|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After basic training is completed, what position does David get in the Air Force?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A fireman.
(c) A gunner.
(d) A cook.
2. What memory does David have upon walking into his grandmother's home?
(a) Going over with his mother and brothers to decorate her Christmas tree.
(b) Going over for Easter dinner.
(c) Going over for Sunday brunches.
(d) Spending the night to get away from his mother.
3. Who does the enlisting sergeant compare David to?
(a) John Boyd.
(b) Christopher Platte.
(c) "Tex" Johnston.
(d) Chuck Yeager.
4. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
(a) Because he has pneumonia.
(b) Because he has cancer.
(c) Because he is flying.
(d) Because he is going to see his brother.
5. Who does David find out has died while he was in Egypt?
(a) His mother.
(d) Uncle Dan.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
2. Who admits to calling social services before David was removed from his mother's home?
3. What was the date that David was placed into protective custody?
4. While staying with his father in the hospital, David goes to see his mother. Who answers the door at his mother's house?
5. What is the name of David's social worker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are David's thoughts as he is performing his first re-fuel on the Blackbird?
2. Describe the mood at the Mexican restaurant when David and Patsy become engaged.
3. What happens a few weeks before Stephen's first birthday?
4. Why does David not understand the reason for his mother's abuse?
5. Why does David initially refuse to admit that his father was going to die?
6. What does David promise to Stephen, in his own mind, about going to war?
7. Why is David surprised upon entering his mother's home after seven years?
8. After all of the problems with David's paperwork in the military, what does Sergeant Blue offer David?
9. Why is David's grandmother upset with his brother Russell?
10. What does David realize when his mother says, "It was an accident?"
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)