|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David think his father's admittance into the hospital will do for his family?
(a) Bring his parents back together.
(b) Bring him closure regarding his abusive family.
(c) Create a relationship between David and his father.
(d) Create a relationship between David and his mother.
2. How long is David heavily sedated due to his illness?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Over a month.
(c) Three days.
(d) Over a week.
3. What does David's grandmother compare talking about the past to?
(a) Opening Pandora's box.
(b) Teasing a rabid dog.
(c) Opening Hell.
(d) Entering a beehive.
4. Where does David work as a short-order cook?
(a) Western Sizzler.
(d) Iron Skillet.
5. What is the name of David's foster mother?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Mrs. Zeigler.
(c) Mrs. Freeland.
(d) Mrs. Turnbough.
6. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
(a) An object.
(b) A waste.
(c) An animal.
(d) A thing.
7. What does the nurse tell Steve he has to do in order to allow his father to "go?"
(a) Sign the papers to stop treatment.
(b) Tell him he loves him.
(c) Make sure he knows the funeral plans are taken care of.
(d) Tell him he will be okay and let him go.
8. What item of his father's does David take from the coat in the closet?
(a) His father's admittance papers.
(b) His father's medicine.
(c) His father's medical card.
(d) His father's badge.
9. While speaking about her family, where does David's mother say Ronald is stationed at?
10. What are the two names that David calls his mother?
(a) Mother and The Monster.
(b) Mommy and Mom.
(c) Mommy and The Mother.
(d) Mom and The Monster.
11. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
12. According to David, who is the only one who can save his father?
(a) No one can save him.
(b) His father.
13. What is the last thing that David said to his father before he died?
(a) I have some papers to sign.
(b) I'll go pack your things.
(c) I'll meet you at the river.
(d) I love you.
14. After riding his motorcycle to his grandmother's, where does David end up sleeping on the night he arrives?
(a) On the porch.
(b) At Russell's house.
(c) In his mother's old bedroom.
(d) In a hotel.
15. What is the date of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
(a) August 24, 1979.
(b) October 1, 1979.
(c) August 1, 1979.
(d) October 24, 1979.
Short Answer Questions
1. While looking at pictures in his mother's bedroom, who is missing in all of the photos?
2. What causes David's father to be hospitalized?
3. Why does David refuse to say anything bad about his mother to the nurse?
4. What did David's grandmother hear David yelling into a mirror when he was a child?
5. Who does David find out has died while he was in Egypt?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)