|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Long Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does David make during the summer of 1978?
(a) To quit high school.
(b) To become a car salesman.
(c) To see his mother.
(d) To contact his brothers.
2. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) I am ready to die.
(b) I want to stand up for myself.
(c) I am going to make mom hurt.
(d) I am done with hurting.
3. After earning his crew wings, what will David's position be in the Air Force?
(a) Boom operator.
(b) Flight cook.
(d) Ground crew.
4. Who calls Alice to tell her about the admittance of David's father into the hospital?
(a) David's mother.
(b) David's brother Russell.
(c) David's brother Stan.
(d) David's father.
5. How does David impress the recruiting officer while filling out his Air Force enlistment papers?
(a) By his physical strength.
(b) By his knowledge of planes.
(c) By his schooling.
(d) By his courage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the principal that called David's mother everyday while he was in school?
2. What operation is David deployed on in 1990?
3. What sport does David's son enjoy playing?
4. What kind of books does David read to his son?
5. Who is David's "bunk buddy" in the Air Force?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)