|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term of endearment does Marsha call David after he lets yet another term of endearment slip?
2. Where is the first place David and Patsy drive to together?
(a) San Fransisco.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Deigo.
(d) Long Beach.
3. What happened a little less than a month after David and Patsy divorced?
(a) Patsy got remarried.
(b) Patsy moved across country with their son.
(c) David got remarried.
(d) Patsy filed for full custody.
4. Why can't David call Mr. Ziegler by his first name?
(a) He is older than David, and Daivd cannot do it.
(b) Out of respect because he is Dave's teacher.
(c) He does not want to associate any negative feelings with that name.
(d) He is still afraid of him.
5. Why does David tell Patsy he is doing everything that he is (Air Force, volunteering, part-time job)?
(a) Because he cannot stand to be around her.
(b) To feel better about himself.
(c) To help all the children in the world.
(d) To make it better for her and their son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year do rumors begin to spread throughout the military about severe personnel cutbacks?
2. What promotion causes David to work longer hours?
3. Who stands with David as best man on his wedding day?
4. What is the name of the teacher whom David visits when promoting his first book?
5. What does David tell Patsy he wants to do after getting out of the Air Force?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes David to erupt after reading a news article?
2. What does David realize when his mother says, "It was an accident?"
3. What are a few of the reasons that Patsy is upset with David?
4. What does Patsy do for David during their separation that surprises him?
5. Why does Patsy think that David is ready for a new start to their marriage?
6. What are David's thoughts as he is performing his first re-fuel on the Blackbird?
7. What causes David to open up about his past abuse when speaking to troubled kids?
8. Why is David worried about Katie?
9. What option does the female co-pilot give David as an alternative to getting married?
10. Describe David's relationship with his son Stephen.
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)