|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the nurse, what is David's first priority relating to his father's stay in the hospital?
(a) Making plans to move his father into a nursing home.
(b) Making financial arrangements for hospital bills.
(c) Making funeral arrangements.
(d) Spending time with his father.
2. Why is there no casket at the funeral of David's father?
(a) His body was misplaced at the morgue.
(b) The hospital refused to release the body.
(c) He was cremated.
(d) His mother refused to buy a casket.
3. Who does David find out has died while he was in Egypt?
(c) Uncle Dan.
(d) His mother.
4. What does David think his father's admittance into the hospital will do for his family?
(a) Create a relationship between David and his father.
(b) Bring his parents back together.
(c) Create a relationship between David and his mother.
(d) Bring him closure regarding his abusive family.
5. What are the two names that David calls his mother?
(a) Mommy and The Mother.
(b) Mommy and Mom.
(c) Mother and The Monster.
(d) Mom and The Monster.
6. Which one of David's brothers does he take out while in town visiting his grandmother?
7. While talking to his father in the hospital, why does David say he joined the Air Force?
(a) To become a fireman and honor his father.
(b) To follow the military motto and "be all that he can be."
(c) To get away from his mother.
(d) To become a pilot and prove that he can be successful.
8. According to the phone call, how long does David's father have left to live?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A month.
9. What does the nurse tell Steve he has to do in order to allow his father to "go?"
(a) Tell him he will be okay and let him go.
(b) Make sure he knows the funeral plans are taken care of.
(c) Sign the papers to stop treatment.
(d) Tell him he loves him.
10. What was the date that David was placed into protective custody?
(a) December 31, 1973.
(b) March 5, 1973.
(c) January 1, 1974.
(d) August 24, 1979.
11. Where does David work as a short-order cook?
(a) Western Sizzler.
(b) Iron Skillet.
12. Upon returning to his base after the funeral, what illness does David come down with?
13. Who calls to tell David that his father is in the hospital?
(a) His superior officer.
(c) His brother.
(d) His Mother.
14. Who bought David a bike for Christmas in 1972?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His father.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His mother.
15. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
(a) Because he has cancer.
(b) Because he is flying.
(c) Because he has pneumonia.
(d) Because he is going to see his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to the hospital with David to see his father for the first time?
2. In the autobiography, what does David say is the nickname given to foster children?
3. What causes David's father to be hospitalized?
4. What is the mission to Egypt nicknamed?
5. Who admits to calling social services before David was removed from his mother's home?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)