|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David's grandmother is very hard on Stan. Why is David angry about her lack of patience with Stan?
(a) Stan has Social Anxiety Disorder.
(b) Stan is only 5.
(c) Stan is mentally retarded.
(d) Stan has Bipolar Disorder.
2. Who bought David a bike for Christmas in 1972?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His aunt.
3. What does David think his father's admittance into the hospital will do for his family?
(a) Create a relationship between David and his father.
(b) Create a relationship between David and his mother.
(c) Bring his parents back together.
(d) Bring him closure regarding his abusive family.
4. Much to David's surprise, how long has his father been in the hospital?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Four months.
(c) Four years.
(d) Four days.
5. Who is David's "bunk buddy" in the Air Force?
Short Answer Questions
1. While talking to his father in the hospital, why does David say he joined the Air Force?
2. According to David's mother, who is the man of the house?
3. Why is there no casket at the funeral of David's father?
4. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
5. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does David's father have for him as he gets ready to leave for the Air Force?
2. Who has come to visit David's father in the hospital?
3. What does David realize while looking in the mirror at his grandmother's about his grandmother?
4. How did David deal with his Mother's abuse as a child?
5. What is the only way that David knows how to deal with his father's death?
6. Why is David sweating while on the plane to San Antonio?
7. Why is David surprised upon entering his mother's home after seven years?
8. Why is David's grandmother so upset with his mother (her daughter) after his father's death?
9. Why does David choose to stay at the dorms rather than go out with the other soldiers?
10. Why does David find out that his superior officers have been so hard on him?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)