|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David, Patsy, and their son make their first family trip to?
(a) Russian River.
2. Right before leaving his mother's home with his wife and son, what does his mother beg him to do?
(a) Give her a hug.
(c) Never come back again.
(d) Call her Mom.
3. Why does David tell Patsy he is doing everything that he is (Air Force, volunteering, part-time job)?
(a) Because he cannot stand to be around her.
(b) To make it better for her and their son.
(c) To help all the children in the world.
(d) To feel better about himself.
4. Where does David get a job doing grounds work?
(a) Rio Villa.
(b) Monte Villa.
(c) Monte Rio.
(d) Casa Rio.
5. According to David, what happens to him when he is with Marsha?
(a) He feels clean.
(b) He cannot help but feel antimidated.
(c) He wishes she would leave him alone.
(d) He wants to hide when he is around her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After all of the problems with David's Air Force paperwork, what base does he finally get assigned to?
2. Where does David first meet Patsy?
3. Who is Marsha Donohoe?
4. Why is David making the trip to California (the one Patsy accompanies him on)?
5. What was the name of the principal that called David's mother everyday while he was in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at David's apartment when leaving Patsy to water the plants and feed his turtle?
2. What do David and Stephen do together on Stephen's first two-week stay with David?
3. How does David describe Stephen's feelings about his separation from Patsy?
4. Who does David give the first copies of his book "A Child Called It" to?
5. During his first family trip, David goes to see his mother. Why is David shocked by his mother's home?
6. How does David's mother explain "It's" behavior?
7. Why is Patsy so excited about the arrival of their baby?
8. Why does David's friend David Howard refuse to stand as David's best man?
9. What happens a few weeks before Stephen's first birthday?
10. Why is David worried about Katie?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)