|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
(a) Holding her arms out to welcome him into an embrace.
(b) Standing like a statue at the end of a hall.
(c) In a hospital room.
(d) In a grave.
2. According to Aunt Jane, times were different in the past and nicknamed what?
(a) The days of ask nothing.
(b) The days of privacy.
(c) The days of wine and roses.
(d) The days of blind bliss.
3. David's grandmother is very hard on Stan. Why is David angry about her lack of patience with Stan?
(a) Stan is only 5.
(b) Stan is mentally retarded.
(c) Stan has Bipolar Disorder.
(d) Stan has Social Anxiety Disorder.
4. After basic training is completed, what position does David get in the Air Force?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A gunner.
(c) A cook.
(d) A fireman.
5. According to David's mother, who is the man of the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who admits to calling social services before David was removed from his mother's home?
2. The last time David saw his father, he showed him his prized possession. What is his father's prized possession?
3. What is the mission to Egypt nicknamed?
4. Upon first entering the nurse's office, what does the nurse think is wrong with David?
5. According to the nurse, what is David's first priority relating to his father's stay in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. While looking around his mother's bedroom, what is he surprised to find after seven years?
2. Why does David choose to stay at the dorms rather than go out with the other soldiers?
3. Why is David so upset about his father being in the hospital?
4. How did David deal with his Mother's abuse as a child?
5. Why is David afraid of the nurse reporting the abuse to the authorities?
6. David's grandmother denies abusing his mother. What did his grandmother do to her daughter as a child?
7. David has the chance to leave for basic training in either one day or the following week. Why does David choose to leave in a week for basic training?
8. What advice does David's father have for him as he gets ready to leave for the Air Force?
9. Why does David find out that his superior officers have been so hard on him?
10. Why is David shocked by the one and only letter his father sends him?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)