|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the date that David was placed into protective custody?
(a) December 31, 1973.
(b) March 5, 1973.
(c) January 1, 1974.
(d) August 24, 1979.
2. On the day that David runs late for the hospital, what lie does David tell his father?
(a) That he is leaving in an hour.
(b) That the doctor says he is going to be okay.
(c) That his mother is coming to visit.
(d) That his brothers are coming to visit.
3. Who calls Alice to tell her about the admittance of David's father into the hospital?
(a) David's father.
(b) David's brother Russell.
(c) David's mother.
(d) David's brother Stan.
4. Why does David refuse to say anything bad about his mother to the nurse?
(a) Because she is sick.
(b) Because he claims no one wins against her.
(c) Because she will deny everything.
(d) Because she will die.
5. Where does the book begin?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) Daly City, California.
(c) Russian RIver, California.
(d) Red River, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. After basic training is completed, what position does David get in the Air Force?
2. After riding his motorcycle to his grandmother's, where does David end up sleeping on the night he arrives?
3. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
4. According to the phone call, how long does David's father have left to live?
5. What is the first thing David does upon returning from Egypt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David's mother mean by "All I've done for you" when talking to David?
2. Why does David's mother refuse to go see her husband in the hospital?
3. How does David impress the Air Force sergeant assigned to his enlistment paperwork?
4. How did David deal with his Mother's abuse as a child?
5. Why is David so upset about his father being in the hospital?
6. How does David's father "tell" him where the badge is?
7. David has the chance to leave for basic training in either one day or the following week. Why does David choose to leave in a week for basic training?
8. Why is David surprised upon entering his mother's home after seven years?
9. Why does David not understand the reason for his mother's abuse?
10. While looking around his mother's bedroom, what is he surprised to find after seven years?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)