|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Regroup.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is David's aviation mentor?
(a) Timothy Michaels.
(b) Scott Trinder.
(c) Michael Timmons.
(d) Michael Marsh.
2. What does the nurse tell Steve he has to do in order to allow his father to "go?"
(a) Tell him he loves him.
(b) Make sure he knows the funeral plans are taken care of.
(c) Tell him he will be okay and let him go.
(d) Sign the papers to stop treatment.
3. Who does the enlisting sergeant compare David to?
(a) Christopher Platte.
(b) John Boyd.
(c) Chuck Yeager.
(d) "Tex" Johnston.
4. What is the name of the male nurse that meets David to inform him about his father's condition?
5. According to David's mother, he is not a person. What is he?
(a) A thing.
(b) An object.
(c) A waste.
(d) An animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does David make at the very end of Chapter 1?
2. What were the last words Aunt Jane and David's father (right before David enlisted in the Air Force) said when getting off the phone after telling David that "There are no guarantees in life?"
3. What happened to the home of David's mother while he was in Egypt?
4. Upon returning to his base after the funeral, what illness does David come down with?
5. Upon entering his mother's home, what smell made David's eyes water?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)