|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Aunt Jane, times were different in the past and nicknamed what?
(a) The days of wine and roses.
(b) The days of ask nothing.
(c) The days of blind bliss.
(d) The days of privacy.
2. Who does David find out has died while he was in Egypt?
(a) His mother.
(c) Uncle Dan.
3. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
(a) A thing.
(b) A waste.
(c) An animal.
(d) An object.
4. Where does David's grandmother think he should visit while in town?
(a) Her father's old barber.
(b) Her psychologist.
(c) Her church.
(d) The chapel at the Air Force Academy.
5. While talking to his father in the hospital, why does David say he joined the Air Force?
(a) To follow the military motto and "be all that he can be."
(b) To get away from his mother.
(c) To become a fireman and honor his father.
(d) To become a pilot and prove that he can be successful.
6. According to David's mother, who is the man of the house?
7. What is the name of David's social worker?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Ms. Free.
(c) Ms. Silver.
(d) Ms. Smith.
8. What does the nurse tell Steve he has to do in order to allow his father to "go?"
(a) Tell him he will be okay and let him go.
(b) Tell him he loves him.
(c) Make sure he knows the funeral plans are taken care of.
(d) Sign the papers to stop treatment.
9. According to the nurse, what is David's first priority relating to his father's stay in the hospital?
(a) Making financial arrangements for hospital bills.
(b) Making funeral arrangements.
(c) Making plans to move his father into a nursing home.
(d) Spending time with his father.
10. What is the name of the male nurse that meets David to inform him about his father's condition?
11. While speaking about her family, where does David's mother say Ronald is stationed at?
12. After basic training is completed, what position does David get in the Air Force?
(a) A fireman.
(b) A gunner.
(c) A cook.
(d) A pilot.
13. Who bought David a bike for Christmas in 1972?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His aunt.
14. Where is David's plane landing at the end of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
(b) San Antonio.
(c) San Francisco.
15. What causes David's father to be hospitalized?
(a) Muscular Dystrophy.
(b) Ideopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.
(c) Acute Leukemia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Much to David's surprise, how long has his father been in the hospital?
2. According to David, what word is associated with the highest compliment that his father could give him?
3. Who admits to calling social services before David was removed from his mother's home?
4. Where is David at in the beginning of his book?
5. What does David's mother tell her mother (David's grandmother) that David did when he visited?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)