|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes David's father to be hospitalized?
(a) Acute Leukemia.
(b) Muscular Dystrophy.
(d) Ideopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.
2. What is the name of David's social worker?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Ms. Free.
(c) Ms. Smith.
(d) Ms. Silver.
3. Which one of David's brothers does he take out while in town visiting his grandmother?
4. What happened to the home of David's mother while he was in Egypt?
(a) It went into foreclosure.
(b) She sold it.
(c) It was struck by lightening and burned down.
(d) Stan accidently burned it down.
5. Which one of David's brothers came to the hospital to see their father before David arrived?
6. After examining David, what does the nurse come to find out is David's real injury?
(a) A crushed larynx.
(b) A crushed nasal passage.
(c) A swollen Adam's apple.
(d) A bruised esophagus.
7. What does David's mother tell her mother (David's grandmother) that David did when he visited?
(a) Stormed into the house and tore it up.
(b) Slapped his brother.
(c) Broke her television.
(d) Made his mother cry.
8. Much to David's surprise, how long has his father been in the hospital?
(a) Four months.
(b) Four years.
(c) Four days.
(d) Four weeks.
9. What does David's grandmother compare talking about the past to?
(a) Teasing a rabid dog.
(b) Opening Pandora's box.
(c) Opening Hell.
(d) Entering a beehive.
10. Why is David's grandmother upset with Russell?
(a) He doesn't call her.
(b) He joins the Marines.
(c) He yells at his mother.
(d) He borrows a metal chest and returns it damaged.
11. How does David cope with his father's death?
12. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
13. Who called David at his foster parent's home while taking a break from staying with his father in the hospital?
(b) His father.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
14. While speaking about her family, where does David's mother say Ronald is stationed at?
15. Where does the book begin?
(a) Daly City, California.
(b) Red River, California.
(c) San Francisco, California.
(d) Russian RIver, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the phone call, how long does David's father have left to live?
2. After basic training is completed, what position does David get in the Air Force?
3. What item of his father's does David take from the coat in the closet?
4. What book written by Gary Powers does David spend time reading?
5. Where does David work as a short-order cook?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)