|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to David, what happens to him when he is with Marsha?
(a) He wishes she would leave him alone.
(b) He cannot help but feel antimidated.
(c) He wants to hide when he is around her.
(d) He feels clean.
2. After earning his crew wings, what will David's position be in the Air Force?
(b) Ground crew.
(c) Flight cook.
(d) Boom operator.
3. Why is Marsha going through all of the trouble that she is with David's book?
(a) She wants to marry David.
(b) She was abused as a child also.
(c) She wants this book to be her big break.
(d) She believes in what he is doing.
4. According to the newspaper article regarding the father killing his son, for how long is the man sentenced?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
5. What promotion causes David to work longer hours?
(a) Flight sergeant.
(b) Station sergeant.
(c) Technical sergeant.
(d) Staff sergeant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Patsy say that the luncheon she received an award for David at "wasn't all that?"
2. According to Patsy, what is going to make her life whole?
3. Who stands with David as best man on his wedding day?
4. What happened a little less than a month after David and Patsy divorced?
5. What was the name of the principal that called David's mother everyday while he was in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David describe Stephen's feelings about his separation from Patsy?
2. Why does Patsy think that David is ready for a new start to their marriage?
3. Describe the mood at the Mexican restaurant when David and Patsy become engaged.
4. What does David promise to Stephen, in his own mind, about going to war?
5. Describe David's relationship with his son Stephen.
6. How does Patsy lose David's trust completely?
7. What does Patsy do for David during their separation that surprises him?
8. During his first family trip, David goes to see his mother. Why is David shocked by his mother's home?
9. Why does David's friend David Howard refuse to stand as David's best man?
10. What are a few of the reasons that Patsy is upset with David?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)