|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Patsy's mother?
(a) Carol Sue.
(b) Marie Dawn.
(c) Shirley Mae.
(d) Dottie Mae.
2. Right before leaving his mother's home with his wife and son, what does his mother beg him to do?
(a) Call her Mom.
(b) Never come back again.
(d) Give her a hug.
3. Upon his return to his new base, what does David learn Patsy has done?
(a) Borrowed money form his foster mom.
(b) Borrowed money from his grandmother.
(c) Borrowed money from her mother.
(d) Borrowed money from Russell.
4. What does Patsy do in July of 1990 that causes David to trust her less?
(a) Opens a charge card without him knowing.
(b) Drops their son accidently.
(c) Cheats on him.
(d) Calls his mother.
5. What is one of David's greatest anxieties?
(a) Not paying bills.
(b) Being in public.
(c) Talking to anyone at any time.
(d) Causing stress with Patsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David tell Patsy happened with his first two books?
2. What does David want to name his son?
3. According to Patsy, what is going to make her life whole?
4. Who stands with David as best man on his wedding day?
5. What kind of books does David read to his son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David's friend David Howard refuse to stand as David's best man?
2. Why is David so adamant about saving money and not living beyond his means?
3. Who does David give the first copies of his book "A Child Called It" to?
4. What does Patsy do for David during their separation that surprises him?
5. What happens a few weeks before Stephen's first birthday?
6. Why is David worried about Katie?
7. What does David remember about his childhood when talking to Mr. Ziegler at his old elementary school?
8. During his first family trip, David goes to see his mother. Why is David shocked by his mother's home?
9. What rumors that could effect David begin to build around his air base in the spring of 1992?
10. Describe David's relationship with his son Stephen.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)