|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Regroup.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) I am done with hurting.
(b) I want to stand up for myself.
(c) I am ready to die.
(d) I am going to make mom hurt.
2. Who does the enlisting sergeant compare David to?
(a) Chuck Yeager.
(b) John Boyd.
(c) "Tex" Johnston.
(d) Christopher Platte.
3. Why does David call his grandmother when he gets home from Egypt?
(a) To check on his brothers.
(b) To check on his mother.
(c) To get his aunt's phone number.
(d) To see if she got the money he sent her.
4. What excuse does David's mother come up with to cover up his injuries sustained from being pushed down the stairs?
(a) He was wrestling with his brothers.
(b) He was sleep-walking.
(c) He tripped.
(d) He fell off his bike.
5. In the autobiography, what does David say is the nickname given to foster children?
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon first entering the nurse's office, what does the nurse think is wrong with David?
2. Much to David's surprise, how long has his father been in the hospital?
3. Who wrote the letter that David wished he never received?
4. What item of his father's does David take from the coat in the closet?
5. What is the name of the male nurse that meets David to inform him about his father's condition?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)