|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Regroup.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While looking at pictures in his mother's bedroom, who is missing in all of the photos?
(c) David and his father.
(d) His grandmother.
2. What does the enlisting sergeant call David when talking to him about planes?
3. Who wrote the letter that David wished he never received?
(a) His mother.
(b) His foster mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
4. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
(a) Holding her arms out to welcome him into an embrace.
(b) In a hospital room.
(c) In a grave.
(d) Standing like a statue at the end of a hall.
5. The last time David saw his father, he showed him his prized possession. What is his father's prized possession?
(a) David's birth certificate.
(b) A photo of his wedding.
(c) His retiremant papers.
(d) His fireman's badge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the last words Aunt Jane and David's father (right before David enlisted in the Air Force) said when getting off the phone after telling David that "There are no guarantees in life?"
2. Upon entering the hospital to see David's father, what does the smell remind him of?
3. What is the name of the Technical Sergeant, or David's supervisor, that finally tells him he is doing a great job?
4. What happened to the home of David's mother while he was in Egypt?
5. Where is David's plane landing at the end of the second chapter "Fly Away?"
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)