|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Long Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) I am ready to die.
(b) I want to stand up for myself.
(c) I am going to make mom hurt.
(d) I am done with hurting.
2. What does David's grandmother compare talking about the past to?
(a) Opening Pandora's box.
(b) Entering a beehive.
(c) Teasing a rabid dog.
(d) Opening Hell.
3. What does David describe his knight-in-shining-armor plans as?
(a) Idiotic pipe dreams.
(b) Stupid selfishness.
(c) Self-sacrificing horridity.
(d) A waste.
4. Why is there no casket at the funeral of David's father?
(a) His mother refused to buy a casket.
(b) The hospital refused to release the body.
(c) He was cremated.
(d) His body was misplaced at the morgue.
5. According to David's mother, what was his other entity?
(a) The monster.
(b) The bad boy.
(d) The animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes David's father to be hospitalized?
2. David, after making a mental plot to kidnap his mother, decides he would never do such a thing. What does he yell internally?
3. Why does David refuse to say anything bad about his mother to the nurse?
4. Right before leaving his mother's home with his wife and son, what does his mother beg him to do?
5. What book written by Gary Powers does David spend time reading?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)