|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The last time David saw his father, he showed him his prized possession. What is his father's prized possession?
(a) David's birth certificate.
(b) A photo of his wedding.
(c) His retiremant papers.
(d) His fireman's badge.
2. What is the first thing David does upon returning from Egypt?
(a) Call his mother.
(b) Call Alice.
(c) Call Russell.
(d) Call his grandmother.
3. Why does David refuse to say anything bad about his mother to the nurse?
(a) Because she will deny everything.
(b) Because she is sick.
(c) Because she will die.
(d) Because he claims no one wins against her.
4. What does the enlisting sergeant call David when talking to him about planes?
5. What memory does David have upon walking into his grandmother's home?
(a) Spending the night to get away from his mother.
(b) Going over for Easter dinner.
(c) Going over for Sunday brunches.
(d) Going over with his mother and brothers to decorate her Christmas tree.
6. Who does David find out has died while he was in Egypt?
(b) His mother.
(c) Uncle Dan.
7. In the hospital, what story does David tell his father so that he can talk to him without worrying what to say?
(a) A story about their trip to the Russian River.
(b) A story about the day he was rescued from his mother.
(c) A story about his enlistment process.
(d) A story about cooking for the Air Force.
8. In the autobiography, what does David say is the nickname given to foster children?
9. What causes David's father to be hospitalized?
(a) Muscular Dystrophy.
(c) Acute Leukemia.
(d) Ideopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.
10. Which one of David's brothers came to the hospital to see their father before David arrived?
11. Who called David at his foster parent's home while taking a break from staying with his father in the hospital?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
12. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
(a) Standing like a statue at the end of a hall.
(b) In a grave.
(c) Holding her arms out to welcome him into an embrace.
(d) In a hospital room.
13. Upon entering his mother's home, what smell made David's eyes water?
(a) Cigar smoke.
14. What is the mission to Egypt nicknamed?
(a) Proud Phantom.
(b) Tent Offense.
(c) Digger's Dream.
(d) Desert Seige.
15. Who is David's aviation mentor?
(a) Timothy Michaels.
(b) Michael Marsh.
(c) Michael Timmons.
(d) Scott Trinder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon returning to his base after the funeral, what illness does David come down with?
2. Upon first entering the nurse's office, what does the nurse think is wrong with David?
3. What book written by Gary Powers does David spend time reading?
4. What does David's grandmother compare talking about the past to?
5. What are the only letters that David regularly receives while in basic training?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)