|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Long Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
(a) An animal.
(b) A thing.
(c) A waste.
(d) An object.
2. Why does David tell Patsy he is doing everything that he is (Air Force, volunteering, part-time job)?
(a) To feel better about himself.
(b) To make it better for her and their son.
(c) Because he cannot stand to be around her.
(d) To help all the children in the world.
3. How old is David's youngest brother Kevin when he goes to visit his mother close to his son's first birthday?
4. What were the last words Aunt Jane and David's father (right before David enlisted in the Air Force) said when getting off the phone after telling David that "There are no guarantees in life?"
(a) I am so proud of you.
(b) Be yourself.
(c) I love you.
(d) Don't let it consume you.
5. Which one of David's favorite planes is retired in 1990?
Short Answer Questions
1. In August of 1990, what caused David's marital problems to be placed on the back burner?
2. Upon entering the hospital to see David's father, what does the smell remind him of?
3. After earning his crew wings, what will David's position be in the Air Force?
4. Where do David and Patsy move to soon after they marry?
5. Why is there no casket at the funeral of David's father?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)