|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What operation is David deployed on in 1990?
(a) Operation Gulf War.
(b) Operation Desert Sabre.
(c) Operation Desert Storm.
(d) Operation Desert Shield.
2. What is one of David's greatest anxieties?
(a) Not paying bills.
(b) Talking to anyone at any time.
(c) Being in public.
(d) Causing stress with Patsy.
3. What happened a little less than a month after David and Patsy divorced?
(a) Patsy moved across country with their son.
(b) Patsy got remarried.
(c) David got remarried.
(d) Patsy filed for full custody.
4. Why does David tell Patsy he is doing everything that he is (Air Force, volunteering, part-time job)?
(a) To make it better for her and their son.
(b) To feel better about himself.
(c) Because he cannot stand to be around her.
(d) To help all the children in the world.
5. What promotion causes David to work longer hours?
(a) Flight sergeant.
(b) Technical sergeant.
(c) Station sergeant.
(d) Staff sergeant.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Patsy, what is going to make her life whole?
2. What year do rumors begin to spread throughout the military about severe personnel cutbacks?
3. What is the name of the new plane that David is going to work with?
4. What is the name of the teacher whom David visits when promoting his first book?
5. How old is David's son when he leaves for Saudi Arabia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe David's relationship with his son Stephen.
2. Who does David give the first copies of his book "A Child Called It" to?
3. Why is Patsy so excited about the arrival of their baby?
4. What does Patsy do for David during their separation that surprises him?
5. How does Patsy lose David's trust completely?
6. What does David promise to Stephen, in his own mind, about going to war?
7. Why is David worried about Katie?
8. Why does David have such a hard time on the drive home from Utah to Florida?
9. What are a few of the reasons that Patsy is upset with David?
10. How does David's mother explain "It's" behavior?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)