|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David tell Patsy happened with his first two books?
(a) They were stolen and published under another author's name.
(b) They were printed but not published or copyrighted.
(c) They were brushed under the pile and forgotten.
(d) They made it to the top ten list.
2. What does Patsy do in July of 1990 that causes David to trust her less?
(a) Calls his mother.
(b) Cheats on him.
(c) Drops their son accidently.
(d) Opens a charge card without him knowing.
3. Ever since his family's visit to his mother's home in Chapter 10, what does David think about every day?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His mother.
(c) His son.
(d) His father.
4. Who gets the second copy of David's first book?
(a) His elementary school.
(b) His brother.
(c) His son.
(d) His mother.
5. Why can't David call Mr. Ziegler by his first name?
(a) He is still afraid of him.
(b) He is older than David, and Daivd cannot do it.
(c) Out of respect because he is Dave's teacher.
(d) He does not want to associate any negative feelings with that name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Patsy say that the luncheon she received an award for David at "wasn't all that?"
2. In August of 1990, what caused David's marital problems to be placed on the back burner?
3. What operation is David deployed on in 1990?
4. After Patsy moves in, who does David find out has cancer?
5. Who does David remember his mother looking like when he was a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do David and Stephen do together on Stephen's first two-week stay with David?
2. What does David promise to Stephen, in his own mind, about going to war?
3. How does David's mother explain "It's" behavior?
4. Describe David's relationship with his son Stephen.
5. What rumors that could effect David begin to build around his air base in the spring of 1992?
6. What causes David to open up about his past abuse when speaking to troubled kids?
7. Why is David so adamant about saving money and not living beyond his means?
8. During his first family trip, David goes to see his mother. Why is David shocked by his mother's home?
9. What does Patsy do for David during their separation that surprises him?
10. Why does David's friend David Howard refuse to stand as David's best man?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)