|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day that David runs late for the hospital, what lie does David tell his father?
(a) That the doctor says he is going to be okay.
(b) That his brothers are coming to visit.
(c) That his mother is coming to visit.
(d) That he is leaving in an hour.
2. What happened to the home of David's mother while he was in Egypt?
(a) Stan accidently burned it down.
(b) It went into foreclosure.
(c) She sold it.
(d) It was struck by lightening and burned down.
3. While speaking about her family, where does David's mother say Ronald is stationed at?
4. What is the date of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
(a) October 24, 1979.
(b) August 24, 1979.
(c) October 1, 1979.
(d) August 1, 1979.
5. Which one of David's brothers does he take out while in town visiting his grandmother?
6. What does David want his mother to do to him?
(a) Tell him she loves him.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Give him a bath.
(d) Kill him.
7. After examining David, what does the nurse come to find out is David's real injury?
(a) A bruised esophagus.
(b) A crushed nasal passage.
(c) A swollen Adam's apple.
(d) A crushed larynx.
8. Where is David at in the beginning of his book?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The garage.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) The basement.
9. Who does the enlisting sergeant compare David to?
(a) John Boyd.
(b) Christopher Platte.
(c) "Tex" Johnston.
(d) Chuck Yeager.
10. According to the phone call, how long does David's father have left to live?
(a) A month.
(b) A few days.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
11. What does David's mother call him?
12. According to Aunt Jane, times were different in the past and nicknamed what?
(a) The days of privacy.
(b) The days of ask nothing.
(c) The days of wine and roses.
(d) The days of blind bliss.
13. Who calls to tell David that his father is in the hospital?
(a) His superior officer.
(b) His Mother.
(c) His brother.
14. Where does the book begin?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) Daly City, California.
(c) Russian RIver, California.
(d) Red River, California.
15. Who called David at his foster parent's home while taking a break from staying with his father in the hospital?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David find out has died while he was in Egypt?
2. What is the first thing David does upon returning from Egypt?
3. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
4. What does David's mother tell her mother (David's grandmother) that David did when he visited?
5. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)