|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the male nurse that meets David to inform him about his father's condition?
2. What is the date of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
(a) October 1, 1979.
(b) August 1, 1979.
(c) August 24, 1979.
(d) October 24, 1979.
3. What were the last words Aunt Jane and David's father (right before David enlisted in the Air Force) said when getting off the phone after telling David that "There are no guarantees in life?"
(a) I love you.
(b) Don't let it consume you.
(c) Be yourself.
(d) I am so proud of you.
4. According to David's mother, who is the man of the house?
5. What happened to the home of David's mother while he was in Egypt?
(a) It went into foreclosure.
(b) Stan accidently burned it down.
(c) She sold it.
(d) It was struck by lightening and burned down.
6. Why is there no casket at the funeral of David's father?
(a) His mother refused to buy a casket.
(b) He was cremated.
(c) The hospital refused to release the body.
(d) His body was misplaced at the morgue.
7. After riding his motorcycle to his grandmother's, where does David end up sleeping on the night he arrives?
(a) At Russell's house.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In his mother's old bedroom.
(d) On the porch.
8. What does David think his father's admittance into the hospital will do for his family?
(a) Bring him closure regarding his abusive family.
(b) Create a relationship between David and his mother.
(c) Create a relationship between David and his father.
(d) Bring his parents back together.
9. Who is David's aviation mentor?
(a) Michael Marsh.
(b) Timothy Michaels.
(c) Michael Timmons.
(d) Scott Trinder.
10. Where does David work as a short-order cook?
(c) Iron Skillet.
(d) Western Sizzler.
11. Who is David's "bunk buddy" in the Air Force?
12. Which one of David's brothers came to the hospital to see their father before David arrived?
13. According to the nurse, what is David's first priority relating to his father's stay in the hospital?
(a) Making plans to move his father into a nursing home.
(b) Making financial arrangements for hospital bills.
(c) Spending time with his father.
(d) Making funeral arrangements.
14. Who calls to tell David that his father is in the hospital?
(a) His Mother.
(c) His superior officer.
(d) His brother.
15. Upon first entering the nurse's office, what does the nurse think is wrong with David?
(a) He is hyperventilating.
(b) He is losing too much blood.
(c) He has a broken leg.
(d) He has third-degree burns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Much to David's surprise, how long has his father been in the hospital?
2. What does David's mother tell her mother (David's grandmother) that David did when he visited?
3. The last time David saw his father, he showed him his prized possession. What is his father's prized possession?
4. Who called David at his foster parent's home while taking a break from staying with his father in the hospital?
5. After examining David, what does the nurse come to find out is David's real injury?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)