|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of David's brothers does he take out while in town visiting his grandmother?
2. On the day that David runs late for the hospital, what lie does David tell his father?
(a) That his mother is coming to visit.
(b) That he is leaving in an hour.
(c) That his brothers are coming to visit.
(d) That the doctor says he is going to be okay.
3. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
(a) An animal.
(b) A waste.
(c) An object.
(d) A thing.
4. Who does the enlisting sergeant compare David to?
(a) John Boyd.
(b) "Tex" Johnston.
(c) Chuck Yeager.
(d) Christopher Platte.
5. Who bought David a bike for Christmas in 1972?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
2. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
3. What excuse does David's mother come up with to cover up his injuries sustained from being pushed down the stairs?
4. Why is David's grandmother upset with Russell?
5. Who called David at his foster parent's home while taking a break from staying with his father in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David's mother explain "It's" behavior?
2. David's mother stopped calling David by his name while he was a child. Describe the regression of David's "name."
3. Describe David's relationship with his son Stephen.
4. Why is David afraid of the nurse reporting the abuse to the authorities?
5. How does Marsha help David to grow as an individual?
6. What are David's thoughts as he is performing his first re-fuel on the Blackbird?
7. What do David and Stephen do together on Stephen's first two-week stay with David?
8. Why is David so upset about his father being in the hospital?
9. Why is David worried about Katie?
10. Why does David find out that his superior officers have been so hard on him?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)