|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ends David's "euphoric honeymoon?"
(a) News of his foster mom's death.
(b) News of his mother's death.
(c) Transfer news to Alaska.
(d) Transfer news to Nebraska.
2. After all of the problems with David's Air Force paperwork, what base does he finally get assigned to?
(c) Los Angeles.
3. What was the name of the principal that called David's mother everyday while he was in school?
(a) George Michelson.
(b) Frank Stiples.
(c) Pete Hanson.
(d) Steve Harmon.
4. What is the name of the new plane that David is going to work with?
(b) Stealth Fighter.
5. What does David find out was the final straw before his teachers called social services?
(a) The cut to his stomach.
(b) The skin missing from his arm.
(c) The broken leg.
(d) The crushed and swollen Adam's apple.
6. Upon getting back to his base, what news does David find out about his paperwork?
(a) It was lost.
(b) It was denied.
(c) It was not submitted properly.
(d) It was sent to the wrong office.
7. Why does David tell Patsy he is doing everything that he is (Air Force, volunteering, part-time job)?
(a) To make it better for her and their son.
(b) To help all the children in the world.
(c) Because he cannot stand to be around her.
(d) To feel better about himself.
8. What is David's last thought of 1985?
(a) Unworthiness of being a father.
(b) How much he loves Patsy.
(c) How everything is going to be great.
(d) How much he loves his mother.
9. Who is Marsha Donohoe?
(a) David's landlord.
(b) David's new editor from Texas.
(c) David's account manager from California.
(d) David's new editor from Flordia.
10. What does Patsy say about the title of David's first book?
(a) It is depressing.
(b) It is stupid.
(c) It is absurd.
(d) It is perfect.
11. What is the name of the little girl from the neighborhood that David worries about?
12. After Patsy moves in, who does David find out has cancer?
(a) Harold, his foster father.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His mother.
13. What does David do every payday after he and Patsy are married?
(a) Buys new clothes for Patsy.
(b) Buys books on flying.
(c) Buys everything he sees that has to do with babies.
(d) Buys jewelry for Patsy.
14. According to David's mother, what was his other entity?
(a) The animal.
(b) The monster.
(c) The bad boy.
15. Right before leaving his mother's home with his wife and son, what does his mother beg him to do?
(a) Never come back again.
(b) Give her a hug.
(d) Call her Mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the teacher whom David visits when promoting his first book?
2. What does Patsy do in July of 1990 that causes David to trust her less?
3. What happens after David gives a presentation at his old elementary school?
4. How old is David's youngest brother Kevin when he goes to visit his mother close to his son's first birthday?
5. What does David want to name his son?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)