|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to David, what happens to him when he is with Marsha?
(a) He feels clean.
(b) He wants to hide when he is around her.
(c) He cannot help but feel antimidated.
(d) He wishes she would leave him alone.
2. How many years were David and Patsy married before they separated?
3. During their first face-to-face meeting, why does Marsha tell David that she came to see him?
(a) Because he is her best friend.
(b) Because she is being stalked.
(c) Because she had to get away from work.
(d) Because she had to see what he looked like.
4. What sport does David's son enjoy playing?
5. What ends David's "euphoric honeymoon?"
(a) Transfer news to Nebraska.
(b) Transfer news to Alaska.
(c) News of his foster mom's death.
(d) News of his mother's death.
6. Who does David ask to be his best man?
(b) David Howard.
7. On David's last visit to his mother's home, what does he tell her not to quit?
(b) Having hope.
(d) Loving him.
8. What does David do every payday after he and Patsy are married?
(a) Buys books on flying.
(b) Buys everything he sees that has to do with babies.
(c) Buys jewelry for Patsy.
(d) Buys new clothes for Patsy.
9. What does David tell Patsy he wants to do after getting out of the Air Force?
(a) Become a motivational speaker.
(b) Work at juvenile hall.
(c) Become a commercial pilot.
(d) Work at DCFS.
10. What does Patsy say about the title of David's first book?
(a) It is perfect.
(b) It is absurd.
(c) It is stupid.
(d) It is depressing.
11. Where does David have to fly to accept the award for one of the Ten Outstanding Young Persons of the World?
(a) New York.
12. What is David's job aboard the Looking Glass?
(a) To prepare preflight checks.
(b) To serve lunch.
(c) To clean the holds.
(d) To perform refuels.
13. What does Mr. Zeigler ask David to do after David's presentation at the school?
(a) Go on a road trip.
(b) Go home.
(c) Come back to his house.
(d) Go out to dinner.
14. What is the nickname the residents at David's apartment complex give him?
(d) Fly Boy.
15. What is one of David's greatest anxieties?
(a) Talking to anyone at any time.
(b) Causing stress with Patsy.
(c) Being in public.
(d) Not paying bills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is David's youngest brother Kevin when he goes to visit his mother close to his son's first birthday?
2. What does Patsy do in July of 1990 that causes David to trust her less?
3. What makes Patsy miss the presentation to college students that she accompanies David on?
4. What was the name of David's juvenile officer?
5. What year do rumors begin to spread throughout the military about severe personnel cutbacks?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)