|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of David's greatest anxieties?
(a) Not paying bills.
(b) Being in public.
(c) Talking to anyone at any time.
(d) Causing stress with Patsy.
2. Who does David remember his mother looking like when he was a child?
(b) Sleeping Beauty.
(d) Snow White.
3. Where does David have to fly to accept the award for one of the Ten Outstanding Young Persons of the World?
(b) New York.
4. Why does David tell Patsy he is doing everything that he is (Air Force, volunteering, part-time job)?
(a) To feel better about himself.
(b) To make it better for her and their son.
(c) Because he cannot stand to be around her.
(d) To help all the children in the world.
5. What was the name of the operation that the F-117 debuted as?
(a) Operation Starlight.
(b) Operation Eastern Exit.
(c) Operation Just Cause.
(d) Operation Sharp Edge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Given how frugally David must live to survive, what does his typical dinner consist of?
2. Why is David making the trip to California (the one Patsy accompanies him on)?
3. David, after making a mental plot to kidnap his mother, decides he would never do such a thing. What does he yell internally?
4. Ever since his family's visit to his mother's home in Chapter 10, what does David think about every day?
5. On David's last visit to his mother's home, what does he tell her not to quit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David promise to Stephen, in his own mind, about going to war?
2. What does David remember about his childhood when talking to Mr. Ziegler at his old elementary school?
3. Why is Patsy so excited about the arrival of their baby?
4. What happens on David's first qualification flight on the Looking Glass?
5. What are David's thoughts as he is performing his first re-fuel on the Blackbird?
6. Why does David's friend David Howard refuse to stand as David's best man?
7. What do David and Stephen do together on Stephen's first two-week stay with David?
8. How does Patsy lose David's trust completely?
9. What happens at David's apartment when leaving Patsy to water the plants and feed his turtle?
10. Describe the mood at the Mexican restaurant when David and Patsy become engaged.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)