|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Patsy say that the luncheon she received an award for David at "wasn't all that?"
(a) They did not serve steak.
(b) They did not use tablecloths.
(c) There was no open bar.
(d) The chicken was cold.
2. Who is Marsha Donohoe?
(a) David's new editor from Texas.
(b) David's account manager from California.
(c) David's landlord.
(d) David's new editor from Flordia.
3. David, after making a mental plot to kidnap his mother, decides he would never do such a thing. What does he yell internally?
(a) I will never forgive you
(b) I will make you pay!
(c) I'm never gonna be like you!
(d) I hate you!
4. What does Mr. Zeigler ask David to do after David's presentation at the school?
(a) Go on a road trip.
(b) Go home.
(c) Come back to his house.
(d) Go out to dinner.
5. Why does David tell Patsy he is doing everything that he is (Air Force, volunteering, part-time job)?
(a) To feel better about himself.
(b) To help all the children in the world.
(c) Because he cannot stand to be around her.
(d) To make it better for her and their son.
6. Where does David first meet Patsy?
(a) The apartment complex vending area.
(b) The apartment complex office.
(c) The apartment complex laundry room.
(d) The apartment complex pool.
7. What is the name of the new plane that David is going to work with?
(a) Stealth Fighter.
8. What is David's job aboard the Looking Glass?
(a) To serve lunch.
(b) To clean the holds.
(c) To perform refuels.
(d) To prepare preflight checks.
9. What does Patsy do in July of 1990 that causes David to trust her less?
(a) Opens a charge card without him knowing.
(b) Calls his mother.
(c) Drops their son accidently.
(d) Cheats on him.
10. What happens to Patsy the night after she and David go out for a dinner date?
(a) She gets drunk.
(b) She removes all the money from their checking account.
(c) She packs up and leaves.
(d) She hits David.
11. Which one of David's favorite planes is retired in 1990?
12. What does David do every payday after he and Patsy are married?
(a) Buys jewelry for Patsy.
(b) Buys books on flying.
(c) Buys everything he sees that has to do with babies.
(d) Buys new clothes for Patsy.
13. Where does David, Patsy, and their son make their first family trip to?
(a) Russian River.
14. On David's last visit to his mother's home, what does he tell her not to quit?
(a) Having hope.
(c) Loving him.
15. Why can't David call Mr. Ziegler by his first name?
(a) He is older than David, and Daivd cannot do it.
(b) He does not want to associate any negative feelings with that name.
(c) Out of respect because he is Dave's teacher.
(d) He is still afraid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Patsy's mother?
2. Who does David ask to be his best man?
3. Where do David and Patsy move to soon after they marry?
4. What is the nickname the residents at David's apartment complex give him?
5. What is the name of the little girl from the neighborhood that David worries about?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)