|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Long Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of David's brothers does he take out while in town visiting his grandmother?
2. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) I am going to make mom hurt.
(b) I am ready to die.
(c) I want to stand up for myself.
(d) I am done with hurting.
3. Why is there no casket at the funeral of David's father?
(a) He was cremated.
(b) His body was misplaced at the morgue.
(c) The hospital refused to release the body.
(d) His mother refused to buy a casket.
4. According to Patsy, what is going to make her life whole?
(a) Their marriage.
(b) The baby.
(c) Their new home.
(d) Moving away from her mother.
5. What operation is David deployed on in 1990?
(a) Operation Desert Sabre.
(b) Operation Desert Storm.
(c) Operation Gulf War.
(d) Operation Desert Shield.
Short Answer Questions
1. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
2. Why is David's grandmother upset with Russell?
3. Where is David's plane landing at the end of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
4. What happened to the home of David's mother while he was in Egypt?
5. What is the nickname the residents at David's apartment complex give him?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)