|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ends David's "euphoric honeymoon?"
(a) News of his foster mom's death.
(b) Transfer news to Alaska.
(c) News of his mother's death.
(d) Transfer news to Nebraska.
2. Why does Patsy say that the luncheon she received an award for David at "wasn't all that?"
(a) They did not serve steak.
(b) The chicken was cold.
(c) They did not use tablecloths.
(d) There was no open bar.
3. What are "PCs?"
(a) Politically correct.
(b) Penal codes.
(c) Process control.
(d) Primary care.
4. Where does David, Patsy, and their son make their first family trip to?
(b) Russian River.
5. What does David tell Patsy he wants to do after getting out of the Air Force?
(a) Become a commercial pilot.
(b) Work at DCFS.
(c) Become a motivational speaker.
(d) Work at juvenile hall.
6. Where do David and Patsy become engaged at?
(a) A steakhouse.
(b) An Italian restaurant.
(c) A Mexican restaurant.
(d) A fast food restaurant.
7. According to the newspaper article regarding the father killing his son, for how long is the man sentenced?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
8. Where does David get a job doing grounds work?
(a) Casa Rio.
(b) Monte Villa.
(c) Rio Villa.
(d) Monte Rio.
9. Why does David tell Patsy he is doing everything that he is (Air Force, volunteering, part-time job)?
(a) To make it better for her and their son.
(b) Because he cannot stand to be around her.
(c) To help all the children in the world.
(d) To feel better about himself.
10. What was the name of David's juvenile officer?
(a) Gordon Hutchenson.
(b) Jonathon Daniels.
(c) Scott Regan.
(d) Mark RIley.
11. What is David's job aboard the Looking Glass?
(a) To perform refuels.
(b) To prepare preflight checks.
(c) To serve lunch.
(d) To clean the holds.
12. Who is Marsha Donohoe?
(a) David's new editor from Flordia.
(b) David's new editor from Texas.
(c) David's account manager from California.
(d) David's landlord.
13. What was the name of the teacher that David's mother had removed from her position?
(a) Ms. Smith.
(b) Mrs. Ziegler.
(c) Ms. Moss.
(d) Ms. Commons.
14. What was the name of the principal that called David's mother everyday while he was in school?
(a) Steve Harmon.
(b) Pete Hanson.
(c) George Michelson.
(d) Frank Stiples.
15. Where is the Pelzer family's first long distance trip to?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) Salt Lake City.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Patsy, what is going to make her life whole?
2. Where is the first place David and Patsy drive to together?
3. What does Patsy say about the title of David's first book?
4. On David's last visit to his mother's home, what does he tell her not to quit?
5. Who does David remember his mother looking like when he was a child?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)