|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Air Force major that suggests David speak to kids?
2. What is one of David's greatest anxieties?
(a) Talking to anyone at any time.
(b) Being in public.
(c) Not paying bills.
(d) Causing stress with Patsy.
3. What was the name of the operation that the F-117 debuted as?
(a) Operation Eastern Exit.
(b) Operation Just Cause.
(c) Operation Starlight.
(d) Operation Sharp Edge.
4. What is the name of the little girl from the neighborhood that David worries about?
5. Why does Patsy say that the luncheon she received an award for David at "wasn't all that?"
(a) The chicken was cold.
(b) They did not use tablecloths.
(c) They did not serve steak.
(d) There was no open bar.
6. What does David's mother claim was an accident (during his childhood)?
(a) Stabbing him.
(b) Burning him.
(c) Hitting him.
(d) Choking him.
7. During the July of 1990 argument, what does Patsy claim is all David cares about?
(a) Forgiving his mother.
(b) His past abuse.
(d) Their son.
8. What does David tell Patsy he wants to do after getting out of the Air Force?
(a) Become a commercial pilot.
(b) Work at juvenile hall.
(c) Become a motivational speaker.
(d) Work at DCFS.
9. What was the name of the principal that called David's mother everyday while he was in school?
(a) Pete Hanson.
(b) Frank Stiples.
(c) Steve Harmon.
(d) George Michelson.
10. According to the newspaper article regarding the father killing his son, for how long is the man sentenced?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 3 years.
11. What promotion causes David to work longer hours?
(a) Flight sergeant.
(b) Staff sergeant.
(c) Technical sergeant.
(d) Station sergeant.
12. On David's last visit to his mother's home, what does he tell her not to quit?
(c) Having hope.
(d) Loving him.
13. What makes Patsy miss the presentation to college students that she accompanies David on?
(b) A fight with David.
14. Why is Marsha going through all of the trouble that she is with David's book?
(a) She was abused as a child also.
(b) She wants to marry David.
(c) She believes in what he is doing.
(d) She wants this book to be her big break.
15. Who pins David against a wall telling him he shouldn't get married?
(a) A female copilot.
(b) His mother.
(d) A male copilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David ask to be his best man?
2. Upon getting back to his base, what news does David find out about his paperwork?
3. What kind of books does David read to his son?
4. Who does David remember his mother looking like when he was a child?
5. What affectionate word does David allow to slip out when Marsha is crying on the phone about his book?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)