|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David want his mother to do to him?
(a) Give him a bath.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Tell him she loves him.
(d) Hug him.
2. Where is David's plane landing at the end of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
(a) San Francisco.
(d) San Antonio.
3. Which one of David's brothers came to the hospital to see their father before David arrived?
4. What decision does David make during the summer of 1978?
(a) To quit high school.
(b) To see his mother.
(c) To contact his brothers.
(d) To become a car salesman.
5. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
6. Upon first entering the nurse's office, what does the nurse think is wrong with David?
(a) He is losing too much blood.
(b) He has a broken leg.
(c) He has third-degree burns.
(d) He is hyperventilating.
7. What does David's grandmother compare talking about the past to?
(a) Opening Hell.
(b) Entering a beehive.
(c) Teasing a rabid dog.
(d) Opening Pandora's box.
8. What is the date of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
(a) August 24, 1979.
(b) October 24, 1979.
(c) August 1, 1979.
(d) October 1, 1979.
9. While looking at pictures in his mother's bedroom, who is missing in all of the photos?
(a) David and his father.
(c) His grandmother.
10. Who admits to calling social services before David was removed from his mother's home?
(a) His brother.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
11. Who is David's aviation mentor?
(a) Michael Timmons.
(b) Scott Trinder.
(c) Michael Marsh.
(d) Timothy Michaels.
12. Why is David sick at the beginning of the second chapter?
(a) Because he is flying.
(b) Because he has cancer.
(c) Because he has pneumonia.
(d) Because he is going to see his brother.
13. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) I am done with hurting.
(b) I am going to make mom hurt.
(c) I want to stand up for myself.
(d) I am ready to die.
14. How does David cope with his father's death?
15. Who bought David a bike for Christmas in 1972?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to David, what word is associated with the highest compliment that his father could give him?
2. Why is there no casket at the funeral of David's father?
3. After basic training is completed, what position does David get in the Air Force?
4. In the autobiography, what does David say is the nickname given to foster children?
5. While staying with his father in the hospital, David goes to see his mother. Who answers the door at his mother's house?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)