|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In August of 1990, what caused David's marital problems to be placed on the back burner?
(a) Operation Desert Storm.
(b) Timur's invasion of China.
(c) Hussein's invasion of Kuwait.
(d) Bush's invasion of Panama.
2. What is the name of the teacher whom David visits when promoting his first book?
(a) Mr. Ziegler.
(b) Mr. Pentergast.
(c) Mr. Walker.
(d) Mr. Thompson.
3. What is the name of the Air Force major that suggests David speak to kids?
4. Where do David and Patsy become engaged at?
(a) A fast food restaurant.
(b) A steakhouse.
(c) A Mexican restaurant.
(d) An Italian restaurant.
5. Why is Marsha going through all of the trouble that she is with David's book?
(a) She was abused as a child also.
(b) She wants this book to be her big break.
(c) She believes in what he is doing.
(d) She wants to marry David.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the principal that called David's mother everyday while he was in school?
2. Who is David's childhood hero?
3. After all of the problems with David's Air Force paperwork, what base does he finally get assigned to?
4. What does Mr. Zeigler ask David to do after David's presentation at the school?
5. Why does Patsy say that the luncheon she received an award for David at "wasn't all that?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Patsy think that David is ready for a new start to their marriage?
2. How does David describe Stephen's feelings about his separation from Patsy?
3. What happens at David's apartment when leaving Patsy to water the plants and feed his turtle?
4. What are David's thoughts as he is performing his first re-fuel on the Blackbird?
5. What rumors that could effect David begin to build around his air base in the spring of 1992?
6. What causes David to open up about his past abuse when speaking to troubled kids?
7. During his first family trip, David goes to see his mother. Why is David shocked by his mother's home?
8. What does David realize when his mother says, "It was an accident?"
9. After all of the problems with David's paperwork in the military, what does Sergeant Blue offer David?
10. What causes David to erupt after reading a news article?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)