|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon returning to his base after the funeral, what illness does David come down with?
2. Where is David at in the beginning of his book?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The garage.
(c) The basement.
(d) His bedroom.
3. Where is David's plane landing at the end of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Antonio.
4. What does David make the nurse promise after she tells him she knows the truth about the abuse?
(a) That she will never tell.
(b) That she will forget.
(c) That she won't tell for today.
(d) That his mom will go to jail.
5. Who is David's aviation mentor?
(a) Timothy Michaels.
(b) Michael Marsh.
(c) Michael Timmons.
(d) Scott Trinder.
6. Who goes to the hospital with David to see his father for the first time?
(a) His mother.
7. Why does David refuse to say anything bad about his mother to the nurse?
(a) Because he claims no one wins against her.
(b) Because she is sick.
(c) Because she will die.
(d) Because she will deny everything.
8. On the day that David runs late for the hospital, what lie does David tell his father?
(a) That the doctor says he is going to be okay.
(b) That he is leaving in an hour.
(c) That his brothers are coming to visit.
(d) That his mother is coming to visit.
9. How does David cope with his father's death?
10. Who calls Alice to tell her about the admittance of David's father into the hospital?
(a) David's father.
(b) David's mother.
(c) David's brother Russell.
(d) David's brother Stan.
11. In the hospital, what story does David tell his father so that he can talk to him without worrying what to say?
(a) A story about cooking for the Air Force.
(b) A story about his enlistment process.
(c) A story about the day he was rescued from his mother.
(d) A story about their trip to the Russian River.
12. Who calls to tell David that his father is in the hospital?
(a) His superior officer.
(b) His brother.
(d) His Mother.
13. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
(a) By his physical strength.
(b) By his knowledge of planes.
(c) By his courage.
(d) By his schooling.
14. According to David's mother, who is the man of the house?
15. According to Aunt Jane, times were different in the past and nicknamed what?
(a) The days of blind bliss.
(b) The days of wine and roses.
(c) The days of privacy.
(d) The days of ask nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
2. According to the phone call, how long does David's father have left to live?
3. After examining David, what does the nurse come to find out is David's real injury?
4. What were the last words Aunt Jane and David's father (right before David enlisted in the Air Force) said when getting off the phone after telling David that "There are no guarantees in life?"
5. David's grandmother is very hard on Stan. Why is David angry about her lack of patience with Stan?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)