|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing that David said to his father before he died?
(a) I'll meet you at the river.
(b) I'll go pack your things.
(c) I have some papers to sign.
(d) I love you.
2. What happened to the home of David's mother while he was in Egypt?
(a) She sold it.
(b) It was struck by lightening and burned down.
(c) Stan accidently burned it down.
(d) It went into foreclosure.
3. What are the only letters that David regularly receives while in basic training?
(a) Ones from his father.
(b) Ones from his brothers.
(c) Ones marked "Return to Sender."
(d) Ones from his mother.
4. What book written by Gary Powers does David spend time reading?
(a) The Sound and the Fury.
(b) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
(c) Operation Overflight.
(d) Animal Farm.
5. Which one of David's brothers came to the hospital to see their father before David arrived?
6. After examining David, what does the nurse come to find out is David's real injury?
(a) A swollen Adam's apple.
(b) A crushed nasal passage.
(c) A bruised esophagus.
(d) A crushed larynx.
7. According to David, what word is associated with the highest compliment that his father could give him?
8. What is the date of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
(a) August 24, 1979.
(b) October 24, 1979.
(c) October 1, 1979.
(d) August 1, 1979.
9. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
(a) Because he has pneumonia.
(b) Because he is flying.
(c) Because he has cancer.
(d) Because he is going to see his brother.
10. Why does David refuse to say anything bad about his mother to the nurse?
(a) Because he claims no one wins against her.
(b) Because she will deny everything.
(c) Because she is sick.
(d) Because she will die.
11. Who called David at his foster parent's home while taking a break from staying with his father in the hospital?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
12. What did David's grandmother hear David yelling into a mirror when he was a child?
(a) I hate myself!
(b) Mother is always right!
(c) I don't deserve your love!
(d) I'm a bad boy!
13. While looking at pictures in his mother's bedroom, who is missing in all of the photos?
(b) David and his father.
(d) His grandmother.
14. What does the nurse tell Steve he has to do in order to allow his father to "go?"
(a) Make sure he knows the funeral plans are taken care of.
(b) Sign the papers to stop treatment.
(c) Tell him he will be okay and let him go.
(d) Tell him he loves him.
15. According to Aunt Jane, times were different in the past and nicknamed what?
(a) The days of wine and roses.
(b) The days of privacy.
(c) The days of ask nothing.
(d) The days of blind bliss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David find out has died while he was in Egypt?
2. While speaking about her family, where does David's mother say Ronald is stationed at?
3. What does David make the nurse promise after she tells him she knows the truth about the abuse?
4. In the hospital, what story does David tell his father so that he can talk to him without worrying what to say?
5. Where is David at in the beginning of his book?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)