|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
(a) By his courage.
(b) By his schooling.
(c) By his physical strength.
(d) By his knowledge of planes.
2. What was the date that David was placed into protective custody?
(a) August 24, 1979.
(b) December 31, 1973.
(c) January 1, 1974.
(d) March 5, 1973.
3. Who bought David a bike for Christmas in 1972?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His mother.
4. What causes David's father to be hospitalized?
(b) Ideopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.
(c) Acute Leukemia.
(d) Muscular Dystrophy.
5. What item of his father's does David take from the coat in the closet?
(a) His father's admittance papers.
(b) His father's medicine.
(c) His father's medical card.
(d) His father's badge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David's grandmother say she never did to his mother?
2. Why is there no casket at the funeral of David's father?
3. What is the name of David's foster mother?
4. According to David, who is the only one who can save his father?
5. After riding his motorcycle to his grandmother's, where does David end up sleeping on the night he arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David choose to stay at the dorms rather than go out with the other soldiers?
2. How did David deal with his Mother's abuse as a child?
3. Who has come to visit David's father in the hospital?
4. Why is David's grandmother upset with his brother Russell?
5. Why is David sweating while on the plane to San Antonio?
6. What does David's mother mean by "All I've done for you" when talking to David?
7. Why does David not understand the reason for his mother's abuse?
8. Why is David's grandmother so upset with his mother (her daughter) after his father's death?
9. What is the only way that David knows how to deal with his father's death?
10. Patsy gives David a lot of trouble about not going out with her in Chapter 6 entitled "Regroup." How does David justify to Patsy not going out and doing anything fun?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)