|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Long Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) I am going to make mom hurt.
(b) I am ready to die.
(c) I am done with hurting.
(d) I want to stand up for myself.
2. Much to David's surprise, how long has his father been in the hospital?
(a) Four years.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Four days.
(d) Four months.
3. Why is there no casket at the funeral of David's father?
(a) The hospital refused to release the body.
(b) He was cremated.
(c) His mother refused to buy a casket.
(d) His body was misplaced at the morgue.
4. Where does David work part-time while in the Air Force and giving speeches?
(b) Family courts.
(c) Juvenile hall.
5. What makes Patsy miss the presentation to college students that she accompanies David on?
(d) A fight with David.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon entering the hospital to see David's father, what does the smell remind him of?
2. What is the name of David's social worker?
3. After Patsy moves in, who does David find out has cancer?
4. Where do David and Patsy move to soon after they marry?
5. What specific word spoken by Patsy "struck a chord" in David?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)