|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the newspaper article regarding the father killing his son, for how long is the man sentenced?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 3 years.
2. What happens after David gives a presentation at his old elementary school?
(a) He hyperventilates.
(b) He calls his mother to yell at her.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He drives home to hold his son.
3. Who does David remember his mother looking like when he was a child?
(b) Sleeping Beauty.
(d) Snow White.
4. Who stands with David as best man on his wedding day?
(a) His foster father.
(b) J. D. Thom.
(c) David Howard.
5. What does Patsy do in July of 1990 that causes David to trust her less?
(a) Opens a charge card without him knowing.
(b) Calls his mother.
(c) Drops their son accidently.
(d) Cheats on him.
6. What promotion causes David to work longer hours?
(a) Technical sergeant.
(b) Staff sergeant.
(c) Flight sergeant.
(d) Station sergeant.
7. How old is David's youngest brother Kevin when he goes to visit his mother close to his son's first birthday?
8. During their first face-to-face meeting, why does Marsha tell David that she came to see him?
(a) Because she had to get away from work.
(b) Because she had to see what he looked like.
(c) Because she is being stalked.
(d) Because he is her best friend.
9. What ends David's "euphoric honeymoon?"
(a) News of his foster mom's death.
(b) Transfer news to Nebraska.
(c) Transfer news to Alaska.
(d) News of his mother's death.
10. Ever since his family's visit to his mother's home in Chapter 10, what does David think about every day?
(a) His son.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His childhood.
11. What does David find out was the final straw before his teachers called social services?
(a) The cut to his stomach.
(b) The skin missing from his arm.
(c) The broken leg.
(d) The crushed and swollen Adam's apple.
12. What is the name of the little girl from the neighborhood that David worries about?
13. What does Mr. Zeigler ask David to do after David's presentation at the school?
(a) Go home.
(b) Go on a road trip.
(c) Come back to his house.
(d) Go out to dinner.
14. When does David return from Saudi Arabia?
(a) March of 2009.
(b) March of 1991.
(c) March of 2001.
(d) March of 1990.
15. According to Patsy, what is going to make her life whole?
(a) Their marriage.
(b) The baby.
(c) Their new home.
(d) Moving away from her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marsha going through all of the trouble that she is with David's book?
2. After earning his crew wings, what will David's position be in the Air Force?
3. Where does David get a job doing grounds work?
4. What does David tell Patsy he wants to do after getting out of the Air Force?
5. On David's last visit to his mother's home, what does he tell her not to quit?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)