|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David's grandmother say she never did to his mother?
(a) Correct her.
(b) Abuse her.
(c) Love her.
(d) Hug her.
2. Which one of David's brothers came to the hospital to see their father before David arrived?
3. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
(a) An object.
(b) A thing.
(c) A waste.
(d) An animal.
4. Who wrote the letter that David wished he never received?
(a) His brother.
(b) His foster mother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. While looking at pictures in his mother's bedroom, who is missing in all of the photos?
(b) His grandmother.
(c) David and his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David's mother tell her mother (David's grandmother) that David did when he visited?
2. What does David describe his knight-in-shining-armor plans as?
3. What is the name of the male nurse that meets David to inform him about his father's condition?
4. While at his grandmother's, what CAN'T David do?
5. What does David's grandmother compare talking about the past to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David's mother refuse to go see her husband in the hospital?
2. Why does David find out that his superior officers have been so hard on him?
3. How did David deal with his Mother's abuse as a child?
4. Why does David initially refuse to admit that his father was going to die?
5. Why is David so upset about his father being in the hospital?
6. Why does David choose to stay at the dorms rather than go out with the other soldiers?
7. Why does David not understand the reason for his mother's abuse?
8. Why is David afraid of the nurse reporting the abuse to the authorities?
9. How does David impress the Air Force sergeant assigned to his enlistment paperwork?
10. Patsy gives David a lot of trouble about not going out with her in Chapter 6 entitled "Regroup." How does David justify to Patsy not going out and doing anything fun?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)