Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1, The End
1. David's mother stopped calling David by his name while he was a child. Describe the regression of David's "name."
2. In Chapter 1 entitled "The End," what happens when David finally lashes out verbally against his mother?
3. Why does David not understand the reason for his mother's abuse?
4. Why is David afraid of the nurse reporting the abuse to the authorities?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 2, Fly Away
5. Why is David sweating while on the plane to San Antonio?
This section contains 968 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)