|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the only letters that David regularly receives while in basic training?
(a) Ones marked "Return to Sender."
(b) Ones from his mother.
(c) Ones from his brothers.
(d) Ones from his father.
2. After riding his motorcycle to his grandmother's, where does David end up sleeping on the night he arrives?
(a) In his mother's old bedroom.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) On the porch.
(d) At Russell's house.
3. While looking at pictures in his mother's bedroom, who is missing in all of the photos?
(a) His grandmother.
(c) David and his father.
4. Who is David's "bunk buddy" in the Air Force?
5. Who called David at his foster parent's home while taking a break from staying with his father in the hospital?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at his grandmother's, what CAN'T David do?
2. Who admits to calling social services before David was removed from his mother's home?
3. Which one of David's brothers came to the hospital to see their father before David arrived?
4. What happened to the home of David's mother while he was in Egypt?
5. What excuse does David's mother come up with to cover up his injuries sustained from being pushed down the stairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David realize while looking in the mirror at his grandmother's about his grandmother?
2. Why is David's grandmother so upset with his mother (her daughter) after his father's death?
3. In Chapter 1 entitled "The End," what happens when David finally lashes out verbally against his mother?
4. What does David's mother mean by "All I've done for you" when talking to David?
5. How does David impress the Air Force sergeant assigned to his enlistment paperwork?
6. Why is David surprised upon entering his mother's home after seven years?
7. David's mother stopped calling David by his name while he was a child. Describe the regression of David's "name."
8. What advice does David's father have for him as he gets ready to leave for the Air Force?
9. Patsy gives David a lot of trouble about not going out with her in Chapter 6 entitled "Regroup." How does David justify to Patsy not going out and doing anything fun?
10. Why does David's mother refuse to go see her husband in the hospital?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)