|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the nurse tell Steve he has to do in order to allow his father to "go?"
(a) Tell him he loves him.
(b) Sign the papers to stop treatment.
(c) Make sure he knows the funeral plans are taken care of.
(d) Tell him he will be okay and let him go.
2. What does David describe his knight-in-shining-armor plans as?
(a) Idiotic pipe dreams.
(b) Self-sacrificing horridity.
(c) Stupid selfishness.
(d) A waste.
3. What does David's grandmother say she never did to his mother?
(a) Abuse her.
(b) Hug her.
(c) Correct her.
(d) Love her.
4. Who is David's aviation mentor?
(a) Scott Trinder.
(b) Michael Marsh.
(c) Michael Timmons.
(d) Timothy Michaels.
5. David's grandmother is very hard on Stan. Why is David angry about her lack of patience with Stan?
(a) Stan is mentally retarded.
(b) Stan is only 5.
(c) Stan has Bipolar Disorder.
(d) Stan has Social Anxiety Disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing David does upon returning from Egypt?
2. While talking to his father in the hospital, why does David say he joined the Air Force?
3. How long is David heavily sedated due to his illness?
4. What does the enlisting sergeant call David when talking to him about planes?
5. Where does David's grandmother think he should visit while in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David not understand the reason for his mother's abuse?
2. What advice does David's father have for him as he gets ready to leave for the Air Force?
3. David's mother stopped calling David by his name while he was a child. Describe the regression of David's "name."
4. David's grandmother denies abusing his mother. What did his grandmother do to her daughter as a child?
5. Why does David's mother refuse to go see her husband in the hospital?
6. Why does David choose to stay at the dorms rather than go out with the other soldiers?
7. While looking around his mother's bedroom, what is he surprised to find after seven years?
8. Why is David afraid of the nurse reporting the abuse to the authorities?
9. Patsy gives David a lot of trouble about not going out with her in Chapter 6 entitled "Regroup." How does David justify to Patsy not going out and doing anything fun?
10. Why is David's grandmother upset with his brother Russell?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)