|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David find out was the final straw before his teachers called social services?
(a) The cut to his stomach.
(b) The broken leg.
(c) The crushed and swollen Adam's apple.
(d) The skin missing from his arm.
2. According to the newspaper article regarding the father killing his son, for how long is the man sentenced?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
3. What term of endearment does Marsha call David after he lets yet another term of endearment slip?
4. What is the nickname the residents at David's apartment complex give him?
(c) Fly Boy.
5. How old is David's youngest brother Kevin when he goes to visit his mother close to his son's first birthday?
6. What year do rumors begin to spread throughout the military about severe personnel cutbacks?
7. According to David, what happens to him when he is with Marsha?
(a) He wants to hide when he is around her.
(b) He wishes she would leave him alone.
(c) He cannot help but feel antimidated.
(d) He feels clean.
8. What operation is David deployed on in 1990?
(a) Operation Desert Sabre.
(b) Operation Desert Storm.
(c) Operation Desert Shield.
(d) Operation Gulf War.
9. Where do David and Patsy become engaged at?
(a) A steakhouse.
(b) A fast food restaurant.
(c) A Mexican restaurant.
(d) An Italian restaurant.
10. Why does David tell Patsy he is doing everything that he is (Air Force, volunteering, part-time job)?
(a) To feel better about himself.
(b) To make it better for her and their son.
(c) Because he cannot stand to be around her.
(d) To help all the children in the world.
11. After earning his crew wings, what will David's position be in the Air Force?
(a) Flight cook.
(c) Ground crew.
(d) Boom operator.
12. What is the name of the stuffed alligator that David buys for his baby?
13. What does Patsy do in July of 1990 that causes David to trust her less?
(a) Drops their son accidently.
(b) Opens a charge card without him knowing.
(c) Calls his mother.
(d) Cheats on him.
14. Who is Marsha Donohoe?
(a) David's new editor from Texas.
(b) David's new editor from Flordia.
(c) David's account manager from California.
(d) David's landlord.
15. What does David's mother claim was an accident (during his childhood)?
(a) Hitting him.
(b) Choking him.
(c) Burning him.
(d) Stabbing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are "PCs?"
2. What is the identification call sign David uses when calling to the Blackbird?
3. What was the name of David's juvenile officer?
4. Right before leaving his mother's home with his wife and son, what does his mother beg him to do?
5. What is the name of the little girl from the neighborhood that David worries about?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)