|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the teacher whom David visits when promoting his first book?
(a) Mr. Thompson.
(b) Mr. Walker.
(c) Mr. Pentergast.
(d) Mr. Ziegler.
2. What does David tell Patsy happened with his first two books?
(a) They made it to the top ten list.
(b) They were brushed under the pile and forgotten.
(c) They were stolen and published under another author's name.
(d) They were printed but not published or copyrighted.
3. What happens after David gives a presentation at his old elementary school?
(a) He drives home to hold his son.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He calls his mother to yell at her.
(d) He hyperventilates.
4. Why can't David call Mr. Ziegler by his first name?
(a) He is still afraid of him.
(b) He does not want to associate any negative feelings with that name.
(c) He is older than David, and Daivd cannot do it.
(d) Out of respect because he is Dave's teacher.
5. What is David's last thought of 1985?
(a) Unworthiness of being a father.
(b) How everything is going to be great.
(c) How much he loves Patsy.
(d) How much he loves his mother.
6. Why is David making the trip to California (the one Patsy accompanies him on)?
(a) To see Stan.
(b) To see his mother.
(c) To see his foster parents.
(d) To see his grandmother.
7. What does David want to name his son?
(a) Russell David.
(b) Stephen Russell.
(c) David Joseph.
(d) Stephen Joseph.
8. According to David's mother, what was his other entity?
(b) The animal.
(c) The bad boy.
(d) The monster.
9. What promotion causes David to work longer hours?
(a) Technical sergeant.
(b) Station sergeant.
(c) Staff sergeant.
(d) Flight sergeant.
10. What makes Patsy miss the presentation to college students that she accompanies David on?
(b) A fight with David.
11. Who stands with David as best man on his wedding day?
(a) David Howard.
(c) J. D. Thom.
(d) His foster father.
12. According to his mother, why was David always getting in trouble?
(a) Because he loved his father more than his mother.
(b) Because he talked back.
(c) Because he had accidents.
(d) Because he would never shut up.
13. What ends David's "euphoric honeymoon?"
(a) Transfer news to Nebraska.
(b) Transfer news to Alaska.
(c) News of his foster mom's death.
(d) News of his mother's death.
14. David, after making a mental plot to kidnap his mother, decides he would never do such a thing. What does he yell internally?
(a) I will make you pay!
(b) I hate you!
(c) I will never forgive you
(d) I'm never gonna be like you!
15. What does Patsy say about the title of David's first book?
(a) It is perfect.
(b) It is depressing.
(c) It is absurd.
(d) It is stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. In August of 1990, what caused David's marital problems to be placed on the back burner?
2. Who gets the second copy of David's first book?
3. On David's last visit to his mother's home, what does he tell her not to quit?
4. What is the name of the sergeant who fixes the problem with David's paperwork?
5. What happens to Patsy the night after she and David go out for a dinner date?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)