|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
2. What is the name of David's foster mother?
(a) Mrs. Turnbough.
(b) Mrs. Freeland.
(c) Mrs. Zeigler.
(d) Ms. Gold.
3. Which one of David's brothers does he take out while in town visiting his grandmother?
4. What decision does David make during the summer of 1978?
(a) To quit high school.
(b) To contact his brothers.
(c) To become a car salesman.
(d) To see his mother.
5. What does the nurse tell Steve he has to do in order to allow his father to "go?"
(a) Sign the papers to stop treatment.
(b) Make sure he knows the funeral plans are taken care of.
(c) Tell him he loves him.
(d) Tell him he will be okay and let him go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book written by Gary Powers does David spend time reading?
2. After basic training is completed, what position does David get in the Air Force?
3. While talking to his father in the hospital, why does David say he joined the Air Force?
4. What does David want his mother to do to him?
5. What does David's grandmother compare talking about the past to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does David's father have for him as he gets ready to leave for the Air Force?
2. Why is David so upset about his father being in the hospital?
3. Why is David shocked by the one and only letter his father sends him?
4. Why does David find out that his superior officers have been so hard on him?
5. Patsy gives David a lot of trouble about not going out with her in Chapter 6 entitled "Regroup." How does David justify to Patsy not going out and doing anything fun?
6. David's mother stopped calling David by his name while he was a child. Describe the regression of David's "name."
7. Why is David's grandmother upset with his brother Russell?
8. What does David realize while looking in the mirror at his grandmother's about his grandmother?
9. Why is David sweating while on the plane to San Antonio?
10. David's grandmother denies abusing his mother. What did his grandmother do to her daughter as a child?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)