Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David's grandmother hear David yelling into a mirror when he was a child?
(a) I'm a bad boy!
(b) I don't deserve your love!
(c) Mother is always right!
(d) I hate myself!
2. After riding his motorcycle to his grandmother's, where does David end up sleeping on the night he arrives?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) On the porch.
(c) In his mother's old bedroom.
(d) At Russell's house.
3. Which one of David's brothers does he take out while in town visiting his grandmother?
4. Who calls Alice to tell her about the admittance of David's father into the hospital?
(a) David's mother.
(b) David's brother Russell.
(c) David's father.
(d) David's brother Stan.
5. Why is there no casket at the funeral of David's father?
(a) The hospital refused to release the body.
(b) He was cremated.
(c) His body was misplaced at the morgue.
(d) His mother refused to buy a casket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of David's foster mother?
2. Upon returning to his base after the funeral, what illness does David come down with?
3. The last time David saw his father, he showed him his prized possession. What is his father's prized possession?
4. What is the mission to Egypt nicknamed?
5. What is the first thing David does upon returning from Egypt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David remember about his childhood when talking to Mr. Ziegler at his old elementary school?
2. After all of the problems with David's paperwork in the military, what does Sergeant Blue offer David?
3. David's mother stopped calling David by his name while he was a child. Describe the regression of David's "name."
4. What happens a few weeks before Stephen's first birthday?
5. Why does David find out that his superior officers have been so hard on him?
6. Why does David's mother refuse to go see her husband in the hospital?
7. Why is David worried about Katie?
8. Why is David so upset about his father being in the hospital?
9. Why is David afraid of the nurse reporting the abuse to the authorities?
10. Why is Patsy so excited about the arrival of their baby?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)