy say about the title of David's first book?
4. What happens after David gives a presentation at his old elementary school?
5. According to the newspaper article regarding the father killing his son, for how long is the man sentenced?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is David worried about Katie?
2. What does David remember about his childhood when talking to Mr. Ziegler at his old elementary school?
3. Who does David give the first copies of his book "A Child Called It" to?
4. After all of the problems with David's paperwork in the military, what does Sergeant Blue offer David?
5. What are David's thoughts as he is performing his first re-fuel on the Blackbird?
6. What happens on David's first qualification flight on the Looking Glass?
7. What does David realize when his mother says, "It was an accident?"
8. What causes David to erupt after reading a news article?
9. How does David describe Stephen's feelings about his separation from Patsy?
10. During his first family trip, David goes to see his mother. Why is David shocked by his mother's home?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)