|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Zeigler ask David to do after David's presentation at the school?
(a) Go on a road trip.
(b) Come back to his house.
(c) Go home.
(d) Go out to dinner.
2. Where do David and Patsy move to soon after they marry?
(a) In with his grandmother.
(b) Military housing.
(c) To a larger home off base.
(d) In with her mother.
3. After earning his crew wings, what will David's position be in the Air Force?
(a) Boom operator.
(c) Ground crew.
(d) Flight cook.
4. What kind of books does David read to his son?
(a) Dr. Seuss books.
(b) Curious George books.
(c) Flight books.
(d) Corduroy Bear books.
5. What does Patsy say about the title of David's first book?
(a) It is depressing.
(b) It is stupid.
(c) It is perfect.
(d) It is absurd.
6. What is the name of the teacher whom David visits when promoting his first book?
(a) Mr. Ziegler.
(b) Mr. Pentergast.
(c) Mr. Thompson.
(d) Mr. Walker.
7. What term of endearment does Marsha call David after he lets yet another term of endearment slip?
8. What is the name of Patsy's mother?
(a) Carol Sue.
(b) Marie Dawn.
(c) Shirley Mae.
(d) Dottie Mae.
9. What ends David's "euphoric honeymoon?"
(a) Transfer news to Nebraska.
(b) News of his foster mom's death.
(c) News of his mother's death.
(d) Transfer news to Alaska.
10. What does David want to name his son?
(a) Stephen Joseph.
(b) Stephen Russell.
(c) David Joseph.
(d) Russell David.
11. What is one of David's greatest anxieties?
(a) Causing stress with Patsy.
(b) Talking to anyone at any time.
(c) Being in public.
(d) Not paying bills.
12. What does David do every payday after he and Patsy are married?
(a) Buys everything he sees that has to do with babies.
(b) Buys books on flying.
(c) Buys new clothes for Patsy.
(d) Buys jewelry for Patsy.
13. Which one of David's favorite planes is retired in 1990?
14. Who gets the second copy of David's first book?
(a) His mother.
(b) His son.
(c) His elementary school.
(d) His brother.
15. What year do rumors begin to spread throughout the military about severe personnel cutbacks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ever since his family's visit to his mother's home in Chapter 10, what does David think about every day?
2. Where does David have to fly to accept the award for one of the Ten Outstanding Young Persons of the World?
3. Why is Marsha going through all of the trouble that she is with David's book?
4. During the July of 1990 argument, what does Patsy claim is all David cares about?
5. What does David find out was the final straw before his teachers called social services?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)