|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is David's plane landing at the end of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
(b) San Francisco.
(d) San Antonio.
2. What is the mission to Egypt nicknamed?
(a) Desert Seige.
(b) Tent Offense.
(c) Proud Phantom.
(d) Digger's Dream.
3. Who called David at his foster parent's home while taking a break from staying with his father in the hospital?
(a) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
4. Where does David work as a short-order cook?
(a) Western Sizzler.
(b) Iron Skillet.
5. In the hospital, what story does David tell his father so that he can talk to him without worrying what to say?
(a) A story about his enlistment process.
(b) A story about their trip to the Russian River.
(c) A story about the day he was rescued from his mother.
(d) A story about cooking for the Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of David's brothers does he take out while in town visiting his grandmother?
2. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
3. What does David describe his knight-in-shining-armor plans as?
4. What is the name of the male nurse that meets David to inform him about his father's condition?
5. Much to David's surprise, how long has his father been in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David not understand the reason for his mother's abuse?
2. Describe David's relationship with his son Stephen.
3. Who has come to visit David's father in the hospital?
4. Why is Patsy so excited about the arrival of their baby?
5. How does Marsha help David to grow as an individual?
6. What do David and Stephen do together on Stephen's first two-week stay with David?
7. Why is David's grandmother so upset with his mother (her daughter) after his father's death?
8. How does David describe Stephen's feelings about his separation from Patsy?
9. What is the only way that David knows how to deal with his father's death?
10. What are David's thoughts as he is performing his first re-fuel on the Blackbird?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)