|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Patsy's mother?
(a) Dottie Mae.
(b) Marie Dawn.
(c) Carol Sue.
(d) Shirley Mae.
2. Where is the Pelzer family's first long distance trip to?
(a) Salt Lake City.
(c) Los Angeles.
3. What kind of books does David read to his son?
(a) Flight books.
(b) Curious George books.
(c) Dr. Seuss books.
(d) Corduroy Bear books.
4. What is David's job aboard the Looking Glass?
(a) To clean the holds.
(b) To prepare preflight checks.
(c) To perform refuels.
(d) To serve lunch.
5. Who gets the second copy of David's first book?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His elementary school.
(d) His son.
6. In August of 1990, what caused David's marital problems to be placed on the back burner?
(a) Operation Desert Storm.
(b) Timur's invasion of China.
(c) Hussein's invasion of Kuwait.
(d) Bush's invasion of Panama.
7. Where is the first place David and Patsy drive to together?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Long Beach.
(c) San Fransisco.
(d) San Deigo.
8. According to the newspaper article regarding the father killing his son, for how long is the man sentenced?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 10 years.
9. What happened a little less than a month after David and Patsy divorced?
(a) Patsy moved across country with their son.
(b) Patsy filed for full custody.
(c) Patsy got remarried.
(d) David got remarried.
10. David, after making a mental plot to kidnap his mother, decides he would never do such a thing. What does he yell internally?
(a) I will make you pay!
(b) I will never forgive you
(c) I hate you!
(d) I'm never gonna be like you!
11. According to his mother, why was David always getting in trouble?
(a) Because he would never shut up.
(b) Because he loved his father more than his mother.
(c) Because he talked back.
(d) Because he had accidents.
12. During their first face-to-face meeting, why does Marsha tell David that she came to see him?
(a) Because she is being stalked.
(b) Because she had to see what he looked like.
(c) Because he is her best friend.
(d) Because she had to get away from work.
13. Ever since his family's visit to his mother's home in Chapter 10, what does David think about every day?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His son.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
14. What was the name of the operation that the F-117 debuted as?
(a) Operation Starlight.
(b) Operation Eastern Exit.
(c) Operation Sharp Edge.
(d) Operation Just Cause.
15. What is the name of the teacher whom David visits when promoting his first book?
(a) Mr. Pentergast.
(b) Mr. Thompson.
(c) Mr. Ziegler.
(d) Mr. Walker.
Short Answer Questions
1. On David's last visit to his mother's home, what does he tell her not to quit?
2. Where does David work part-time while in the Air Force and giving speeches?
3. What does David find out was the final straw before his teachers called social services?
4. After earning his crew wings, what will David's position be in the Air Force?
5. What does Mr. Zeigler ask David to do after David's presentation at the school?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)