|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David's grandmother hear David yelling into a mirror when he was a child?
(a) I'm a bad boy!
(b) I don't deserve your love!
(c) Mother is always right!
(d) I hate myself!
2. After riding his motorcycle to his grandmother's, where does David end up sleeping on the night he arrives?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) On the porch.
(c) In his mother's old bedroom.
(d) At Russell's house.
3. Which one of David's brothers does he take out while in town visiting his grandmother?
4. Who calls Alice to tell her about the admittance of David's father into the hospital?
(a) David's mother.
(b) David's brother Russell.
(c) David's father.
(d) David's brother Stan.
5. Why is there no casket at the funeral of David's father?
(a) The hospital refused to release the body.
(b) He was cremated.
(c) His body was misplaced at the morgue.
(d) His mother refused to buy a casket.
6. What is the name of David's foster mother?
(a) Mrs. Freeland.
(b) Mrs. Zeigler.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) Mrs. Turnbough.
7. Upon returning to his base after the funeral, what illness does David come down with?
8. The last time David saw his father, he showed him his prized possession. What is his father's prized possession?
(a) David's birth certificate.
(b) His fireman's badge.
(c) A photo of his wedding.
(d) His retiremant papers.
9. What is the mission to Egypt nicknamed?
(a) Tent Offense.
(b) Proud Phantom.
(c) Digger's Dream.
(d) Desert Seige.
10. What is the first thing David does upon returning from Egypt?
(a) Call his mother.
(b) Call Russell.
(c) Call Alice.
(d) Call his grandmother.
11. Where does David's grandmother think he should visit while in town?
(a) Her father's old barber.
(b) Her church.
(c) The chapel at the Air Force Academy.
(d) Her psychologist.
12. What does David describe his knight-in-shining-armor plans as?
(a) Idiotic pipe dreams.
(b) Stupid selfishness.
(c) A waste.
(d) Self-sacrificing horridity.
13. Why does David call his grandmother when he gets home from Egypt?
(a) To check on his brothers.
(b) To check on his mother.
(c) To get his aunt's phone number.
(d) To see if she got the money he sent her.
14. What excuse does David's mother come up with to cover up his injuries sustained from being pushed down the stairs?
(a) He tripped.
(b) He was wrestling with his brothers.
(c) He was sleep-walking.
(d) He fell off his bike.
15. Much to David's surprise, how long has his father been in the hospital?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Four months.
(c) Four days.
(d) Four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the only letters that David regularly receives while in basic training?
2. According to David's mother, who is the man of the house?
3. According to the nurse, what is David's first priority relating to his father's stay in the hospital?
4. Who calls to tell David that his father is in the hospital?
5. Where does David work as a short-order cook?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)