|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Foolish Crusade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
(a) An animal.
(b) A thing.
(c) A waste.
(d) An object.
2. What did David's grandmother hear David yelling into a mirror when he was a child?
(a) I don't deserve your love!
(b) I hate myself!
(c) Mother is always right!
(d) I'm a bad boy!
3. Why is there no casket at the funeral of David's father?
(a) The hospital refused to release the body.
(b) His mother refused to buy a casket.
(c) His body was misplaced at the morgue.
(d) He was cremated.
4. Where does David work as a short-order cook?
(a) Western Sizzler.
(b) Iron Skillet.
5. What were the last words Aunt Jane and David's father (right before David enlisted in the Air Force) said when getting off the phone after telling David that "There are no guarantees in life?"
(a) I love you.
(b) Be yourself.
(c) Don't let it consume you.
(d) I am so proud of you.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of going out during time off from the Air Force, what does David do?
2. What is the name of the male nurse that meets David to inform him about his father's condition?
3. Upon first entering the nurse's office, what does the nurse think is wrong with David?
4. What is the name of David's social worker?
5. According to David, what word is associated with the highest compliment that his father could give him?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)