|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bought David a bike for Christmas in 1972?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandmother.
2. In the autobiography, what does David say is the nickname given to foster children?
3. Who admits to calling social services before David was removed from his mother's home?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His aunt.
4. Who called David at his foster parent's home while taking a break from staying with his father in the hospital?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
5. Who does the enlisting sergeant compare David to?
(a) Christopher Platte.
(b) John Boyd.
(c) Chuck Yeager.
(d) "Tex" Johnston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the enlisting sergeant call David when talking to him about planes?
2. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
3. While at his grandmother's, what CAN'T David do?
4. Who goes to the hospital with David to see his father for the first time?
5. Who wrote the letter that David wished he never received?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only way that David knows how to deal with his father's death?
2. Why is David afraid of the nurse reporting the abuse to the authorities?
3. Why does David not understand the reason for his mother's abuse?
4. Why does David's mother refuse to go see her husband in the hospital?
5. Why is David's grandmother upset with his brother Russell?
6. Describe the nightmares that David has during basic training.
7. Why does David choose to stay at the dorms rather than go out with the other soldiers?
8. Why is David surprised upon entering his mother's home after seven years?
9. How does David's father "tell" him where the badge is?
10. Why is David sweating while on the plane to San Antonio?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)