|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While speaking about her family, where does David's mother say Ronald is stationed at?
2. While staying with his father in the hospital, David goes to see his mother. Who answers the door at his mother's house?
(c) His grandmother.
3. After examining David, what does the nurse come to find out is David's real injury?
(a) A crushed nasal passage.
(b) A crushed larynx.
(c) A swollen Adam's apple.
(d) A bruised esophagus.
4. What are the two names that David calls his mother?
(a) Mommy and Mom.
(b) Mother and The Monster.
(c) Mommy and The Mother.
(d) Mom and The Monster.
5. Which one of David's brothers does he take out while in town visiting his grandmother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is David's aviation mentor?
2. How long is David heavily sedated due to his illness?
3. What were the last words Aunt Jane and David's father (right before David enlisted in the Air Force) said when getting off the phone after telling David that "There are no guarantees in life?"
4. Upon first entering the nurse's office, what does the nurse think is wrong with David?
5. While talking to his father in the hospital, why does David say he joined the Air Force?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only way that David knows how to deal with his father's death?
2. David's mother stopped calling David by his name while he was a child. Describe the regression of David's "name."
3. Describe the nightmares that David has during basic training.
4. What does David's mother mean by "All I've done for you" when talking to David?
5. Patsy gives David a lot of trouble about not going out with her in Chapter 6 entitled "Regroup." How does David justify to Patsy not going out and doing anything fun?
6. Why is David afraid of the nurse reporting the abuse to the authorities?
7. Why does David not understand the reason for his mother's abuse?
8. Why is David so upset about his father being in the hospital?
9. How did David deal with his Mother's abuse as a child?
10. While looking around his mother's bedroom, what is he surprised to find after seven years?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)