|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David's grandmother is very hard on Stan. Why is David angry about her lack of patience with Stan?
(a) Stan is only 5.
(b) Stan is mentally retarded.
(c) Stan has Bipolar Disorder.
(d) Stan has Social Anxiety Disorder.
2. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
3. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
(a) An object.
(b) A waste.
(c) An animal.
(d) A thing.
4. Who does David find out has died while he was in Egypt?
(a) Uncle Dan.
(d) His mother.
5. What causes David's father to be hospitalized?
(a) Acute Leukemia.
(b) Muscular Dystrophy.
(c) Ideopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing that David said to his father before he died?
2. What does David's mother tell her mother (David's grandmother) that David did when he visited?
3. What were the last words Aunt Jane and David's father (right before David enlisted in the Air Force) said when getting off the phone after telling David that "There are no guarantees in life?"
4. What is the mission to Egypt nicknamed?
5. What does David think his father's admittance into the hospital will do for his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. David has the chance to leave for basic training in either one day or the following week. Why does David choose to leave in a week for basic training?
2. Who has come to visit David's father in the hospital?
3. In Chapter 1 entitled "The End," what happens when David finally lashes out verbally against his mother?
4. What does David realize while looking in the mirror at his grandmother's about his grandmother?
5. David's mother stopped calling David by his name while he was a child. Describe the regression of David's "name."
6. Why does David not understand the reason for his mother's abuse?
7. Why is David so upset about his father being in the hospital?
8. What advice does David's father have for him as he gets ready to leave for the Air Force?
9. Why is David afraid of the nurse reporting the abuse to the authorities?
10. Why is David surprised upon entering his mother's home after seven years?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)