|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is David's plane landing at the end of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
(a) San Francisco.
(c) San Antonio.
2. How long is David heavily sedated due to his illness?
(a) Three days.
(b) Over a month.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Over a week.
3. What happened to the home of David's mother while he was in Egypt?
(a) Stan accidently burned it down.
(b) It was struck by lightening and burned down.
(c) It went into foreclosure.
(d) She sold it.
4. On the day that David runs late for the hospital, what lie does David tell his father?
(a) That his brothers are coming to visit.
(b) That the doctor says he is going to be okay.
(c) That his mother is coming to visit.
(d) That he is leaving in an hour.
5. Why is there no casket at the funeral of David's father?
(a) His mother refused to buy a casket.
(b) His body was misplaced at the morgue.
(c) He was cremated.
(d) The hospital refused to release the body.
6. According to David, what word is associated with the highest compliment that his father could give him?
7. Who is David's "bunk buddy" in the Air Force?
8. What item of his father's does David take from the coat in the closet?
(a) His father's admittance papers.
(b) His father's medicine.
(c) His father's badge.
(d) His father's medical card.
9. Which one of David's brothers does he take out while in town visiting his grandmother?
10. What is the last thing that David said to his father before he died?
(a) I love you.
(b) I'll go pack your things.
(c) I have some papers to sign.
(d) I'll meet you at the river.
11. While staying with his father in the hospital, David goes to see his mother. Who answers the door at his mother's house?
(d) His grandmother.
12. After examining David, what does the nurse come to find out is David's real injury?
(a) A crushed nasal passage.
(b) A bruised esophagus.
(c) A swollen Adam's apple.
(d) A crushed larynx.
13. While speaking about her family, where does David's mother say Ronald is stationed at?
14. What is the first thing David does upon returning from Egypt?
(a) Call his grandmother.
(b) Call Alice.
(c) Call his mother.
(d) Call Russell.
15. According to David's mother, who is the man of the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. The last time David saw his father, he showed him his prized possession. What is his father's prized possession?
2. Where does the book begin?
3. According to the nurse, what is David's first priority relating to his father's stay in the hospital?
4. In the hospital, what story does David tell his father so that he can talk to him without worrying what to say?
5. Why does David call his grandmother when he gets home from Egypt?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)