|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is David's "bunk buddy" in the Air Force?
2. After riding his motorcycle to his grandmother's, where does David end up sleeping on the night he arrives?
(a) In his mother's old bedroom.
(b) On the porch.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) At Russell's house.
3. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
4. What is the first thing David does upon returning from Egypt?
(a) Call Alice.
(b) Call his mother.
(c) Call his grandmother.
(d) Call Russell.
5. Which one of David's brothers came to the hospital to see their father before David arrived?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing that David said to his father before he died?
2. What book written by Gary Powers does David spend time reading?
3. While speaking about her family, where does David's mother say Ronald is stationed at?
4. Upon returning to his base after the funeral, what illness does David come down with?
5. Who called David at his foster parent's home while taking a break from staying with his father in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. David has the chance to leave for basic training in either one day or the following week. Why does David choose to leave in a week for basic training?
2. In Chapter 1 entitled "The End," what happens when David finally lashes out verbally against his mother?
3. What does David realize while looking in the mirror at his grandmother's about his grandmother?
4. David's grandmother denies abusing his mother. What did his grandmother do to her daughter as a child?
5. What advice does David's father have for him as he gets ready to leave for the Air Force?
6. How does David impress the Air Force sergeant assigned to his enlistment paperwork?
7. Why is David's grandmother upset with his brother Russell?
8. Why is David so upset about his father being in the hospital?
9. Why does David choose to stay at the dorms rather than go out with the other soldiers?
10. Describe the nightmares that David has during basic training.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)