|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Source.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David's grandmother is very hard on Stan. Why is David angry about her lack of patience with Stan?
(a) Stan has Social Anxiety Disorder.
(b) Stan has Bipolar Disorder.
(c) Stan is mentally retarded.
(d) Stan is only 5.
2. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
(a) Holding her arms out to welcome him into an embrace.
(b) In a grave.
(c) Standing like a statue at the end of a hall.
(d) In a hospital room.
3. What was the date that David was placed into protective custody?
(a) December 31, 1973.
(b) August 24, 1979.
(c) March 5, 1973.
(d) January 1, 1974.
4. What does David's mother claim was an accident (during his childhood)?
(a) Choking him.
(b) Stabbing him.
(c) Hitting him.
(d) Burning him.
5. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) I am done with hurting.
(b) I want to stand up for myself.
(c) I am ready to die.
(d) I am going to make mom hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon entering the hospital to see David's father, what does the smell remind him of?
2. What does David make the nurse promise after she tells him she knows the truth about the abuse?
3. Where is the Pelzer family's first long distance trip to?
4. Who calls Alice to tell her about the admittance of David's father into the hospital?
5. Who is David's childhood hero?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)