|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In August of 1990, what caused David's marital problems to be placed on the back burner?
(a) Operation Desert Storm.
(b) Hussein's invasion of Kuwait.
(c) Timur's invasion of China.
(d) Bush's invasion of Panama.
2. What year do rumors begin to spread throughout the military about severe personnel cutbacks?
3. What was the name of the teacher that David's mother had removed from her position?
(a) Mrs. Ziegler.
(b) Ms. Commons.
(c) Ms. Smith.
(d) Ms. Moss.
4. Who stands with David as best man on his wedding day?
(a) David Howard.
(c) J. D. Thom.
(d) His foster father.
5. What is the identification call sign David uses when calling to the Blackbird?
(a) Bandit 27.
(b) Phantom 21.
(c) Cleaner 44.
(d) Aspen 75.
6. What does David want to name his son?
(a) Stephen Russell.
(b) Stephen Joseph.
(c) David Joseph.
(d) Russell David.
7. What is the name of the teacher whom David visits when promoting his first book?
(a) Mr. Pentergast.
(b) Mr. Walker.
(c) Mr. Thompson.
(d) Mr. Ziegler.
8. Where does David get a job doing grounds work?
(a) Casa Rio.
(b) Monte Villa.
(c) Monte Rio.
(d) Rio Villa.
9. What does David tell Patsy happened with his first two books?
(a) They were printed but not published or copyrighted.
(b) They made it to the top ten list.
(c) They were stolen and published under another author's name.
(d) They were brushed under the pile and forgotten.
10. What ends David's "euphoric honeymoon?"
(a) Transfer news to Alaska.
(b) News of his mother's death.
(c) Transfer news to Nebraska.
(d) News of his foster mom's death.
11. When does David return from Saudi Arabia?
(a) March of 2009.
(b) March of 1991.
(c) March of 2001.
(d) March of 1990.
12. How old is David's son when he leaves for Saudi Arabia?
13. Where is the Pelzer family's first long distance trip to?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) Salt Lake City.
14. Who does David remember his mother looking like when he was a child?
(b) Snow White.
(c) Sleeping Beauty.
15. According to his mother, why was David always getting in trouble?
(a) Because he had accidents.
(b) Because he would never shut up.
(c) Because he talked back.
(d) Because he loved his father more than his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to David's mother, what was his other entity?
2. What happened a little less than a month after David and Patsy divorced?
3. What is the name of the little girl from the neighborhood that David worries about?
4. What is the name of the stuffed alligator that David buys for his baby?
5. What was the name of the operation that the F-117 debuted as?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)