|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname the residents at David's apartment complex give him?
(a) Fly Boy.
2. What does Patsy do in July of 1990 that causes David to trust her less?
(a) Drops their son accidently.
(b) Opens a charge card without him knowing.
(c) Cheats on him.
(d) Calls his mother.
3. Why can't David call Mr. Ziegler by his first name?
(a) He is still afraid of him.
(b) Out of respect because he is Dave's teacher.
(c) He is older than David, and Daivd cannot do it.
(d) He does not want to associate any negative feelings with that name.
4. What was the name of the teacher that David's mother had removed from her position?
(a) Mrs. Ziegler.
(b) Ms. Smith.
(c) Ms. Moss.
(d) Ms. Commons.
5. After Patsy moves in, who does David find out has cancer?
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) Harold, his foster father.
6. What was the name of the operation that the F-117 debuted as?
(a) Operation Starlight.
(b) Operation Just Cause.
(c) Operation Sharp Edge.
(d) Operation Eastern Exit.
7. Who pins David against a wall telling him he shouldn't get married?
(a) A male copilot.
(b) A female copilot.
(d) His mother.
8. What is David's job aboard the Looking Glass?
(a) To prepare preflight checks.
(b) To clean the holds.
(c) To perform refuels.
(d) To serve lunch.
9. What makes Patsy miss the presentation to college students that she accompanies David on?
(d) A fight with David.
10. Who does David remember his mother looking like when he was a child?
(a) Snow White.
(c) Sleeping Beauty.
11. After earning his crew wings, what will David's position be in the Air Force?
(a) Boom operator.
(b) Flight cook.
(c) Ground crew.
12. Where does David get a job doing grounds work?
(a) Monte Villa.
(b) Casa Rio.
(c) Monte Rio.
(d) Rio Villa.
13. What year do rumors begin to spread throughout the military about severe personnel cutbacks?
14. Which one of David's favorite planes is retired in 1990?
15. During their first face-to-face meeting, why does Marsha tell David that she came to see him?
(a) Because he is her best friend.
(b) Because she is being stalked.
(c) Because she had to get away from work.
(d) Because she had to see what he looked like.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Patsy say that the luncheon she received an award for David at "wasn't all that?"
2. After all of the problems with David's Air Force paperwork, what base does he finally get assigned to?
3. What affectionate word does David allow to slip out when Marsha is crying on the phone about his book?
4. What is the name of the Air Force major that suggests David speak to kids?
5. What does David's mother claim was an accident (during his childhood)?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)