|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Regroup.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
(a) I want to stand up for myself.
(b) I am done with hurting.
(c) I am going to make mom hurt.
(d) I am ready to die.
2. What is the last thing that David said to his father before he died?
(a) I love you.
(b) I'll meet you at the river.
(c) I have some papers to sign.
(d) I'll go pack your things.
3. What excuse does David's mother come up with to cover up his injuries sustained from being pushed down the stairs?
(a) He tripped.
(b) He fell off his bike.
(c) He was wrestling with his brothers.
(d) He was sleep-walking.
4. During David's nightmares, how does he see his mother?
(a) In a hospital room.
(b) Standing like a statue at the end of a hall.
(c) Holding her arms out to welcome him into an embrace.
(d) In a grave.
5. Upon entering the hospital to see David's father, what does the smell remind him of?
(a) Being trapped in a bathroom during his abusive childhood.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) His grandmother's home.
(d) Being in the airplane bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Much to David's surprise, how long has his father been in the hospital?
2. Why is there no casket at the funeral of David's father?
3. According to Aunt Jane, times were different in the past and nicknamed what?
4. Upon first entering the nurse's office, what does the nurse think is wrong with David?
5. What does the nurse tell Steve he has to do in order to allow his father to "go?"
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)